PDA

View Full Version : Disbarment for law firm participating in rebel scandal?

paco
06-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Depending on their involvement, will 'Booster 14 Law Firm' face any problems from the Mississippi Bar Association? Yes, I realize that the MBA is nothing but a bunch of old mess stinking attorney's.

confucius say
06-08-2017, 09:27 AM
If Barney files a complaint against them it would be very interesting

lefty96
06-08-2017, 09:45 AM
I think it will depend on how the arrangement was set up. I talked to my dad about this last night, he's a retired judge. He said that if the University told barney that they had a team that was handling this all and that he was covered and they ultimately blindsided him - it would definitely be unethical but probably not illegal. If the attorney was hired to represent barney and they stabbed him in the back. . . very illegal.

Political Hack
06-08-2017, 09:53 AM
It's not a Crime, but they may have to answer some difficult questions about their misrepresentation.

Johnson85
06-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Depending on their involvement, will 'Booster 14 Law Firm' face any problems from the Mississippi Bar Association? Yes, I realize that the MBA is nothing but a bunch of old mess stinking attorney's.

If Booster 14 Law firm did anything to imply they were representing Farrar and then put the University's or Freeze's interests ahead of his, they committed a massive ethical breach. They probably won't face any significant punishment for it, but next to not dipping into the client trust account, that's probably one of the few ethical rules that attorneys are actually expected to follow.

dawgs
06-08-2017, 11:15 AM

A lot of lawyers out of OM went to msu or other schools for undergrad. I know several that are msu guys through and through but have an OM JD.

bobtail bob
06-08-2017, 11:32 AM
What I got from reading the response from Barnyard's lawyer was that they were representing them all and took what he told them to throw him under the bus. All the while painting beaver as oblivious to it all. Not only low down and dirty but I think there may be some laws broken.
Barney, rule breaking master mind. Looking back i bet beaver and company planned to sacrifice him from the jump.

War Machine Dawg
06-08-2017, 12:57 PM
A lot of lawyers out of OM went to msu or other schools for undergrad. I know several that are msu guys through and through but have an OM JD.

I don't know why more of our fans don't understand this. I personally have a Northern Miss JD but the crew I ran with were MSU grads who bled maroon like me. This won't go away quietly with a whole bunch of lawyers out there who have no love for Northern Miss.

Tripp McNeely
06-08-2017, 01:36 PM
I don't know why more of our fans don't understand this. I personally have a Northern Miss JD but the crew I ran with were MSU grads who bled maroon like me. This won't go away quietly with a whole bunch of lawyers out there who have no love for Northern Miss.

I do as well, and my class' breakdown was probably 40% om undergrads, 30% State and another 30% "other". There are a TON of "om lawyers" who have State undergrad degrees!

Jack Lambert
06-08-2017, 04:05 PM
It's not a Crime, but they may have to answer some difficult questions about their misrepresentation.

It doesn't have to be Illegal to get disbarred does it?

Mimi's Babies
06-08-2017, 04:09 PM

https://www.msbar.org/contact-us/