PDA

View Full Version : So...Do we look straight to Hud? Or will Strick hire Wake Forest's TE coach?

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm serious...Dan completely lost us the game tonight. Dak had those fools reeling and we completely abandoned all forms of an actual offense and just started running him up the middle to run clock. It was the Stansbury stall and deserves the Stansbury fall. Incompetence at it's worst degree. Meanwhile our rival is moving up the charts with a bunch of damn freshman and leaving our asses in the dust. What a difference a few years and a coach with no balls makes

mstate68
09-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Maybe we can get Matt Wyatt to lead our coaching search*****

MarketingBully01
09-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I think I'm more pissed off at the Tyler Russell play calls for Dak. He seemed to stand back there like a statue like Russell on those. Whatever happens, those plays need to be completely wiped from the play book when Russell is gone. Just terrible.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 09:50 PM
What about the TE coach you spoke about? Saying that would be another Stricklin swing and miss

Dawgface
09-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Probably the WF water boy.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't know if the SEC card would work for Mike Leach, Art Briles, or Sonny Dykes, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Highly unlikely we are going to fire him for one losing season- he would have to leave on his own

Dont get your hopes up

Quaoarsking
09-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Here's a complete out-of-nowhere wildcard pick that might appeal to Stricklin that would actually be a great hire too:

http://www.csmorediggers.com/sports/fball/coaches/Bob_Stitt
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/29/bob-stitt-fly-sweep-colorado-school-of-mines-college-football-offense/1659819/

bgdog
09-14-2013, 09:59 PM
we completely abandoned all forms of an actual offense and just started running him up the middle to run clock.

That was Dak. He kept it up the middle for a gain of 0 or 1 every single first down and it really ****ed us the last quarter. He could have it given it to Perkins who would have picked up 4-5 setting up a good sustained drive. There are a ton of things to bitch about coaching but that was on dak

Internet Cowboy
09-14-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't know if the SEC card would work for Mike Leach, Art Briles, or Sonny Dykes, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Briles is a TX guy, not an SEC guy. He is not leaving that state.

Coach34
09-14-2013, 10:01 PM
That was Dak.

how is our lack of calling a jet sweep, option to either side, or simply a toss sweep on Dak?

I'll hang up and listen

hells bells
09-14-2013, 10:02 PM
What the hell do we do. Reminds me of Ballard days.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2013, 10:04 PM
I honestly don't know anything about him, but he's young and can certainly develop QBs and run an offense:

Baylor OC Philip Montgomery - http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/philip_montgomery_350366.html

Maroon Diapers
09-14-2013, 10:05 PM
While true when we ran that play he kept it at times when he should not have, why the hell do we keep running that bs over and over after they have it figured out.

RunDog26
09-14-2013, 10:06 PM
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!

Ghost of Hank Flick
09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
These immediate post game threads always make me laugh. So stupid.

I seen it dawg
09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Simple...call a ****ing play where the only option is to give it to the ****ing running back. Problem solved.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 10:09 PM
That was Dak. He kept it up the middle for a gain of 0 or 1 every single first down and it really ****ed us the last quarter. He could have it given it to Perkins who would have picked up 4-5 setting up a good sustained drive. There are a ton of things to bitch about coaching but that was on dak

You don't know that. For all we know, Mullen could have been telling him not to give it off. Hell, that actually sounds more like Mullen than any example

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 10:13 PM
These immediate post game threads always make me laugh. So stupid.

"So stupid"? Is it as stupid as paying a guy millions a year to be a ***** during crunch time? To start trying to run clock with 8 minutes to go and a 3 point lead? No, THAT is stupid. And letting that shit continue is even more stupid. I've been a Dan defender for a LONG time...but tonight was it. He lost us that game. ANd now we will not go bowling and we will likely spiral down into another cycle of MSU history, when we could have avoided it by just simply having our coach not be a ***** tonight. I'm sorry that I'm mad, but that shit was unacceptable to me. Auburn is not a good team, and we simply let them beat us....just LET them. MIT as well wear skirts next week if we run out there behind Mullen out of the tunnel. I'm pissed

Statecoachingblows**
Coaching is pathetic. Play calling is ridiculous. Spread offense genius my ass! Repeatedly getting beat by "up and coming" teams?? Giving games away is more like it. It wouldn't matter if we had Dan Marino as our qb koenning wouldn't give home shit to work with

