PDA

View Full Version : At first it was kind of cool having USM fans but then they all turned out to be dicks

Jack Lambert
05-30-2017, 07:23 PM
I wonder how many of them were really Ole Miss dicks? Even when we played them in football what few were pretty cool.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2017, 07:26 PM
I wonder how many of them were really Ole Miss dicks? Even when we played them in football what few were pretty cool.

After perusing their board....pretty sure they were all USM fans. Ole Miss is too depressed right now to pretend to be USM fans. That would just remind them that USM & MSU are in Regionals and they aren't.

Click an ad though, Buzzards & Bearzzards

SouthMSDog
05-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Lived in Hattiesburg for 19 years, best friends with Corky Palmer's nephew - I truly support Southern Miss baseball and the job Corky did making the program relevant.

But their 6,284 fans are the absolute worst. They have the worst little brother syndrome in the country, bc not only are they a little fish, they are a little fish in a little pond. Anything against State or Ole Miss is their World Series/Super Bowl/NBA Finals. Maybe back in the 90's they had a point on football, but they refuse to see the death spiral that G5 conference schools (Not named Houston or maybe even Memphis are in).

Baseball is the equalizer in sports as it doesn't require a lot of money to good (though it still helps), but no matter how much I compliment their team and tell them they should be favorites in this regional all they want to do is talk shit. I like USM baseball, went to their series against FAU, hang out in the roost (which is fun but is about 15% of the lounge's greatness), but bc I will wear maroon this wknd they will be utter and complete dicks right out of the blue. They WILL NEVER say a positive word about State.

Todd4State
05-30-2017, 07:48 PM
There is a reason why I think we should only play them in baseball in Jackson every year. A regional is a regional and the choice is to go or turn it down I guess- and I would never be for that even if the regional was to Oxford.

But to be honest- I don't like the idea of playing them in Hattiesburg to open the season next year or them opening up in Starkville in 2019.

I don't complain about it too much because I'm actually OK playing them home/home in football one every 5-6 years or so and I know some of our fans don't like that.

I know that sounds odd on the surface- but we've just had too many incidents from them over the years down there and that's why we haven't played there since I think 2010 or so. I mean, these clowns tried to have Ron Polk arrested for arguing with an umpire during a baseball game. The funny part about that was Polk allegedly held out his hands to the police officer and told him "Go ahead". I guess the police officer thought better of it.

Todd4State
05-30-2017, 07:50 PM
After perusing their board....pretty sure they were all USM fans. Ole Miss is too depressed right now to pretend to be USM fans. That would just remind them that USM & MSU are in Regionals and they aren't.

Apparently they're not too depressed to pretend like they are commitments from Baseball HOF's children though.

Dawg61
05-30-2017, 08:04 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Billy-D_Approves.gif

Leeshouldveflanked
05-30-2017, 08:06 PM
If I was AD we would never play them in any sport after what they did to Polk that time...not to mention if we hadn't agreed to play them in football a few years back, they may not even have D1 athletics now... USM should get on their knees and thank every MSU fan they meet.

yjnkdawg
05-30-2017, 08:12 PM

I llke the title Bearzzards.

AlSwearengen
05-30-2017, 08:14 PM
If I was AD we would never play them in any sport after what they did to Polk that time...not to mention if we hadn't agreed to play them in football a few years back, they may not even have D1 athletics now... USM should get on their knees and thank every MSU fan they meet.

I was about to post this. When the cop went after Polk, that would have been the end of the welfare.

Srt201
05-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Are you really shocked though?

BuckyIsAB****
05-30-2017, 08:15 PM
I'd love to play USM the way we used to every year in football. Keeps the money in state and reminds them who they are. Brett Favre is gone. (We beat him too)

Liverpooldawg
05-30-2017, 08:31 PM

You didn't pay much attention. USM fans have ALWAYS been this way. The only way we should ever play them in anything is if we have to in NCAA regionals and such. Then they can go back to being LSU fans even more than they already are.

gravedigger
05-30-2017, 09:27 PM
I was about to post this. When the cop went after Polk, that would have been the end of the welfare.

I never heard that story

Jack Lambert
05-30-2017, 10:22 PM
After perusing their board

That took what 30 seconds.

Skydawg1
05-30-2017, 10:32 PM
Ole Miss is too depressed right now to pretend to be USM fans.

