PDA

View Full Version : Timeline going forward

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2017, 08:06 AM
I read in one of the many national stories now that the COI meeting could be an August/September timeframe with the hammer dropping around the end of the year. Does that jive with what everybody else is hearing or can we expect sooner or later? If this holds then it appears this season is on the house and no transfers until next year.

mparkerfd20
06-08-2017, 08:16 AM
I personally think it is much sooner. Just because OM released their response to the public this week doesn't mean the NCAA just got it. I figure they have had it at least 45-60 days already.

Liverpooldawg
06-08-2017, 08:32 AM
I personally think it is much sooner. Just because OM released their response to the public this week doesn't mean the NCAA just got it. I figure they have had it at least 45-60 days already.

I've heard it was sent around two weeks ago.

Dawgowar
06-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Next dates for COI are this weekend, August and possibly September

WSOPdawg
06-08-2017, 08:58 AM
I read in one of the many national stories now that the COI meeting could be an August/September timeframe with the hammer dropping around the end of the year. Does that jive with what everybody else is hearing or can we expect sooner or later? If this holds then it appears this season is on the house and no transfers until next year.

I've said several times, stark, that the ncaa is looking out for the student athletes. That said, late-november or early January is the opportune time to allow for transfers as it gives these athletes time to find a landing spot. Plus, if they hammer TCUN to the point of death, it gives other institutions time to manage the schedule logistics and find replacement opponents.

As an aside, what if TCUN's dismissal "triggers" the next wave of conference realignment? to four Super Conferences? with the Bears on the outside looking in.

Dawgology
06-08-2017, 09:07 AM
I've said several times, stark, that the ncaa is looking out for the student athletes. That said, late-november or early January is the opportune time to allow for transfers as it gives these athletes time to find a landing spot. Plus, if they hammer TCUN to the point of death, it gives other institutions time to manage the schedule logistics and find replacement opponents.

As an aside, what if TCUN's dismissal "triggers" the next wave of conference realignment? to four Super Conferences? with the Bears on the outside looking in.

I've been told by many on here that Ole Miss would never be removed from or leave the SEC so that couldn't possibly happen.

PMDawg
06-08-2017, 09:07 AM

While I know this will never happen...I like the way you think!!

WSOPdawg
06-08-2017, 09:28 AM
I've been told by many on here that Ole Miss would never be removed from or leave the SEC so that couldn't possibly happen.

Lol, my bad Dawgology. I forgot all the times that you and me and Reason2Succeed have been shot down for trying to make others think outside the box. What was I thinking?