DownwardDawg
Did we let Dak throw a ****ing pass in the 4th quarter?? He had them SOB's reeling and Dan hand cuffed his ass.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm not as pissed as Texas fans....but I'm pissed

Statecoachingblows**
09-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Collins hasn't learned anything from last year. Watch them march down the field, back off dont blitz hope they **** up...news flash it doesn't work! Bad play calling on O and piss poor effort on D how can we beat anybody besides Alcorn and Troy? Bowl game? YeA right! Just prayin we beat ol piss

chef dixon
09-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Are you guys serious? We played a pretty damn good game for a night time hostile environment. A dropped pass from Lewis was the difference. Not really mad at anyone on our team/staff, it just sucks.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Are you guys serious? We played a pretty damn good game for a night time hostile environment. A dropped pass from Lewis was the difference. Not really mad at anyone on our team/staff, it just sucks.

You have either lived through too many years of this garbage and it has messed your head up....or you watched a different game than we did.

Maroon Diapers
09-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Not the missed FG? not the lets copy Auburn and go for 2 failed attempt? But one dropped pass? Perk could have actually tried to get to the first down marker or we could have at least to attempt to stop a 90 yard march in one minute down the ****ing field. Our coaches just went straight stupid. +3 in turnovers and lose. That takes a special coaching talent there.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Did we let Dak throw a ****ing pass in the 4th quarter?? He had them SOB's reeling and Dan hand cuffed his ass.

Yeah- the one that Jameon didn't come up with which wasn't that great of a pass anyway.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Not the missed FG? not the lets copy Auburn and go for 2 failed attempt? But one dropped pass? Perk could have actually tried to get to the first down marker or we could have at least to attempt to stop a 90 yard march in one minute down the ****ing field. Our coaches just went straight stupid. +3 in turnovers and lose. That takes a special coaching talent there.

Yeah- WTF was that? I think us converting that 4th down and one in our own territory was like the first time in Dan's coaching history where we did something unconventional and it actually worked.

DapperDawg
09-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah- WTF was that? I think us converting that 4th down and one in our own territory was like the first time in Dan's coaching history where we did something unconventional and it actually worked.

Todd, that was Mullen's ego on display. Malzahn spit in Mullen's face with his 2 point conversion by running the jump pass. So Mullen had to come back and try to 1 up him.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Todd, that was Mullen's ego on display. Malzahn spit in Mullen's face with his 2 point conversion by running the jump pass. So Mullen had to come back and try to 1 up him.

That's better than anything I can think of. There is absolutely zero reason to go for two in that situation. Really there wasn't for Auburn either even though it worked for them.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Is it baseball season yet? I want to watch a coach that will chew into his players asses because he expects nothing but winning. I'm tired of watching that special ed mother****er on the sidelines saying to himself I'm an offensive god damn genius, this has to work.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2013, 11:09 PM
That was a good pass. Eye level, hit Tubby in both hands. He has to catch that, period. Too many dropped passes from our WRs as a whole tonight.

Todd4State
09-14-2013, 11:21 PM
That was a good pass. Eye level, hit Tubby in both hands. He has to catch that, period. Too many dropped passes from our WRs as a whole tonight.

I thought the throw was low. To me, it looked like Lewis had to go down to the ground to catch it. I'd have to look at it again. I do agree that he should have caught it.

MaroonState
09-15-2013, 03:09 AM
That pass was way behind Jameon. He did a great job of being able to even get two hands on the ball. That was on Dak unfortunately.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2013, 06:05 AM
That pass was way behind Jameon. He did a great job of being able to even get two hands on the ball. That was on Dak unfortunately.

It was both their faults. It was a terrible pass that was thrown way behind Lewis but he got both hands on the ball. We suck.

Relf2.0
09-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Do we go the coordinator route or do what Auburn and Black Bears just did by hiring a Sun Belt coach?

Not really sure about what proven HC's are out there. I don't think Bobby Petrino will be interested because the West is so tough plus I don't want the SEC to target us for being the team that got him back in the SEC.

Clemson OC Chad Morris might be good one, he isn't too far removed from being a HS HC like Malzahn or Bucky Bear. that seem to be succesful so far.