View Full Version : Baseball please

diamonddawg17
06-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Honors this week
Rooker 1st team All-American and finalist for Golden Spikes Award
Self Freshman All-American
Pilk selected to play for Team USA
There may be other honors I missed.

These are all great honors not only for our players but our baseball program but nobody even talks about it because they are too worried about TSUN.

If you haven't forgotten, we have a team of guys getting ready to play for a trip to Omaha. Can we please get back to baseball.

starkvegasdawg
06-09-2017, 06:55 AM
We can multi task.

msstate7
06-09-2017, 07:00 AM
Draft starts Monday. Ready to see where Jake and gridley get drafted

CadaverDawg
06-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Amen. I'm honestly sick of the OM talk. Super Regionals start today!

Tbonewannabe
06-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Honors this week
Rooker 1st team All-American and finalist for Golden Spikes Award
Self Freshman All-American
Pilk selected to play for Team USA
There may be other honors I missed.

These are all great honors not only for our players but our baseball program but nobody even talks about it because they are too worried about TSUN.

If you haven't forgotten, we have a team of guys getting ready to play for a trip to Omaha. Can we please get back to baseball.

Rooker is also a finalist for the Dick Howser Trophy. He needs a good/great Super Regional and maybe he can win both.

WSOPdawg
06-09-2017, 08:30 AM
Rooker is also a finalist for the Dick Howser Trophy. He needs a good/great Super Regional and maybe he can win both.

If Rooker has a great Super Regional, WE win both (as in both games required to get to Omaha). Let's go dogs!!!

BB30
06-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Amen. I'm honestly sick of the OM talk. Super Regionals start today!

Yep, pretty pumped there are some really good match ups in the SRs this year. Several teams that have history with each other are matched up which will make it a great weekend for watching baseball.

Todd4State
06-09-2017, 08:48 AM
If our pitchers were halfway healthy I think we would who if not hosting the SR. It is what it is.

Thick
06-09-2017, 08:52 AM
I think we play gritty, balls out baseball and win in 3. Last weekend was a big accomplishment (based on who we played and where), and we will play even harder based on what happened at the Dude to end the regular season.

Perpetual Underachiever
06-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Dawgs in 2. We're going into Red Stick swinging! In a must win Saturday, Pilkington throws a gem and we take it. Sunday, Tigah's can't handle the elimination pressure and buckle late. Dawgs in 2.

BB30
06-09-2017, 09:18 AM
I think we play gritty, balls out baseball and win in 3. Last weekend was a big accomplishment (based on who we played and where), and we will play even harder based on what happened at the Dude to end the regular season.

I think if we are going to win the series we have to find a way to get it done in two. Only way I see us winning if it goes to a game 3 is if our starters can manage to eat a chunk of innings in games 1 and 2 and save what arms we do have to mix and match game 3.

The thing is we haven't had a ton of consistency out of our #2 and #3 whoever it happens to be on any given weekend but all that have had a shot have pitched great at times during the season. If we can get lucky and a couple of them have their stuff on the right day we have a chance. Poche is very beatable and Lange pitched alright vs Southeastern but wasn't dominant this past weekend. It will be fun weekend regardless and we all know that the Dawgs will scrap and leave it all out on the field.

Tbonewannabe
06-09-2017, 09:36 AM
I think if we are going to win the series we have to find a way to get it done in two. Only way I see us winning if it goes to a game 3 is if our starters can manage to eat a chunk of innings in games 1 and 2 and save what arms we do have to mix and match game 3.

The thing is we haven't had a ton of consistency out of our #2 and #3 whoever it happens to be on any given weekend but all that have had a shot have pitched great at times during the season. If we can get lucky and a couple of them have their stuff on the right day we have a chance. Poche is very beatable and Lange pitched alright vs Southeastern but wasn't dominant this past weekend. It will be fun weekend regardless and we all know that the Dawgs will scrap and leave it all out on the field.

We need a great outing similar to what Billingsley in the regional or Cole Gordon in the SEC tourney. Also Pilk to do his normal greatness.

yjnkdawg
06-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Well nobody thought we would come out of the loser's bracket and win the Hattiesburg Regional. Especially with the depleted pitching staff we have THe odds were stacked against us bigtime, but our team found a way to win. That is one thing about this team, when adversity strikes they don't give up. If we can win the first game that fanbase may have a semi meltdown in Alex Box, and their team feeds off those fans down there. Anything is possible with our team. #Go Dawgs#

mparkerfd20
06-09-2017, 10:56 AM
How in the WORLD did I miss this at the beginning of this season? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgxIzU2cFQ0

shoeless joe
06-09-2017, 12:23 PM
If we win there is only one road...pilk loses game 1 then we scratch and claw to win the next two. That's the only conceivable way this group would make Omaha.

msstate7
06-09-2017, 12:35 PM
If we win there is only one road...pilk loses game 1 then we scratch and claw to win the next two. That's the only conceivable way this group would make Omaha.

I think we match up well game 1:

Pilk...
3.26 era 1.13 whip 6.35 h9 3.79 bb9 9.44 k9

Lange...
2.88 era 1.24 whip 8.21 h9 2.97 bb9 10.83 k9

Todd4State
06-09-2017, 12:37 PM
I think we match up well game 1:

Pilk...
3.26 era 1.13 whip 6.35 h9 3.79 bb9 9.44 k9

Lange...
2.88 era 1.24 whip 8.21 h9 2.97 bb9 10.83 k9

Non consideration to home/road splits?

msstate7
06-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Non consideration to home/road splits?

Nah

Lange got roughed up some on his home mound last week by SELA (6.0 ip 5 er). Hopefully his unhittable streak is over