PDA

View Full Version : I see the Daily Journal...

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 08:22 AM
printed, or better put, reprinted, the party line from Ole Miss. The entire article focused on Leo Lewis, complete with his picture and referring to him by name and identifying him as #39. That paper has hacked a lot of MSU people off over the years. I'm going to make them send me the rest of what they owe me, but I'm seriously thinking about not renewing. I suppose they are hiding behind the phrase "believed to be" but they are treading very close to violating what I believe is a federal confidentiality law.

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2017, 08:24 AM
39 says "hello" this morning
http://i.imgur.com/TsyfGGj.jpg

LockeDawg
06-07-2017, 08:32 AM
printed, or better put, reprinted, the party line from Ole Miss. The entire article focused on Leo Lewis, complete with his picture and referring to him by name and identifying him as #39. That paper has hacked a lot of MSU people off over the years. I'm going to make them send me the rest of what they owe me, but I'm seriously thinking about not renewing. I suppose they are hiding behind the phrase "believed to be" but they are treading very close to violating what I believe is a federal confidentiality law.

You still pay for newspapers?

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 08:34 AM
You still pay for newspapers?

I'm an old dude. I've been reading the paper every morning since high school. Habits are hard to break.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 08:36 AM
That has always been a shit paper. It might be worse than the Clarion Liar.

ILOATHEBears
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm an old dude. I've been reading the paper every morning since high school. Habits are hard to break.

As long as you continue to contribute to the problem the problem will continue to exist

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 08:47 AM
As long as you continue to contribute to the problem the problem will continue to exist

They are going out of their way to get me to stop contributing. I came real close last time my renewal was up to punting.

Indndawg
06-07-2017, 08:48 AM

Many reasons, but the OM bias was in the top 3

Email the CEO, sports editor and news editor and tell them why you're bailing.

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Many reasons, but the OM bias was in the top 3

Email the CEO, sports editor and news editor and tell them why you're bailing.

I will if I bail. As I said, habits are hard to break. They will see this thread I'm sure. That's why I started it. Back in the day I read it for the news, both local and national, the sports, high school and college, and the comics. I'm down to high school sports and the comics. Their high school coverage is getting to be terrible, so I'm nearly down to the comics. I can get that online. It's getting real old seeing them basically print UM press releases when it comes to UM. Their MSU guy does a good job but I really don't read their MSU stuff because I've already heard most of it before they get to it.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
06-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Should this problem be attributed to Parrish Alford? A piece of me dies every time I see his red-faced smirk next to an article

preachermatt83
06-07-2017, 11:45 AM
39 says "hello" this morning
http://i.imgur.com/TsyfGGj.jpg

I'm liking grantham more and more.

Political Hack
06-07-2017, 11:56 AM
The DJ and the CL are both fan letters. Anyone giving them a dime is contributing to Ole Moss's persistent manipulation of the press.

Mimi's Babies
06-07-2017, 12:01 PM
+100 Political Hack....

WSOPdawg
06-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I also bailed on the DJ a year ago when EVERY DAMN SUNDAY they led the Sports section with TCUN photos and story from Saturday and honestly REGULATED MSU to the back page with their photos and story.

And yeah, I know people say the back page is just as good as the front page but if that's true, swap them out every other week!!! But no, they put the TCUN 17s on the front page like it was their rightful position in life.

During the TCUN off-week, MSU did get slid to the front so I'm thinking ok, next week we'll stay on the front and TCUN can have the back b/c editing and layout gotta be a bitch and we wouldn't want the DJ staffers to mess up their lazy-ass ways and do more work (i.e., they'll just put the TCUN story on the back page but hell no). MSU back to the back -- buh bye DJ. I'll save my money, you 17s!!!

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 02:56 PM
I also bailed on the DJ a year ago when EVERY DAMN SUNDAY they led the Sports section with TCUN photos and story from Saturday and honestly REGULATED MSU to the back page with their photos and story.

And yeah, I know people say the back page is just as good as the front page but if that's true, swap them out every other week!!! But no, they put the TCUN 17s on the front page like it was their rightful position in life.

During the TCUN off-week, MSU did get slid to the front so I'm thinking ok, next week we'll stay on the front and TCUN can have the back b/c editing and layout gotta be a bitch and we wouldn't want the DJ staffers to mess up their lazy-ass ways and do more work (i.e., they'll just put the TCUN story on the back page but hell no). MSU back to the back -- buh bye DJ. I'll save my money, you 17s!!!

Did you hear that MSU only won the SEC last year because of UNM? It was all over the front page of the paper that isn't worth wiping your ass with.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2017, 03:51 PM

So is masturbation but that's free. Just saying.

Boodawg
06-07-2017, 03:58 PM

That's a habit you surely need to break...

RocketDawg
06-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Agree. I'd still take the newspaper if we still had one. I dropped it when it went to 3 days a week.

Goldendawg
06-07-2017, 09:05 PM
My 80 year old Bulldog Mom still subscribes and my 16 year old son and I read this piece of trash on the way to Tupelo with her this morning. This was much worse than the Clarion Liar. They acted like the only problems UNM had were Barney and #39. Printing Leo's picture was darn close to a FERPA violation if you ask me! We were going to get her laptop repaired and she is also set in her ways about her morning paper or I would encourage her to cancel. This was totally disgusting and drinking the UNM kool-aide. So it's all Barney and athlete #39's fault. Give me a break! Only two problems they have and innocent of that.*****

BulldogtheMS
06-07-2017, 09:56 PM
Let's get this straight. The DJ has no problem naming an anonymous subject in the NOA, as long as it's not one of the unnamed boosters. If I were said subject, if sue the tits off that rag.

Liverpooldawg
06-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Let's get this straight. The DJ has no problem naming an anonymous subject in the NOA, as long as it's not one of the unnamed boosters. If I were said subject, if sue the tits off that rag.

Didn't just name him, had a big picture of him in the article. Today they had an article on Barney's press release. They were careful to point out how Ole Miss had already rebutted (and implied successfully rebutted) it all.

ghostofjackie
06-08-2017, 08:47 AM
They are going out of their way to get me to stop contributing. I came real close last time my renewal was up to punting.

Go ahead and pull the trigger. Be sure to let them know exactly why you are pulling the trigger, and assure them that there are more MSU fans that are considering doing the same. I bet that MSU fans make up at least half of the subscriber base they have left.

It's been clear for about 10 years now that the major Mississippi newspapers have chosen to dig their own graves.

Political Hack
06-08-2017, 09:57 AM

Yep. I have a feeling they know the names of the boosters too, but they chose not to name them. But they're fine going after a college student. Garbage.

LockeDawg
06-08-2017, 10:05 AM
My 80 year old Bulldog Mom still subscribes and my 16 year old son and I read this piece of trash on the way to Tupelo with her this morning. This was much worse than the Clarion Liar. They acted like the only problems UNM had were Barney and #39. Printing Leo's picture was darn close to a FERPA violation if you ask me! We were going to get her laptop repaired and she is also set in her ways about her morning paper or I would encourage her to cancel. This was totally disgusting and drinking the UNM kool-aide. So it's all Barney and athlete #39's fault. Give me a break! Only two problems they have and innocent of that.*****It was most definitely a FERPA violation and they should be called to the carpet on it.