PDA

View Full Version : IT's HERE

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 02:02 PM
http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

-Scooba
Mirror link on Scout http://img.scout.com/sites/default/files/2017/06/06/350437921-2017-University-of-Mississippi-Response-to-NOA-Redacted_1.pdf

confucius say
06-06-2017, 02:04 PM
No third parties named

Spiderman
06-06-2017, 02:08 PM
http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/

Has the server crashed yet?

Pollodawg
Can't even read it. Lol

Indndawg
Link is dead

TrapGame
Error 503

Pollodawg
Looks like it did.

Spiderman
06-06-2017, 02:09 PM
No third parties named

as I said, they lied to Rosie.

Spiderman
06-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Looks like it did.

Haha... really? another prediction come true.

2 for 2 in the space of 1 minute

JoseBrown
I notice they release it as soon as their main spinner Finebaum gets on the air....

https://www.scribd.com/document/350437921/2017-University-of-Mississippi-Response-to-NOA-Redacted

lefty96
06-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Quick, everyone help get that bus off of barney!

Based upon credible, corroborated witness testimony and other objective evidence, the University has concluded that former off-field staff member Barney Farrar committed significant violations during his recruitment of [Student-Athlete 39] (Allegations Nos. 14(a)-(d) and (h)-(i), 16(a), 17), intentionally hid this
misconduct from the University?s compliance staff
and his head coach, and used multiple intermediaries in his scheme.
In doing so, Farrar acted contrary to the rules education provided to him by the University (and by other institutions throughout his decades as a Division I football staff member and coach).

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 02:16 PM
This thing is a complete shit burger full of lies & attempts to shed responsibility.

The NCAA is about to fire bomb OM. This entire response is a fraud full of excuses that the NCAA will laugh at.

Really Clark?
06-06-2017, 02:16 PM
No third parties named

They actually were going to "Please note: the university intended to release the Notice and Response with only the names and other personally identifiable information of student-athletes redacted. However, due to a case pending before the Mississippi Ethics Commission, the names of third parties have also been redacted. The university will revisit the disclosure of involved third parties after we receive more direction from the Ethics Commission."

TrapGame
06-06-2017, 02:17 PM
University has concluded that former off-field staff member Barney Farrar committed significant violations during his recruitment of [Student-Athlete 39] (Allegations Nos. 14(a)-(d) and (h)-(i), 16(a), 17), intentionally hid this
misconduct from the University’s compliance staff and his head coach, and used multiple intermediaries in his scheme.

In doing so, Farrar acted contrary to the rules education provided to him by the University (and by other institutions throughout his decades as a Division I football staff member and coach). Farrar
purposefully and actively circumvented the University’s monitoring systems and disregarded his head coach’s
repeated directives.

I see why Barney is fighting this shit now. It's all his fault and Freeze told him repeatedly to cease his activities. Such bull shit.

Really Clark?
06-06-2017, 02:18 PM
as I said, they lied to Rosie.

No. The Motion to Intervene tied their hands without the Ethics Commission ready to give direction and rule on "John Doe" booster

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Look at this bullshit. They say this while it's common knowledge that Freeze was calling boosters & running the Network first hand. What a complete fraud.

Again, they are about to be fire bombed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBqR3UnVoAAWgR1.jpg:large

lefty96
06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
This thing is a complete shit burger full of lies & attempts to shed responsibility.

The NCAA is about to fire bomb OM. This entire response is a fraud full of excuses that the NCAA will laugh at.

I zoned out after the Farrar stuff. Coulda just shortened it down to like a paragraph saying "we didn't do anything wrong"

pdawg10msu
06-06-2017, 02:19 PM
http://img.scout.com/sites/default/files/2017/06/06/350437921-2017-University-of-Mississippi-Response-to-NOA-Redacted_1.pdf

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 02:20 PM
They actually were going to "Please note: the university intended to release the Notice and Response with only the names and other personally identifiable information of student-athletes redacted. However, due to a case pending before the Mississippi Ethics Commission, the names of third parties have also been redacted. The university will revisit the disclosure of involved third parties after we receive more direction from the Ethics Commission."

