PDA

View Full Version : OM to deny majority of violations

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-31-2017, 12:01 AM
I also find it curious that a reporter in Indiana can get inside info from the OM camp, yet the "flagship" newspaper in our state can't. Good job whataburger.

http://44news.wevv.com/ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-deny-majority-21-ncaa-violations/

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2017, 12:10 AM
A few thoughts:

1. Of course they have to deny them. Accepting them is an automatic show cause. They have no course but to fight.

2. Miss Bobby Tell em bout JoJo Gentry being from Indiana must have a connection at the NCAA office.

3. "Largest violations the NCAA has brought against one school in 30 years." WOW. ERRRBODY about to be shit canned up there.

4. Looks like it could be an exciting week around here. Friday at 4:00?

Todd4State
05-31-2017, 12:19 AM
I would have been more surprised if they actually accepted the penalties.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 12:22 AM
Sounds like ole Barn didnt accept being the scape goat

Thick
05-31-2017, 12:59 AM
Sure does Cadaver, and JoJo Gentry is easy on the eyes too.

msbulldog
05-31-2017, 05:31 AM
They already admitted to being guilty of a a lot of the allegations in the first response to the original NOA.

Mobile Bay
05-31-2017, 06:59 AM

I would love her hummer, you would love her hummer, everybody would love her hummer.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 06:59 AM
A few thoughts:

1. Of course they have to deny them. Accepting them is an automatic show cause. They have no course but to fight.

2. Miss Bobby Tell em bout JoJo Gentry being from Indiana must have a connection at the NCAA office.

3. "Largest violations the NCAA has brought against one school in 30 years." WOW. ERRRBODY about to be shit canned up there.

4. Looks like it could be an exciting week around here. Friday at 4:00?

It will NOT be this week.... Freezus is scheduled for his interview with Finebaum after that time, I believe that it is the LAST interview... according to Finebaum last week. WHEN/IF they release the NOA THEN who will receive a copy of it first -- Rose Bowl?

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 07:04 AM
Sounds like ole Barn didnt accept being the scape goat

Why should Barn take the fall from grace for Freezus and the others.....
Freezus did this mess before when he was asst. coach...... under the o man...
Crooks, liars, adulteresses, and thieves don't just stop.

REMEMBER Freezus stated that he was responsible for his employees.... (someone posted the exact quote)
Wonder if Barn and his attorney read this site???? hahaha

Dawgowar
05-31-2017, 07:16 AM
1. The reporter is in Indiana and likely has sources at the NCAA offices

2. A certain UNM coach just took a job at Indiana

3. They can deny until the cows come home, but the new methodology for NCAA investigations is only submit slam dunk allegations. They did not spend 3-4 years to make unprovable charges.

4. They can try to blame Farrar but they are tied to his actions - particularly Freeze.

As alluded to last week, appears the response was already sent. I would not be surprised if it was sent sooner. This little gem seems to confirm the responses in total are at the NCAA.

''All parties involved in the case submitted responses last week to the NCAA to meet the 90-day deadline following the Notice of Allegations posted on February 22. Those responses will not be released until sometime later this week.''

June 10th may well be the hearing. It would follow their delay and deceive tactics. Run In and out of the hearing. Play the victim card to their base. Delay naming names with every ounce of energy they have. Hope for lesser penalties and protect most of the network and Freeze.

Doubt it comes close to working.

ababyatemydingo
05-31-2017, 07:17 AM
I also find it curious that a reporter in Indiana can get inside info from the OM camp, yet the "flagship" newspaper in our state can't. Good job whataburger.

http://44news.wevv.com/ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-deny-majority-21-ncaa-violations/

Pretty much confirms what was rumored quite a while back. Barney was none too pleased with being let go right before Christmas, and made the scapegoat. My guess is that he hung them out to dry in his interviews. And implicated others in laying out the plan for how they'd recruit. Barney's attorney's quote of "saying everybody else is doing it is not a good excuse for ole miss to use" is a very telling sign that he rolled on them. If so, damn, they are so screwed.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 07:22 AM

As many on here have seen me post ad nauseum .. the plan all along is to have Barney and boosters take the hit.

It's the only hope they have. They have to try to convince the NCAA that Freeze was a stickler for compliance, and that he stayed on top of it but despite him being the most diligent HC on compliance in the nation, Barney went rouge and set up the booster involvement.

The boosters will take the hit because of their love for OM.

Barney is now damaged goods and ,in the NCAA's eyes, an uncreditable witness. He has already been caught lying to them. Of course he was under the impression that he was to be taken care of by OM. Once he lied for them, OM got what they wanted. They then stabbed him in the back. They could now point to him and say "See!!! He's a liar!!! He set all this up!! He's been lying to us all along!"

So they fire him and Barney now threatens to burn them. OM laughs and says go ahead, they ain't gonna believe you. You're a proven liar who is now just a disgruntled employee.

Plus the boosters are gonna claim it was all Barney too.

OM has fired no one else in a case with "the largest violations the NCAA has brought against one school in 30 years." Think about that.

Poor ole Barn, fell for Freeze's "Faith and Family" bullshit hook,line and sinker. I'm to lazy to go back and look up all the Freeze quotes and tweets about his "Brother in Christ" Barney and all their walks and talks in their spiritual journeys. Nothing but praises for poor ole Barn until he got suspended.

And then Freeze goes out yesterday and talks about how confident he is that he has clean hands, and how he asked Bjork and Vitter could he do anything to be better at compliance, and that they said no. Then that new rules are "reckless"

I think he's an actual sociopath. Dan Wolken called he and Butch Jones basically the 2 most un- self aware coaches in the nation yesterday in a tweet.

The Culture of Corruption is all in. If Freeze, and others on his staff survive this, the new rules are "there are no rules"

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 07:28 AM
All parties involved in the case submitted responses last week to the NCAA to meet the 90-day deadline following the Notice of Allegations posted on February 22. Those responses will not be released until sometime later this week. *****The dates that this group had put together were CORRECT and had the MS Ethic's Commission issue not come up we should have received the papers last Friday....

While Ole Miss awaits a ruling on the alleged charges against the school and its football program, Loyd tells Gentry he is concerned Farrar has been singled out by Ole Miss decision-makers on the case to curry favor with the NCAA. Farrar is no longer on the Ole Miss payroll. The university is also no longer paying his attorney fees, so Farrar found legal counsel outside of what Ole Miss offered previously. taken from the article above

??? Why would OM be paying barn legal fees... Barn was terminated on Nov 16, 2016 -- the SAME day that RW, at the local high school, walked out the door......

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 07:32 AM

She's easy on the eyes but hard on the ears. She sounds like Caitlyn Jenner.

I like how Barney's lawyer brings up the DP.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 07:33 AM
All parties involved in the case submitted responses last week to the NCAA to meet the 90-day deadline following the Notice of Allegations posted on February 22. Those responses will not be released until sometime later this week. *****The dates that this group had put together were CORRECT and had the MS Ethic's Commission issue not come up we should have received the papers last Friday....

While Ole Miss awaits a ruling on the alleged charges against the school and its football program, Loyd tells Gentry he is concerned Farrar has been singled out by Ole Miss decision-makers on the case to curry favor with the NCAA. Farrar is no longer on the Ole Miss payroll. The university is also no longer paying his attorney fees, so Farrar found legal counsel outside of what Ole Miss offered previously. taken from the article above

??? Why would OM be paying barn legal fees... Barn was terminated on Nov 16, 2016 -- the SAME day that RW, at the local high school, walked out the door......

There are OTHER people that OM has terminated since this mess began... Do not forget the guy at Texas that Texas terminated because of the NCAA came calling (February 2016). Many have left also.... before the POT began to BOIL but that doesn't take them out of the fire.....

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-31-2017, 08:23 AM
I hope this girl is ready for her Twitter feed to blow up.

I don't think she realizes the Pandora's Box that she has opened regarding Ole Miss fans and their venom on Twitter.

I am anxiously awaiting the news

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2017, 08:32 AM

Grant Heard is a great Mississippian.

BeastMan
05-31-2017, 08:42 AM
Another thing to note here is the perception of OM and its program. OM fans think they are a beloved national brand. A random news station in Indiana with no dog in the hunt used the words death penalty and compared this case to SMU as well as saying it's the biggest case in 30 years. Nationally, OM is viewed as the dirtiest school in CFB and Freeze as the dirtiest coach. I don't think OM fans realize that.

The UNC story the other day had a damning qoute about OM saying the NCAA was under pressure from its membership to drill OM. The NCAA is a voluntary membership group that has a level of self policing. When the members all think one institution is out of control, the NCAA has no choice but to punish all-out. The steam is at the top of the pot and is about to blow the lid.

Bubb Rubb
05-31-2017, 08:43 AM
"Largest violations the NCAA has brought against one school in 30 years."

This coming from a neutral news source in Indiana, whose only source is likely in the NCAA (and also perhaps a former Ole Miss coach).

That's a bad look.

I guess they can put this chick on their list with Pat Forde and Dan Wolken and the rest of the "agenda-driven anti-Ole Miss media."

Political Hack
05-31-2017, 08:51 AM
Wow. They've lost Barney. That spells disaster for the Rebs. He's going to roll on them hard.

We've held from the start that they've mismanaged this about as poorly as they could. This is just one more minor idiotic step they took, but it's going to cost them dearly. Taco boy better get on the phone and pony up some diablo sauce to the big purple dinosaur or Ole Miss is about to get buried 6-feet under.

starkvegasdawg
05-31-2017, 09:02 AM
Wow. They've lost Barney. That spells disaster for the Rebs. He's going to roll on them hard.

We've held from the start that they've mismanaged this about as poorly as they could. This is just one more minor idiotic step they took, but it's going to cost them dearly. Taco boy better get on the phone and pony up some diablo sauce to the big purple dinosaur or Ole Miss is about to get buried 6-feet under.

I don't think there's enough nacho bel grandes on the planet to save them now.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 09:04 AM

No, Barney has been set up. He has no credibility with the NCAA now. Ole Miss, administration and boosters, played him like Clapton does a guitar.

