PDA

View Full Version : Mullen said GTHOM

Reason2succeed
06-08-2017, 05:40 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/mississippi/ole-miss-dan-mullen-ncaa-allegations/amp

Tbonewannabe
06-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Well, that is interesting. Trying to get the coach you have bought players out from under to help you prove that your player is a liar which would end his career. Talk about dumb. That shows you that are reaching for anything.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-08-2017, 07:28 AM
We were institution #10, so there were 9 other colleges they were screwing with until they got to naming us and 38 student athletes prior to Lewis.

MrKotter
06-08-2017, 07:46 AM
After reading the wording in their response and seeing unbelievably ignorant shit like this makes me wonder if they have the ,by far, worst law school anywhere. I'm embarrassed for them

FISHDAWG
06-08-2017, 07:51 AM
man that went well with my morning coffee ... good find - good post

Jack Lambert
06-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Ole Miss knows they are going to lose in Indiana and is going to get hammered. This is all about getting into position for the legal fight that they are going to make in the court. They will do it and they will subpoena every coach in the SEC. I just think they are that crazy. With this in mind they can't fire Freeze. If they do then they are admitting something happened.

I do like how the SEC backed Mullen and said he did not have to be interviewed. That just shows me SEC wants to stay out of it and let the chips lay where they fall.

BrunswickDawg
06-08-2017, 07:56 AM
So the NCAA interviewed
At least 10 institutions
At least 52 players
At least 14 boosters

And 7 Ole Miss Coaches listed for "show cause" considerations

But, it's all Leo Lewis's fault!!!

Listen up NCAA - Ole Miss has systemic culture of cheating that will not die unless you shut down the program.

mparkerfd20
06-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Hail 10!

Political Hack
06-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Ole Miss knows they are going to lose in Indiana and is going to get hammered. This is all about getting into position for the legal fight that they are going to make in the court. They will do it and they will subpoena every coach in the SEC. I just think they are that crazy. With this in mind they can't fire Freeze. If they do then they are admitting something happened.

I do like how the SEC backed Mullen and said he did not have to be interviewed. That just shows me SEC wants to stay out of it and let the chips lay where they fall.

And when they do, the SEC will kick them out. I agree though. They are that biligerent.

FISHDAWG
06-08-2017, 08:03 AM
I wish there was a 39 on a roulette wheel

Tbonewannabe
06-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Interesting that UNM finally admits that Mullen is Head Coach #1. This is OUR STATE.

BrunswickDawg
06-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Interesting that UNM finally admits that Mullen is Head Coach #1. This is OUR STATE.

+1

Liverpooldawg
06-08-2017, 08:30 AM
The one thing they keep forgetting is the NCAA isn't a court of law. It is a voluntary membership organization. When you join and continue in your membership you implicitly agree to play by their rules. That includes their investigative process and punishment system. You are free to leave at any time Confederates.

Reason2succeed
06-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Where does it say that the SEC backed Mullen's refusal to talk to the sh!tbirds? I think you mean the NCAA. When Sankey or the SEC makes an official statement that will be big news and I doubt it will be good for OM.

Reason2succeed
06-08-2017, 08:48 AM

Another great t-shirt idea.

Student Athlete 39
Head Coach 1

PS please let one of the media members at SEC media days ask Dan what it feels like to be acknowledged as College Head Coach 1 by OM? I bet his answer will be on par with the infamous cigar "UT Chattanooga".

Tbonewannabe
06-08-2017, 08:50 AM
The one thing they keep forgetting is the NCAA isn't a court of law. It is a voluntary membership organization. When you join and continue in your membership you implicitly agree to play by their rules. That includes their investigative process and punishment system. You are free to leave at any time Confederates.

Have fun in NAIA. I could see UNM being so egotistical that they might think they are what starts the whole P5 move to their own organization. They can't wrap their head around the big boys don't like players being straight up bought out from under them. Michigan, FSU, Bama, UGA, or multiple others don't like that they just came in like a thief in the night on their recruits. I could see a whole Jerry Maguire deal only he doesn't keep the one client and get the "happy ending". The only guys around there getting happy endings is the recruits still willing to go on an official visit.

WSOPdawg
06-08-2017, 08:52 AM

And when they do, the SEC will kick them out. I agree though. They are that biligerent.

Please let them subpoena every coach in the SEC, please please please. I'm thinking it won't be long until Commish Sankey tells them to put a sock in it and take their 17n punishment or else.

Todd4State
06-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I could see Dan saying "we don't talk about Ole Miss infractions" like he say " we don't talk about injuries.

Or I could see him saying " If you don't want to be investigated don't pay players."

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Makes me like Dan even more

Tbonewannabe
06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
I could see Dan saying "we don't talk about Ole Miss infractions" like he say " we don't talk about injuries.

Or I could see him saying " If you don't want to be investigated don't pay players."