Haha

Figures. So self serving. Just delay, delay, delay.

The lack of accountability they are showing is doing to destroy them in the eyes of the NCAA. They are trying to hard to make excuses & delay that they are missing the bigger point.

Dallas_Dawg
06-06-2017, 02:20 PM
So basically, This IT ain't shit.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Hey Barney..... ready to throw Freeze under the bus now?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBqRBoqVoAAViMM.jpg

mparkerfd20
I laugh at just how bad their excuses are. The NCAA will do the same.

ShotgunDawg

Yeah, these are just bullshit excuses. They are delaying, delaying, delaying. It'll all come out in the wash

lefty96
I see why Barney is fighting this shit now. It's all his fault and Freeze told him repeatedly to cease his activities. Such bull shit.

Hell, that wasn't even all of it - here's the rest:

Farrar, purposefully and actively circumvented the University’s monitoring systems and disregarded his head coach’s repeated directives. Farrar then follows this misconduct with incomplete and misleading testimony during his December 2016 interview. Because of his actions, Farrar’s employment duties with the University ended December 8, 2016.

Dawgface
06-06-2017, 02:25 PM

Correct.

Pollodawg
06-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Wait. Wait. They say that Freeze isn't responsible, yet he supposedly told Farrah over and over to stop cheating. Farrah didn't and was finally terminated when the NCCA forced OM's hand. How is Freeze not responsible if he didn't fire Barney on the first infraction?

Pollodawg
06-06-2017, 02:26 PM
He let that happen WITH full knowledge. Their response says as much.

preachermatt83
06-06-2017, 02:28 PM
One of OM biggest cheerleaders, Barrett sallee tweeting that OM is throwing Barney under the bus.

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 02:28 PM

As expected.

Dawgology
06-06-2017, 02:29 PM
I told you all that the motion was filed so an excuse could be made to keep the names redacted. They lied to Rosie and they lied to the MS Ethics Commission. It's ridiculous. They are a very corrupt organization. On top of that they haven't released the new NOA right?

Dawgology
06-06-2017, 02:30 PM
He let that happen WITH full knowledge. Their response says as much.

This. Exactly.

spbdawg
06-06-2017, 02:31 PM
#

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 02:32 PM
So did they release even a redacted version of the NOA?

Reason2succeed
06-06-2017, 02:33 PM
sh!tbirds gonna sh!tbird

TrapGame
06-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Hell, that wasn't even all of it - here's the rest:

Farrar, purposefully and actively circumvented the University’s monitoring systems and disregarded his head coach’s repeated directives. Farrar then follows this misconduct with incomplete and misleading testimony during his December 2016 interview. Because of his actions, Farrar’s employment duties with the University ended December 8, 2016.

So there is no Network just a rogue coach named Farrar who gave the finger to Freeze on multiple occasions about his recruiting tactics.

This is such BS. They deserve the death penalty just for this response.

csdawg13
06-06-2017, 02:38 PM
So did they release even a redacted version of the NOA?

I think this is it, but I'm still reading through to see if it's different than the 2016 one: http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/2017-notice-of-allegations/

yeah, that's it.

Involved party [Hugh Freeze (Freeze), head football coach]:

a. Aggravating factor(s).

[NCAA Division I Manual Bylaw 19.9.3 (2016-17)] (1) A pattern of noncompliance within the sport program(s) involved. [NCAA Bylaw 19.9.3-(k) (2016-17)] The violations detailed in Allegations Nos. 5 through 10, 12 through 14, 16, 17-a, 17-b and 20 involved Freeze and/or football personnel who reported to Freeze and occurred over a three-year period, including during the NCAA enforcement staff’s investigation. Additionally, the alleged violations involved failures by Freeze to promote an atmosphere of compliance within the football program and monitor the activities of his staff.

b. Mitigating factor(s).

