PDA

View Full Version : I just read the entire NOA..........

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 06:21 PM
I have not read the response. They are SCREWED. The little thing at the end detailing the aggravating and mitigating factors is particularly damning. If this punishment isn't the next thing to the death penalty then the NCAA might as well fold up the tent and disband.

spbdawg
06-06-2017, 06:42 PM
#

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
https://www.scribd.com/document/350452600/2017-Notice-of-Allegations-Redacted#fullscreen&from_embed

Homedawg
06-06-2017, 07:09 PM
I have not read the response. They are SCREWED. The little thing at the end detailing the aggravating and mitigating factors is particularly damning. If this punishment isn't the next thing to the death penalty then the NCAA might as well fold up the tent and disband.
You need to read the response as you read the noa. Saves time and that's the important part anyway.

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 07:17 PM
You need to read the response as you read the noa. Saves time and that's the important part anyway.

I'd say the NOA is the important part, unless you believe anything UM says.

RocketDawg
06-06-2017, 07:19 PM
Where's the link to OM's response? I can't seem to find it.

Homedawg
06-06-2017, 07:21 PM
I'd say the NOA is the important part, unless you believe anything UM says.

My point it you can read them both all at once if you read the response. And no, doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether or not you believe them or not.

BrunswickDawg
06-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Interesting things in the NOA -
46 Student Athletes
14 Boosters
12 family members

Not all of those individuals are listed in the NOA, but it means they talked to a shit ton of people.

I also love this in the closing:

3. Involved party [Hugh Freeze (Freeze), head football coach]:
a. Aggravating factor(s). [NCAA Division I Manual Bylaw 19.9.3 (2016-17)]
(1) A pattern of noncompliance within the sport program(s) involved. [NCAA Bylaw 19.9.3-(k)
(2016-17)]
The violations detailed in Allegations Nos. 5 through 10, 12 through 14, 16, 17-a, 17-b and 20
involved Freeze and/or football personnel who reported to Freeze and occurred over a three-year
period, including during the NCAA enforcement staff’s investigation. Additionally, the alleged
violations involved failures by Freeze to promote an atmosphere of compliance within the football
program and monitor the activities of his staff.
b. Mitigating factor(s). [NCAA Division I Manual Bylaw 19.9.4 (2016-17)]
The enforcement staff has not identified any mitigating factors applicable to Freeze.

Mimi's Babies
06-06-2017, 07:28 PM
https://www.scribd.com/document/350452600/2017-Notice-of-Allegations-Redacted#fullscreen&from_embed

GO to the bottom of the front page.... there is other links to click on.....
there are at least 4 different sections...

2017 NOA (30 pages)
2017 OM answers the NOA (125 pages)
2016 NOA
2016 OM answers the NOA

Dawgowar
06-06-2017, 07:49 PM
This is lethal. No point pontificating over it. Volume of offenses, multiple staffs acknowledged, massive amounts of boosters, and overwhelming evidence. One more time - per the head of the enforcement investigators they only present slam-dunk solid charges.

UNM is done.

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 07:49 PM
My point it you can read them both all at once if you read the response. And no, doesn't have a damn thing to do with whether or not you believe them or not.

I'm not reading 125 pages of what UM has to say. I'll look for the Cliff Notes version here and a few other places.

Bass Chaser
06-06-2017, 07:53 PM
46 Student Athletes
14 Boosters
12 family members

Not all of those individuals are listed in the NOA, but it means they talked to a shit ton of people.

(1) A pattern of noncompliance within the sport program(s) involved. [NCAA Bylaw 19.9.3-(k)
(2016-17)]
The violations detailed in Allegations Nos. 5 through 10, 12 through 14, 16, 17-a, 17-b and 20
involved Freeze and/or football personnel who reported to Freeze and occurred over a three-year
period, including during the NCAA enforcement staff’s investigation. Additionally, the alleged
violations involved failures by Freeze to promote an atmosphere of compliance within the football
The enforcement staff has not identified any mitigating factors applicable to Freeze.

You forgot the at least 11 different institutions.