Could you imagine the attorney contacting him? Excuse me Mr. Mullen but we need you to help prove that we didn't buy all these players out from under you for our annual Flipmas party. I will put it in the paper if you don't help.

smootness
06-08-2017, 10:12 AM
They never intended to actually interview Mullen, they obviously knew he wouldn't do it, and it's crazy to even ask. They just did that so they could point and say, 'See, we're not getting any cooperation and can't possibly know if what Lewis is saying is true.'

It's bold and probably stupid, but that's what they're doing.

BuckyIsAB****
06-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I swear to God Mullen better not ever take a knee against them ever again. If he gets a chance he better run that shit up

LockeDawg
06-08-2017, 11:07 AM

I do like how the SEC backed Mullen and said he did not have to be interviewed. That just shows me SEC wants to stay out of it and let the chips lay where they fall.You mean the NCAA?
The SEC hasn't commented on this case.

TrapGame
06-08-2017, 12:01 PM
This is ole miss with everything they release from now on:

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Sam-Drowning-1445209015.gif?quality=.8&height=258&width=543

Percho
06-08-2017, 01:15 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/mississippi/ole-miss-dan-mullen-ncaa-allegations/amp

The picture reminds me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxtXOisa0cY

mstatefan91
06-08-2017, 03:17 PM
"Hey, Mr. Coach Mullen sir.. uh could you like do us a solid and tell everyone that your player is lying? Pretty please. I know we've stolen croots from you and stuff, but everyone does it! If you don't then we will obviously do nothing about it but whine in our response, so could you?"

Response:
"We don't talk about ongoing investigations"

yjnkdawg
06-08-2017, 07:01 PM

I just don't think OM wants any of this to get to the court setting. I highly doubt that they want Freeze on a witness stand to be cross examined. Some of the message board gurus on their sites wanted for OM to sue the NCAA. That would have been fun to watch.

pilldawg
06-08-2017, 07:24 PM
They never intended to actually interview Mullen, they obviously knew he wouldn't do it, and it's crazy to even ask. They just did that so they could point and say, 'See, we're not getting any cooperation and can't possibly know if what Lewis is saying is true.'

It's bold and probably stupid, but that's what they're doing.

They just included that information so they could point to recruits and create the perception that there could possibly be some foul play on our part. They hate losing in recruiting and perception more than winning and losing games. Like all of their BS in the Hugh Freeze era, it will ultimately fail.

RocketDawg
06-08-2017, 08:03 PM
After reading the wording in their response and seeing unbelievably ignorant shit like this makes me wonder if they have the ,by far, worst law school anywhere. I'm embarrassed for them

Wasn't their response largely put together by the law firm in Birmingham, one somewhere in the midwest (Kansas, I think), with likely some participation by OM lawyers?

RocketDawg
06-08-2017, 08:05 PM
So the NCAA interviewed
At least 10 institutions
At least 52 players
At least 14 boosters

And 7 Ole Miss Coaches listed for "show cause" considerations

But, it's all Leo Lewis's fault!!!

Listen up NCAA - Ole Miss has systemic culture of cheating that will not die unless you shut down the program.

I don't think it necessarily means that they interviewed all those places/people ... just means that they were mentioned in the response. Obviously, I could be wrong since I have no first-hand knowledge.

Maroon Wizardry
06-08-2017, 08:22 PM
I swear to God Mullen better not ever take a knee against them ever again. If he gets a chance he better run that shit up

We should let our young kickers practice every time we cross the 35 yard line once we build up a 20 pt lead in the first quarter. They need all the practice and game experience they can get. maybe kneel one down then kick a field goal just to piss them off

Jack Lambert
06-08-2017, 08:53 PM

Be funny if he said I can't wait to get my side of the story out.

Mimi's Babies
06-08-2017, 09:26 PM
I don't think it necessarily means that they interviewed all those places/people ... just means that they were mentioned in the response. Obviously, I could be wrong since I have no first-hand knowledge.

There were at least 8 interviewed.... Student/ath.

War Machine Dawg
06-09-2017, 08:59 AM

THIS.

Reason2succeed
06-09-2017, 09:48 AM
We should let our young kickers practice every time we cross the 35 yard line once we build up a 20 pt lead in the first quarter. They need all the practice and game experience they can get. maybe kneel one down then kick a field goal just to piss them off

Kickers don't want to screw up their avg by taking unnecessary long kicks. I say we just keep the pedal to the metal. Maybe take out starters but keep the same aggressive offense until 0:00. Let KT and Kylyn Hill pad their stats.

Mimi's Babies
06-09-2017, 10:28 AM
THIS.

I hope the Vistors tickets for the OM game are 150.00 each.. If any MSU Booster sells their tickets -- it should be game on...

Reason2succeed
06-09-2017, 11:20 AM
I hope the Vistors tickets for the OM game are 150.00 each.. If any MSU Booster sells their tickets -- it should be game on...

I don't think we are going to have to worry about OM fans showing up at games this year. Did you see the attendance at the "Grove Bowl"? It looked like everyone went to the Grove and skipped the bowl.