[NCAA Division I Manual Bylaw 19.9.4 (2016-17)] The enforcement staff has not identified any mitigating factors applicable to Freeze.

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Wait. Wait. They say that Freeze isn't responsible, yet he supposedly told Farrah over and over to stop cheating. Farrah didn't and was finally terminated when the NCCA forced OM's hand. How is Freeze not responsible if he didn't fire Barney on the first infraction?

It doesn't matter. Freeze is responsible for the actions of his coaches under the new rules. This is the test case. I do agree though. They are basically saying Freeze told him not to over and over, yet did nothing. By by Hugh.

Saltydog
06-06-2017, 02:50 PM
fall if I had to guess.

tireddawg
06-06-2017, 02:52 PM
fall if I had to guess.

Why did he hire an attorney?

LC Dawg
06-06-2017, 02:58 PM
So there is no Network just a rogue coach named Farrar who gave the finger to Freeze on multiple occasions about his recruiting tactics.

That's exactly what they've said with this document. I can't believe they've put this out for people to read - much less go before the NCAA with it.
Farrar is going to burn Oxford to the ground or retire with a tobacco settlement size pile of money.

csdawg13
06-06-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm only on allegation 5 of the 2017 NoA, but [Booster 2] seems to do a lot of notifying of M. Harris and Freeze about the ways he's helping them recruit...

Liverpooldawg
06-06-2017, 03:04 PM
I think this is it, but I'm still reading through to see if it's different than the 2016 one: http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/2017-notice-of-allegations/

yeah, that's it.
Yep. Show cause if that sticks. If it doesn't then it's the Wild West.

ILOATHEBears
06-06-2017, 03:08 PM
It doesn't matter. Freeze is responsible for the actions of his coaches under the new rules. This is the test case. I do agree though. They are basically saying Freeze told him not to over and over, yet did nothing. By by Hugh.

I see a familiar pattern. This is how they handled the loaner cars. Don't do it, don't do it ok don't let me see u do it

Really Clark?
06-06-2017, 03:14 PM
The funny part is they went all the way up to self imposing 13 scholarship reductions. ULL lost 11 on ONE Level 1 mitigated infraction.

fader2103
06-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Just think, some people made big bucks putting this together!

Jack Lambert
06-06-2017, 03:19 PM
I admit that I am a lazy SOB and I do not want to read so what is the skinny in it?

06-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Here are the boosters:

As part of his ministry, including his work with several faith-based schools, [Booster 1] routinely arranged free housing with host families for at-risk students seeking educational opportunities. Several of these out-of-area students (including athletes and non-athletes) were allowed to stay at [Booster 1’s] home.

Booster 2 is the driver, a "huddle leader" with FCA at the prospects school, and also attended an in-home with Freeze.
On December 3, 2012, [Booster 2] attended an in-home recruiting visit by M. Harris and Freeze that occurred at [Student-Athlete 5's] residence. Additionally, [Booster 2] notified M. Harris in advance of the visit that he would be attending the visit, and both he and Freeze interacted with [Booster 2] during the visit.

[Booster 3], a then representative of the institution's athletics interests, provided impermissible extra benefits in the form of complimentary vehicle use to then football student-athlete
the University has disassociated [Booster 3] and its owner, [Booster 4]

--Tunsil--
[Booster 5], a then representative of the institution's athletics interests, provided an impermissible extra benefit in the form of $800 cash to [Family Member 1], then stepfather of then football student-athlete [Student-Athlete 1]
the University has disassociated [Booster 5]

--Booster 6 is the hotel guy--
[Booster 6], a then representative of the institution's athletics interests, provided impermissible extra benefits in the form of 12 nights' free lodging in Oxford, Mississippi
The University has accordingly disassociated [Booster 6]

[Booster 7's] hunting land

[Booster 8] is a retailer located in Oxford, Mississippi, that specializes in selling merchandise associated with the institution.
[Booster 9], a representative of the institution’s athletics interests, is the founder and president of the business.

