PDA

View Full Version : McE and Florida may have their qb

msstate7
06-04-2017, 02:10 PM
Zaire from ND transferring in. If McE uses him zone reading with Scarlett, Florida could be finally be a decent offensive team. Congrats, random

BuckyIsAB****
06-04-2017, 03:55 PM
He was trash at ND

TUSK
06-04-2017, 04:25 PM
I dunno how good he is... He had one good game vs a shitty Texas team in '15, but has very little experience of which to speak...

he may end up being legit, but it might also be an indictment of UF's QB talent pool....

If Mac/Zaire can beat UGA, I believe they will be the SECE's sacrificial lamb in the 2017 SECCG....

msstate7
06-04-2017, 04:30 PM
I dunno how good he is... He had one good game vs a shitty Texas team in '15, but has very little experience of which to speak...

he may end up being legit, but it might also be an indictment of UF's QB talent pool....

If Mac/Zaire can beat UGA, I believe they will be the SECE's sacrificial lamb in the 2017 SECCG....
Zaire destroyed lsu in music city bowl also.

Zaire isn't great, but have you seen Florida's QBs? Zaire is an upgrade.

Goldendawg
06-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Grad transfers are the nature of the beast (except for us), but I would be unhappy if I had been heavily recruited, worked hard to be first string in the program and they brought in a "free agent". I don't see how this will not start causing problems in some programs.

Reason2succeed
06-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Florida having to bring in a grad transfer is not a good thing. If Zaire was any good he wouldn't be leaving ND. I predict this is the beginning of the end for McElwain. His offense hasn't translated to SEC play.

Token Bammer
06-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Florida having to bring in a grad transfer is not a good thing. If Zaire was any good he wouldn't be leaving ND. I predict this is the beginning of the end for McElwain. His offense hasn't translated to SEC play.

I agree. I love me some Coach Mac, and i think he's a heck of an offensive mind, but he better hit the recruiting trail and find himself a quarterback or he's going to be looking for another job. Getting your butt kicked in the SECCG every year won't keep the bull gators happy for long.

TUSK
06-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Zaire destroyed lsu in music city bowl also.

Zaire isn't great, but have you seen Florida's QBs? Zaire is an upgrade.

While I agree he is an upgrade, "destroyed" is a bit strong, IMO... but, your point is well taken...

fader2103
06-04-2017, 06:13 PM
I do like Coach Mac also. I think a Good Florida team is good for the SEC. I always liked the Gators except when they play us. Only SEC team I can tolerate.

Quaoarsking
06-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Wasn't good enough to start for a 4-8 Notre Dame team.
Doubt he'll be a top 10 SEC QB this fall.

Jack Lambert
06-04-2017, 06:18 PM
If I was A Florida fan I would be piss. What's the deal with Florida and QB's? They have top 10 classes every year and why they can't get a QB? When it comes to coaching over all the SEC sux. Sure one really good one and one OK one. That's the bottom line.

fader2103
06-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Cause they don't have Dan Mullen anymore

Jack Lambert
06-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Isn't there some issues with Florida and the SEC that has to be resolved? Didn't they take some transfers and they were not academically eligible or something like that? He's not in yet.

msstate7
06-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Wasn't good enough to start for a 4-8 Notre Dame team.
Doubt he'll be a top 10 SEC QB this fall.

To be fair, Kizer (ND starter) was drafted. There were 2 sec QBs drafted this year and both were after kizer

archdog
06-04-2017, 06:28 PM
If I was A Florida fan I would be piss. What's the deal with Florida and QB's? They have top 10 classes every year and why they can't get a QB? When it comes to coaching over all the SEC sux. Sure one really good one and one OK one. That's the bottom line.
They had one, too bad he liked steroids.

msstate7
06-04-2017, 06:29 PM
They had one, too bad he liked steroids.

McE ran him off or he'd be back this season

Bass Chaser
06-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Where is Franks?

lamont
06-05-2017, 12:46 AM
Its like you guys dont even watch football sometime.