Barney now sees the "Real" Freeze and what OM will do to win. They have destroyed him career wise. Bet he's sure wishing he had never come close to the scum up there about right now

MadDawg
05-31-2017, 09:14 AM
"Largest violations the NCAA has brought against one school in 30 years."

And didn't olemiss already hold the distinction of having the most severe penalties ever handed down from the NCAA since the SMU case? I know I've used that line before.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2017, 09:17 AM
No, Barney has been set up. He has no credibility with the NCAA now. Ole Miss, administration and boosters, played him like Clapton does a guitar.

Barney now sees the "Real" Freeze and what OM will do to win. They have destroyed him career wise. Bet he's sure wishing he had never come close to the scum up there about right now

Was this part of the rebel rags sting operation that om admin supposedly setup?

Political Hack
05-31-2017, 09:21 AM

There's no doubt about that. But scared people talk. And he's scared. He's spilling his beans about every dirty thing that's ever happened out of freeze's office. They'll try to pitch him as the crazy guy with vengeance on his mind. They fail to understand this isn't a court of law. The NCAA will either believ him or not... and considering the mountain of evidence they already have implicating Ole Miss in more violations than any other program in 30-years, I have a strong feeling they'll acknowledge his testimony as credible. He's basically confirming what they already know, but from inside the football office.

I'll also add this...Ole Miss is fighting because they don't want to accept the NCAA penalty. Everyone thinks it's the Freeze show cause or the LOIC. That's not it. They're fighting to avoid the death penalty right now. Their fate is tied to Freeze's and his staff's. The entire ship is about to hit the bottom of the ocean and they'll never recover.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2017, 09:24 AM
Looks like the Shitbirds are desperately seeking company for their misery & have collectively moved on from Leo Lewis and are now leaning all their hopes on Kobe Jones lying to the NCAA.

Even David Johnson stated this morning when asked about the Kobe rumor that "There is a lot of truth to it."

It's hard to imagine a dumber group of subhumans. Obviously David's statement isn't definitive and leaves him an out when absolutely nothing comes from it. How pathetic.

I wonder if they'll lash out at Indiana now that Bobby tell em bout Jo Jo Gentry wrote this article?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2017, 09:28 AM
Looks like the Shitbirds are desperately seeking company for their misery & have collectively moved on from Leo Lewis and are now leaning all their hopes on Kobe Jones lying to the NCAA.

Even David Johnson stated this morning when asked about the Kobe rumor that "There is a lot of truth to it."

It's hard to imagine a dumber group of subhumans. Obviously David's statement isn't definitive and leaves him an out when absolutely nothing comes from it. How pathetic.

I wonder if they'll lash out at Indiana now that Bobby tell em bout Jo Jo Gentry wrote this article?

I wonder how David would feel if his son Eli was accused of something and paul jones put out rumors about it?

Dawgbite
05-31-2017, 09:38 AM
So, assuming that they get the death penalty, what will happen with the SEC schools who lose a conference game. You will have 6 West teams and 2 East teams who will lose a game. I guess its possible for 2 of the west teams to schedule the 2 east teams to make up for the lost game, depending on Byes, but that still leaves 4 teams scrambling for an opponent. This mess will not only destroy OM but could possibly negatively affect scheduling for years to come.

ShotgunDawg
05-31-2017, 09:43 AM
So, assuming that they get the death penalty, what will happen with the SEC schools who lose a conference game. You will have 6 West teams and 2 East teams who will lose a game. I guess its possible for 2 of the west teams to schedule the 2 east teams to make up for the lost game, depending on Byes, but that still leaves 4 teams scrambling for an opponent. This mess will not only destroy OM but could possibly negatively affect scheduling for years to come.

I think the schedule factor is overblown. All they would need to do is go back and reset the SEC schedule. For example: Ole Miss plays Vanderbilt & us this year. So we would absorb Vanderbilt on our schedule & so on & so forth.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 09:44 AM

First the NCAA schedules the death penalty years for 2018 & 2019 or 2019 & 2020 (yes, I believe they will get two years off. That will give all their opponents time to reschedule. Don't forget that OM OOC teams will have to find a new opponent too so that would be an easy first place to look for another opponent.

Also, scheduling the DP further out gives players and staff an opportunity to go elsewhere. Before someone says this is too harsh and too disruptive remember that OM's actions caused this. The NCAA has no choice but put their foot down again like they did with SMU or they will lose control of CFB forever.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 09:46 AM
There's no doubt about that. But scared people talk. And he's scared. He's spilling his beans about every dirty thing that's ever happened out of freeze's office. They'll try to pitch him as the crazy guy with vengeance on his mind. They fail to understand this isn't a court of law. The NCAA will either believ him or not... and considering the mountain of evidence they already have implicating Ole Miss in more violations than any other program in 30-years, I have a strong feeling they'll acknowledge his testimony as credible. He's basically confirming what they already know, but from inside the football office.

I'll also add this...Ole Miss is fighting because they don't want to accept the NCAA penalty. Everyone thinks it's the Freeze show cause or the LOIC. That's not it. They're fighting to avoid the death penalty right now. Their fate is tied to Freeze's and his staff's. The entire ship is about to hit the bottom of the ocean and they'll never recover.

The NCAA ain't gonna believe him unless he has recordings, pictures or documents. Very concrete proof. Because OM is painting him as a bat shit crazy rouge who is nothing but a liar.

Dawgbite
05-31-2017, 09:48 AM
I think the schedule factor is overblown. All they would need to do is go back and reset the SEC schedule. For example: Ole Miss plays Vanderbilt & us this year. So we would absorb Vanderbilt on our schedule & so on & so forth.

But with 2 east teams and 6 West teams, the numbers don't match. If we picked up Vandy and say Ala. picked up their other East opponent, what are you going to do with the other 4 ? I don't think LSU and A&M will play twice.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 09:49 AM

They are not going to get the death penalty.Not one as far as a "you can't play football this year" death penalty.

Token Bammer
05-31-2017, 09:54 AM
As many on here have seen me post ad nauseum .. the plan all along is to have Barney and boosters take the hit.

It's the only hope they have. They have to try to convince the NCAA that Freeze was a stickler for compliance, and that he stayed on top of it but despite him being the most diligent HC on compliance in the nation, Barney went rouge and set up the booster involvement.

Barney is now damaged goods and ,in the NCAA's eyes, an uncreditable witness. He has already been caught lying to them. Of course he was under the impression that he was to be taken care of by OM. Once he lied for them, OM got what they wanted. They then stabbed him in the back. They could now point to him and say "See!!! He's a liar!!! He set all this up!! He's been lying to us all along!"

So they fire him and Barney now threatens to burn them. OM laughs and says go ahead, they ain't gonna believe you. You're a proven liar who is now just a disgruntled employee.

OM has fired no one else in a case with "the largest violations the NCAA has brought against one school in 30 years." Think about that.

Poor ole Barn, fell for Freeze's "Faith and Family" bullshit hook,line and sinker. I'm to lazy to go back and look up all the Freeze quotes and tweets about his "Brother in Christ" Barney and all their walks and talks in their spiritual journeys. Nothing but praises for poor ole Barn until he got suspended.

And then Freeze goes out yesterday and talks about how confident he is that he has clean hands, and how he asked Bjork and Vitter could he do anything to be better at compliance, and that they said no. Then that new rules are "reckless"

I think he's an actual sociopath. Dan Wolken called he and Butch Jones basically the 2 most un- self aware coaches in the nation yesterday in a tweet.

The Culture of Corruption is all in. If Freeze, and others on his staff survive this, the new rules are "there are no rules"

Spider, what is your opinion on penalties and/or show causes?

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2017, 10:00 AM
The NCAA ain't gonna believe him unless he has recordings, pictures or documents. Very concrete proof. Because OM is painting him as a bat shit crazy rouge who is nothing but a liar.

They might not take everything he says as law but if he is giving more information on things they have already proven that is completely different. So if the NCAA knows that player A received payment but Barney tells them where the payment came from then he is just adding to what they already knew. If you have a witness to a murder and then another person tells you where they hid the gun. Just because the person had a grudge against the murderer doesn't mean you can't use the gun as evidence.

wmccgc
05-31-2017, 10:00 AM
I been mis-pronouncing his name the whole time. (Fairer?)

Maroons
05-31-2017, 10:01 AM

You're wrong about one thing - Barney is a key witness.

Tbonewannabe
05-31-2017, 10:03 AM

This case is laying the basis of what punishment programs get with the new matrix. If UNM doesn't get hammered back into the stone age then hello wild west.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:03 AM
after watching the video after only reading the article, that lawyer isn't actually screaming his clients innocence. his quote is weird.... ?To use the excuse well everyone is doing it, that?s just not a good defense,? Farrar?s lawyer, Bruse Loyd of Jones, Gillaspia & Loyd LLP,? said. ?If you don?t (follow the rules), you?ll find yourself in a position that the University of Mississippi Athletic Department has found itself.?

Who's excuse that is not a good defense? Barns or OM's? OM isn't gonna use that defense, they are screaming innocence.

The lawyer obviously leaked the info to somebody at that station. Again, why there? He is a Texas lawyer and it's a Mississippi case.

It makes it seem that maybe, again MAYBE, it's a cover up of Barney's golden parachute. That what I have truly believed all along is that, Barney and the boosters would take the fall. That they would all tell the committee that it was all them, done in a way Hugh or OM could never have known about.

Reading the article at first looked like OM had screwed Barn, but now it could be just another part of the plan. The article blew my mind because i couldn't see how screwing Barn could happen unless they got him dis credited.

Who knows?

Unlike Freeze in actuality, I'm ready for this to be over.

Either he is a true sociopath, or he is confident he is gonna be good.

We will know at some point if it's going sideways for OM..... when they start eating their own.