FISHDAWG
06-06-2017, 08:01 PM
I kinda like the part "including during the investigation"

Chip
06-06-2017, 08:28 PM
I feel pretty comfortable with my prediction of 100% for a Freeze show cause a few days ago.

yjnkdawg
06-06-2017, 08:34 PM
I kinda like the part "including during the investigation"

THIS and The enforcement staff has not identified any mitigating factors applicable to Freeze

DancingRabbit
06-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Good post. Haven't had a chance to read any of today's release. That excerpt is pretty damning. Had to bold a little more stuff.

46 Student Athletes
14 Boosters
12 family members

(2016-17)]
period, including during the NCAA enforcement staff?s investigation. Additionally, the alleged

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Pretty strong post on TOB

"This is one of many contradictions and hypocrisies in the response.

1. We admit that we committed significant violations, including during the investigation, and yet, we've demonstrated exemplary cooperation.
2. We admit that boosters and Barney went rogue and no compliance program would have detected their actions, and yet, we strictly adhere to the four pillars of compliance.
3. We admit that an assistant coach arranged for improper contact and inducements between a booster and #39, and yet, we dispute the claims of #39 and accuse him and his head coach of trying to make us look bad.
4. We openly admit to at least six of these level one violations, and yet, we believe that self-imposed sanctions rise to the level of appropriate penalties for them.
5. We dispute the failure to monitor charge in its entirety, and yet, we failed to monitor usage of loaner cars for more than one student athlete, and on multiple occasions.
6. We dispute the lack of institutional control charge in its entirety, and yet, we do not dispute many level one violations that were committed over a 4 year period.

And there's more...

It's astounding to me that they think they can throw Barney under the bus, call LL a liar, and blame big bad Dan Mullen for all of it - and think the COI is going to have mercy on them.

They even ADMIT in there that Freeze had impermissable contact with LL, even if it wasn't as egregious as the NCAA alleges - but their mouthpieces continue to say that Freeze wasn't specifically mentioned in the NOA.

It's right there in black and white - the NCAA investigators recommend a multiple year show cause for Freeze. They ain't coming back from that. LOIC - they ain't coming back from that either."

Commercecomet24
06-06-2017, 09:45 PM
46 Student Athletes
14 Boosters
12 family members

(2016-17)]

Great job of condensing this for us! Thanks you! The bears are screwed!

WSOPdawg
06-06-2017, 10:48 PM
Pretty strong post on TOB

"This is one of many contradictions and hypocrisies in the response.

1. We admit that we committed significant violations, including during the investigation, and yet, we've demonstrated exemplary cooperation.
2. We admit that boosters and Barney went rogue and no compliance program would have detected their actions, and yet, we strictly adhere to the four pillars of compliance.
3. We admit that an assistant coach arranged for improper contact and inducements between a booster and #39, and yet, we dispute the claims of #39 and accuse him and his head coach of trying to make us look bad.
4. We openly admit to at least six of these level one violations, and yet, we believe that self-imposed sanctions rise to the level of appropriate penalties for them.
5. We dispute the failure to monitor charge in its entirety, and yet, we failed to monitor usage of loaner cars for more than one student athlete, and on multiple occasions.
6. We dispute the lack of institutional control charge in its entirety, and yet, we do not dispute many level one violations that were committed over a 4 year period.

And there's more...

It's astounding to me that they think they can throw Barney under the bus, call LL a liar, and blame big bad Dan Mullen for all of it - and think the COI is going to have mercy on them.

They even ADMIT in there that Freeze had impermissable contact with LL, even if it wasn't as egregious as the NCAA alleges - but their mouthpieces continue to say that Freeze wasn't specifically mentioned in the NOA.

It's right there in black and white - the NCAA investigators recommend a multiple year show cause for Freeze. They ain't coming back from that. LOIC - they ain't coming back from that either."

It's all big, but this opening salvo is BIG!!! Just how stupid and arrogant can they be to admit we were still cheating while the investigation was ongoing, and apparently cheating a lot?

Mimi's Babies
06-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Have I missed some pages.... There is NOTHING listed after January 31, 2016....
What Gives????
Another NOA?????
Lots of recruiting violations after Feb 1, 2016..... to last day of school 2017...