PDA

View Full Version : Booster #14 is a doctor in Ridgeland + Debunking one of the UNM claims

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 01:51 PM
In their response, UNM is trying to debunk Leo's claim that he met with "Booster #14" in his car 2 miles from Leo's high school, by challenging the timeline, including in their response that the booster had to do all of that and respond to an email about a "pathology report" by 2:52 PM.

They are going to extreme lengths, as well, claiming it takes 10 minutes to get to his sister's car, then another 10 minutes to drive 2 miles. They want to make it seem impossible, but here's the reality:

Leo got out of class at 1:30. He could have got to his car and on his 2-mile trip by 1:31 (walk out of class, get in his sister's car parked out front and take off), meeting the booster by 1:34. Leo claimed the meeting took approximately 10-15 minutes, but that was clearly just an estimate for the NCAA investigator. I doubt he tracked the time with his watch. Very well could have been done by 1:40. And for all anyone knows, Leo may have meant to include the drive over in his estimate.

That would have given the booster 1 hour and 12 minutes to drive the 60+ miles back to his office in Ridgeland and answer the email he claims he answered from his office at 2:52. Google maps tells us the drive from Brookhaven to Ridgeland departing around that time would take about an hour (assuming he wasn't driving over the speed limit), giving the booster and Leo a good 12 minute cushion in the timeline.

Now consider the above is one of the big things the UNM legal team is counting on to discredit Leo's account, and you get another idea how desperately those asshats are grasping at straws.

starkvegasdawg
06-07-2017, 01:53 PM
With the way they are trying to bury Leo, you think other recruits are watching and saying if they'll turn on him then they'll turn on anybody?

msstatelp1
06-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Any proof that he answered it from his office ? If he's on a laptop he could have answered it from anywhere.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Any proof that he answered it from his office ? If he's on a laptop he could have answered it from anywhere.

Hell, he could send an email on his phone.

Mjoelner34
06-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Or, someone else in his office could have used his computer.

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 02:08 PM

I was assuming the UNM legal team would be able to prove it was not on his cell phone before they made such a claim, but then again, they could be simply hoping the COI would not bother checking, and just accept their version.

whosyourdawgy
06-07-2017, 02:09 PM
UM lawyer starts this argument at the NCAA meeting with the committee on infractions. One of the committee members says hold on just one second, pulls out his phone, and fiddles with the phone for about 30 seconds, puts phone down, and says "Sorry, I had to respond to an email. You were saying?"

LC Dawg
06-07-2017, 02:15 PM
With the way they are trying to bury Leo, you think other recruits are watching and saying if they'll turn on him then they'll turn on anybody?

Note to future Ole Miss recruits: Keep a detailed timeline of all your movements during your recruitment. And speak clearly when you are talking to them so the recordings aren't muffled.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 02:16 PM
I was assuming the UNM legal team would be able to prove it was not on his cell phone before they made such a claim, but then again, they could be simply hoping the COI would not bother checking, and just accept their version.

Shouldn't the IP address tell one from where it was sent..... (psst... I am no computer guru.....asking)

confucius say
06-07-2017, 02:16 PM
In their response, UNM is trying to debunk Leo's claim that he met with "Booster #14" in his car 2 miles from Leo's high school, by challenging the timeline, including in their response that the booster had to do all of that and respond to an email about a "pathology report" by 2:52 PM.

They are going through extreme lengths, as well, claiming it takes 10 minutes to drive 2 miles. They want to make it seem impossible, but here's the reality:

Leo got out of class at 1:30. He could have got to his car and on his 2-mile trip by 1:31 (walk out of class, get in his sister's car parked out front and take off), meeting the booster by 1:34. Leo claimed the meeting took approximately 10-15 minutes, but that was clearly just an estimate for the NCAA investigator. I doubt he tracked the time with his watch. Very well could have been done by 1:40. And for all anyone knows, Leo may have meant to include the drive over in his estimate.

That would have given the good doctor 1 hour and 12 minutes to drive the 75 miles back to his office in Ridgeland and answer the email he claims he answered from his office at 2:52. Google maps tells us the drive from Brookhaven to Ridgeland departing around that time would take about an hour (assuming he wasn't driving over the speed limit), giving the doctor and Leo a good 12 minute cushion in the timeline.

Now consider the above is one of the big things the UNM legal team is counting on to discredit Leo's account, and you get another idea how desperately those asshats are grasping at straws.

I noticed that timeline too. They claim it takes ten minutes to leave school AND ten more minutes to drive 2 miles. Please.

But I was thinking booster 14 is an attorney. It does say pathology report which would lead one to think doctor, but it certainly is not uncommon for attorneys to handle cases that include a pathology report as evidence. The main reason I was thinking attorney is bc the Response refers to booster 14 (pretty sure it was 14) as Barneys personal attorney and argued Barney used that privileged rship to cheat. Also, look at footnote 65. The response links boosters 12 and 14 and says 12 was doing 14's dirty work at times. Footnote 65 appears to suggest booster 12 is a female named "Phyllis" who Leo claimed gave him money.

confucius say
06-07-2017, 02:19 PM
And the Response says an expert examined the email and signed an affidavit claiming the email could only have been sent from the office computer.