Fla has 2 talented QB's on their roster. Problem is that they havent played any college snaps. Getting an experienced transfer is a no-brainer and is not an indictment of Franks. Florida is going to win 9-10 games and play Georgia for the right to decide the East

It's hilarious that a fanbase that applauded the Stansbury SEC West basketball titles are saying those are the end of the road for McElwain. He's won 2 East titles in spite of losing his starting QB both years. Thats pretty damn good coaching

TUSK
06-05-2017, 01:55 AM

Fla has 2 talented QB's on their roster. Problem is that they havent played any college snaps. Getting an experienced transfer is a no-brainer and is not an indictment of Franks. Florida is going to win 9-10 games and play Georgia for the right to decide the East

It's hilarious that a fanbase that applauded the Stansbury SEC West basketball titles are saying those are the end of the road for McElwain. He's won 2 East titles in spite of losing his starting QB both years. Thats pretty damn good coaching

I can buy this... I don't think their schedule is quite as sweet as UGA's, but it's pretty favorable...

CockTail party decides the East... UT and Butch may be screwed...

Reason2succeed
06-05-2017, 03:10 AM

No, it's that I do WATCH football. And what my eyes tell me and every gator fans is that the UF offense has not been right since Urban Meyer retired for health reasons. Yes, they won the east last year and yes they are favored to win it again this year but that is because the east absolutely sucks and Georgia keeps wetting the bed.

Gator fans are not impressed with East titles anymore when they know they have no shot at challenging Alabama for the SEC Crown. They were not even in consideration for CFP.

You claim they have good options at QB on the roster but if these guys are any good then why aren't they playing now? Zaire is not the second coming of Russell Wilson. No where close.

Having to bring in grad transfers is an indication that something went wrong in recruiting. I'm pretty sure you have probably said that about our coach at some point in time.

lamont
06-05-2017, 06:55 AM
No, it's that I do WATCH football. And what my eyes tell me and every gator fans is that the UF offense has not been right since Urban Meyer retired for health reasons. Yes, they won the east last year and yes they are favored to win it again this year but that is because the east absolutely sucks and Georgia keeps wetting the bed.

Gator fans are not impressed with East titles anymore when they know they have no shot at challenging Alabama for the SEC Crown. They were not even in consideration for CFP.

You claim they have good options at QB on the roster but if these guys are any good then why aren't they playing now? Zaire is not the second coming of Russell Wilson. No where close.

Having to bring in grad transfers is an indication that something went wrong in recruiting. I'm pretty sure you have probably said that about our coach at some point in time.

Urban Meyer had QB problems and went 7-5. McElwain has 2 East titles with QB problems.

Franks is going to be a good QB- bringing in a grad transfer doesnt mean Franks wont start- its insurance. Saban won a natty with a grad transfer just a couple of years ago.

msstate7
06-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Urban Meyer had QB problems and went 7-5. McElwain has 2 East titles with QB problems.

Franks is going to be a good QB- bringing in a grad transfer doesnt mean Franks wont start- its insurance. Saban won a natty with a grad transfer just a couple of years ago.

So, McE > urban? Lol

Token Bammer
06-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Gators are not satisfied with subpar quarterback play, eastern division "titles", and getting hammered in SECCGs. Come watch football with me sometime. I could use some lessons.

TUSK
06-05-2017, 12:38 PM
So, McE > urban? Lol

ISWYDT

smootness
06-05-2017, 12:44 PM
The fact that the SEC eased their penalties for having grad transfers not complete their academic requirements solely to appease Florida is a joke.

Also a joke: 34 saying it's funny that those who defended Stans over West titles also say McE winning the East is the end of the road, then turning around and praising McE for those East titles after saying for years that Stans winning the West meant nothing.

lamont
06-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Gators are not satisfied with subpar quarterback play, eastern division "titles", and getting hammered in SECCGs. Come watch football with me sometime. I could use some lessons.

Gotta long list of people before I get to you.

The Gator boosters better be a tad more patient and realize what they have. McElwain is cleaning up some holes left by Boom. Florida is going to be improved at QB, very good on the OL, and good at RB and WR. Much better offensively in 2017. McE has had to recruit QB's, overcome injury at QB, and work his ass off with OL recruiting. Fla only had 1 upperclassman on the team on the OL last season. That was one of the youngest OL's in the country

Georgia and Florida will be a clear step ahead of Tenn, Kentucky, and SC this year.