That's cute.

archdog
05-31-2017, 02:59 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1q241v.jpg

Nice parking lot with drainage issues.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2017, 03:01 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1q241v.jpg

Kind of looks like the football stadium on game day.

basedog
05-31-2017, 03:06 PM
I remember several years ago at Smith Willis we were playing TSUN and I looked in right field and some dude had his climber in a Pine Tree watching the game.

Man as mean as "rent cop" is at the Pete, I'd be afraid they would bring there chain saw before I could get down if I had my climber****

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 03:08 PM
I've been to a game there, and it's a good stadium. Obviously, we have one of the best, but for a G5 program it's really nice. I didn't start this thread to make fun of it...just wanted people to see the seating situation, and get a feel for what to expect if they're going.

My biggest thing is....where will 5,000+ people sit? Just at a glance I'd be shocked if there are 3,000 seats, so is everything else SRO? And I'm not making fun of that size, as USM's stadium holds like the 4th or 5th largest cspacity for host sites....I'm just wondering where every ticket over 3-4K will be seated?

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 03:09 PM
I remember several years ago at Smith Willis we were playing TSUN and I looked in right field and some dude had his climber in a Pine Tree watching the game.

Man as mean as "rent cop" is at the Pete, I'd be afraid they would bring there chain saw before I could get down if I had my climber****

I would love it if MSU fans were in climbers in the trees down there this weekend. Would be great. They do have a bunch of pine trees beyond the fence. If any students are reading...get a group together and make it happen!

Homedawg
05-31-2017, 03:17 PM
I've been to a game there, and it's a good stadium. Obviously, we have one of the best, but for a G5 program it's really nice. I didn't start this thread to make fun of it...just wanted people to see the seating situation, and get a feel for what to expect if they're going.

My biggest thing is....where will 5,000+ people sit? Just at a glance I'd be shocked if there are 3,000 seats, so is everything else SRO? And I'm not making fun of that size, as USM's stadium holds like the 4th or 5th largest cspacity for host sites....I'm just wondering where every ticket over 3-4K will be seated?
there is some room along the fences and in the outfield for sro.

basedog
05-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Well, I was at Msu when leftfield Lounge was started, so maybe I will go to the Pete and begin another tradition, look for me in left center field area, I will be wearing Mossy Oak camo****

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2017, 03:21 PM
MSU about to fund USM's athletic department again.

whataburger
05-31-2017, 03:22 PM
3700 seats. 1500-2000 SRO.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 03:24 PM
3700 seats. 1500-2000 SRO.

Can't stand behind the field, correct? Isn't the fence too high other than in the roost in RF? So where will SRO be?

whataburger
05-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Can't stand behind the field, correct? Isn't the fence too high other than in the roost in RF? So where will SRO be?

Down the RF line. There's a concrete terrace near the visitor's bullpen where people (mostly students) like to hang out and watch the game.

Here's what it will probably look like this weekend
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9LJ2ggXoAABJC2.jpg

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 03:42 PM
Down the RF line. There's a concrete terrace near the visitor's bullpen where people (mostly students) like to hang out and watch the game.

Here's what it will probably look like this weekend: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9LJ2ggXoAABJC2?format=jpg&name=large

Thanks, should be fun.

SouthMSDog
05-31-2017, 04:14 PM

This ^... There are many things to make fun of USM about, but they do baseball right.

msbulldog
05-31-2017, 06:33 PM

Here's what it will probably look like this weekend: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9LJ2ggXoAABJC2?format=jpg&name=large

Okay I can do that. Does it require a ticket and are tickets available?

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2017, 06:34 PM
That's a mighty fine Softball field, the girls must love playing there

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2017, 06:49 PM
How many State folks yall think will go

It_Could_Happen
05-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Question for anyone that can help.. I have GA tickets. Am I allowed to bring a chair in for that grass area?

Barking 13
05-31-2017, 08:30 PM
This ^... There are many things to make fun of USM about, but they do baseball right.

and the scenery usually ain't too bad either....

whataburger
05-31-2017, 09:13 PM
Okay I can do that. Does it require a ticket and are tickets available?

Yes and maybe. Tickets in RF will be sold as GA. The PTP ticket office might have individual tix a few hours before first pitch depending on the game.

whataburger
05-31-2017, 09:18 PM
Question for anyone that can help.. I have GA tickets. Am I allowed to bring a chair in for that grass area?

Lot of people bring chairs out there during the regular season. That could change this weekend because of the massive crowds that are expected. But it's definitely worth trying.