PDA

View Full Version : Star Oregon State pitcher is a convicted child molester

Quaoarsking
06-08-2017, 12:21 PM
http://amp.oregonlive.com/v1/articles/20830349/luke_heimlich_sex_crime_surfac.amp

WTF was Pat Casey thinking when he signed this guy? And if honestly didn't know, how could something like this have slipped through the cracks?

smootness
06-08-2017, 12:27 PM
http://amp.oregonlive.com/v1/articles/20830349/luke_heimlich_sex_crime_surfac.amp

WTF was Pat Casey thinking when he signed this guy? And if honestly didn't know, how could something like this have slipped through the cracks?

He was a juvenile. Those records are sealed.

It only came out now because he missed a court date.

Dawg61
06-08-2017, 12:30 PM
how could something like this have slipped through the cracks?

ISWYDT you dirty old bastard

Quaoarsking
06-08-2017, 12:38 PM
He was a juvenile. Those records are sealed.

It only came out now because he missed a court date.

Sealed to the general public, but according to the article the state of Oregon notifies the universities when a sex offender enrolls. So either the university knew and still made him a scholarship athlete anyway, or the system failed somehow.

mparkerfd20
06-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Dang. I don't even know where to start on that one. Very, very, very disturbing. I could not and would not support such a person on ANY of my sports teams.

smootness
06-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Sealed to the general public, but according to the article the state of Oregon notifies the universities when a sex offender enrolls. So either the university knew and still made him a scholarship athlete anyway, or the system failed somehow.

If that's the case, then they probably bet on this never getting out in public. They assumed he wouldn't be this dumb, I guess, and they almost made it through his career.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-08-2017, 12:54 PM
What's the deal with Beavers allowing molesters on their teams? First Miles Hartsfield at om, now this sick mfer at osu.

DownwardDawg
06-08-2017, 12:55 PM
ISWYDT you dirty old bastard

Hahaha!!!!

Johnson85
06-08-2017, 12:58 PM

I'm actually close to being torn on this. If we're not going to lock sex offenders up forever, it seems like it would be in everybody's best interest to let them eventually live their life. Putting them back on the street and then basically taking the position, "you can never move on" seems counterproductive. Just keep them in jail if that's the case.

15 is also close to being young enough that I would think maybe rehabilitation is possible. If a 18 or 22 year old molests a 6 year old, I would think they are messed up in a way that can't be fixed. If a 10 year old did it, I would assume that there is something seriously wrong with them that is likely never going to be fixed, but I would be persuadable by someone that knew what they were talking about that it was a developmental issue and that they could turn out to be normal. 15 seems sort of old for age to be much of a mitigating factor, but it is still pretty young.

louisvilledawg
06-08-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm actually close to being torn on this. If we're not going to lock sex offenders up forever, it seems like it would be in everybody's best interest to let them eventually live their life. Putting them back on the street and then basically taking the position, "you can never move on" seems counterproductive. Just keep them in jail if that's the case.

15 is also close to being young enough that I would think maybe rehabilitation is possible. If a 18 or 22 year old molests a 6 year old, I would think they are messed up in a way that can't be fixed. If a 10 year old did it, I would assume that there is something seriously wrong with them that is likely never going to be fixed, but I would be persuadable by someone that knew what they were talking about that it was a developmental issue and that they could turn out to be normal. 15 seems sort of old for age to be much of a mitigating factor, but it is still pretty young.

Reminds me of the old Dave Chappelle skit: "How old is 15 really?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjsufO9hZwo

HSVDawg
06-08-2017, 01:36 PM
What's the deal with Beavers allowing molesters on their teams? First Miles Hartsfield at om, now this sick mfer at osu.

Well played.

The Federalist Engineer
06-08-2017, 01:39 PM

If he pled guilty and got sentenced for his crime, then what else do you want. You may not want to draft him or have him in the same room with you - but legally he was not sentenced to death or banishment- he can still play baseball

The Federalist Engineer
06-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, I wonder if Vandy is celebrating their improved odds on reaching Omaha.

Cooterpoot
06-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Convicted felons shouldn't be allowed to be on a campus as a student. If they want an education, they can get it online.

Quaoarsking
06-08-2017, 01:54 PM
If he pled guilty and got sentenced for his crime, then what else do you want. You may not want to draft him or have him in the same room with you - but legally he was not sentenced to death or banishment- he can still play baseball

So you'd be ok with Cannizaro signing a child molester? Really?

runwildjerious
06-08-2017, 02:10 PM

I agree with you in that he did serve his punishment. But two things stand out here: What/when did Oregon State know anything? Did he participate in any of the youth baseball camps? Forget what this does for him (he wouldn't have this out there if he kept his registration current). If Oregon State knew about this and let him participate in camps...wow.

Jack Lambert
06-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Doesn't Ole Miss hava DB?

dickiedawg
06-08-2017, 02:50 PM
I don't think the athlete has been suspended. According to the article, there is reason to believe the University knew about this issue, so what message does suspending him now send?
"We were fine playing a convicted sex offender as long as the public was unaware. Now that it's public, this behavior is unacceptable."

The Federalist Engineer
06-08-2017, 03:00 PM
So you'd be ok with Cannizaro signing a child molester? Really?

Not saying that at all. We should have standards higher than any legal or NCAA requirements. We don't have to worry about this with Cann.

Personally, I am OK with just shooting or hanging g child molesters, I am not a Marxist sociologist. Europeans give rapists a 2-year sentence, even illegal immigrants gang-rapists. America gives 30-year sentences and deportation. I'm more on the American side of things, except I would just go ahead and hang'em and save on the 30-year expense and plane ticket.

My point is that legally, he is free to play ball and go to school. He must comply with his disclosures, but has no further legal obligations.

CowtownDawg
06-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Not saying that at all. We should have standards higher than any legal or NCAA requirements. We don't have to worry about this with Cann.

Personally, I am OK with just shooting or handing child molesters, I am not a Marxist sociologist. Europeans give rapists a 2-year sentence, even illegal immigrants gang-rapists. America gives 30-year sentences and deportation. I'm more on the American side of things, except I would just go ahead and hang'em and save on the 30-year expense and plane ticket.

My point is that legally, he is free to play ball and go to school. He must comply with his disclosures, but has no further legal obligations.

I know that was just a typo, but good grief that was an unfortunate yet hilarious typo.

Gutter Cobreh
06-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Vandy's road to the CWS just got a bit easier....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/baseball/2017/06/09/luke-heimlich-asks-to-be-excused-oregon-state-baseball-team/102687552/

Percho
06-09-2017, 10:47 PM
That citation led The Oregonian to the Washington state case and it obtained those records using a public information act request.

Do we have one of them public info acts in mississippi?****************************

StoneDawg
06-09-2017, 11:02 PM

If he has paid his debt to society it's time to move on.

Mimi's Babies
06-10-2017, 07:54 AM
That citation led The Oregonian to the Washington state case and it obtained those records using a public information act request.

Do we have one of them public info acts in Mississippi?****************************

The public acts request in MS -- Public Records Request -- Is what Rose Bowl used to get the NCAA NOA from OM...

www.ethics.state.ms.us/ethics/ethics.nsf/webpage/A_records?OpenDocument