PDA

View Full Version : Freezus show cause

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2017, 11:35 AM
What is the percentage chance that the good Rev. gets a show cause? Im gonna go at 50/50 but will say that a suspension is probably 75-100 percent. Crippling penalties to the program at about 105 percent

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2017, 11:43 AM
I'm going with 98%

In what amounts to the most allegations that the NCAA has given in school in 30 years, there's absolutely no way that the head coach didn't only know about it, but also lend a helping hand.

I'm sure OM can explain away each and every violation & how Hugh Freeze didn't know about it, but collectively it's virtually impossible. They'll go Pickets Charge at the COI hearing, but, assuming the members of the COI are educated, I'd be absolutely shocked if the don't give him a show cause.

smootness
05-31-2017, 11:45 AM
If the program gets crippling penalties, then Freeze will absolutely get a show cause. They give show causes to coaches quicker than they do harsh penalties to programs. So take your % on crippling penalties and increase it. So a 105+% chance of him getting a show cause.

Chip
05-31-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm going 100%

Uncivilengineer
05-31-2017, 11:50 AM
99%

Jack Lambert
05-31-2017, 11:56 AM
He will at least be suspended.

Coach007
05-31-2017, 11:58 AM
Ole miss will clean house.

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 12:01 PM
I am not sold the NCAA is going to give Freezus a show cause for one reason. It's what Old Misses wants them to do. So the NCAA isn't going to give them what they want. They are going to make OM fire Freezus and that's when the real show starts.

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2017, 06:51 PM
With all the evidence mounted up, and this not being his first offense I could see him getting one. I def think its a multi year bowl ban and major schollys lost

RocketDawg
05-31-2017, 06:56 PM
Too bad the COI hearing (or whatever it's called) won't be shown on television. The OJ murder trial was ... why not this? It would be interesting.

lamont
05-31-2017, 06:57 PM
What is the percentage chance that the good Rev. gets a show cause? Im gonna go at 50/50 but will say that a suspension is probably 75-100 percent. Crippling penalties to the program at about 105 percent

100%

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2017, 06:58 PM
100%

You are officially calling Freeze gets a show cause??

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 07:00 PM
One Hundred Percent.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-31-2017, 07:00 PM

If the NCAA wants to remain relevant, 100%.

lamont
05-31-2017, 07:02 PM
You are officially calling Freeze gets a show cause??

I dont think he will ever coach college football again

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2017, 07:03 PM
They'll go Pickets Charge at the COI hearing, but, assuming the members of the COI are educated, I'd be absolutely shocked if the don't give him a show cause.

I love how history repeats itself -

"The most famous engagement of the University Greys was at Pickett's Charge during the Battle of Gettysburg, when the Confederates made a desperate frontal assault on the Union entrenchments atop Cemetery Ridge. The Greys penetrated further into the Union position than any other unit, but at the terrible cost of sustaining 100% casualties?every soldier was either killed or wounded."

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 07:10 PM
I am 100% sure that Freezus is going to get a SHOW CAUSE....
I hope to see that Show Cause for life....
Being realistic, Probably for 10 + years, based off Saunders show cause already issued.....

I do believe that 'ole Barn' will tell where the boosters are located....

40 scholarships over 4 years
3 to 4 years bowl bans..
All games void that illegal players played in.
ACT Fraud -- oh jeez -- who knows what is going to come out of that one.
I hope that the NCAA will look into the General Studies degree that the football players are being enrolled in.
Will the IRS get involved????

TOLD -- Freezus PLANS to stick it to OM and rat everyone out to save face...... I happen to believe it... we will see....

QuadrupleOption
05-31-2017, 07:19 PM

He's named in the first NOA in a Level 1 violation, and the 2nd one for failure to monitor. There's absolutely no way he doesn't get a show cause.

Dawgowar
05-31-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm going with 98%

In what amounts to the most allegations that the NCAA has given in school in 30 years, there's absolutely no way that the head coach didn't only know about it, but also lend a helping hand.

I'm sure OM can explain away each and every violation & how Hugh Freeze didn't know about it, but collectively it's virtually impossible. They'll go Pickets Charge at the COI hearing, but, assuming the members of the COI are educated, I'd be absolutely shocked if the don't give him a show cause.

General Bjork, where is your division sir? "General Lee I have no division". Excerpt from the new book 'Killer Bears'

I have stated this before - my personal feeling is that the NCAA wants to spare both Pitino and Roy Williams major league damage. Notice that UNC is past their submission deadline with the NCAA's full acknowledgement. Reply to letter number 3 has not been sent. UNC does not get adjudicated until Ole Miss gets slammed. That will give cover to the COI to hit UNC and Louisville at the institutional level without SC'ing two BBALL coaches who bring in $$$$ to NCAA coffers. Football coaches do not benefit the NCAA the same way basketball coaches do. Just a theory.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2017, 07:46 PM
I dont think he will ever coach college football again

Maybe Northwest Jr. College.

Obviously he is set financially; he might eventually get tired of just golf and fishing.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Too bad the COI hearing (or whatever it's called) won't be shown on television. The OJ murder trial was ... why not this? It would be interesting.

Always wondered that myself. They show all kinda trials on TV and the ones they don't reporters are allowed in. But COI hearings ultra secretive for some damn reason. I mean it's about a damn sport, not life and death. But typical of non real world academia or government bureaucracy.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 08:14 PM
I love how history repeats itself -

"The most famous engagement of the University Greys was at Pickett's Charge during the Battle of Gettysburg, when the Confederates made a desperate frontal assault on the Union entrenchments atop Cemetery Ridge. The Greys penetrated further into the Union position than any other unit, but at the terrible cost of sustaining 100% casualties?every soldier was either killed or wounded."

Not true I don't think. Armstead's and Garrett's Virginians made it over the wall and into the Union guns, if I remember my term paper on the charge correctly.

Bothrops
05-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Hugh Freeze will collecting his boogers a year from now.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2017, 08:16 PM
Always wondered that myself. They show all kinda trials on TV and the ones they don't reporters are allowed in. But COI hearings ultra secretive for some damn reason. I mean it's about a damn sport, not life and death. But typical of non real world academia or government bureaucracy.

Great point.

I think showing it on TV would be awesome to watch and also curtail cheating across the country as the trial will be brought to life and boosters could see the NCAA as a tangible, real organization. I think it would make the entire thing more real and humiliating, which would help cut down on cheating across the the NCAA landscape.

Gutter Cobreh
05-31-2017, 08:31 PM

Would be a great revenue stream for the NCAA. Think about the rivalries and how much interest there would be from multiple fanbases when schools went in to plead their case. Make it an old school PPV style program.

BrunswickDawg
05-31-2017, 08:34 PM
Not true I don't think. Armstead's and Garrett's Virginians made it over the wall and into the Union guns, if I remember my term paper on the charge correctly.
Those shitbirds even lie about glory on the battlefield. Color me shocked.***