PDA

View Full Version : Hattiesburg Regional Information

C_Rich22
06-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Warning, long post
I haven't seen a thread like this, but if so you can delete this thread. I'm a state grad and born and raised in Hattiesburg. Wanted to post some restaurants, traffic, and other info for those that have never been.
Restaurants-
1. Robert St. John places are phenomenal and very close together in "midtown" Ed's- has a cool atmosphere and good American food, you can also get a couple of beers here with great milkshakes. They have ping pong, bocce ball, and other small activities outside with picnic tables. Crescent city has a New Orleans flare, my go to is a catch of the day with pontchartrain topping. Tabella is a good itialian spot, my go to here is the lasagna.
Other spots that I like as well or better that are in the midtown to downtown area
2. Keg and barrel- my favorite spot in the burg. Great outdoor atmosphere with tons of beers on tap and any other drink of choice. The food is great, but it does take some time if it is full so beware. My favorite here is any SPB beer with a fatty mcfat (buffalo chicken with fries).
3. T-bones- really laid back spot with good sandwiches and salads. Old record shop turned into a restaurant. My favorite here is the evil twin sandwich.
4. Gratefull soul- I'm not sure if this is open on the weekends but it is an awesome lunch spot. Plate lunches, and you have to get here early like 11:00-11:30 to get the good food.
5. Southbound bagel company- this is a breakfast/lunch spot that is very small but very good.
6. Town square cafe and bakery- great breakfast and sandwiches.
7. The depot- another good lunch spot.
8. Bianchis- pizza shop
If you are in oak grove area
1. Letha's- awesome BBQ
2. Half shell- I know this is a chain but it's pretty good seafood if you're in the mood
3. South mouth deli- sandwiches and salads, pretty good not my favorite on the list for lunch.
4. Movie star- this is a buffet style home cooking. It will def fill you up.

Traffic:
AVOID hardy street like the plague. Use 4th and Lincoln road as much as possible.

Other things to do:
1. Southern Prohibition- they have awesome beers with a cool outdoor area, and now you don't have to tour the facility to drink beer.
2. Zoo- my three year old niece went to the zoo several months ago and seemed to like it. There is a train that wraps around the whole zoo and some cool animals.

Hopefully others have some more input.

parabrave
06-02-2017, 12:04 PM
The North EndZone on 4th right past the overpass. Great food and cold beer.

DownwardDawg
06-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Cotton Blues!