PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter @ 6

msstate7
06-04-2017, 12:27 AM
I've been watching these commercials for SC6 during the college baseball regionals. Is sportscenter really like some kind of stand up comedy now? I quit watching sportscenter a long time ago, and just found it odd how it's advertised now.

Skydawg1
06-04-2017, 12:29 AM
Prayers sent***

Mimi's Babies
06-04-2017, 07:00 AM
Finebaum is becoming a comedy "flop".
Some days you just have to turn it off...
Wish they would locate someone else to replace Finebaum....

Reason2succeed
06-04-2017, 07:12 AM
I've been watching these commercials for SC6 during the college baseball regionals. Is sportscenter really like some kind of stand up comedy now? I quit watching sportscenter a long time ago, and just found it odd how it's advertised now.

Basically yes. Sportcenter used to be sports information but now we have all the sports info we want instantaneously on our phones so watching a 30 min or 1 hr show to get 5 minutes of what we are interested in is no longer appealing. So what the industry leader is doing is making their shows more like daytime talk shows full of humor or arguments around the information. ESPN is no longer about what happened but about how you feel about what happened.

confucius say
06-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Basically yes. Sportcenter used to be sports information but now we have all the sports info we want instantaneously on our phones so watching a 30 min or 1 hr show to get 5 minutes of what we are interested in is no longer appealing. So what the industry leader is doing is making their shows more like daytime talk shows full of humor or arguments around the information. ESPN is no longer about what happened but about how you feel about what happened.

Last sentence is great. Best description I've heard of what espn has become.

Cooterpoot
06-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Going the route of MTV.

Ari Gold
06-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Like or hate Clay Travis, but he said it best.. MSESPN should be its new name.

Bucky Dog
06-04-2017, 08:17 AM
That SC6 show is unbearable. It won't stay on much longer because of the 11 viewers.

basedog
06-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Finebaum is becoming a comedy "flop".
Some days you just have to turn it off...
Wish they would locate someone else to replace Finebaum....

You say some days Mimi? Hell how bout everyday, I don't watch that trash at all!

As for as SC, very seldom watch it as well, give me Viking, Mountain Men and Last Frontier, at least it's entertaining and sport related, it has fighting, hunting and farming all in them*****

Btw, Lagertha is much easier on the eyes than some old bald headed Nick Saban want a be! LOL but true.

I seen it dawg
06-04-2017, 09:57 AM
ESPN is garbage except for the games and NFL live