PDA

View Full Version : I can't imagine the SEC will be to please with OM trying to bring down MSU in this

Reason2succeed
06-06-2017, 11:52 PM
I don't know what ability the SEC has to reprimand OM but I'm sure that Sankey is furious that OM has tries to drag MSU, Dan Mullen and a student athlete at another university in Leo Lewis into their sh!t storm.

OM is playing a dangerous game by grasping for straws like this. I'm not predicting it but this IS the way that 13 other member institutions come to the decision to expel a charter member.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 07:03 AM
We can only hope.

msstate7
06-07-2017, 07:07 AM
I don't see the kicking em out. I can see the sec going to bat for us and essentially telling the NCAA do what you will with OM

smootness
06-07-2017, 07:59 AM
The SEC is not going to kick them out. We have gone a little crazy.

Jack Lambert
06-07-2017, 08:01 AM
If anything was going to happen to state we would have heard about it.

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 08:08 AM
If anything was going to happen to state we would have heard about it.

If there were any questions about MSU when Leo was looked at we would have been allowed to have a representative present. I have no idea if we did or not. What I do know is that as a rule MSU people can't keep stuff quiet and tend to be the first to break bad news about MSU themselves. If we had had anything directed at us we would have all heard about it by now. No way that stays quiet for 6+ months except from UM people who have been wrong about this stuff with virtually every thing they have said since this started 4 years ago.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 08:24 AM
I don't know what ability the SEC has to reprimand OM but I'm sure that Sankey is furious that OM has tries to drag MSU, Dan Mullen and a student athlete at another university in Leo Lewis into their sh!t storm.

OM is playing a dangerous game by grasping for straws like this. I'm not predicting it but this IS the way that 13 other member institutions come to the decision to expel a charter member.

Do we need reminding that UM had investigators following our coaching staff the last time we were investigated by the NCAA? UM booster screwing the investigator. A recruit that signed with UM that "accepted" $20 from one of his friends that was a walkon football player at MSU was one of our "violations". UM plays nice as long as we don't get ahead of them but are more than willing to do whatever it takes to bring down MSU. I hope if there is a vote to kick them out that we don't cave to pressure from the MS government to vote for them to stay. I say let them have the best facilities in the SunBelt.

craigmid
06-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Bo Scarborough and Alabama did far more damage to them than anything they think we did.

Dawgology
06-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Do we need reminding that UM had investigators following our coaching staff the last time we were investigated by the NCAA? UM booster screwing the investigator. A recruit that signed with UM that "accepted" $20 from one of his friends that was a walkon football player at MSU was one of our "violations". UM plays nice as long as we don't get ahead of them but are more than willing to do whatever it takes to bring down MSU. I hope if there is a vote to kick them out that we don't cave to pressure from the MS government to vote for them to stay. I say let them have the best facilities in the SunBelt.

Couple of issues with that now:

1) This investigation and the way they have handled it has completely eroded any confidence the NCAA would have in them. Any evidence that they proffered would be seen as suspect and probably disregarded. That's the problem with "fighting" the NCAA and lying or deceiving them. They should have taken their lumps and kept moving but their hubris has become their great downfall.

2) Our head football coach is on the NCAA compliance board now (hahaha)

Reason2succeed
06-07-2017, 08:39 AM
The SEC is not going to kick them out. We have gone a little crazy.

I'm pretty sure my OP says "I'm NOT predicting it". However, the SEC can't just let OM try to drag other programs down in their mess unfazed. Also, it would be terrible if they allowed OM to throw Leo Lewis' name out there (while redacting the names of rogue boosters). If I were the Commish I would be concerned that coaches and recruits might not like being in a conference that allows programs to blame all their problems on them if and when they get in trouble. You've got to try to curtail that in some way.

Liverpooldawg
06-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Exactly. I have heard all along that we were one of the very few SEC schools that didn't turn them in initially.
I have also heard that there were as many NON-SEC schools after them as there were SEC ones. That's what
really brought SMU down Rebs. As long as they kept their crap in the old SWC footprint it was manageable.

Dawgology
06-07-2017, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty sure my OP says "I'm NOT predicting it". However, the SEC can't just let OM try to drag other programs down in their mess unfazed. Also, it would be terrible if they allowed OM to throw Leo Lewis' name out there (while redacting the names of rogue boosters). If I were the Commish I would be concerned that coaches and recruits might not like being in a conference that allows programs to blame all their problems on them if and when they get in trouble. You've got to try to curtail that in some way.

The SEC may not initially kick them out of the SEC but I see within the next decade (if they get hit as hard as most think they are) Ole Miss will opt out for another conference. Their pride will cause this.

TrapGame
06-07-2017, 08:51 AM

If om had not gotten delusions of grandeur and just kept up the in-state cheating the NCAA would have never darkened their door. They only have themselves to blame. I hope they enjoy the cellar of the SEC for the next ten years.

Tbonewannabe
06-07-2017, 09:05 AM
If om had not gotten delusions of grandeur and just kept up the in-state cheating the NCAA would have never darkened their door. They only have themselves to blame. I hope they enjoy the cellar of the SEC for the next ten years.

The Mississippi Grand Slam didn't bring the NCAA calling. After the whole CJ Johnson truck buying issue that had proof of it on twitter, the NCAA started looking after UM got too big for MS and started buying recruits from Florida, Georgia, and Illinois. You can also throw in Michigan since they tried to buy a recruit out from under Harbaugh.

Reason2succeed
06-07-2017, 09:42 AM
The Mississippi Grand Slam didn't bring the NCAA calling. After the whole CJ Johnson truck buying issue that had proof of it on twitter, the NCAA started looking after UM got too big for MS and started buying recruits from Florida, Georgia, and Illinois. You can also throw in Michigan since they tried to buy a recruit out from under Harbaugh.

Don't forget they pissed off Nebraska and Okie State over WRs I think. OM pissed on everyone.