PDA

View Full Version : Rooker's triple crown

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 12:14 PM
Is MSU doing anything to get him officially awarded this yet? I want it to be official and I want the SEC to recognize it as official. Absolutely no reason at all postseason stats should count towards regular season awards. Make it happen MSU. Do not sit back and let the SEC get away with not awarding this amazing accomplishment to Rooker.

smootness
05-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Huh? The SEC waits until after the postseason to declare a winner in these categories. You can disagree with it, but no amount of lobbying is going to get them to throw away their own guidelines.

There's no reason for them not to do it...except that they've already decided they won't do that. It doesn't make it different because one guy happens to lead all 3 categories. He's very likely to finish as champion in all of them anyway.

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 12:33 PM
Huh? The SEC waits until after the postseason to declare a winner in these categories. You can disagree with it, but no amount of lobbying is going to get them to throw away their own guidelines.

There's no reason for them not to do it...except that they've already decided they won't do that. It doesn't make it different because one guy happens to lead all 3 categories. He's very likely to finish as champion in all of them anyway.

Here's Smoot not understanding english words typed into a sentence once again. Amazing how you are able to do this. What did I just type in my last sentence? "Bananas pickles hamburgers juice naughty dog fresh pineapple charcoal volleyball?"

smootness
05-31-2017, 12:44 PM
Here's Smoot not understanding english words typed into a sentence once again. Amazing how you are able to do this. What did I just type in my last sentence? "Bananas pickles hamburgers juice naughty dog fresh pineapple charcoal volleyball?"

Swing and a miss.

Homedawg
05-31-2017, 12:57 PM
Is MSU doing anything to get him officially awarded this yet? I want it to be official and I want the SEC to recognize it as official. Absolutely no reason at all postseason stats should count towards regular season awards. Make it happen MSU. Do not sit back and let the SEC get away with not awarding this amazing accomplishment to Rooker.

So we are supposed to go stomp our fist on the desk and just say this is how it is because this is an amazing feat? That'll work *****

drunkernhelldawg
05-31-2017, 01:01 PM
If he wins it, I'm pretty sure that commemoration will follow.

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 01:12 PM
So we are supposed to go stomp our fist on the desk and just say this is how it is because this is an amazing feat? That'll work *****

Nope but the way they are ruling the titles is incorrect and the longer MSU waits to say something about it the less likely it is to get corrected. MSU always sits back and says/does nothing and that's what I am trying to avoid. We still have Poor Lil Ol Miss State boys running our University.

AROB44
05-31-2017, 01:21 PM
Nope but the way they are ruling the titles is incorrect and the longer MSU waits to say something about it the less likely it is to get corrected. MSU always sits back and says/does nothing and that's what I am trying to avoid. We still have Poor Lil Ol Miss State boys running our University.

Incorrect according to you. Based on that then the world needs to change to agree with you....do I have it right?

confucius say
05-31-2017, 01:25 PM
How does MLB do it?

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 01:37 PM
He's correct that they're wrong in including postseason numbers to the triple crown. It's unfair, And all the "experts" agree. That being said, there's nothing that will change it for THIS season, unfortunately.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 01:37 PM
How does MLB do it?

Regular season only, I'm pretty sure

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 01:39 PM
Incorrect according to you. Based on that then the world needs to change to agree with you....do I have it right?

