PDA

View Full Version : Farrar just rolled over on UNM!

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 05:14 PM
BF's attorney just blasted UNM's legal team as well. Damn, this is some juicy shit!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2sIE8C1E5I4YzluWnZPWGZEUm8/view

Dolphus Raymond
06-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Looks like the shit is about to hit the fan.

preachermatt83
06-07-2017, 05:21 PM
BF gonna take down HF.

Lance Harbor
06-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Farrar is posturing for a payday. Probably would have been cheaper for UM to keep paying him.

Pollodawg
06-07-2017, 05:26 PM
It actually sounds like Farrar is seeking action against everybody but Freeze. Sounds like he still admires Freeze greatly. He doesn't sound too bright. It doesn't feel like he's turned on Freeze so much as he's going to try to prove his own innocence.

Dawg61
06-07-2017, 05:28 PM
You don't wanna **** with Barney cause Barney will ****ing kill you

HoopsDawg
06-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Hey Hugh, don't you think you should own up and take some responsibility? We all know you ordered the code red.

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 05:34 PM
He will be paid and will go away. It sounds like to me he is after the law firm and the people pulling the strings. Not Freeze and UM.

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 05:35 PM
It actually sounds like Farrar is seeking action against everybody but Freeze. Sounds like he still admires Freeze greatly. He doesn't sound too bright. It doesn't feel like he's turned on Freeze so much as he's going to try to prove his own innocence.

Not what I'm getting from this at all. Sounds to me like he's shocked and hurt that UNM, including Freeze, back-stabbed him. He does still love UNM, but is attacking their administration/decision-makers and their legal team.

Though Lloyd could not give the details due to NCAA confidentiality requirement, he did say they submitted documentation to the NCAA that supports their claims that UNM and their legal team are lying.

HoopsDawg
06-07-2017, 05:36 PM
He will be paid and will go away. It sounds like to me he is after the law firm and the people pulling the strings. Not Freeze and UM.

It sounds to me like he is pissed off and hurt that he has become the scapegoat and has to defend himself, but at the same time he doesn't want to be known as the guy who took down Ole Miss.

Don't worry Barney, I think the Admins decision to keep Freeze will result in LOIC and show cause for Freeze.

mparkerfd20
06-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Lloyd and Farrar sure appear to be some major dumbasses in my book. Ah shucks they turned on me. Of course they did... you dumbass.

Pollodawg
06-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Not what I'm getting from this at all. Sounds to me like he's shocked and hurt that UNM, including Freeze, back-stabbed him. He does still love UNM, but is attacking their administration/decision-makers and their legal team.

Though Lloyd could not give the details due to NCAA confidentiality requirement, he did say they submitted documentation the the NCAA that supports their claims that UNM and their legal team are lying.

I hope so.

Reason2succeed
06-07-2017, 05:43 PM
This has SCANDAL written all over it! It might not be a 30 for 30. It might get. Lifetime miniseries.

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2017, 05:47 PM
I am still in awe that Ole Miss is this dis-organized at how they've handled this.

How has Barney not been bought off to take the fall?

It's no wonder these cheating idiots got caught by the NCAA. They are sloppy & lack foresight.

Again, I am absolutely amazed that they didn't tie up all the loose ends of this thing in a way that Barney & Freeze were on the same team.

Ruh roh. I mean this passage it states that Barney is directly contesting the entire basis of the NOA response

http://i.imgur.com/dxQ401J.jpg

Homedawg
06-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Maybe I'm missing something. Sounds like he didn't admit to anything and is standing firm he didn't do anything wrong. Maybe I'm missing something

Mjoelner34
06-07-2017, 05:59 PM
"...coach Farrar is committed to proving his innocence (for lack of a better word) and restoring his reputation."

What the hell does this mean? Either he's innocent or he's not.

Dolphus Raymond
06-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Sounds to me like someone better start cutting checks to Barney Farrar or he is going to push the button.

BuckyIsAB****
06-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Hugh Freeze and Bjork shouldnt be able to get a job in Haiti after this

Ifyouonlyknew
06-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Farrar response is already in the NCAA hands the time for cutting deals has passed.

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Maybe I'm missing something. Sounds like he didn't admit to anything and is standing firm he didn't do anything wrong. Maybe I'm missing something

He's arguing that Freeze told him to do it. This is straight A Few Good Men stuff and Freezus is colonel Jessup and ordered the code Red

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 06:15 PM

He's not denying he committed violations, rather he's denying he did it on his own, as a rogue coach. He's denying he "circumvented the university" or "disregarded Freeze's repeated directives".

In other words, he is not denying the cheating...he is claiming the UNM response to the NCAA blaming him alone is a lie. This is really bad news for UNM as their legal team will have to argue a position in front of the COI that is directly contradicted by Farrar, calling the UNM legal team's credibility into question.

That team was literally representing Farrar just prior to the time they dropped him and threw him out as a scapegoat. That is a really, really bad look for a law firm. Casts more doubt on their integrity and honesty.

