PDA

View Full Version : SC baseball coach Chad Holbrook resigns

lamont
06-06-2017, 08:53 PM
always tough to follow the most successful coach in a school's history.

Jacksondevildog
06-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Cann is doing a great job of that here at State.

Dawg61
06-06-2017, 09:09 PM
They have brutal standards for a baseball coach, guy made 2 SR and didn't have a losing season once in five season

Gutter Cobreh
06-06-2017, 09:11 PM
always tough to follow the most successful coach in a school's history.

Especially when said coach is now the athletic director....

While Cohen was good, he never won multiple NCs like Tanner. I'm not a fan of Tanner, but he did win.

ScottH
06-06-2017, 09:25 PM
(Of the non pie in the sky names) Early leaders in the clubhouse are Mark Calvi and Cliff Godwin.

I seen it dawg
06-06-2017, 09:33 PM
He could end up at College of Charleston. He's gonna land on his feet.

shoeless joe
06-06-2017, 09:35 PM
College Baseball is so much different than other sports in how to gage success from a head coaching standpoint. Making a super really is the only reasonable standard to measure. Making Omaha requires a lot of instances of luck. Now, if a dominant team then yeah they should make Omaha. But sometimes a pitcher gets hot and that's all it takes. We saw that last year.

The key is to consistently put yourself in that position so that you can occasionally catch the breaks necessary. This is also why losing in the champ series was so painful...never guaranteed a return trip. The old set up of the postseason relied less on luck and circumstance than does the new.

Dawg61
06-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Tennessee still needs a coach, wonder who they're going after

ScottH
06-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Tennessee still needs a coach, wonder who they're going after

A tweet I saw a couple of days ago had as possibilities TN Tech HC, VA asst, Chris Burke - former player. There may have been one more listed.

Bohannon was on list pre Bama hire.

No clue as to completeness.