AlSwearengen
05-31-2017, 10:05 AM
If I were Barney, I would have started taping every conversation I had with anyone ole miss once I realized that I was a possible sacrifice (which should have been immediately after draft day, if not earlier). I don't know if it would be admissible, but I would have taped.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 10:06 AM
They are not getting the death penalty. Stop with this.

The NCAA will credit Barneys testimony bc the want to-they know OM is dirty and will use every bit of evidence they can to support the very harsh penalties they are about to hand down.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:06 AM

No idea... the OM connects I have think it's gonna be rough. But nothing they can't endure for a couple of years. They just wanna save Freeze.

What do I think they should get? Couple year bowl ban, some show causes, and 10-12 schollys for 3 or 4 years.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:07 AM
This case is laying the basis of what punishment programs get with the new matrix. If UNM doesn't get hammered back into the stone age then hello wild west.

Yep

Really Clark?
05-31-2017, 10:07 AM

The NCAA could still think he is a liar and rouge but with the number of staff members already named it more than likely will trigger the head coaches responsibility mandate regardless. The "I didn't know what was going on" defense is no longer valid. He has to specifically monitor his staff's activities and all of these new allegations were while they knew they were being investigated. And immunity may have already been used to confirm what they got on Barney. He would just be admitting to what they already knew.

The other thing in the article that I found interesting was about the $13-15,000 given to a student athlete COMMITTED to another school. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Leo never committed to us until signing day. That sounds a lot like Scarborough to me. I could be wrong though.

wmccgc
05-31-2017, 10:08 AM
after watching the video after only reading the article, that lawyer isn't actually screaming his clients innocence. his quote is weird.... ?To use the excuse well everyone is doing it, that?s just not a good defense,? Farrar?s lawyer, Bruse Loyd of Jones, Gillaspia & Loyd LLP,? said. ?If you don?t (follow the rules), you?ll find yourself in a position that the University of Mississippi Athletic Department has found itself.?

Who's excuse that is not a good defense? Barns or OM's? OM isn't gonna use that defense, they are screaming innocence.

The lawyer obviously leaked the info to somebody at that station. Again, why there? He is a Texas lawyer and it's a Mississippi case.

It makes it seem that maybe, again MAYBE, it's a cover up of Barney's golden parachute. That what I have truly believed all along is that, Barney and the boosters would take the fall. That they would all tell the committee that it was all them, done in a way Hugh or OM could never have known about.

Reading the article at first looked like OM had screwed Barn, but now it could be just another part of the plan. The article blew my mind because i couldn't see how screwing Barn could happen unless they got him dis credited.

Who knows?

We will know at some point if it's going sideways for OM..... when they start eating their own.

I was thinking the same thing. What kind of defense lawyer is going to make those kind of statements to the media? Something is not right here. Attorneys always deny everything for their clients. This guy is basically inferring Barn is guilty. What's up with that?

Token Bammer
05-31-2017, 10:12 AM
No idea... the OM connects I have think it's gonna be rough. But nothing they can't endure for a couple of years. They just wanna save Freeze.

What do I think they should get? Couple year bowl ban, some show causes, and 10-12 schollys for 3 or 4 years.

Thanks.

confucius say

Who knows?

OM is going to admit the acts happened, just that it and Freeze are not to blame, only Barney and boosters and others not named Freeze or OM are to blame. That defense ain't going to work with the new head coach legislation in place. Only question left is whether Freeze survives.

Maroons

Stop saying this. The assumption that he's not believable or is discredited is wrong.

Spiderman
I was thinking the same thing. What kind of defense lawyer is going to make those kind of statements to the media? Something is not right here. Attorneys always deny everything for their clients. This guy is basically inferring Barn is guilty. What's up with that?

Yeah, he was basically saying Barney did all this and that's why OM is in this shape.

Fits what i was told from day one was the plan... Barney and the boosters falling on the sword.

Bubb Rubb

Well I wouldn't put it past the guy to have that stuff. Obviously taping people is part of the culture there.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:15 AM
Stop saying this. The assumption that he's not believable or is discredited is wrong.

I thought after reading the article that was maybe what had happened. Now, I'm not sure.

But yes, if he all of a sudden did come out with a bunch of new dirt, they wouldn't give it much credibility.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 10:16 AM

Who knows?

Goodness you have a lot of faith in Hugh Freeze. They are not that smart and things are not going perfectly according to OM's plan. It sounds like you are buying into OM's delusions and hype.

This lawyer is on TV throwing OM under the bus and you are saying it's all part of the plan. Snap out of it. It is what it looks like. OM tried to throw Barney under the bus and Barney is fighting back with everything he has. One thing he can do is send his lawyer out to paint OM as the dirty program they are.

preachermatt83
05-31-2017, 10:20 AM
Hired his own attorney and that attorney is saying that OM tried to single out farrar and use him as a scapegoat. He said that OM will get the closest thing to the death penalty as can be given without actually getting it. Any doubts I had concerning the severity of the coming penalties are now gone. OM is getting the hammer. Im not gonna link it because it's sds but it's a wonderful read.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Goodness you have a lot of faith in Hugh Freeze. They are not that smart and things are not going perfectly according to OM's plan. It sounds like you are buying into OM's delusions and hype.

This lawyer is on TV throwing OM under the bus and you are saying it's all part of the plan. Snap out of it. It is what it looks like. OM tried to throw Barney under the bus and Barney is fighting back with everything he has. One thing he can do is send his lawyer out to paint OM as the dirty program they are.

Let's see if Barney sues them. As i said, you will know it's going sideways when they start eating their own. And this isn't Freeze's strategy, it's the big wigs at OM.

They have been doing this for years. It's like the letters going to B'ham so nobody could get them. They are cut throat MFer's when it comes to stuff like this.

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 10:25 AM

Please tell me when OM sources have been right and truthful about anything involving this. They are blowing smoke up your butt. Hugh Freeze doesn't look like a dead man walking and blow off reporters at the very mention of the investigation if OM has their master plan in place and it's working perfectly.

OM is screwed and they know it. They just believe that they are beyond the point of contrition so they are holding on to Freeze and any shread of hope.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2017, 10:25 AM
http://www.newsfromme.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/artejohnson01.jpg

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Let's see if Barney sues them. As i said, you will know it's going sideways when they start eating their own. And this isn't Freeze's strategy, it's the big wigs at OM.

They have been doing this for years. It's like the letters going to B'ham so nobody could get them. They are cut throat MFer's when it comes to stuff like this.

Houston Nutt is on the verge of suing them. They are just waiting for the penalties to come down. The so-called big wigs at OM are about to be exposed by a (no offense Rosebowl) amateur journalist with a podcast. They may have bought off the local news with their money and connection but all of it is unraveling.

Bully13
05-31-2017, 10:39 AM

Nothing they can't endure for a couple of years? Lmfao. What they SHOULD get? 10-12? Damn dude, you are as delusional as the 9 over 3 nafoom crowd. So you are saying 10-12 is what you would suggest if it were up toyou? Are you that concerned about the mental health of your rebel buddies or are you really concerned about the future of Ole Miss football?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Nothing they can't endure for a couple of years? Lmfao. What they SHOULD get? 10-12? Damn dude, you are as delusional as the 9 over 3 nafoom crowd. So you are saying 10-12 is what you would suggest if it were up toyou? Are you that concerned about the mental health of your rebel buddies or are you really concerned about the future of Ole Miss football?

I think he meant 10-12 per year for 3-4 years.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Houston Nutt is on the verge of suing them. They are just waiting for the penalties to come down. The so-called big wigs at OM are about to be exposed by a (no offense Rosebowl) amateur journalist with a podcast. They may have bought off the local news with their money and connection but all of it is unraveling.

My sources ain't Yancy. That said,no matter if he falls on the sword or OM makes him out as a lying outlaw rouge, Barney is getting all the blame, no matter what.

Boodawg
05-31-2017, 10:42 AM
Here is an excerpt from article. Delete if this is not allowed.

Loyd recently spoke with Jojo Gentry, the Sports Director at WEVV (Fox44/CBS44), to discuss the case against Ole Miss.

“It is as close to the death penalty as you can get without that actually happen,” Loyd said. “Coach Farrar has been questioned extensively, in fact, five times by the NCAA about those allegations.”

According to Loyd, Ole Miss is in this situation after failing to follow the NCAA’s rules and is concerned his client has become singled out by the school as a possible scapegoat for the many alleged violations.

“To use the excuse that everyone else is doing it, that’s just not a good defense,” Loyd continued. “That’s not a good reason. That’s not an acceptable reason. Some of these rules, you wish they weren’t there but the fact of the matter is they are — and they’ve got to be enforced, and they’ve got to be followed. And if you don’t, you’ll find yourself in the position the University of Mississippi athletic department has found itself.”

According to Gentry, Ole Miss has submitted its response to the NCAA’s latest notice of allegations last week. The school’s response is expected to be released to the public sometime this week.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 10:42 AM
I think he meant 10-12 per year for 3-4 years.

That is correct. I thought that was a given. I will post at a 1st grade reading level for some from now on

Turfdawg67
05-31-2017, 10:49 AM

Spider and his "big ole miss booster" golfing buddies have said all along that OM will skate. I guess this is his/their last ditch effort to find a reason as to why they'll escape harsh penalties. He thinks the NCAA won't believe Barney because Ole Miss is painting him to be a lying, crazy, rouge cheating coach. And for some explicable reason, the NCAA will believe OM!?! He thinks the NCAA can't see the whole picture:

1) Barney lied to protect OM
2) OM back stabs Barney
3) Barney tells the truth
4) NCAA believes Barney

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 10:52 AM
My sources ain't Yancy. That said,no matter if he falls on the sword or OM makes him out as a lying outlaw rouge, Barney is gettingall the blame, no matter what.

No, Barney isn't getting ALL the blame. All the blame will go to Hugh Freeze and their athletic dept that hired him and had two other programs on probation too. Bro you have been compromised by the Russians.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-31-2017, 10:53 AM

Is this the first in the series of ITs? If so, this is quite the doosey. An Indiana news station saying it is the worse since SMU. Farrar rolling on Mississippi before the COI and his legal counsel saying "as close to the death penalty" without getting it. Going to be hard to top this.