Ole Miss just won a Natty in men's golf (individual) so get outta here with that depressed shit.

Thick
05-30-2017, 10:34 PM
How bad did we beat them in basketball this year? They were AWFUL!!

Dawg61
05-30-2017, 10:52 PM
How bad did we beat them in basketball this year? They were AWFUL!!

Haha I forgot about this, we beat them 86-44

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400910729

Todd4State
05-30-2017, 10:59 PM
I never heard that story

If you read my post above- that's pretty much what happened. He argued a call and then all of a sudden one of their rent a cops went on the field while Polk was arguing and tried to arrest him. The only thing I didn't add was the USM AD Richard Giannini and Corky Palmer apologized to Polk and I want to say Byrne was the AD at the time but it certainly could have been LT.

Basically it made USM look like a total bush league outfit and the cop look incredibly out of touch with reality.

msbulldog
05-31-2017, 05:40 AM
This week and all their crap post have brought back a lot of bad memories that I had out away. I hope we never schedule them again in anything.

Jarius
05-31-2017, 07:56 AM
Lived in Hattiesburg for 19 years, best friends with Corky Palmer's nephew - I truly support Southern Miss baseball and the job Corky did making the program relevant.

But their 6,284 fans are the absolute worst. They have the worst little brother syndrome in the country, bc not only are they a little fish, they are a little fish in a little pond. Anything against State or Ole Miss is their World Series/Super Bowl/NBA Finals. Maybe back in the 90's they had a point on football, but they refuse to see the death spiral that G5 conference schools (Not named Houston or maybe even Memphis are in).

Baseball is the equalizer in sports as it doesn't require a lot of money to good (though it still helps), but no matter how much I compliment their team and tell them they should be favorites in this regional all they want to do is talk shit. I like USM baseball, went to their series against FAU, hang out in the roost (which is fun but is about 15% of the lounge's greatness), but bc I will wear maroon this wknd they will be utter and complete dicks right out of the blue. They WILL NEVER say a positive word about State.

We are playing in a regional where we are the only P5 team in the regional. Yea, USM had a good year, but they would have not made a Regional had they played in the SEC. We are the best team in this regional by far and if we play to our potential we will sweep the regional. They are capable of beating us if we don't pitch well though, and that has been an issue lately. I think most people around the country expect us to be in Baton Rougue next week and they should.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2017, 08:01 AM
We are playing in a regional where we are the only P5 team in the regional. Yea, USM had a good year, but they would have not made a Regional had they played in the SEC. We are the best team in this regional by far and if we play to our potential we will sweep the regional. They are capable of beating us if we don't pitch well though, and that has been an issue lately. I think most people around the country expect us to be in Baton Rougue next week and they should.

To help prove your point they are 1-3 against the SEC. Beat us and lost to Ole Miss twice and Bama once. Ironically we are 7-0 against those two.

Ari Gold
05-31-2017, 08:18 AM
It's ****ing Southern Miss... who gives a shit.

Political Hack
05-31-2017, 08:56 AM

Ole Miss fans aren't pretending anymore. They know they have to find a new school to cheer for, for the next decade.

MadDawg
05-31-2017, 09:08 AM
One positive is that Cannizaro doesn't seem to argue much with the umpires, so the Hattiesburg SWAT team should have a boring night.

Pedro Cerrano
05-31-2017, 12:38 PM
To help prove your point they are 1-3 against the SEC. Beat us and lost to Ole Miss twice and Bama once. Ironically we are 7-0 against those two.

What is State's record against CUSA.

What was USM's record against those teams?

"To help prove your point..."

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-31-2017, 01:02 PM

Let's start there.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2017, 01:34 PM

Look it up.

Jarius
05-31-2017, 01:40 PM

Not sure. We let about 4 pitchers that have not swung a bat since high school get cuts against the 3 seed sunbelt champ though. We don't give a shit about midweek games against nobodies from shitty conferences similar to yours. Good luck this weekend. You're going to need it to win your own regional.

Pedro Cerrano
05-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Look it up.

Oh I know what it is.

I was just hoping that you would just so that you would notice the irony and feel like a dumbass.

