PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody Else Experiencing Any Issue(s) With WatchEspn Broadcasts?

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 11:47 AM
I now have Uverse with Fiber to the Home, and a download speed of normally 120 mbps, but for the last month or so, it has buffered and frozen up on Watch Espn. It seems like after they made the format change, it is more like when I had ATT DSL and a download speed of 1 mbps. Last night on the USA game, the video was poor quality off and on and it buffered so much and semi froze up that it made it difficult to watch. I wonder if this is due to so many people streaming the site, or a just an internet provider issue?

BeardoMSU
06-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Yes, mine does the same shit. It's frustrating as hell.

smootness
06-05-2017, 11:51 AM
I have xfinity, and it's mostly been fine.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I have xfinity, and it's mostly been fine.

Thanks...Could be a Uverse internet issue then?

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2017, 12:00 PM
No problem with my Uverse

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Yes, mine does the same shit. It's frustrating as hell.

A ball count of 2 and 2 with men on base and then the picture freezes and when it appears we are in commercial break.... Yep very frustrating.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 12:04 PM
No problem with my Uverse

Thanks Scooba. I'm using Chrome, since Firefox won't work. I will probably call ESPN if it continues.

ScoobaDawg
06-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Thanks Scooba. I'm using Chrome, since Firefox won't work. I will probably call ESPN if it continues.

Don't call espn. that won't have anything to do with it and won't get you anywhere.
If anything try it on another device at your house.. see if it's your computer or the internet connection.

msbulldog
06-05-2017, 12:26 PM
I have xfinity and roku on the TV, mine went in and out of focus and buffered some all last night.

NCDawg
06-05-2017, 01:17 PM
I have Uverse also. Mine would come on, play great a little while, then freeze up, buffer, and then come back on to play for a while longer. It kept doing this throughout the ball game.

MadDawg
06-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Same issues here and I have Uverse as well.

msstatelp1
06-05-2017, 01:22 PM
I've had the same issue with xfinity. I'm in Desoto County near Memphis

RocketDawg
06-05-2017, 01:27 PM
I'm just watching on my computer since my Roku needs re-authenticating and I don't want to fool with it right now ... but so far WatchESPN has been fine, except for just a few seconds last night when it buffered. Turned it on at 1 today and it had no trouble telling me we were in a weather delay.

Hypnodawg
06-05-2017, 01:34 PM
1GB up/down AT&T fiber. I had derezzing and loading issues last night. Had been rock solid the last two days. I bought a new router and have a Roku and gen 2 Chromocast. Same issues with both devices. No idea what causes the ESPN issues.

Reunion Dog
06-05-2017, 03:12 PM
it's a piece of shit app. stopped working on my ipad 2. Chrome Home and other tv apps woudl work... just not watch espn or sec network +

unplugged Chromecast from HDMI slot then turned off direct tv... plugged back in the chromecast into the same HDMI slot with NO DIRECT TV machine on and it worked... seems someone is trying to c*@kblock someone since they are not using apple tv.

Political Hack
06-05-2017, 03:19 PM
It wouldn't load new games for me on an airplane last night even though I paid for the wifi.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 03:22 PM
it's a piece of shit app. stopped working on my ipad 2. Chrome Home and other tv apps woudl work... just not watch espn or sec network +

unplugged Chromecast from HDMI slot then turned off direct tv... plugged back in the chromecast into the same HDMI slot with NO DIRECT TV machine on and it worked... seems someone is trying to c*@kblock someone since they are not using apple tv.

I think I might try IE for the next game broadcast. I haven't tried IE yet. If that works then Chrome would be the culprit. I never have liked Chrome and it's a hog on collecting internet cache data.

Reunion Dog
06-05-2017, 03:27 PM
I think I might try IE for the next game broadcast. I haven't tried IE yet. If that works then Chrome would be the culprit. I never have liked Chrome and it's a hog on collecting internet cache data.

that's an idea i haven't thought about.... IE is slow on my new HP I5 itel computer. Roku must be much better.... have heard nothing but good things. u can get a 55 " 4k Hitachi 4k at Sam's for $500... and the new Sharp 4k looks good for a mid price tv....

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 03:35 PM
that's an idea i haven't thought about.... IE is slow on my new HP I5 itel computer. Roku must be much better.... have heard nothing but good things. u can get a 55 " 4k Hitachi 4k at Sam's for $500... and the new Sharp 4k looks good for a mid price tv....

IE was slow when I had AT&T DSL, but eveything was slow lol....... Several years ago when I was having issues on logging in, the ESPN CSR told me that WatchEspn was not comptatable with Firefox, or anyway you could have issues with it. That's why I started (and she suggested) using Chrome. Good prices on the tv.

Reunion Dog
06-05-2017, 03:57 PM
I now have Uverse with Fiber to the Home, and a download speed of normally 120 mbps, but for the last month or so, it has buffered and frozen up on Watch Espn. It seems like after they made the format change, it is more like when I had ATT DSL and a download speed of 1 mbps. Last night on the USA game, the video was poor quality off and on and it buffered so much and semi froze up that it made it difficult to watch. I wonder if this is due to so many people streaming the site, or a just an internet provider issue?

how to you like the fiber to the house? have you seen the c spire model? just wondering what might be better... they say c spire is faster... have it available at house.. but still using uvesre but don't have gigabit yet? thank in advance

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 04:11 PM
how to you like the fiber to the house? have you seen the c spire model? just wondering what might be better... they say c spire is faster... have it available at house.. but still using uvesre but don't have gigabit yet? thank in advance

I like the fiber to the home. I was wondering how the video quality would compare with Directv. After a few adjustments, like reducing sharpness, color and contrast, I actually think Uverse has the best picture. I got the Uverse package with the U300, the internet 100 mbps ( actually average around 118 t0 124), and the home phone service. I signed a one year contract but still get the promotion price for a two year period. Cspire was looking at our neighborhood and right after that AT&T Uverse Fiber to the Home appeared lol.

gtowndawg
06-05-2017, 04:43 PM
I use the watch ESPN app thru Amazon Fire (Uverse internet) and I saw the first two pitches, it froze and I never got it back.

sleepy dawg
06-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Mine has been terrible. I have to refresh browser about once per inning. I also have Uverse.

baddmann
06-05-2017, 08:30 PM
I use the app on my phone (Nexus 6P) and then cast it Chromecast on my TV. Tonight is working fine. Friday night it was horrible.

Also, just recently it refuses to work on LTE. If I switch to WIFI, it works fine. I can even get it started and turn wifi off and it keeps working. I think it's just a crappy app.

Maroon Wizardry
06-05-2017, 08:44 PM
i'm watching espn3 on slingtv with Uverse internet on XBOX1... it doesn't freeze but the picture goes from great to blurry. frustrating. i think it is an issue with the app.

yjnkdawg
06-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Mine buffered a little bit for about the first few innings against USM this afternoon, but nothing where you couldn't watch the game. About the 8th inning the screen froze and I had to log out of Uverse and refresh. That helped some, but it was still a lot of buffering and difficult to watch. I'm on a laptop and logging in on the watchespn website, so I don't know?