PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Price has high ankle sprain not dead arm

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2017, 09:58 PM
Cann says he can't pitch as effectively because he can't push off his leg as before. Like an NFL Running Back, "6-8" weeks to heal

Cann did say that could come-in for an Out or Two

This is a Hail State video

Steakonastick
05-31-2017, 10:16 PM
He's also gained 25 pounds the past month. No clue how that's even physically possible but that's from the coaching staffs mouth.

Choctaw Dawg
05-31-2017, 10:17 PM
He's also gained 25 pounds the past month. No clue how that's even physically possible but that's from the coaching staffs mouth.

Damn, thats putting on some weight.
I remember Price tweaking that ankle on that last game of the double header against Alabama and i knew we would be screwed with him

msstate7
05-31-2017, 10:18 PM

Barry bonds 25 lbs gain or Bartolo colon 25 lbs?

Leroy Jenkins
05-31-2017, 10:23 PM
Barry bonds 25 lbs gain or Bartolo colon 25 lbs?

I can gain 25 lbs in a month... no one can do it without getting soft though.

Steakonastick
05-31-2017, 10:24 PM
Colon + sabathaia style

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2017, 10:25 PM

so now we have a pitcher with a tumor or too much LFL snacks? WTF

msstate7
05-31-2017, 10:27 PM
Colon + sabathaia style

That shows me he isn't taking baseball serious enough then

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 11:23 PM
so now we have a pitcher with a tumor or too much LFL snacks? WTF

lol, I'm guessing high ankle sprain = no cardio, which = 25 lbs

Todd4State
05-31-2017, 11:32 PM
That shows me he isn't taking baseball serious enough then

Ummmm....he's hurt.

msstate7
06-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Ummmm....he's hurt.

25 lbs in a month? I don't care if his ankle is broke, that shouldn't happen

Johnson85
06-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Ummmm....he's hurt.

Unless he has a terrible metabolism and was just a workout warrior before to keep weight off, that still seems like a bad sign. I would think for a lot of pitchers, going back to pitching with an extra 25 lbs would mess up their feel, and therefore some effort would be taken to keep a roughly similar weight. Probably not a big deal as it's not a huge percentage of his body weight and he can probably get back into shape pretty quickly, but still would hope that the staff woudld work with players on nutrition and exercises they can do while they are injured and not see a greater than 10% fluctuation in body weight within a month or two.

Tbonewannabe
06-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Unless he has a terrible metabolism and was just a workout warrior before to keep weight off, that still seems like a bad sign. I would think for a lot of pitchers, going back to pitching with an extra 25 lbs would mess up their feel, and therefore some effort would be taken to keep a roughly similar weight. Probably not a big deal as it's not a huge percentage of his body weight and he can probably get back into shape pretty quickly, but still would hope that the staff woudld work with players on nutrition and exercises they can do while they are injured and not see a greater than 10% fluctuation in body weight within a month or two.

Yep, he should be able to do some work in a pool or something just to burn calories and stay in shape. Of course I am a fatass myself so pot/kettle and such.