Really Clark?
05-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Ironic that the article states its the largest violations case in 30 years. SMU received the death penalty in Feb 1987. I'm not saying that they will get the death penalty but to be largest case since the death penalty at SMU says something.

TrapGame
05-31-2017, 10:56 AM
Barney knows where bodies are buried. He can provide missing links and connect dots. After Barney fills in a couple of holes for the NCAA they'll believe every word that comes out of his mouth.

Dawgbite
05-31-2017, 10:59 AM
They are not getting the death penalty. Stop with this.

The NCAA will credit Barneys testimony bc the want to-they know OM is dirty and will use every bit of evidence they can to support the very harsh penalties they are about to hand down.

You might as well be telling 9 year old me that there is no Santa Claus. In my world, school is out, Mom has the Christmas decorations up, she is baking cookies, and the anticipation of whether I will get the new 3 speed Schwinn with the banana seat or the Daisey pump pellet gun with the 4x optical sight is the only thing I am thinking about.

Homedawg
05-31-2017, 11:02 AM
The NCAA could still think he is a liar and rouge but with the number of staff members already named it more than likely will trigger the head coaches responsibility mandate regardless. The "I didn't know what was going on" defense is no longer valid. He has to specifically monitor his staff's activities and all of these new allegations were while they knew they were being investigated. And immunity may have already been used to confirm what they got on Barney. He would just be admitting to what they already knew.

The other thing in the article that I found interesting was about the $13-15,000 given to a student athlete COMMITTED to another school. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Leo never committed to us until signing day. That sounds a lot like Scarborough to me. I could be wrong though.

that's leo when he was committed to bama. Scarborough isnt involved in this from all accounts

Really Clark?
05-31-2017, 11:09 AM
that's leo when he was committed to bama. Scarborough isnt involved in this from all accounts

That makes sense.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 11:16 AM
You might as well be telling 9 year old me that there is no Santa Claus. In my world, school is out, Mom has the Christmas decorations up, she is baking cookies, and the anticipation of whether I will get the new 3 speed Schwinn with the banana seat or the Daisey pump pellet gun with the 4x optical sight is the only thing I am thinking about.

Problem is, santa will bring you a great gift and you'll be upset because it ain't the bike or pellet gun, and people will laugh at you and say you have no credibility bc you didn't get the bike or gun

Boodawg
05-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Barney looking for some of that NCAA immunity...

Boodawg
05-31-2017, 11:19 AM
IYOK, I don't think I've heard your take on all of this. If so, I have forgotten. So give it up.

SailingDawg
05-31-2017, 11:27 AM
From Barney's lawyer (https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/attorney-ncaa-case-vs-ole-miss-close-death-penalty-can-get/)

confucius say
05-31-2017, 11:28 AM
Like I said. Stop with death penalty posts and be happy about the harsh penalties about to come down.

BuckyIsAB****
05-31-2017, 11:30 AM
The NCAA isnt going to hand out the death penalty again. SMU never recovered. But they will make an example out of OM. They are up shit creek with no paddle

Chip
05-31-2017, 11:31 AM
Spider and his "big ole miss booster" golfing buddies have said all along that OM will skate. I guess this is his/their last ditch effort to find a reason as to why they'll escape harsh penalties. He thinks the NCAA won't believe Barney because Ole Miss is painting him to be a lying, crazy, rouge cheating coach. And for some explicable reason, the NCAA will believe OM!?! He thinks the NCAA can't see the whole picture:

2) OM back stabs Barney
4) NCAA believes Barney

^^^^THIS

smootness
05-31-2017, 11:32 AM
To be fair, he said the allegations are as close to the death penalty as you can get. No one knows the penalties yet.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Barney knows where bodies are buried. He can provide missing links and connect dots. After Barney fills in a couple of holes for the NCAA they'll believe every word that comes out of his mouth.

I'm sure the NCAA has numerous leads on infractions where they were just missing one or two pieces of the puzzle before they could actually list them as an allegation. And the way the NCAA keeps things silent, most likely no one knows that they were working on those leads. If Barney provides them with those missing pieces, they will not only believe what he has to say, but quit possibly have enough to, dare I say, have enough to start another NOA....at that point will just depend on how far they want to bury them.

Really Clark?
05-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Barney looking for some of that NCAA immunity...

The time for that has come and gone. He has already given his interviews with the investigators and his response to the NOA. What is left is the COI meeting and penalty phase.

Boodawg
05-31-2017, 11:41 AM
The time for that has come and gone. He has already given his interviews with the investigators and his response to the NOA. What is left is the COI meeting and penalty phase.

Was kind of said in jest, but I'm sure they would lesson his penalties for more info, don't you think? Just guessing here.

Saltydog
05-31-2017, 11:45 AM
the meek, uneducated, uninformed and in this case, the dumb and stupid.

chainedup_Dawg
05-31-2017, 11:57 AM

I really don't think it'll take recordings or anything like that. It'll only take Barn telling them something remotely close to what they already have heard or know. Yes, OM is trying to paint him as a raving lunatic but the problem with that is the NCAA already has a ton more dirt on OM than they do Barn. It'd be comparable to OJ calling someone else a killer.

1bigdawg
05-31-2017, 11:59 AM
Interesting that his lawyer is from Houston and is a big Rice booster. Farrar worked at Rice at one time. It looks like he reached out to an old friend from then instead of someone who might be influenced by UNM. He does not list NCAA issues as an area of expertise on the firms website. But he does go to Indianapolis, presumably to talk to the NCAA. It appears he then calls around to area news media to get the word out (back to UNM?). Why else would the station in Evansville go to Indianapolis to interview him? Curiouser and curiouser...

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 11:59 AM

2) OM back stabs Barney
4) NCAA believes Barney

I never said that,unlike 99% of those here, I have never said what kind of penalties OM will get. That's because NO one knows and anybody saying with certain what is gonna happen is just a wild ass guess.

As far as what is happening with Barney, my thoughts today were a reaction to that article. I've gone on record that, no matter how it happens, OM's defenfense would to be blame Barney and the boosters an save Freeze. Looks spot on so far.

And, as far as my sources, let's go back to AJ Brown when 99% on here said he's a dog. I said no and was called a reb lover just like today. On the day Willie gay 1st commited publicly to a school, 99% here said it would be State. I said no. I also never said where he would sign, but as of that day he was gonna commit to OM.

Some, laughably, thought we had a shot at Bowie. i said no way in hell.

Today's article, on my 1st reading, made me think OM was gonna change course and blame Barney. But after reading it, and watching the vid a couple of times it seems aful hinky now. As i said earlier, who knows now what will happen, but people who matter at OM, and who have a say in things their really believe their plan will save Freeze.

They aren't pumping sunshine , they believe they've done it. Have they? I have no idea. I put nothing past some of those people.

Hell, my wish is for the whole school to be closed, but wish in one and shit in the other, it ain't gonna happen.

As one Loyalty foundation member told me, if you see Freeze get fired at anytime before the season, you will know then we are royally F--ked.

I just report what I'm hearing. Never said if that's whats gonna happen.

Negative Waves
05-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Freeze is done. If I remember correctly, he was mentioned in a Level 1 in the original NOA for taking a booster to visit a recruit. I thought they would clean house once they received the addendum and pin it on Freeze, but they've decided to go down with the ship. If they go in front of the COI with the "Barney did it all" defense, they will be laughed out of the building. Cheating while being investigated plus thinking the COI consists of a bunch of gullible fools will end up getting them such severe penalties that they will be wishing for the death penalty.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 12:04 PM
No, Barney isn't getting ALL the blame. All the blame will go to Hugh Freeze and their athletic dept that hired him and had two other programs on probation too. Bro you have been compromised by the Russians.

GD, shit flies right over people's heads. I will type slow... I HAVE NO IDEA IF THE NCAA IS GONNA BLAME BARNEY, HUGH FREEZE OR YOUR ASS. WHAT I DO KNOW IT THAT OLE MISS IS EITHER GOING TO BLAME BARNEY OR BARNEY WILL TAKE THE BLAME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE. WILL IT WORK? I HAVE NO GD F--KING IDEA

Is that plain enough?

smootness
05-31-2017, 12:07 PM
I thought after reading the article that was maybe what had happened. Now, I'm not sure.

But yes, if he all of a sudden did come out with a bunch of new dirt, they wouldn't give it much credibility.

Sure they would. The NCAA is not an impartial jury. They are judge, jury, and executioner. If they believe these things happened and Farrar is saying they did, they won't care a bit about how credible he is. They will point to Farrar's testimony and consider it evidence.

The NCAA also knows this case is huge for them. And they just recently changed their standards to make coaches even more responsible for everything that happens under their watch because they don't want coaches to skate by saying they had no knowledge.

Your perspective on this makes little sense.

smootness
05-31-2017, 12:07 PM
GD, shit flies right over people's heads. I will type slow... I HAVE NO IDEA IF THE NCAA IS GONNA BLAME BARNEY, HUGH FREEZE OR YOUR ASS. WHAT I DO KNOW IT THAT OLE MISS IS EITHER GOING TO BLAME BARNEY OR BARNEY WILL TAKE THE BLAME BEFORE THE COMMITTEE. WILL IT WORK? I HAVE NO GD F--KING IDEA

Is that plain enough?

Of course Ole Miss will blame others. Based on everything we know about the NCAA, it will absolutely not work.

Coach007
05-31-2017, 12:12 PM
The current list of allegations brought against Ole Miss and its football staff is the most significant list of charges against a NCAA program in 30 years, according to those with knowledgeable about the history of NCAA allegations.

;)

They worked hard for it too!

BeastMan
Why is Spider catching so much hell? He's troubleshooting this thing out loud, on the board. He's made some good and interesting points. I get that y'all want to burn it to the ground but this process is nuanced with numerous different angles and strategies at play. Theorizing is fun. More fun than repeatedly screaming death penalty like you have some strain of ole miss autism.

