PDA

View Full Version : Regardless who started there are no guarantees

Bodaski
06-02-2017, 10:22 PM
It kills me to read post by people claiming they knew who to start. Really guys, do you honestly believe this staff didn't want to win by starting Gordon, After his last outing there was no reason to not start him. Nobody knew his wasn't able to hit a bear in the ass with a base fiddle tonight. I'm more concerned at the lack of offense then I am pitching. We have tanked it scoring runs the last 3 weeks. We've actually pitched well enough to win, but our offense puts too much pressure on this staff as young as they are.

I seen it dawg
06-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Shockingly simple

sleepy dawg
06-03-2017, 10:09 AM
It kills me to read post by people claiming they knew who to start. Really guys, do you honestly believe this staff didn't want to win by starting Gordon, After his last outing there was no reason to not start him. Nobody knew his wasn't able to hit a bear in the ass with a base fiddle tonight. I'm more concerned at the lack of offense then I am pitching. We have tanked it scoring runs the last 3 weeks. We've actually pitched well enough to win, but our offense puts too much pressure on this staff as young as they are.

I'm not going to completely disagree. You never know in baseball, and we may have very well lost with Pilk last night, and we may even lose today throwing him. I understood the strategy we used, but I didn't agree with it before the game and obviously still don't agree with it.

This is what I posted before the game about who to start:
"I'd go Pilk just bc USA a very good team. Definitely one of the best 3 seeds, if not the best. We've played them 3 times and are +1 in the runs category. This is not a team to f*** with."

And as we saw, they aren't a team to f with. Now we're 2-2 against them and have a negative scoring margin against them. USA could very well be the best 3 seed in the tournament, and are better than some 2 seeds. Right now they even have a better RPI than we do.
Losing game 1 is just too much of a blow. Now we have to win 3 straight in 2 days. I know our team was in a little different situation than normal with our lack of depth at pitching, but unless your playing a SWAC like team in round 1 you throw your ace. Although game 1 and game 2 are equally as important on paper, from a mental aspect I think game 1 is much more important.