PDA

View Full Version : NCAA officials say..."no games today..." RELEASE | Weather Pushes State-UIC Eliminati

Mimi's Babies
06-03-2017, 05:33 PM
No game today....

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Damn. Gonna wish we had started Pilk yesterday for sure now

confucius say
No more rain after 630. Could we not play at 830?

CadaverDawg
No more rain after 630. Could we not play at 830?

I think it's about field conditions now

Dental Dawg33
06-03-2017, 05:37 PM
What day does the tournament have to be completed by?

confucius say
06-03-2017, 05:40 PM
I think it's about field conditions now

The field is tarped. And any half ass baseball field can drain a foot in the outfield. I'm just venting.

So are there going to be 3 games scheduled for tomorrow? If so we would have to win the first one and then play the third one.

confucius say
06-03-2017, 05:40 PM
What day does the tournament have to be completed by?

No limit. Just as soon as can be done.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 05:42 PM
The field is tarped. And any half ass baseball field can drain a foot in the outfield. I'm just venting.

So are there going to be 3 games scheduled for tomorrow? If so we would have to win the first one and then play the third one.

Yes, 3 tomorrow. If we beat UIC early, we'll play USA or USM tomorrow night

msstate7
06-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Yes, 3 tomorrow. If we beat UIC early, we'll play USA or USM tomorrow night

We just went from being in bad shape to critical condition. We could've used relievers today and tomorrow. Now we don't have that luxury

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm guessing we'll play around 11 am, USM/USA around 3, and the late game at 7ish

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 05:46 PM
We just went from being in bad shape to critical condition. We could've used relievers today and tomorrow. Now we don't have that luxury

Yep, death blow. Why did Cann have to read ED about starting Cole, ha

Leeshouldveflanked
06-03-2017, 05:48 PM
No limit. Just as soon as can be done.

It has to be completed by Tuesday.

confucius say
06-03-2017, 05:50 PM
It has to be completed by Tuesday.

Supposedly. If it rains all day Sunday and Monday forcing completion Wednesday the NCAA is not going to prevent the winner from playing in a super.

BeardoMSU
06-03-2017, 05:51 PM
Yep, death blow. Why did Cann have to read ED about starting Cole, ha

Another example that ED doesn't know shit, lol.

confucius say
06-03-2017, 05:51 PM

Yep. No excuse for not playing at 9 tonight.

msstate7
06-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Supposedly. If it rains all day Sunday and Monday forcing completion Wednesday the NCAA is not going to prevent the winner from playing in a super.

Lsu awarded cws by default.

Quaoarsking
06-03-2017, 05:56 PM
If all of tomorrow gets canceled too they'll have to start considering alternate sites

Saltydog
06-03-2017, 06:09 PM
NT

Leeshouldveflanked
06-03-2017, 06:09 PM

NCAA could also have a 1 game winners bracket playoff game Tuesday with winner advancing to Super Regional...

Dental Dawg33
06-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Here are the rules incase anyone fairs to read them. I glanced at them quickly and I think the tournament has to be completed by Tuesday. If not, highest seed with, best record advances??

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017DIMBA_PreRdPartManual_20170524.pdf

confucius say
06-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Here are the rules incase anyone fairs to read them. I glanced at them quickly and I think the tournament has to be completed by Tuesday. If not, highest seed with, best record advances??

Wasn't aware of that. Interesting.

confucius say
06-03-2017, 06:22 PM
NCAA could also have a 1 game winners bracket playoff game Tuesday with winner advancing to Super Regional...

I'd be all for that. And would not feel sorry for usm if they were in winners bracket bc our game should be played tonight.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Official

10 am start tomorrow

Game 2 at 2pm

Game 3 at 6pm

Quaoarsking
06-03-2017, 06:56 PM

Where in the rules did you see that?

I didn't see any contingency in the linked document about a regional needing longer than Tuesday to complete.

Dental Dawg33
06-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Where in the rules did you see that?

I didn't see any contingency in the linked document about a regional needing longer than Tuesday to complete.

It doesn't officially state it from what I could find, but their mock bracket doesn't go past Tuesday.

raymond21
06-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Hasn't rained in 3 hours. Must be a bush league field

confucius say
06-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Hasn't rained in 3 hours. Must be a bush league field

I was beating that drum when they called it at 530. No rain after 620. How in the world can you not have a field ready by 9:00? Ridiculous. They want to push any game 7 to Tuesday for McCarty.

msstate7
06-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I was beating that drum when they called it at 530. No rain after 620. How in the world can you not have a field ready by 9:00? Ridiculous. They want to push any game 7 to Tuesday for McCarty.
I would love to eliminate them tomorrow night

whataburger
06-03-2017, 09:14 PM

Hattiesburg got almost 3 inches of rain today. And it's not USM's call. There's an NCAA rep here making the decision.

msstate7
06-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Hattiesburg got almost 3 inches of rain today. And it's not USM's call. There's an NCAA rep here making the decision.