Spiderman
Sure they would. The NCAA is not an impartial jury. They are judge, jury, and executioner. If they believe these things happened and Farrar is saying they did, they won't care a bit about how credible he is. They will point to Farrar's testimony and consider it evidence.

The NCAA also knows this case is huge for them. And they just recently changed their standards to make coaches even more responsible for everything that happens under their watch because they don't want coaches to skate by saying they had no knowledge.

Your perspective on this makes little sense.

any thing he would say now would be a whole new investigation. and if so, they ain't just gonna go on his word. he better have to proof. Rosie has said many times, since the Miami case, the NCAA is only gonna give credence to things that are easy to prove. He said she said ain't gonna work.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Why is Spider catching so much hell? He's troubleshooting this thing out loud, on the board. He's made some good and interesting points. I get that y'all want to burn it to the ground but this process is nuanced with numerous different angles and strategies being at playing. Theorizing is fun. More fun than repeatedly screaming death penalty like you have some strain of ole miss autism.

Thank you for getting it

Really Clark?
05-31-2017, 12:16 PM
Was kind of said in jest, but I'm sure they would lesson his penalties for more info, don't you think? Just guessing here.

To do that though means they have to reopen the investigation phase again. They are ready to hand out penalties now. Everything is already done when you get to the COI. New testimony or changing testimony after the response is not allowed. That's why anything dealing immunity to get more information can't be done at this point. Also, when it comes to immunity, the investigators can't just hand out immunity to get information. It has to be approved before hand by the COI chair and the investigators have to actually document what they have and what they are hoping immunity will collaborate. They know a violation occurred but they need immunity testimony to collaborate that infraction.

Coach007
05-31-2017, 12:17 PM

;)

They worked hard for it too!

Move that back to it's own topic. You know that Ole Miss fans are watching it. Let them READ IT! LOL!

msbulldog
05-31-2017, 12:19 PM

That line of reasoning makes a lot of sense.

smootness
05-31-2017, 12:25 PM
any thing he would say now would be a whole new investigation. and if so, they ain't just gonna go on his word. he better have to proof. Rosie has said many times, since the Miami case, the NCAA is only gonna give credence to things that are easy to prove. He said she said ain't gonna work.

Regardless, your views aren't consistent. Farrar won't have credibility when throwing out new allegations...but he would have credibility if he said it was all him? Why would the NCAA care in one case but not the other?

And the NCAA has made it clear that the HC is responsible for things that happen under them, whether they have direct knowledge or not. In fact, the NCAA has already directly charged Freeze specifically with failing to promote or monitor compliance. So I don't know where this idea that they could pin it all on somebody else to save Freeze or themselves comes from.

Boodawg
05-31-2017, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Coach;753306]http://44news.wevv.com/ole-miss-football-coaching-staff-deny-majority-21-ncaa-violations/

;)

It's odd how this article left the following quote out, but the SDS article includes it. Why would they take the best part out?

“It is as close to the death penalty as you can get without that actually happen,” Loyd said. “Coach Farrar has been questioned extensively, in fact, five times by the NCAA about those allegations.”

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2017, 12:29 PM

Is this fact or opinion?

msbulldog
05-31-2017, 12:32 PM

Yea but, his lawyer was quoted as saying Barney had had 5 interviews with the NCAA, that's a lot of interviews with somebody they don't believe.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-31-2017, 12:34 PM

But he isn't the only coach named in the NOA. How can they reason that Barney was the lone wolf when there was a pack creating rules violations?

Mobile Bay
05-31-2017, 12:37 PM
I just have to say this, because at least three people in this thread have gotten this wrong so far.

It's spelled rogue

Rouge is french for red.

1bigdawg
05-31-2017, 12:43 PM
I just have to say this, because at least three people in this thread have gotten this wrong so far.

It's spelled rogue

Rouge is french for red.

Rouge is also a type of makeup.

archdog
05-31-2017, 12:54 PM
2771I hope he is

Martianlander
05-31-2017, 12:59 PM
the meek, uneducated, uninformed and in this case, the dumb and stupid.

In other words unm fans.

Dawgtini
05-31-2017, 01:39 PM

It's spelled rogue

Rouge is french for red.

Can we also add Collaborate - work jointly on an activity, especially to produce or create something.
and
Corroborate - confirm or give support to (a statement, theory, or finding). ????

Turfdawg67
05-31-2017, 01:53 PM
I never said that,unlike 99% of those here, I have never said what kind of penalties OM will get. That's because NO one knows and anybody saying with certain what is gonna happen is just a wild ass guess.

As far as what is happening with Barney, my thoughts today were a reaction to that article. I've gone on record that, no matter how it happens, OM's defenfense would to be blame Barney and the boosters an save Freeze. Looks spot on so far.

And, as far as my sources, let's go back to AJ Brown when 99% on here said he's a dog. I said no and was called a reb lover just like today. On the day Willie gay 1st commited publicly to a school, 99% here said it would be State. I said no. I also never said where he would sign, but as of that day he was gonna commit to OM.

Some, laughably, thought we had a shot at Bowie. i said no way in hell.

Today's article, on my 1st reading, made me think OM was gonna change course and blame Barney. But after reading it, and watching the vid a couple of times it seems aful hinky now. As i said earlier, who knows now what will happen, but people who matter at OM, and who have a say in things their really believe their plan will save Freeze.

They aren't pumping sunshine , they believe they've done it. Have they? I have no idea. I put nothing past some of those people.

Hell, my wish is for the whole school to be closed, but wish in one and shit in the other, it ain't gonna happen.

As one Loyalty foundation member told me, if you see Freeze get fired at anytime before the season, you will know then we are royally F--ked.

I just report what I'm hearing. Never said if that's whats gonna happen.

Sure you did... 7/12/16. I don't know how, nor have the desire, to link your comments, but you basically said that based on OM's actions, or lack there of, they will get off with light penalties. Your thread was saying that the Chancellor hadn't fired Bjork and Bjork hadn't fired Freeze and lastly 2016 Media Days had come and gone and Freeze hadn't fired any coaches. You did state that OM would try to blame lower level boosters.

TTrams
05-31-2017, 01:57 PM
And rouge smells like corn dogs.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 02:02 PM
Sure you did... 7/12/16. I don't know how, nor have the desire, to link your comments, but you basically said that based on OM's actions, or lack there of, they will get off with light penalties. Your thread was saying that the Chancellor hadn't fired Bjork and Bjork hadn't fired Freeze and lastly 2016 Media Days had come and gone and Freeze hadn't fired any coaches. You did state that OM would try to blame lower level boosters.

He underestimated their mishandling of the whole situation. It still amazes me that they waited 10 months after their NOA response to let anybody go, and even then, it was only Barney. Mitigation 101 you morons (see mirando and Bama dl coach).

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 02:08 PM
Is this fact or opinion?

opinion... either that or they've paid him off. only thing they can do

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 02:10 PM
Yea but, his lawyer was quoted as saying Barney had had 5 interviews with the NCAA, that's a lot of interviews with somebody they don't believe.

Do you know what he said in the interviews? Me either. He could have lied in all 5. He is charged with lying to the NCAA

Jarius
05-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Are we really upset with a poster that thinks OM is going to get 30-40 scholarships taken away with a multi year bowl ban and show causes?

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 02:24 PM
Are we really upset with a poster that thinks OM is going to get 30-40 scholarships taken away with a multi year bowl ban and show causes?

I said I think that's what they should get, but I have no idea what they actually will get. But yeah, I'm too lenient on them I guess.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 02:47 PM
Do you know what he said in the interviews? Me either. He could have lied in all 5. He is charged with lying to the NCAA

You think he told them in the first interview it was all his fault and Freeze knew nothing, yet they interviewed him 4 more times to confirm that?? Nope.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 02:49 PM
You think he told them in the first interview it was all his fault and Freeze knew nothing, yet they interviewed him 4 more times to confirm that?? Nope.

i have no idea what he said in any interview with the NCAA

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 02:56 PM

I'm upset that Spider-Man comes on here shooting down everything others are speculating and then puts out his own ridiculous conspiracy theory that he got from his Rebel handlers.

P.S. I'm going to keep calling for the DP until the COI proves otherwise. I now have Barney's lawyer on my side saying that OM did enough to call for a DP. What you got? For the 900th time the NCAA has NEVER said they wouldn't give out another DP. That is an urban myth, old wives tale, fake news.

ababyatemydingo
05-31-2017, 03:10 PM

All he has to say is that OM asked him to lie to protect the program. And that will seal their fate.

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 03:13 PM
All he has to say is that OM asked him to lie to protect the program. And that will seal their fate.

Yep. People keep forgetting that this isn't a courtroom trial. Evidence and 100% proof isn't necessary

Dawgology
05-31-2017, 03:14 PM
The thing about trusting Ole Miss sources is that it's the same people that have been putting out disinformation this whole time OR they have been wrong. This is the same bunch that thought they would get away with all of this in the first place. Now, if you come back and say they told you that it was all part of their plan to get caught and blame it on one stooge while reaping the benefits I will know you have been had.

lamont
05-31-2017, 03:16 PM
I'm upset that Spider-Man comes on here shooting down everything others are speculating and then puts out his own ridiculous conspiracy theory that he got from his Rebel handlers.

I'm upset Spider-Man hasnt taken me to play golf or cooked that steak he owes me

Political Hack
05-31-2017, 03:22 PM

You been through this before? Because I've seen the NCAA believe a bat shit crazy liar who was actually lying on about 90% of what he was telling them.

It doesn't matter what OM says and the NCAA doesn't need "concrete proof." This isn't a court of law and isn't treated as such. It's not anything close to that. If they have recruits telling them they got paid and an OM football staffer telling them Freeze orchestrated it and then OM denying everything and protecting Freeze, they're getting the death penalty.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 03:25 PM
i have no idea what he said in any interview with the NCAA

Fair enough. But you know how to use context clues. Nothing in either of the articles linked above or the quotes from barneys lawyer suggests Barney is falling on the sword for OM. In fact, they imply the opposite.