FISHDAWG
06-07-2017, 06:16 PM

make no mistake about it - Ole Barney is as guilty as sin ..... seems to me the old cliche about thieves turning on each other is in play ........ and for all you om lawyer wanna-be's it's only a metaphor ok

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2017, 06:26 PM
Of note, Farrer is not debating the story of SA39. Interesting.

Pollodawg
I stick by my assertion that old Barn ain't the brightest bulb.

yjnkdawg

Sounds to me like he is saying that Freeze didn't give Farrar all the those directives to stop as the OM defense lawyers have allegedly said happened. And also that he wasn't a rogue coach masterminding the plam.

BeardoMSU
06-07-2017, 06:28 PM
You don't wanna **** with Barney cause Barney will ****ing kill you

Should we start calling him "Slim Barney"?***

Spiderman
06-07-2017, 06:31 PM
He ain't rolled. That's a damn threat, not just to Ole Miss but that law firm. I bet Freeze is the only one kicking in to to Barney Fund right now.

He's letting OM know they better pony up some scratch too.

A LOT of scratch.

What a bunch of shameless clowns

Dawgowar
06-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Possible translation: 'There is shit the NCAA does not yet know....YET....."

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 06:34 PM

I think the only innocence that he can prove is that he was not the rogue coach as alleged, and was not the mastermind concerning these recruiting violations.

dotcomdawg
06-07-2017, 06:35 PM
This reads like he's setting up a lawsuit against the law firm. Can you say "malpractice"?

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2017, 06:35 PM
He ain't rolled. That's a damn threat, not just to Ole Miss but that law firm. I bet Freeze is the only one kicking in to to Barney Fund right now.

He's letting OM know they better pony up some scratch too.

A LOT of scratch.

What a bunch of shameless clowns

But after that, its not like the NCAA will believe a story where Barney takes all the fault.

BeardoMSU
06-07-2017, 06:36 PM
I think the only innocence that he can prove is that he was not the rogue coach as alleged, and was not the mastermind concerning these recruiting violations.

https://m.popkey.co/638ba5/qr9WA.gif
....and....that ain't good for the confederates.

Perpetual Underachiever
06-07-2017, 06:37 PM
It really doesn't matter what is fact, and what is fiction... This whole squabble does one thing, it further strengthens the NCAA's charge of "Lack of Institutional Control."

What a laughable shit show!

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 06:44 PM
It is my understanding that BF had many different forms of documentation... against HF

Bodaski
06-07-2017, 06:46 PM
I am still in awe that Ole Miss is this dis-organized at how they've handled this.

It's no wonder these cheating idiots got caught by the NCAA. They are sloppy & lack foresight.

Again, I am absolutely amazed that they didn't tie up all the loose ends of this thing in a way that Barney & Freeze were on the same team.

Ruh roh. I mean this passage it states that Barney is directly contesting the entire basis of the NOA response

Barney and his attorney just made their case. He was following orders and all moves were known by Freeze.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 06:47 PM
If Freeze was not aware of all that was going on, he has to be one of the most clueless coaches in all of college football. If that's the case, then that is not having much control over your football program. Now is it? I think we all have our doubts that any HC coach could be that clueless.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Farrar response is already in the NCAA hands the time for cutting deals has passed.

THIS - On ponying up, well OM should have done that a good bit earlier. I think their pony bolted out of the barn and he's gone.

Turfdawg67
06-07-2017, 06:59 PM

Think about if they'd paid off Ole Barn and Miller. They'd prob be looking at half the penalties and keeping Freezus.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-07-2017, 07:02 PM
If Freeze was not aware of all that was going on, he has to be one of the most clueless coaches in all of college football. If that's the case, then that is not having much control over your football program. Now is it? I think we all have our doubts that any HC coach could be that clueless.

That's why the NCAA has to punish Freeze severely. Because he is either:

1. A big ole cheater

or

2. An honest guy, but an incompetent and clueless manager of a staff who can't see cheating going on right in front of his eyes. He totally lacks the skill and capability of running a recruiting system in the proper manner.

Either of the above make him unqualified to be a collegiate head coach. So he has to go.

State82
06-07-2017, 07:06 PM
THIS - On ponying up, well OM should have done that a good bit earlier. I think their pony bolted out of the barn and he's gone.

Pony Express

Coursesuper
06-07-2017, 07:07 PM

This is true, but I don't think that Barney of his attorney are all about good here they are defiantly playing an angle. What that angle is we can only guess but I don't think it's about Barney getting paid. This could go much deeper.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 07:07 PM
That's why the NCAA has to punish Freeze severely. Because he is either:

1. A big ole cheater

or

2. An honest guy, but an incompetent and clueless manager of a staff who can't see cheating going on right in front of his eyes. He totally lacks the skill and capability of running a recruiting system in the proper manner.

Either of the above make him unqualified to be a collegiate head coach. So he has to go.

