PDA

View Full Version : Bohannon Hired @ Alabama

Gutter Cobreh
06-01-2017, 01:32 PM
May be germans, but The Ninja has hired Brad Bohannon as new baseball coach at Alabama.

He's good on the recruiting trail, so I would think we may have some competition soon!!!!!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/espn_analyst_alabamas_brad_boh.html

preachermatt83
06-01-2017, 01:35 PM
I like him and think he's a decent recruiter but he doesn't scare me at all.

Gutter Cobreh
06-01-2017, 01:40 PM
I like him and think he's a decent recruiter but he doesn't scare me at all.

In that case and with your track record, looks like Bama will win a Natty in baseball within the next year or so!!! :)

preachermatt83
06-01-2017, 02:17 PM
In that case and with your track record, looks like Bama will win a Natty in baseball within the next year or so!!! :)

Lol. I've been right more than I've been wrong lately.

TUSK
06-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Would some of you Baseball gurus weigh in on this hire...

I know less than dick about baseball.

Todd4State
06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Solid hire by Alabama! And another former Cohen assistant gets a SEC head coaching job. I wonder if he will keep Jake Wells?

TUSK
06-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Solid hire by Alabama! And another former Cohen assistant gets a SEC head coaching job. I wonder if he will keep Jake Wells?

Thanks, buddy... Glad you think it was a good hire.

Peace.

Todd4State
06-02-2017, 03:14 AM
Thanks, buddy... Glad you think it was a good hire.

Peace.

You're welcome.

One thing about Byrne is he knows how to hire a baseball coach. Cohen at MSU and Johnson at Arizona. Cohen's ex-assistants have done very well throughout the SEC and coach's that Cohen has hired such as Cannizaro for us. I wouldn't be surprised if Lane Burroughs lands a SEC job at some point too. I thought Bohannon might be a candidate but I wasn't sure how Bama fans would feel about hiring a guy from Auburn. Probably isn't a big deal. I'm pretty sure Byrne talked to Cohen before making this hire. Bohannon has been a SEC hitting coach for awhile and was also in the ACC a little bit. I think you will probably see a similar arc to what we've seen at Auburn under Butch. Next season may be rough for you like it was for Auburn in Butch's first year. But by year two or three at the very latest I think you will be a very solid SEC baseball program. He'll probably bring in some JUCO's in year two that will help y'all out.

I think Alabama certainly has things in place and the potential to be one of the better programs in the SEC like they were in 80's and 90's.

was21
06-02-2017, 11:33 AM
So the Cohen HC tree grows

TUSK
06-02-2017, 01:06 PM
You're welcome.

One thing about Byrne is he knows how to hire a baseball coach. Cohen at MSU and Johnson at Arizona. Cohen's ex-assistants have done very well throughout the SEC and coach's that Cohen has hired such as Cannizaro for us. I wouldn't be surprised if Lane Burroughs lands a SEC job at some point too. I thought Bohannon might be a candidate but I wasn't sure how Bama fans would feel about hiring a guy from Auburn. Probably isn't a big deal. I'm pretty sure Byrne talked to Cohen before making this hire. Bohannon has been a SEC hitting coach for awhile and was also in the ACC a little bit. I think you will probably see a similar arc to what we've seen at Auburn under Butch. Next season may be rough for you like it was for Auburn in Butch's first year. But by year two or three at the very latest I think you will be a very solid SEC baseball program. He'll probably bring in some JUCO's in year two that will help y'all out.

I think Alabama certainly has things in place and the potential to be one of the better programs in the SEC like they were in 80's and 90's.

That's excellent news, Todd...

Sidebar: How does Bammer's new baseball digs compare/rank within the SEC? I'm certain yall, LSU and OM have better baseball stadiums, but what about beyond those?

edit: I'm assuming you (or someone here) have seen it firsthand....