PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
06-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Looks like we'll see one of our big pitching prospects Saturday. Newcomb expected to start vs mets... not sure which game of DH

smootness
06-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Love it, excited to see him. Hopefully he pitches well and stays up.

msstate7
06-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Love it, excited to see him. Hopefully he pitches well and stays up.

As am I. Aren't we calling up someone else for other game Saturday?

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 10:06 AM
So is the future beginning now? When will Albies get called up? I know the pitching staff is going to look different next year but anyone in the field coming up anytime soon?

msstate7
06-07-2017, 10:17 AM
So is the future beginning now? When will Albies get called up? I know the pitching staff is going to look different next year but anyone in the field coming up anytime soon?

Albies on DL right now. Probably have to move Phillips

shoeless joe
06-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Good. Colon has been a disaster and dickey only slightly better. That combined with Teheran sucking is the sole reason for their struggles. Folty and Garcia have been solid lately. Bring up the young guys and see if we can grab some of that lightning in a bottle

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Chip and Joe here, we are trailing 12-0 to the last place team in the division..................well other than us.................but that kid down in Mississippi had a GREAT start last night against Bugtussle. Also fans, don't forget it will be Chipper Jones bobblehead night at beautiful Suntrust Park this Friday.

msstate7
06-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Chip and Joe here, we are trailing 12-0 to the last place team in the division..................well other than us.................but that kid down in Mississippi had a GREAT start last night against Bugtussle. Also fans, don't forget it will be Chipper Jones bobblehead night at beautiful Suntrust Park this Friday.

I love talking about the minors. We have help coming... big time.

Oh, chip and joe are clowns. Much prefer Jim Powell and don Sutton on radio

smootness
06-07-2017, 12:20 PM
I love talking about the minors. We have help coming... big time.

Oh, chip and joe are clowns. Much prefer Jim Powell and don Sutton on radio

Sutton is the all-time worst.

msstate7
06-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Sutton is the all-time worst.

No way he's worse than chip and joe. Jim Powell is great imo

smootness
06-07-2017, 12:41 PM

On the radio he is. When he takes over PBP, you can't ever tell what is happening in the game. With Chip and Joe, I can and do mute them. Can't mute Sutton.

BoomBoom
06-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Looks like we'll see one of our big pitching prospects Saturday. Newcomb expected to start vs mets... not sure which game of DH

Game 1. Surprising. I figured it would be Sims as he is on the 40 man roster. Says they intend Nuke to be a starter day 1 of 2018.

shoeless joe
06-07-2017, 04:35 PM

Joe is prolly THE best color guy in the game. Chip is awful. And don Sutton is not great but not as bad as chip. Who is it within the franchise that you support? Hated fredi, don't like snit, chip and joe are "clowns"

msstate7
06-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Joe is prolly THE best color guy in the game. Chip is awful. And don Sutton is not great but not as bad as chip. Who is it within the franchise that you support? Hated fredi, don't like snit, chip and joe are "clowns"

Not sure bout joe being the best. He doesn't bother me like chip, but he does bother me. I'm not one that goes crazy over the advanced stats, but I do think they're worth keeping up with. Joe just totally discounts them as if they're dumb.

We aren't a very good team, so we have to play the odds. Snit does lots of dumb things like last night letting Adonis face neshek (kills RH hitters) with Santana on the bench. There's lots of examples, but I won't rehash them all.

As for supporting the team... dude, I'm a freaking fanatic. I watch every Atlanta braves' game. With my laptop, I watch live stats on Rome, fire frogs, Gwinnett, and the MBraves.

shoeless joe
06-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Didn't say you didn't support the braves organization. But you're constantly complaining about the coaches, etc.

Since the braves have fallen off I've spent more time watching other teams' broadcasts and joe is without a doubt one of the top, and I'd argue THE top, color analysts. He knows every aspect of the game and he calls it like he sees it. The only things he sugarcoats are his responses to chip's dumbass theories.

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Didn't say you didn't support the braves organization. But you're constantly complaining about the coaches, etc.

Since the braves have fallen off I've spent more time watching other teams' broadcasts and joe is without a doubt one of the top, and I'd argue THE top, color analysts. He knows every aspect of the game and he calls it like he sees it. The only things he sugarcoats are his responses to chip's dumbass theories.

I actually wasn't trashing Chip and Joe, just what they are forced to talk about due to the Braves being so bad. When you see a bit of other team's crews, and I get to see a few from time to time, Chip and Joe aren't too bad. Joe is actually pretty good.

bulldog2488
06-07-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm going to be at the game Friday in Atlanta. Anybody know who will be on the bump? This is my first game in a few years so I'm excited to see the new park! Make it to a few M Braves games a year since I live in the area.

msstate7
06-07-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm going to be at the game Friday in Atlanta. Anybody know who will be on the bump? This is my first game in a few years so I'm excited to see the new park! Make it to a few M Braves games a year since I live in the area.

Hasn't been announced, but I'd guess Teheran