PDA

View Full Version : So is Barney smart enough to have a paper/data trail?

Indndawg
06-07-2017, 06:59 PM
I doubt it

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 07:05 PM
I doubt it

With as much money as was exchanging hands... I bet there is a paper trail.
Child's name
Boosters name
what was promised to the recruit
dates, times, etc....

RiverCityDawg
06-07-2017, 07:15 PM
He's still trying to save his career in coaching, so I doubt he's going to come forward with "new" incriminating evidence anytime soon. Now, after penalties come down and there's officially no football coaching career to save, that's when he might say or release whatever he wants to vindicate himself.

If he already provided a "paper trail" all this is moot and all this finger pointing is a waste of time.

Dawgowar
06-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Suspect this is all about the money.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 07:19 PM
He "could" present information about the continuation of the recruiter violations that were happening while he was on administrative leave and later...... They might want to look into the "no hope" mess with the guns....

defiantdog
06-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Paper trails don't matter when he admits to giving money, and the recruit admits to accepting it.

Indndawg
06-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Paper trails don't matter when he admits to giving money, and the recruit admits to accepting it.

it's done as far as the NCAA

Bucky Dog
06-07-2017, 07:41 PM
I will say it again that when this was hitting the fan last year Barney made it known that he has records of all the cash transactions to him, and to whom. As well as records of burner phones, including numbers and who they were given to, because he saw the stars aligning for him to be the fall guy. You've got to figure that is exactly what he MUST have for him to be putting out these statements and to have any leverage with black, I mean negotiations to go quietly.

But I agree that it could all be useless based on a pure paper trail because cash is hard to follow.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2017, 10:47 PM
He's still trying to save his career in coaching, so I doubt he's going to come forward with "new" incriminating evidence anytime soon. Now, after penalties come down and there's officially no football coaching career to save, that's when he might say or release whatever he wants to vindicate himself.

If he already provided a "paper trail" all this is moot and all this finger pointing is a waste of time.

He might just make a immunity deal with the NCAA.

Indndawg
06-08-2017, 06:31 AM

IF this IS true, can't be a good look for Mississippi.

Reason2succeed
06-08-2017, 06:45 AM

Do we already know exactly who got immunity or are we just speculating? Don't forget his lawyer said he talked to the NCAA five times? Who does that without subpoena power or an agreement in place?

Indndawg
06-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Do we already know exactly who got immunity or are we just speculating? Don't forget his lawyer said he talked to the NCAA five times? Who does that without subpoena power or an agreement in place?

I doubt if his attorney would do this.

Sounds like he wants to extract a pound of flesh from UNM

Political Hack
06-08-2017, 09:52 AM
His phone records alone will be enough to burn them to the ground. He's gonna have calls to Freeze, then a kid, then a booster, and then a kid again all within a few minutes. They're screwed.

TrapGame
06-08-2017, 10:13 AM
His phone records alone will be enough to burn them to the ground. He's gonna have calls to Freeze, then a kid, then a booster, and then a kid again all within a few minutes. They're screwed.

Now Hack you know good and well that Freeze was ministering to Barney on those phone calls. He will say they were sharing their favorite Bible verses.**

TrapGame
06-08-2017, 10:18 AM
How is it that Barney went from this:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/savannah-area/127316d1395365590-brooklet-will-keep-its-police-department-barney-fife-bug-eyed.jpg

to this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/10/34/e3/1034e3700baa52ae4466ea373dbd724c.jpg

They are really stretching the truth on this one. And the NCAA is not amused.

LockeDawg
06-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I will say it again that when this was hitting the fan last year Barney made it known that he has records of all the cash transactions to him, and to whom. As well as records of burner phones, including numbers and who they were given to, because he saw the stars aligning for him to be the fall guy. You've got to figure that is exactly what he MUST have for him to be putting out these statements and to have any leverage with black, I mean negotiations to go quietly.

But I agree that it could all be useless based on a pure paper trail because cash is hard to follow.To whom?

Who did Barney confide in last year?

Perpetual Underachiever
06-08-2017, 04:16 PM

IMO, there is no amount of information that would compel the NCAA to grant immunity to Barney. I think he has been on their radar for sometime, and they are not going to let him slide. Why offer immunity to one of the top offenders when you already have him and OM dead to rights?

Saltydog
06-08-2017, 04:28 PM
IMO, there is no amount of information that would compel the NCAA to grant immunity to Barney. I think he has been on their radar for sometime, and they are not going to let him slide. Why offer immunity to one of the top offenders when you already have him and OM dead to rights?

Maybe but there are bigger fish to fry than Barney.......

LockeDawg
06-08-2017, 04:59 PM

This.
The NCAA wants Barney Farrar out of collegiate football, period. And I have a feeling they want Freeze's head on a platter as well. That shitshow was aggravated, malicious, planned, and systematic. they met with Barney 5 (FIVE) different times ~ the NCAA got all they needed to drop the guillotine.

Really Clark?
06-08-2017, 05:45 PM

Farrar had no choice but to met with the enforcement staff while he is employed by the school. NCAA Procedure rules require it. The moment he would decide to refuse to talk it would become an aggravated violation in of itself.

This also why all the chest bumping from UNM lawyer wannabe douches about student athletes at other schools should just refuse to talk, immunity or not, was a moot point. They have to talk to the enforcement staff if it is requested of them.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2017, 05:54 PM

How about a plea bargain?

Mimi's Babies
06-08-2017, 06:16 PM
How about a plea bargain?

Is Barney's termination not a breach of contract, whether it be verbal or written between OM and BF?

Perpetual Underachiever
06-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Is Barney's termination not a breach of contract, whether it be verbal or written between OM and BF?

Not sure if serious, but the answer is clearly NO. He violated NCAA, SEC, and OM rules/policies so he was rightfully fired with cause.

Turfdawg67
06-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Not sure if serious, but the answer is clearly NO. He violated NCAA, SEC, and OM rules/policies so he was rightfully fired with cause.

Yeah... I type a lot of responses to Mimi and then just delete before posting. But hey, she's a great Dawg fan so she's okay in my book.