Pedro Cerrano
05-31-2017, 01:57 PM
Not sure. We let about 4 pitchers that have not swung a bat since high school get cuts against the 3 seed sunbelt champ though. We don't give a shit about midweek games against nobodies from shitty conferences similar to yours. Good luck this weekend. You're going to need it to win your own regional.

I'm not the one that said weekend games matter, buddy.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-31-2017, 01:58 PM
Oh I know what it is.

I was just hoping that you would just so that you would notice the irony and feel like a dumbass.

O shit we are 2-3 against USM, Memphis, Florida something and La Tech. Were ****ed this weekend.

You fair weather bastards should beat the brakes off of us this weekend. Our Friday starter is a converted first baseman, we only have 7-8 busch league relievers to roll out there each weekend, we will most likely give you first base at least 10 times per game, our closer is still injured (I think), we're not that good this year, you are having the best season in Southern Miss baseball history, and your fans are so excited they literally have no control over what flows from their fingertips to social media for the world to see.

After all of this, it still wouldn't surprise me if you screwed it up and let us win.

Dawg61
05-31-2017, 02:06 PM

I wonder how many times since the CWS started in 1947 has USM been to Omaha? Once is the correct answer. This is only the second time ever y'all have hosted a regional and we all can tell.

Jarius
05-31-2017, 02:11 PM

What are you talking about? Of course weekend games matter. Especially in our conference. That's the entire point. We play teams in your league for rest games. The banners that you hang on your stadiums when you win conference championships are won against midweek horse shit teams to us that we don't take seriously or care about. The midweek teams that you play against from our conference are RPI boosters for you and your chance to prove that you're not just a redheaded step child.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-31-2017, 02:24 PM
What are you talking about? Of course weekend games matter. Especially in our conference. That's the entire point. We play teams in your league for rest games. The banners that you hang on your stadiums when you win conference championships are won against midweek horse shit teams to us that we don't take seriously or care about. The midweek teams that you play against from our conference are RPI boosters for you and your chance to prove that you're not just a redheaded step child.

Our guys are going to be bored shitless this weekend.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-31-2017, 02:44 PM

Damn! Mississippi Southern fans, that is how you talk smack.

Jack Lambert
05-31-2017, 03:09 PM
Oh I know what it is.

I would rather feel like a dumb ass then be a dumb ass. Dumb Ass. Can I have your vcash before the banned.

IMissJack
05-31-2017, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=SouthMSDog;753009]They have the worst little brother syndrome in the country, bc not only are they a little fish, they are a little fish in a little pond. Anything against State or Ole Miss is their World Series/Super Bowl/NBA Finals. QUOTE]

This all day. A few years ago, I was at a car dealership here in Houston, looking around. One of the salesmen (young kid) found out I went to MSU (I was probably wearing something MSU) and proceeded to explain to me that he was from USM, and why USM was better than MSU. Hopefully this young man has realized you don't talk really stupid shit, that everyone else in the building does not believe to a potential customer, until the deal is done. But, I doubt he was smart enough to learn this.

Bama_Dawg
05-31-2017, 07:37 PM
They keep pulling this crap with tickets. First it was when we went there a couple of years ago in FB. They sold MSU all upper deck tickets. If you wanted something better you had to buy season USM tickets (which were like 100 bucks). Now they pull this crap for the regionals. I think the NCAA just couldn't in their mind justify giving us a regional. Although we'd rake in the money for them.

My wife went there, and I get her fired up by telling her that her school is backwards, they don't even know alphabetical order. USM, nah, MSU, that's right.

Makes her mad...not sure why tho...

Choctaw Dawg
05-31-2017, 10:29 PM
USM has more of a little sister syndrome than little brother. I'd say about 60% of the People that attend that university are women and all those women end up Marrying MSU/OM/LSU grads and fall off of the USM train themselves. Which then leaves the insecure males with the "we're better than you attitude" and still can't let go of the fact Brett Farve is a alumni.

KB549
06-01-2017, 05:32 AM
Thinking about going to the game Friday, but my GPS is having trouble finding NITChampsville, MS. Looked for Points of Interest and The Rock doesn't show up either. I think I found something that will get me close on the PETA page. They have a Cruelty To Animals Registry. Sorted by death causes and found "Death by Starvation." Google Earth shows the coordinates to what looks like a really large empty batting cage (netting). They've really let that batting cage go to pot. Trees have grown up in there. They could turn it into a bird cage of some sort.**