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 02:22 PM
You're a kid in high school with a car, and you're scheduled to meet a prominent booster who wants to give you a bunch of money at a location 2 miles from your school, and he's agreed to meet you as soon as you get out of class. We're supposed to believe it would take that kid 10 minutes to get to his sister's car, then another 10 minutes to drive the 2 miles to the meeting? Seriously??

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Could be an attorney, then. Still doesn't change the timeline (I know you're not challenging that, just want to respond)

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 02:32 PM
In most schools seniors are gone at 2:00 pm (if the schools is not on the block schedule)... Then you had better not be in the parking lot-- they will run over you getting off campus... 10 minutes -- no way..

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 02:43 PM
There is a Phyllis that works for The Smith Law Firm in Ridgeland, MS, which coincidentally is 74.7 miles from Brookhaven HS via one route
(UNM claiming booster #14's office is 60+ miles away from where Leo met the booster).

Interestingly, there is a shorter route that is 66.2 miles away. Would be so UNM to try to mislead the COI by choosing the less logical route to enhance their timeline contention.

This is not to say I have any evidence this is the lawyer or firm referenced as "Booster 14". In fact, I'm only suggesting this is possible if it's true that the employee involved is someone named Phyllis.

TrapGame
06-07-2017, 02:43 PM
If he's a true doctor his cell phone is blowing up with texts and calls like my docs are in my clinic. The NCAA should ask for his cell phone records to see which towers the phones bounced off of to reach him. If he refuses then tough shit, you guilty bitch.

Spiderman
06-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Or, someone else in his office could have used his computer.

This happens we my business all the time. Proves nothing

lamont
06-07-2017, 02:47 PM
And the Response says an expert examined the email and signed an affidavit claiming the email could only have been sent from the office computer.

pathology reports are usually sent by office personnel or PA's from Dr's offices- not the Dr

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 02:52 PM

Which still doesn't prove that he is the actual person who sent the email. I would imagine that if he is able to funnel $10,000 - $15,000 to a high school kid then he could also have an assistant or secretary to email shit for him.

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Wonder if there is any link between Allen Smith (Smith Law Firm) and BF? There is a Phyllis that works for Smith at his law firm that appears to be exactly the distance from Brookhaven the UNM team is referencing. Smith appears to specialize in cases that would almost certainly involve "pathology reports".

Hmm.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Wonder if there is any link between Allen Smith (Smith Law Firm) and BF? There is a Phyllis that works for Smith at his law firm that appears to be exactly the distance from Brookhaven the UNM team is referencing. Smith appears to specialize in cases that would almost certainly involve "pathology reports".

Hmm.

?????????? Didn't BF recruit Northern Mississippi (Jackson and North)

confucius say
06-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Hmm.

Call and ask for Phyllis

mparkerfd20
06-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Ole Miss is a school of lawyers. Hell they even mention attorney client privilege that Barney tried to use in one of their defense statements. Their whole system is built around hiding behind attorney-client privilege. Hide, defect, etc. And they ALMOST got away with it. Probably 80% of Booster X - Y is an attorney. I'm betting this is a big part of their 'scheme'. Bagmen may be boosters directly or indirectly that work for said Booster's firm. Why in the heck do you think Freeze and other OM guys have been seen at the big law firm in Ridgeland so much?

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Ole Miss is a school of lawyers. Hell they even mention attorney client privilege that Barney tried to use in one of their defense statements. Their whole system is built around hiding behind attorney-client privilege. Hide, defect, etc. And they ALMOST got away with it. Probably 80% of Booster X - Y is an attorney. I'm betting this is a big part of their 'scheme'. Bagmen may be boosters directly or indirectly that work for said Booster's firm. Why in the heck do you think Freeze and other OM guys have been seen at Butler Snow so much?

SMILE YOU ARE ON CANDID CAMERA!!!!!

Jack Lambert
06-07-2017, 03:47 PM

Judging by the Ole Miss tweets and that catfish chic they had (can't remember her name) he was probably standing out side the high school like some stalker with book bag in hand.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Ole Miss is a school of lawyers. Hell they even mention attorney client privilege that Barney tried to use in one of their defense statements. Their whole system is built around hiding behind attorney-client privilege. Hide, defect, etc. And they ALMOST got away with it. Probably 80% of Booster X - Y is an attorney. I'm betting this is a big part of their 'scheme'. Bagmen may be boosters directly or indirectly that work for said Booster's firm. Why in the heck do you think Freeze and other OM guys have been seen at Butler Snow so much?