[Booster 10], a representative of the institution's athletics interests, provided between $200 and $600 in impermissible recruiting inducements in the form of cash payments and free food and drinks to then football prospective student-athlete [Student-Athlete 39] and [Student-Athlete 39’s] friends and family. Specifically, on two or three occasions in conjunction with recruiting visits to the institution, [Booster 10] provided [Student-Athlete 39] with cash payments of between $100 and $200, as well as provided free food and drinks to [Student-Athlete 39], his friends and family.

[Booster 11], an Oxford-area restaurant and bar, on more than one occasion and that [Booster 10], the owner of [Booster 11], had in-person and telephone contact with [Student-Athlete 39]. Although the record is not clear on who provided what, the University also believes that [Student-Athlete 39] and his friends likely received free food and drinks at [Booster 11] on at least one occasion

[Booster 12], [Booster 14’s] employee
Farrar undertook to systematically undermine the University’s monitoring efforts, including using a third party [Booster 13] to perform many of the prohibited actions
[Booster 14] provided [Student-Athlete 39] with cash payments of between $500 and $800 using [Booster 12] as the courier for the payments.
[Booster 14], a representative of the institution's athletics interests, assisted the institution in its recruitment of then football prospective student-athlete [Student-Athlete 39] by engaging in recruiting activities that promoted the institution's football program. [Booster 14's] activities included engaging in impermissible recruiting contact and communication with [Student-Athlete 39] and providing him with between $13,000 and $15,600 in impermissible cash payments.
The University has accordingly disassociated [Booster 13] and [Booster 12]
the University has dissociated both [Booster 14] and [Booster 12]

csdawg13
06-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Yep. Show cause if that sticks. If it doesn't then it's the Wild West.

It'll be really hard to squeeze out of that one

20.a

Lastly, Freeze at times knew of and witnessed these activities but failed to consult the athletics compliance office regarding whether the activities were permissible.

20.c

Freeze was aware that [Student- Athlete 49] would be taken hunting during his official paid visit

20.d

Further, these individuals were visible throughout [Student-Athlete 1's] visit and Kiffin and Freeze interacted with them multiple times.

20.g

Freeze made an impermissible, in-person recruiting contact of [Student-Athlete 39] during his junior year of high school, which is a well-known violation of NCAA legislation...
Additionally, Freeze should have immediately reported the matter to the athletics compliance office; however, he failed to take any of these steps.

20.i

Additionally, Freeze (1) acknowledged that he suspected [Student-Athlete 39] was seeking impermissible inducements as a condition of his recruitment and (2) had reason to know at the time that Farrar was involving [Booster 13], a representative of the institution's athletics interests, in [Student-Athlete 39’s] recruitment as [Booster 13] was frequently present at football facilities and football-related activities surrounding [Student-Athlete 39’s] recruiting visits.

The enforcement staff believes a hearing panel could enter a show-cause order pursuant to Bylaw 19.9.5.4 regarding Freeze's involvement in Allegation No. 20.

Jack Lambert
06-06-2017, 03:21 PM

Why didn't Freeze inform the SEC about Farrah cheating? That's what you do when you find out it is going on.

Jack Lambert
06-06-2017, 03:22 PM
I told you all that the motion was filed so an excuse could be made to keep the names redacted. They lied to Rosie and they lied to the MS Ethics Commission. It's ridiculous. They are a very corrupt organization. On top of that they haven't released the new NOA right?

Just look at their lawyers and judges that went to jail for bribes.

Political Hack
06-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Student athlete 39... booster 14... how many damn people were involved? Holy God.

A Golson is the one they took hunting. Or at least one of them they took hunting. The rabbit hole never ends.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 03:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBqbtE2VwAAuJ9-.jpg:large

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 03:43 PM
From Dan Wolken
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBqk9rPVwAAav__.jpg:large

fader2103
06-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Does that imply that Farrar's attorney is a TSUN booster?