Yeah right... all the NCAA guys are in oxford.

confucius say
06-03-2017, 09:28 PM

3 inches supposed to be a lot? The field is tarped. Yes the outfield would be wet, but it's going to be wet tomorrow too. I've gotten fields ready with a lot more than 3 inches of rain.

And it's a collaborative decision where the NCAA rep meets with coaches et al. Coaches absolutely have a say so

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 09:31 PM

National Weather Service says 1.70 inches today in Hburg

whataburger
06-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Our CUSA budget doesn't allow us to have a nice field that drains well. Ha

confucius say
06-03-2017, 09:43 PM
National Weather Service says 1.70 inches today in Hburg

Pathetic southern. Freaking pathetic.

HSVDawg
06-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Damn. Gonna wish we had started Pilk yesterday for sure now

Why? We'd still be in the losers bracket most likely, with no ace to depend on to give us a lengthy outing to save the pen for Game 2.

Repeat after me....the hitting is the problem with this team.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 09:50 PM
Why? We'd still be in the losers bracket most likely, with no ace to depend on to give us a lengthy outing to save the pen for Game 2.

Repeat after me....the hitting is the problem with this team.

You're missing the point.

Now that games are canceled today, and could be Monday too....we might have gotten a second start out of Pilkington later in the Regional had we pitched him yesterday. I agreed with the Gordon move, but I was worried Rain would make it backfire...and it did. Now if this thing goes to Tuesday, USM and/or USA have their Ace to pitch again, and we don't. Don't act like that isn't a big deal with our lack of pitching depth

HSVDawg
06-03-2017, 10:03 PM

Now that games are canceled today, and could be Monday too....we might have gotten a second start out of Pilkington later in the Regional had we pitched him yesterday. I agreed with the Gordon move, but I was worried Rain would make it backfire...and it did. Now if this thing goes to Tuesday, USM and/or USA have their Ace to pitch again, and we don't. Don't act like that isn't a big deal with our lack of pitching depth

I think pitching anybody on three days rest is always a crapshoot. Many guys don't respond well to that and aren't nearly as effective, and many coaches are hesitant to do it if they have a fresh pen available or any other options to start. I don't think you can ever count on anyone getting two starts in a regional and try to use that as a basis for any sort of strategy, especially if the first start is a deep outing (100+ pitches or so). Omaha is a bit different due to the rest days in between games and therefore way less bullpen usage. You can come back with your ace in Game 3 (although many teams still don't do it) and have security of a fresh pen so you don't feel pressured to overextend a guy on short rest.

Again, I think a loss in Game 1 was a foregone conclusion based on how poorly we looked offensively. With no Pilkington available, we would have to use 3 or 4 guys extensively in Game 2 tomorrow at a minimum (if not both games). You are worried about what would happen on Tuesday without considering that a Pilk start yesterday means we wouldn't have a snowball's chance of even making it to Monday.

confucius say
06-03-2017, 10:04 PM

How about using DM, JB, Plumlee, and Gordon as your four starters and having pilk, self, and price in the pen (and Barton and Barlow)? Only way to use pilk twice from here out.

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 10:19 PM
How about using DM, JB, Plumlee, and Gordon as your four starters and having pilk, self, and price in the pen (and Barton and Barlow)? Only way to use pilk twice from here out.

I think you gotta start Pilk tomorrow morning, but if you can get a complete game we'll still have McQuary, Gordon, Plumlee, and Billingsley that could all start. You also have a fully rested Self and Price can pitch again. At this point pitch every inning like it's our last, and then figure out the next one when we get there. Without bats stepping up, we'll be home in time to watch the night cap tomorrow anyway

CadaverDawg
06-03-2017, 10:22 PM
One thing is for sure...if we get to Monday, there'll be some nerves setting in for whoever is left, USM or USA. USM desperately wants us to lose to either UIC or USA tomorrow so they don't have to face us. Their nightmare scenario is playing us in an elimination game tomorrow night

yjnkdawg
06-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Yeah right... all the NCAA guys are in oxford.

Well, all the investigators are. THat's the cool place to be for investigations . Haha

I seen it dawg
06-03-2017, 11:33 PM
We should have started self

The Federalist Engineer
06-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Rain tomorrow won't allow 3 games. We need a easy victory badly to keep Self fresh for game-3

confucius say
06-04-2017, 03:39 AM
We should have started self

There it is!!

sleepy dawg
06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
I don't feel like they try nearly hard enough to get these games in. Why not set today's start time at like 7 am to give several more hours of wiggle room. You know the players want to get the games in if at all possible.

msbulldog
06-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Looking at the weather coming out of S. La. this morning, we will be lucky to get our game in I'm doubtful about the other 2.

HSVDawg
06-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Looking at the weather coming out of S. La. this morning, we will be lucky to get our game in I'm doubtful about the other 2.

That's beneficial for us though. We win Pilk's start and he goes deep, we have all hands on deck for two games tomorrow (except Pilk).