His attorney is getting in front of this before the NOA response is made public bc he knows OM response is going to be to blame Barney.

RocketDawg
05-31-2017, 03:29 PM

It's spelled rogue

Rouge is french for red.

Figured they were doing it on purpose to be humorous. I think on SPS someone mispelled "rogue" (along with several others) and the mispellings have stuck to be funny. I sure hope that's a case for alleged MSU graduates .... **

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 03:32 PM
My sources ain't Yancy. That said,no matter if he falls on the sword or OM makes him out as a lying outlaw rouge, Barney is getting all the blame, no matter what.

Between your source -- and What I know happened SINCE BF was hired on November 16, 2016..... There are CURRENT OM coaches along with OM Boosters that have been to VISIT a certain HS that I have knowledge of. I would guess that there is MORE than this within a 30 mile radius of MSU....

OM boosters attached to the illegal recruiting practices, that continue today, over 10.... It is coming, wait for it, wait for it......

This WAS reported to the NCAA.... promise

BF was probably the intended fall guy. BUT since OM and it's booster FAIL to STOP their illegal practices then.... Just remember within 30 miles of MSU all types of ILLEGAL activity went on....

BrokerDawg
05-31-2017, 03:36 PM
I think something is being missed here. If this article is correct, then there are 21 new allegations in the 2nd NOA. Ole Miss has already agreed with everything in the first NOA as charged and only disputed the level of a couple in response number 1. So as usual, the hostage video was only a small picture. He only mentioned 5 specific charges as part of their spin.

Pollodawg
05-31-2017, 03:41 PM
It's too hard to scapegoat Barney when the blame, per the new NCAA matrix, makes Freeze the ultimate one responsible. They won't get off on the old "Freeze didn't know" act.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 03:48 PM

NCAA dug in the well (story).... gat a taste of water (evidence).....
went to another well (different story) to confirm that there was water (evidence) and the water became a beer (even more evidence).
NCAA went back to a different well (again a different story) confirmed the previous story went back to the well asked for water and was given a glass of Wine (The evidence keeps plying up)... I know that NCAA has been to several high schools and colleges.....
:rolleyes:

notsofarawaydawg
05-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Well, I'm just going to wait for the release and watch the Bears shit all over the Grove and I'll know exactly what happened then. Until then, **** those shitbirds.

While we are at it .. **** the Shitbuzzards too !!!

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 04:42 PM

Yes, that would be a head shot if they believed him

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 04:43 PM
I'm upset Spider-Man hasnt taken me to play golf or cooked that steak he owes me

The steak is my fault. As for the golf, I ain't played either. You ought to grab you a partner and play in the local tournament this weekend. Still got spots open.

Bully13
05-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Where did 8k.views come so fast?***

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 05:01 PM

Lurking, lurking, lurking.... wooking, wooking, wooking #HAILSTATE....

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 05:12 PM

P.S. I'm going to keep calling for the DP until the COI proves otherwise. I now have Barney's lawyer on my side saying that OM did enough to call for a DP. What you got? For the 900th time the NCAA has NEVER said they wouldn't give out another DP. That is an urban myth, old wives tale, fake news.

Only things I've "Shot down" have come true. What have I shot down today?

All I have said is what OM's strategy has been since the beginning. Blame boosters and Barney. I have no idea if it will work or if Barney will go along. But anybody that thinks that the University of Mississippi , who has been run by Scruggs, Langston, and others of their ilk, 1 of which I know well, is above paying Barney off to lie or take the blame is naive.

I also know another top guy at Ole Miss. He is a good guy, and thinks it's stupid to give a damn HS kid money to play football. However, he is fighting his ass off to lessen the penalties.

Most here seemed to have a real problem with me knowing 2 big wigs at Ole Miss. All I will say is you can't pick your damn neighbors. I've known them for years.

Excuse me for knowing 2 filthy rich MOFO's who just happen to be Ole Miss fans. I don't have State neighbors who are as connected as these 2.

I wish I did. Would a hell of a lot rather know some.

I would not be shocked at all to see one of my acquaintances named in the letter. I hope he is. Be some good times wearing his ass out

confucius say
05-31-2017, 06:02 PM
Only things I've "Shot down" have come true. What have I shot down today?

All I have said is what OM's strategy has been since the beginning. Blame boosters and Barney. I have no idea if it will work or if Barney will go along. But anybody that thinks that the University of Mississippi , who has been run by Scruggs, Langston, and others of their ilk, 1 of which I know well, is above paying Barney off to lie or take the blame is naive.

I also know another top guy at Ole Miss. He is a good guy, and thinks it's stupid to give a damn HS kid money to play football. However, he is fighting his ass off to lessen the penalties.

Most here seemed to have a real problem with me knowing 2 big wigs at Ole Miss. All I will say is you can't pick your damn neighbors. I've known them for years.

Excuse me for knowing 2 filthy rich MOFO's who just happen to be Ole Miss fans. I don't have State neighbors who are as connected as these 2.

I wish I did. Would a hell of a lot rather know some.

I would not be shocked at all to see one of my acquaintances named in the letter. I hope he is. Be some good times wearing his ass out

The problem people have is your assumption that the NCAA will not deem Barney or his info credible (despite the fact they interviewed Barney 5 times) and your inference from the articles linked above that smn is "Hinky" and Barney is falling on his sword to protect OM. There is nothing in those articles to support that inference.

Jarius
05-31-2017, 06:25 PM

If ole miss gets the death penalty I will take you out for drinks on me and we can get shitfaced together.

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 06:51 PM
If ole miss gets the death penalty I will take you out for drinks on me and we can get shitfaced together.

Me too, for a whole week

Spiderman
05-31-2017, 06:53 PM
The problem people have is your assumption that the NCAA will not deem Barney or his info credible (despite the fact they interviewed Barney 5 times) and your inference from the articles linked above that smn is "Hinky" and Barney is falling on his sword to protect OM. There is nothing in those articles to support that inference.

Barney has been accused of lying to the NCAA... FACT.

Holler at Rosie if you don't like the idea that the NCAA will not charge something unless they have hard evidence. He has been saying that not me. I'm repeating what he has said

turkish
05-31-2017, 06:54 PM
I just thought of something, where the hell is RougeDawg?

WSOPdawg
05-31-2017, 06:58 PM

I'm with ya on this, Reason. People saying (like Confucius) "just stop with the DP talk" don't realize that we are closer to the DP than not. These TCUN bastards have not only cut their own throat, they made sure to sharpen the blade.

msbulldog
05-31-2017, 07:03 PM

True that. Do you think if he was lying, the NCAA would bring him back 5 times, if some of the info he was giving did not have something substantial to it that they already had evidence of?

Dawgowar
05-31-2017, 07:18 PM
It's too hard to scapegoat Barney when the blame, per the new NCAA matrix, makes Freeze the ultimate one responsible. They won't get off on the old "Freeze didn't know" act.

No lawyer in the history of lawyers has ever talked to a reporter without an agenda for his client in mind. A guess is this is just an attempt to lessen the blow on his client's future. Innocence or guilt for everyone connected to this is likely a foregone conclusion. The NCAA has what it needs. This lawyer is just trying to minimize damage for his client.

And I do hope Barney got a deal and rolled. If he had proof of lies, my oh my.

I seen it dawg
05-31-2017, 07:32 PM
This is ****ing awesome

gravedigger
05-31-2017, 07:44 PM

Barney taking the hit means nothing to anyone but fans reading stories. Barney was an employee of OM. Rouge or accomplice, it doesn't matter. Freeze has been cited as well as their program for LOIC. The NCAA has stated their case. Barney being rouge only allows for the narrative that it wasn't Freeze and the new penalty structure SPECIFICALLY addresses that.

It was always the fault of the HC and AD for not preventing a rouge even if you are dumb enough to believe that crap narrative.

Freeze isn't getting suspended. The NCAA cannot allow that defense at this point. This is not a bad act or couple of bad coaches. It's a culture that is undeniably a black mark on the sport.

That whole administration is about to be made an example of. WHO specifically is to blame is for message boards and blogs.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 07:54 PM
Barney taking the hit means nothing to anyone but fans reading stories. Barney was an employee of OM. Rouge or accomplice, it doesn't matter. Freeze has been cited as well as their program for LOIC. The NCAA has stated their case. Barney being rouge only allows for the narrative that it wasn't Freeze and the new penalty structure SPECIFICALLY addresses that.

It was always the fault of the HC and AD for not preventing a rouge even if you are dumb enough to believe that crap narrative.

Freeze isn't getting suspended. The NCAA cannot allow that defense at this point. This is not a bad act or couple of bad coaches. It's a culture that is undeniably a black mark on the sport.

That whole administration is about to be made an example of. WHO specifically is to blame is for message boards and blogs.

Everyone there knew what was going on and some other crap happened after OM canned BF..... the recruiting violations were still happening when school was out....

WSOPdawg
05-31-2017, 07:57 PM

True, and I might add Barney being rogue also only allows for the narrative that it wasn't Freeze and the new penalty structure will specifically address that.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 08:10 PM
???? Was Freezus at his old tricks left over from his FORMER stint at OM???? ACT Test fraud was.....

Goldendawg
05-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Question? Has the IRS ever become involved in an NCAA case after names were named and $1000's of cash given from a booster to a player or his family has been proven?

lamont
05-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Barney taking the hit means nothing to anyone but fans reading stories. Barney was an employee of OM. Rouge or accomplice, it doesn't matter.

Barney needs to stop wearing make-up

Really Clark?
05-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Question? Has the IRS ever become involved in an NCAA case after names were named and $1000's of cash given from a booster to a player or his family has been proven?