Dawgology
06-06-2017, 03:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBqbtE2VwAAuJ9-.jpg:large

HOLY SHIT!!!! The urban myth is true. It's like seeing the Lock Ness Monster.

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 04:02 PM

https://68.media.tumblr.com/dc2acffbea837dc5277bb1b469aafbb7/tumblr_ngr5vefLfU1tgg4b1o1_500.gif

yjnkdawg
06-06-2017, 04:05 PM
So Farrar was the mastermind behind all this? LOL So Freeze warned him about this but he felt that OM compliance could handle it soooo no use to contact the NCAA. If Freeze doesn't get a show cause on this then they need to disband the NCAA, and let it be the wild wild west in college recruitng.

RocketDawg
06-06-2017, 04:12 PM
No. The Motion to Intervene tied their hands without the Ethics Commission ready to give direction and rule on "John Doe" booster

Yes, but they (OM) were probably complicit in getting the booster to file the Motion so they could use it as a delaying tactic.

GreenheadDawg
06-06-2017, 04:12 PM
So Farrar was the mastermind behind all this? LOL Freeze was that Aw Shucks I told him we don't do things like this at OM, but I not going to tell the NCAA because I'm not that type of person. BS.........I hope OM has enjoyed paying a lot of money to big time attorneys,. before they get hit with major NCAA sanctions.

They are gonna ride the "aw shucks" excuse to their grave.

yjnkdawg
06-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Why didn't Freeze inform the SEC about Farrah cheating? That's what you do when you find out it is going on.

Sounds like somebody (HC Coach 1) didn't want it to stop.. Until somebody's hand was caught in the cookie jar.

msbulldog
06-06-2017, 04:29 PM
I bet ole Barney is loving his part and I bet he has filled the NCAA ears up, complete with documentation.

RocketDawg
06-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Does that imply that Farrar's attorney is a TSUN booster?

No, it doesn't imply it; it comes out and states it as a fact. But it's not necessarily the same Houston attorney that he currently has.

RocketDawg
06-06-2017, 04:34 PM

Apparently Leo reads ED for his terminology source. :)

csdawg13
06-06-2017, 04:35 PM
funny quote from the response:

HF: Please make sure we are handling things the right way
BF: Coach we are handling things the right way.
HF: Thank you.

RocketDawg
06-06-2017, 04:36 PM
So Farrar was the mastermind behind all this? LOL So Freeze warned him about this but he felt that OM compliance could handle it soooo no use to contact the NCAA. If Freeze doesn't get a show cause on this then they need to disband the NCAA, and let it be the wild wild west in college recruitng.

Apparently Barney is a fripping genius to have coordinated all these shenanigans single-handedly. He just doesn't come across as being that smart ....

csdawg13
06-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Salt in the wound:

Provide...
- A statement indicating whether the provisions of NCAA Bylaws 31.2.2.3 and 31.2.2.4 apply to the institution as a
result of the involvement of student-athletes in violations noted in this inquiry.

None of the student-athletes involved in the violations addressed in the Notice and this response
participated in NCAA championship events during the time period associated with the case

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-06-2017, 04:45 PM
So is the ole miss defense bascically that they're pleading ignorance?

ShotgunDawg
06-06-2017, 04:47 PM
So is the ole miss defense bascically that they're pleading ignorance?

Essentially, YES

Really Clark?
06-06-2017, 05:05 PM
I guess one of the things I'm really finding hard to grasp that do they think the COI will actually agree with their pettiness and all but naming a student athlete with the inclusion of a picture of the "Joker" tweet that LL made? trying to make it out that it was a vendetta by LL that he told what he knew to investigators. That an actual attorney would think that was a good response to the most numerous major infractions in history.

turkish
06-06-2017, 06:46 PM
Question, with this second NOA now published, did the hostage video contain all the new allegations? I assumed at the time that they were leaving things out. Were they?

Pollodawg
06-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Yeah, the NCAA is totally gonna say: "So, Hugh, you knew Farrar for years and worked closely with him, yet knew nothing about any of this? Sure. Why not."