Maybe you don't like the word "incorrect" here so I will say the SEC is awarding regular season awards differently than any other sport I can think of. Does MLB award the homerun king to the guy with the most homeruns regular season + playoffs? Hell no they don't. Does the NBA award the scoring title to the guy that averaged the most points regular season plus playoffs? Hell no they don't. Does the NFL award the regular season sack king to the guy with the most sacks after the Super Bowl? Hell no they don't. Why do you think it was considered busch league for Kobe to score like 80 points in the last game of the season? Why do you think it was busch league when a hitter goes 1 for 1 in the final game and then removes himself so that he can win the batting title? The reason is because everybody awards regular season hitting titles based on regular season stats. Not regular season + post season.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 01:43 PM
Maybe you don't like the word "incorrect" here so I will say the SEC is awarding regular season awards differently than any other sport I can think of. Does MLB award the homerun king to the guy with the most homeruns regular season + playoffs? Hell no they don't. Does the NBA award the scoring title to the guy that averaged the most points regular season plus playoffs? Hell no they don't. Does the NFL award the regular season sack king to the guy with the most sacks after the Super Bowl? Hell no they don't. Why do you think it was considered busch league for Kobe to score like 80 points in the last game of the season? Why do you think it was busch league when a hitter goes 1 for 1 in the final game and then removes himself so that he can win the batting title? The reason is because everybody awards regular season hitting titles based on regular season stats. Not regular season + post season.

Yep, all the baseball guys on SEC Network were in agreement that it's bullshit thatRooker could lose the triple crown in the postseason, simply Bc Deichman or Spanberger play more games. And I agree, it's a regular season award, so it's bullshit that postseason numbers count

smootness
05-31-2017, 01:48 PM

Does NCAA football include postseason stats? Yes, they do. The NCAA is consistent in this. I agree it's stupid, but it is what it is.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 01:50 PM
Regular season only, I'm pretty sure

And 1/3 of MLB teams go to playoffs, while only 1/5 of NCAA division 1 baseball teams make regionals.

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 01:51 PM
Yep, all the baseball guys on SEC Network were in agreement that it's bullshit thatRooker could lose the triple crown in the postseason, simply Bc Deichman or Spanberger play more games. And I agree, it's a regular season award, so it's bullshit that postseason numbers count

Yup and I think it's our duty to stand up for Rooker after his amazing accomplishment. Imagine seeing your fanbase standing up for you and lobbying for you to win the award you justly deserve. I don't know about y'all but that would fire me up as a player.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 01:51 PM
Does NCAA football include postseason stats? Yes, they do. The NCAA is consistent in this. I agree it's stupid, but it is what it is.

Not for the heisman though. It's given out before bowl games. Which is totally contradictory. If all game count, heisman should not be awarded till mid January.

bulldogcountry1
05-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Fresh Pineapple?

That escalated quickly.

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 01:56 PM

Heisman trophy gets awarded before the bowl games but I do agree conference championship games shouldn't be included and bowl games shouldn't be included. Sorry I don't adhere to the motto of "I agree it's stupid, but it is what it is".

The Federalist Engineer
05-31-2017, 02:26 PM

Just raise the banner - there ain't no real triple crown prize. At the end of the regular season he was the winner, done

smootness
05-31-2017, 02:39 PM
Heisman trophy gets awarded before the bowl games but I do agree conference championship games shouldn't be included and bowl games shouldn't be included. Sorry I don't adhere to the motto of "I agree it's stupid, but it is what it is".

The Heisman is not a stat. All official stats are kept through postseason play.

I'm not saying you shouldn't attempt to change it if you think it's dumb. My point is simply that it isn't some oversight that the NCAA counts postseason stats, they do it on purpose. They made the decision to do it. So acting as though State is lazy if they don't attempt to change that in the middle of the season is ridiculous. The NCAA is never going to change that during a season because one guy happens to be sitting in the lead in all 3 categories and his school wants it recognized. It is not a recognized triple crown yet based on the way the SEC/NCAA awards the winner of the triple crown categories.

In the future, that may change. For 2017, it is what it is.

smootness
05-31-2017, 02:39 PM
Just raise the banner - there ain't no real triple crown prize. At the end of the regular season he was the winner, done

I also agree with this. Just say he won the Triple Crown and celebrate it. What is the SEC going to do about it?

basedog
05-31-2017, 02:57 PM

+1

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 04:22 PM
I also agree with this. Just say he won the Triple Crown and celebrate it. What is the SEC going to do about it?

Alright I am more than good with this but will MSU back us and him and recognize it. Rooker did the work, lets celebrate him for it.