The Albert Means, Logan Young case went before a Federal grand jury with Lynn Lang (Means HS coach) pleading guilty for racketeering conspiracy and the IRS was involved

gravedigger
05-31-2017, 09:00 PM
Barney needs to stop wearing make-up

bull

fits the narrative perfectly. he's a red cheeked collaborator without credibility.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2017, 09:02 PM
???? Was Freezus at his old tricks left over from his FORMER stint at OM???? ACT Test fraud was.....

I've seen rebs on twitter dismissing the ACT stuff as it was under Nutt. Hey rebs, you're going to pay dearly for stuff from the Nutt years.

There's going to be a good chunk of scholarships and some show causes tacked to the wall before they even start in on the Freeze years.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 09:07 PM
I've seen rebs on twitter dismissing the ACT stuff as it was under Nutt. Hey rebs, you're going to pay dearly for stuff from the Nutt years.

There's going to be a good chunk of scholarships and some show causes tacked to the wall before they even start in on the Freeze years.

Nutt seems to think he has been left out... I was wondering if this mess did not go back to Coach O......

Goldendawg
05-31-2017, 09:09 PM
Thanks, Really Clark?, I forgot about the Means case. What's good enough for Bama is good enough for UNM in a case like this.

SailingDawg
05-31-2017, 10:09 PM
WLOX on the coast just covered story as their third or fourth item. Granted it was only using tape of Barney's lawyer, but surprising to see it in Mississippi media.

confucius say
05-31-2017, 10:17 PM
Barney has been accused of lying to the NCAA... FACT.

Holler at Rosie if you don't like the idea that the NCAA will not charge something unless they have hard evidence. He has been saying that not me. I'm repeating what he has said

These are two totally separate issues. Yes, he was accused of giving false info while still employed by om.

I'm not talking about what om will be explicitly charged with. For the record, i don't think there is going to be a list of allegations in the NOA based strictly on info given by BF.

What I do believe is that the NCAA, even knowing BF lied to them while an employee at OM, will listen to his story post termination and use his info to corroborate other info/allegations. Know how I know that? Because they interviewed him 5 times. They didn't keep interviewing him over and over if they deemed him not credible and were not willing to use his info. Holler at Rosie if you don't think the NCAA uses info that may not be strong enough to justify separate allegations to corroborate other info they have learned.

DancingRabbit
05-31-2017, 10:20 PM
Nutt seems to think he has been left out... I was wondering if this mess did not go back to Coach O......

Last year's NOA only went back to 2010. I haven't heard anything to indicate the addendum will address violations prior to Freeze, but you never know.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/05/Allegations-Redacted-5.26.15.pdf

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 10:31 PM
No lawyer in the history of lawyers has ever talked to a reporter without an agenda for his client in mind. A guess is this is just an attempt to lessen the blow on his client's future. Innocence or guilt for everyone connected to this is likely a foregone conclusion. The NCAA has what it needs. This lawyer is just trying to minimize damage for his client.

And I do hope Barney got a deal and rolled. If he had proof of lies, my oh my.

BF should have proof of lies... I hope he has the proof on the boosters donations, bank , Atm and the ACT Fraud.....

yjnkdawg
05-31-2017, 10:38 PM
It will NOT be this week.... Freezus is scheduled for his interview with Finebaum after that time, I believe that it is the LAST interview... according to Finebaum last week. WHEN/IF they release the NOA THEN who will receive a copy of it first -- Rose Bowl?

I just can't see OM releasing it to anybody affiliated with MSU first. If they don't have too. In their mind, I think it would be the worst possible scenario.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 10:39 PM
Last year's NOA only went back to 2010. I haven't heard anything to indicate the addendum will address violations prior to Freeze, but you never know.

http://athleticsworking.wp2.olemiss.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/05/Allegations-Redacted-5.26.15.pdf

The NOA is before August 2015... Heck what I saw happen happened AFTER August 2015.... to the last day of school 2017.

Just tuck this into the back of your mind...... A certain local high school has NEVER had a person recruited for track and field... but did in 2016 by OM... they thought that they would get the boy friend also.

Bucky Dog
05-31-2017, 10:39 PM
He has all of this Spider. Someone can look back at a post from me over a year ago saying Barney has kept records of all the burner phones and a log of the cash he got from boosters, and gave out to players. Barney has their nuts in a gigantic vise!

Barney told anyone who would listen, including a close friend, that he knew from the start what Freeze and the Network was doing and what his role was. He also knew he was put in a position to be the fall guy. He said to my friend over a year ago that if they fire him and try and make him the fall guy, he would bury their ass. He has records.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 10:44 PM
I just can't see OM releasing it to anybody affiliated with MSU first. If they don't have too. In their mind, I think it would be the worst possible scenario.

Since Rose Bowl filed the request for information OM should have to release the NOAs, as per the agreement of the attorneys, to Rose Bowl..... :rolleyes:
Please know that the MS Ethic's Commission meets the 1st Friday of each month at 10:00 am.

yjnkdawg
05-31-2017, 11:00 PM
Since Rose Bowl filed the request for information OM should have to release the NOAs, as per the agreement of the attorneys, to Rose Bowl..... :rolleyes:
Please know that the MS Ethic's Commission meets the 1st Friday of each month at 10:00 am.

OM could still release it to Rose Bowl on the date that was approved. However, I don't see anything from preventing OM from releasing the documents to whomever they wished prior to that date, if it was not someone who had also made a public records request. May not happen , but with that bunch you never know.

Mimi's Babies
05-31-2017, 11:09 PM
OM could still release it to Rose Bowl on the date that was approved. However, I don't see anything from preventing OM from releasing the documents to whomever they wished prior to that date, if it was not someone who had also made a public records request. May not happen , but with that bunch you never know.

My understanding, is that Freezus is the last interview on Finebaum on the last day of the SEC Coaches meetings... I do not see them giving anything to anyone before then.

JoseBrown
05-31-2017, 11:19 PM

I think I know this one as well, at least he shares the exact description...

Dawgpile
05-31-2017, 11:42 PM

I think I might speak for the masses... We'll all have a drink to that!

Reason2succeed
05-31-2017, 11:48 PM

Sorry but I'm in AA. No more sh!tface for me but you are more than welcome.

But don't worry about congratulating me because when OM gets the DP I will be on here like

http://p.fod4.com/upload/aff3567c9abaad4b798a350dc1e1b1a3/WQ20OmDnTKu3eX9JwGtC_Ultimate%20Warrior%20Ropes%20 Quick.gif

somebodyshotmypaw
06-01-2017, 06:34 AM
So is the NCAA going to just accept the self-imposed penalties? ****

Spiderman
06-01-2017, 07:12 AM

If i read OM's response letter to the EC they said they were releasing it publicly that week ( which I still think they try to dodge it somehow). The EC then tabled Rosies request.

They will more than likely put it on a web page like last time...... and make sure the server goes down, probably.

I hope they trot out Morgan Freeman to read it in another low budget video like they did in Febuary

Dawgology
06-01-2017, 07:56 AM
I'm with ya on this, Reason. People saying (like Confucius) "just stop with the DP talk" don't realize that we are closer to the DP than not. These TCUN bastards have not only cut their own throat, they made sure to sharpen the blade.

And why would we STOP talking about it as MSU fans??? If the shoe were on the other foot Ole Miss would be crowing it from the rooftops and they would have pushed that script to every news outlet that would listen. It makes NO sense to not put that out there every chance we have. And, regardless of what some of ya'll think or have been told by Ole Miss folks, the DP is on the table. Don't think for a second that heavy hitters in the SEC and NCAA are not pushing for it to happen.

MadDawg
06-01-2017, 08:26 AM
And why would we STOP talking about it as MSU fans??? If the shoe were on the other foot Ole Miss would be crowing it from the rooftops and they would have pushed that script to every news outlet that would listen.

Oh and lets be clear here. Those news outlets, you know the ones that won't touch this OM/NCAA story with a ten foot pole, yeah, they'd be writing a story EVERY 17ING DAY if it was us. We wouldn't get a commitment from a 2-star 135 lb linebacker without an article written pointing out that we are soon to be on probation. And all the speculation of the DP? Wouldn't be just message board talk, it would be the headline on the Clarion Ledger.

Reason2succeed
06-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Rep given to Dawgology and MadDawg. See I spread it around!!!

Spiderman
06-01-2017, 08:33 AM
And why would we STOP talking about it as MSU fans??? If the shoe were on the other foot Ole Miss would be crowing it from the rooftops and they would have pushed that script to every news outlet that would listen. It makes NO sense to not put that out there every chance we have. And, regardless of what some of ya'll think or have been told by Ole Miss folks, the DP is on the table. Don't think for a second that heavy hitters in the SEC and NCAA are not pushing for it to happen.

I just don't see in any shape, form, fashion, or circumstances where the the SEC wants any member to get the DP.

That to me would be insane.

Political Hack
06-01-2017, 08:40 AM
He has all of this Spider. Someone can look back at a post from me over a year ago saying Barney has kept records of all the burner phones and a log of the cash he got from boosters, and gave out to players. Barney has their nuts in a gigantic vise!

Barney told anyone who would listen, including a close friend, that he knew from the start what Freeze and the Network was doing and what his role was. He also knew he was put in a position to be the fall guy. He said to my friend over a year ago that if they fire him and try and make him the fall guy, he would bury their ass. He has records.

If this is accurate, it's the death blow. The good news is it'll give them plenty of time to figure out how to rebrand their team. By the time they take the field again, they'll be the Mississippi Black Bears and Col Reb will be an antique of the past.

lamont
06-01-2017, 08:42 AM
I just don't see in any shape, form, fashion, or circumstances where the the SEC wants any member to get the DP.

Chance to get Oklahoma into the SEC and bury the Big 12

Dawgology
06-01-2017, 08:47 AM

Amongst many other things. The member institutes (in regards to athletic programs) do not see other athletic programs as team mates. They see them as business rivals. From an academic standpoint...sure. But the DP doesn't impact academics as much as it does an athletic department. In fact, at most universities those two things are almost entirely seperate.

Bubb Rubb
06-01-2017, 08:47 AM

This. As nice as it is to think about, Ole Miss ain't getting a death penalty. It kinda makes us look silly to even speculate that it's possible.