Well hell all they need to do is give law degrees to coaches.

blacklistedbully
06-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Call and ask for Phyllis

Let's put it this way. We know:

1. Booster #14 is said to have an office in Ridgeland
2. Booster #14 is said to be an attorney
3. Booster #14 is said to have used a "Phyllis" to deliver the money he promised Leo
4. Booster #14 is said to have responded to an email regarding a "pathology report"
5. There is a law firm/lawyer who is in Ridgeland, a little over 60 miles from Brookhaven HS and specializes in cases that would likely include "pathology reports". This lawyer/law firm employs a legal assistant named Phyllis

Just how many law firms in Ridgeland with an attorney who graduated from UNM, and handles cases that would likely be involved responding to "pathology reports", and has a legal assistant named "Phyllis" can one reasonably guess there are?

Of course, this assumes the name, "Phyllis" is accurate and not make up.

GreenheadDawg
06-07-2017, 04:41 PM
pathology reports are usually sent by office personnel or PA's from Dr's offices- not the Dr

Exactly what I was about to say. The NP or PA does pathology reports. Next excuse....

bulldogsmsu
06-07-2017, 04:47 PM

3. Booster #14 is said to have used a "Phyllis" to deliver the money he promised Leo
4. Booster #14 is said to have responded to an email regarding a "pathology report"
5. There is a law firm/lawyer who is in Ridgeland, a little over 60 miles from Brookhaven HS and specializes in cases that would likely include "pathology reports". This lawyer/law firm employs a legal assistant named Phyllis

Just how many law firms in Ridgeland with an attorney who graduated from UNM, and handles cases that would likely be involved responding to "pathology reports", and has a legal assistant named "Phyllis" can one reasonably guess there are?

I really have only seen one in a quick google search. And only 2 of them graduated from UNM.

preachermatt83
06-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Seems to me we have found out who booster #14 is.

Spiderman
06-07-2017, 06:38 PM
?????????? Didn't BF recruit Northern Mississippi (Jackson and North)

Barn was like Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction, he went where ever the player they wanted was. He was Shay Shay's recruiter. AJ Browns, Tony Collier, etc

BuckyIsAB****
06-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Haha this shit is ridiculous. Leo Lewis might be the most famous bulldog ever, bigger than Dak if this keeps up

defiantdog
06-07-2017, 07:28 PM
In the end, OM screwed up and got caught. They're throwing darts and trying to limit the allegations. The NCAA isn't going to make an example. They're simply going to do their job. Just know that a lot of tax dollars were involved in this shit.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 07:50 PM

???? Could a legal process server have "served" these funds..... and not a secretary???

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 07:53 PM
I will be sooo glad when this Booster 14 , 12 10, etc. crap is history, and the real names are actually revealed. This should happen after the Commission meets. Unless there is some unforeseen legal snafu. That's not right either when Leo's name gets thrown out there to the paid sites and the socalled rogue boosters are still nameless.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 07:58 PM
I will be sooo glad when this Booster 14 , 12 10, etc. crap is history, and the real names are actually revealed. This should happen after the Commission meets. Unless there is some unforeseen legal snafu. That's not right either when Leo's name gets thrown out there to the paid sites and the socalled rogue boosters are still nameless.

Since he is a student shouldn't his twitter name been redacted... If I were his attorney I would be on that issue alone....
There seems to be a double standard at OM... The law firm may wish they hadn't allowed this to happen....

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Since he is a student shouldn't his twitter name been redacted... If I were his attorney I would be on that issue alone....
There seems to be a double standard at OM... The law firm may wish they hadn't allowed this to happen....

Actually, I don't think any names are eligible to be redacted in the NOAs under the MS Public Records Act. However, it would have made more sense if
a student athlete's name was redacted, instead of some booster trying to determine a kid's future by trying to entice him to go to the booster's school of choice. OM's interpretation apparently of the act (law) is to pick and choose as they see fit. Are is it? Hmmm. Hopefully that issue will be rectified.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Actually, I don't think any names are eligible to be redacted in the NOAs under the MS Public Records Act. However, it would have made more sense if
a student athlete's name was redacted, instead of some booster trying to determine a kid's future by trying to entice him to go to the booster's school of choice. OM's interpretation apparently of the act (law) is to pick and choose as they see fit. Are is it? Hmmm. Hopefully that issue will be rectified.

FERPA Law will rule the students names and privacy..... BUT, OM may decide that only the students that signed with them names are to be re-dacted.
IRS is going to have FUN with this one....
Lots of Tax dollars to collect....

Free state of OM.....

yjnkdawg
06-07-2017, 08:52 PM
FERPA Law will rule the students names and privacy.....
IRS is going to have FUN with this one....
Lots of Tax dollars to collect....

Free state of OM.....

They may wish they were the Free State of Jones before all is said and done.

confucius say
06-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Seems to me we have found out who booster #14 is.

I don't think so. I don't think Phyllis is her real name. Steve agrees on today's boneyard. And I think the law firm is Butler Snow. There, I said it.

nashLA
06-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Many email clients allow you to schedule delivery at a future date and time. You don't have to be present to send it.