HUGE OM booster -- Freeze KNOWS everything..... he's not going to talk but knows it all....

Turfdawg67
06-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Exactly... possibly threatening to talk to 30 for 30, 60 Minutes, etc... if they don't pony up!

Covercorner2
06-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Sounds to me like Barney is defending himself against the allegations AND mad about the way Ole Miss let him go. If Ole Miss makes the second part right by compensating and idemnifying him, he may in turn help their defense and his friend keep his job.

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Sounds to me like Barney is defending himself against the allegations AND mad about the way Ole Miss let him go. If Ole Miss makes the second part right by compensating and idemnifying him, he may in turn help their defense.

If this actually takes place and Farrar goes to OM's defense, then everybody outside of those wearing the red/powder blue sunglasses will know that somebody hit the jackpot. They have alleged that he is the mastermind of this recruiting scheme in their response. Are they going to turn and throw Freeze under the bus?. I highly doubt it.

Covercorner2
06-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Ole Miss's attorneys (key word attorneys) say it was all Barney. Barney said it wasn't me, and it definitely wasn't behind freeze's back. Both defenses exclude Freeze from being involved.

somebodyshotmypaw
06-07-2017, 07:35 PM
HUGE OM booster -- Freeze KNOWS everything..... he's not going to talk but knows it all....

I tend to agree. But either way, he should not be allowed to keep his job.

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 07:42 PM

We don't know exactly what is in Farrar's response to the NCAA. We only know he is denying cornerstones of the UNM team's publicly stated version.

While it seems apparent he has done them damage, it is still entirely possible he has withheld info from the NCAA that could absolutely destroy UNM, so is making it clear to them they'd better start treating him better and "taking care of him", or he could provide specifics.

Martianlander
06-07-2017, 07:45 PM

Exactly. Freeze is either a cheat and a liar, or he is just plain stupid. He can take his pick. Maybe after the way he was portrayed in The Blind Side-he is stupid. (But he's also a cheat}

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-07-2017, 07:51 PM
This has SCANDAL written all over it! It might not be a 30 for 30. It might get. Lifetime miniseries.

Lifetime? I think your confusing this with Freeze's infidelity. The cheating(in football) should be a Netflix exclusive series.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 07:54 PM
I tend to agree. But either way, he should not be allowed to keep his job.

In an earlier post -- Bjork is stating that whether the basket ball coach had anything to do with the illegal activity -- they are fired...

YET< there is LOIC on freeze and he is still employed. IS the a double standard here -- EEOC might like to look at this case...

smootness
06-07-2017, 07:57 PM
"...coach Farrar is committed to proving his innocence (for lack of a better word) and restoring his reputation."

What the hell does this mean? Either he's innocent or he's not.

Not innocent in that he did these things, but innocent of doing it without anyone's knowledge or lying to Freeze/OM about it.

AlSwearengen
06-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Barney was just a dumbass that was happy to have a job. However, he knew what was expected of him and happily did it. Barney, like myself and others here is surprised that olemiss didn't take care of him.

In the mafia, family members take care of a family member that takes one for the team and that is what Barney was expecting from olemiss. He did their dirty work and now they have thrown him to the wolves.

He is telling the olemiss fans that he is sorry and he hopes they aren't mad at him, but he has or is going to provide the NCAA with a sandpaper condom and they can blame the decision makers for it.

Dolphus Raymond
06-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Al, I think you just hit the nail squarely upon the head.

confucius say
06-07-2017, 09:16 PM
This reads like he's setting up a lawsuit against the law firm. Can you say "malpractice"?

Ding ding ding. You learn this the first day of law school. Google "model rule 1.7." Damn butler snow.

Pollodawg
06-07-2017, 09:32 PM
This is Farrar fighting for his career. He thought OM would help. They betrayed him. He was planning on fighting all of the charges against him with Freeze as a team. What happened instead was that he was made a scapegoat. That's how it looks. I think he plans to fight the NCAA independently.

Maroonbulldog
06-07-2017, 09:34 PM
BF's attorney just blasted UNM's legal team as well. Damn, this is some juicy shit!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2sIE8C1E5I4YzluWnZPWGZEUm8/view

That's all he will need to take down that program it looks like!

Belegal
06-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Do we know what he told the NCAA? Did he say freeze knew he was paying players? We need to see his & freeze's response

Jack Lambert
06-08-2017, 08:01 AM
We don't know exactly what is in Farrar's response to the NCAA. We only know he is denying cornerstone's of the UNM team's publicly stated version.

While it seems apparent he has done them damage, it is still entirely possible he has withheld info from the NCAA that could absolutely destroy UNM, so is making it clear to them they'd better start treating him better and "taking care of him", or he could provide specifics.

He's has his own case now with the NCAA and I think self preservation is going to kick in. I think he will hold it over their heads. He is getting a show cause regardless and he can either take Ole Miss with him or not. He is fix in to be rich.