Besides 4/40 with a 2 year bowl ban and a Freeze show cause ruling would probably be more crippling. They're going to be wandering in the wilderness for the better part of a decade.

Negative Waves
06-01-2017, 08:52 AM

I could see a scenario where they would want to get them kicked out. The SEC doesn't need two schools in one of the lowest populated states. Replace UM with say NC State and the SEC would be in much better shape financially due to gaining NC in the tv market. Plus, the conference doesn't have to deal with a fan base stuck in the 1860's.

Really Clark?
06-01-2017, 08:59 AM
This. As nice as it is to think about, Ole Miss ain't getting a death penalty. It kinda makes us look silly to even speculate that it's possible.

Besides 4/40 with a 2 year bowl ban and a Freeze show cause ruling would probably be more crippling. They're going to be wandering in the wilderness for the better part of a decade.

I agree with your first paragraph mostly. For me it has to do with the fact there is no repeat offender triggered or a scandal outside of the infractions, like with Penn St when the COI admitted they discussed the death penalty. They are not going to deviate from the by-laws without just cause.

I do disagree with the second paragraph about any penalty structure being more crippling than the death penalty. For a P5 football program to get DP, in would cripple the entire athletic department and with SMU it hurt them academically as well for several years. Student numbers and donors both dropped.

Mimi's Babies
06-01-2017, 09:09 AM

I am NOT sure about the DP.... But OM may WISH they had been given the DP.... instead of the noose that is about to hang them.
There will be more than freezus with the show cause (s).....

Reason2succeed
06-01-2017, 09:23 AM

You may not see it now (through your blue and red sunglasses) but after OM gets popped by the NCAA they will provide almost no value to the SEC for the next 5-10 years while their football program is in ruins. They will basically be the University of Memphis South.

Furthermore they will be the SMU of college football, the dirtiest program in the NCAA, and the SEC will be seen as harboring the criminal.

Political Hack
06-01-2017, 09:53 AM
I could see a scenario where they would want to get them kicked out. The SEC doesn't need two schools in one of the lowest populated states. Replace UM with say NC State and the SEC would be in much better shape financially due to gaining NC in the tv market. Plus, the conference doesn't have to deal with a fan base stuck in the 1860's.

And within that state, do you want the larger, more progressive school or the smaller school with a reputation for protecting old south imagery.

I didn't use a question mark, because it's not really a question.

confucius say
06-01-2017, 10:16 AM

As long as you understand it's not going to happen, talk about it all you want. Just no reason to get your hopes up to be let down. And you lose credibility when you predict things that don't happen

confucius say
06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Oh and lets be clear here. Those news outlets, you know the ones that won't touch this OM/NCAA story with a ten foot pole, yeah, they'd be writing a story EVERY 17ING DAY if it was us. We wouldn't get a commitment from a 2-star 135 lb linebacker without an article written pointing out that we are soon to be on probation. And all the speculation of the DP? Wouldn't be just message board talk, it would be the headline on the Clarion Ledger.

And after the sanction they'll prob write that OM avoids death penalty, msu fans wrong on prediction.

lamont
06-01-2017, 10:18 AM
I've only seen 1 or 2 actually "predict" the DP

confucius say
06-01-2017, 10:22 AM

That's all it takes for all of us to be painted with a broad brush. Same way the right proclaims all democrats are Elizabeth warren and the left proclaims all GOP are ted Cruz.

Dawgology
06-01-2017, 10:26 AM
That's all it takes for all of us to be painted with a broad brush. Same way the right proclaims all democrats are Elizabeth warren and the left proclaims all GOP are ted Cruz.

I doubt the media stories will be about what a few fans predicted that might happen on a message board. Of course...if they do get the DP then we look brilliant. You know if they don't they will eventually right? The NCAA is trying to make and example here and if the cheating continues after that there will be an Apocalypse that is visited upon Ole Miss.

confucius say
06-01-2017, 10:30 AM
I doubt the media stories will be about what a few fans predicted that might happen on a message board. Of course...if they do get the DP then we look brilliant. You know if they don't they will eventually right? The NCAA is trying to make and example here and if the cheating continues after that there will be an Apocalypse that is visited upon Ole Miss.

I hope you are right

Jarius
06-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Sorry but I'm in AA. No more sh!tface for me but you are more than welcome.

But don't worry about congratulating me because when OM gets the DP I will be on here like

http://p.fod4.com/upload/aff3567c9abaad4b798a350dc1e1b1a3/WQ20OmDnTKu3eX9JwGtC_Ultimate%20Warrior%20Ropes%20 Quick.gif

If they get the DP I will probably end up in AA myself.

Dawgbite
06-01-2017, 10:50 AM
As long as you understand it's not going to happen, talk about it all you want. Just no reason to get your hopes up to be let down. And you lose credibility when you predict things that don't happen

It's the week before Christmas and we are all 9-10 year olds. The possibilities are endless right now. Quit putting socks under the tree!

QuadrupleOption
06-01-2017, 01:10 PM
And after the sanction they'll prob write that OM avoids death penalty, msu fans wrong on prediction.

Well based on all the smoke around continuing recruiting violations and the NCAA not being done with them, I don't think they're going to stop until they do enough to get a death penalty.

Dawgpile
06-01-2017, 02:24 PM

Funny you mention that... I've been reading a multi-year thread on OU's 'Landthieves' website about realignment and the forces in play around it and the B12. The chatter has ebbed and flowed, but has really picked up again lately. Something may be in the works and could possibly relate to the OM's looming demise.

Reason2succeed
06-01-2017, 02:58 PM
How many of you hat don't think the DP is a consideration live outside of MS? I ask because away from MS you realize that no one likes OM anyway. Giving them the DP will help the NCAA is many way. He NCAA gets to say they grown a pair by hammering a "big time" college football program, a SEC school, and the bastion for southern racist symbolism. It's a win win.

smootness
06-01-2017, 03:08 PM
How many of you hat don't think the DP is a consideration live outside of MS? I ask because away from MS you realize that no one likes OM anyway. Giving them the DP will help the NCAA is many way. He NCAA gets to say they grown a pair by hammering a "big time" college football program, a SEC school, and the bastion for southern racist symbolism. It's a win win.

I'm from outside MS and don't think there's any chance OM gets the death penalty.

turkish
06-01-2017, 03:46 PM
+1

Perception on local sports radio in Red Stick is that they haven't really done anything out of the ordinary, just got sloppy and got caught. Nothing pushing for or considering the DP. I don't read the Rant, so not sure what they say.

Mimi's Babies
06-01-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm from outside MS and don't think there's any chance OM gets the death penalty.

OM will wish they had received the death penalty.....

Mimi's Babies
06-01-2017, 04:21 PM
So is the NCAA going to just accept the self-imposed penalties? ****

No way in hell.... NCAA is going to give them dawg bite and there won't be any pants left.... it is coming....

Homedawg
06-01-2017, 04:38 PM
OM will wish they had received the death penalty.....

This is just silly

yjnkdawg
06-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Anybody who says something is on the table, at this point in time, is just speculating. Now if word actually came from the NCAA, then that would be a different story.

Bubb Rubb
06-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Think about what happened at Penn State. That's about as bad as you can get - and they didn't get the death penalty. It was discussed, but that was it. And don't forget the pressure the NCAA was under to act swiftly and without prejudice against Penn State because of the nature of the infractions.

Ole Miss embraces the culture of corruption, and they are going to get hammered for it. But they aren't getting the death penalty. Now, if the corruption continues after they've been hammered, then the repeat offender clause comes into play and it could be a consideration.

Mimi's Babies
06-01-2017, 05:05 PM
This is just silly

NCAA can make the penalties worse than the death penalty. OM should just STOP with the recruiting violations yet, they refuse... Keep the money flowing OM...

Doesn't anything that has happened since 2016 come into play and would be considered continued corruption?

Spiderman
06-01-2017, 05:26 PM
You may not see it now (through your blue and red sunglasses) but after OM gets popped by the NCAA they will provide almost no value to the SEC for the next 5-10 years while their football program is in ruins. They will basically be the University of Memphis South.

Furthermore they will be the SMU of college football, the dirtiest program in the NCAA, and the SEC will be seen as harboring the criminal.

Oh, look everybody, it's a new Angie.

Spiderman
06-01-2017, 05:27 PM

A-Fing-Men

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2017, 05:32 PM

I don't think anyone really believes they'll get the DP, but the truth is that their shenanigans won't stop unless it's given.

I think that's what most people mean. No one expects the DP, but you can bet your ass they won't stop cheating unless it's handed down. Sanctions don't destroy cultures of corruption.

Reason2succeed
06-01-2017, 11:40 PM
What's with all this trying to gain credibility? With who?!? If you don't understand by now that whatever you say to a Reb will be wrong in their eyes then you are pretty slow. OM fans will always find something to criticize or gloat. *****footing around is not going to change that one bit. Some of you have been hypnotized by their spin.

Mimi's Babies
06-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Evidently their shenanigans did NOT stop after BF was terminated.
Am I surprised -- not in the least... Why can't OM and their Boosters STOP Corrupting our children?

Dangling the carrots (ie. "Dollar Bills") in front of the parents who can't afford to put food on the table of their children. So you entice the parents to except the gift ie. money, food, clothing rent, house notes, electric bills, an education, a car/truck, elaborate gifts that they cannot even pay the taxes on much less the tags and insurance.

So lets entice the parents to sell their children's souls to hell. No other words for it. I thought that bondage was illegal. Take a read through the Bible and see what it says about selling children.

Psst.... the tsun "jock sniffing boosters" should be banned for life from all anything OM and the high schools were they were camped out at.

nashLA
06-02-2017, 10:58 AM

I've noticed the last few weeks that my browser will sometimes repeatedly load the same page over and over. When I looked at my back-button, it showed well over 30 hits on that page within about a minute. Could account for the excessive page views when multipied across multiple users.