PDA

View Full Version : Ticket & USM fan insecurity questions

CadaverDawg
05-30-2017, 04:39 PM
Surely all the USM fans aren't going to stick around for our game Friday night....hell, most won't show up for their game Friday afternoon. That being said,in your opinion what are my odds of walking up Friday at 4:30-5:00 and getting a ticket outside?

StubHub has tickets at like $100+ per ticket, which I wouldn't pay to sit in their dugout.

They're claiming it's already a sellout, but are they really willing to have a half empty stadium on opening night Bc their fans are too proud to sell their bought up tickets to State fans?

Go look at their boards. They are more excited about keeping State fans out than they are hosting the Regional. If you want to be a respected program, you got to get over your inferiority complex and be a gracious host to big programs. Boxing State fans out will only draw in negative attention and make you look foolish. "Smart" would be to move bleachers in and invite as many MSU fans as possible and make a fortune. We didn't gain our reputation by keeping big schools' fans out....we developed it by being gracious hosts and inviting more in. Their fan base is going to waste a great opportunity to take a step forward just by being insecure. You want to gain national pub, invite MSU fans in to go along with a big USM crowd, and create a badass atmosphere.

Cooterpoot
05-30-2017, 04:42 PM
You'll be able to get them but they're going to be high and in demand. USM fans are going to fill it up. You'll be surprised at how many stick around.

shoeless joe
05-30-2017, 05:10 PM
What's going to be funny is when I'm sitting next to a southern fan all decked out in mustard buzzard gear at their regional...then when we advance to the supers and I'm sitting next to the same guy, this time decked out in tigah gear!!

CadaverDawg
05-30-2017, 05:49 PM
Here's an example of how all of their fans are acting...

https://i.imgflip.com/1pzvft.jpg

Drugdog
05-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Sad. Really sad. You 10 fans are a pathetic group. This is WHY you are what you are.

Bully13
05-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Pic of an ugly infant crying would be appropriate at this juncture. And despite what you think or have been told, not all babies are cute and beautiful. All are gifts from God but ugly people have relations too.

DownwardDawg
05-30-2017, 06:19 PM
Wow. such loser mentality. Yeah, we never did anything to help them like playing them home and home two years in a row.

notsofarawaydawg
05-30-2017, 06:20 PM
According to a story on WCBI.COM, the regional is SOLD OUT already.

Link to story (http://www.wcbi.com/southern-miss-announces-hattiesburg-regional-sold/)

starkvegasdawg
05-30-2017, 06:36 PM
If they're tired of being the laughing stock quit acting like one.

Drugdog
05-30-2017, 06:59 PM
Hey Buzzards, Reality check. You are the laughing stock and there is nothing you can do to change it. Sucks to be you.

msbulldog
05-30-2017, 07:00 PM
I'll be damned if those M17's make any money off of me, I'll sit and laugh at their half empty stadium on TV.

Drugdog
05-30-2017, 07:03 PM
I'll be damned if those M17's make any money off of me, I'll sit and laugh at their half empty stadium on TV.

Me too.

Drugdog
05-30-2017, 07:04 PM

Plus Mustard colored Polyester makes me nauseous.

basedog
05-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Poly Tech U!

They can't help themselves!

Jack Lambert
05-30-2017, 07:25 PM
According to a story on WCBI.COM, the regional is SOLD OUT already.

Link to story (http://www.wcbi.com/southern-miss-announces-hattiesburg-regional-sold/)

First sell out in any sports since the last time Miss State came to town. Are we keeping them afloat?

BrunswickDawg
05-30-2017, 07:39 PM
If they're tired of being the laughing stock quit acting like one.
They forgot to feed their own ****ing mascot. They will always be a laughing stock. Not a damn thing they can do about it.

SouthMSDog
05-30-2017, 07:45 PM
They forgot to feed their own ****ing mascot. They will always be a laughing stock. Not a damn thing they can do about it.

That is the most Southern Miss story ever... Not only did they not feed him, the bird was a hand me down from Auburn and the autopsy was performed by who other than Mississippi State.

Todd4State
05-30-2017, 07:53 PM
That is the most Southern Miss story ever... Not only did they not feed him, the bird was a hand me down from Auburn and the autopsy was performed by who other than Mississippi State.

I remember when that happened they blamed some MSU fan for shooting and killing it with a bb gun. And then we find out the truth was they didn't feed their bird.

Dawg61
05-30-2017, 08:00 PM

Haha omg I have never heard this story, please explain further

BrunswickDawg
05-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Haha omg I have never heard this story, please explain further
Deadspin gets to the bottom of the "Who killed Nugget II" mystery. http://deadspin.com/who-killed-nugget-ii-solving-the-death-of-southern-mis-5983033

Dawg61
05-30-2017, 08:16 PM
It is sad that USM is using this regional opportunity to try to stick it to us when they should instead embrace us and show off their school on national tv and shatter their previous attendance records. They should be throwing a giant party and trying to pack the stadium twice over. Have the biggest tailgate and cookout Hattiesburg has ever seen. Show off the local restaurants and craft beer places etc.. SHOW OFF YOUR SCHOOL AND CITY YOU ****ING RETARDS!! This is your opportunity to really shine and instead you're more interested in serving State fans shitburgers. This is why you're little little bro in this State USM.

yjnkdawg
05-30-2017, 08:18 PM

Is it on tv? If the weather doesn't cooperate, then that could help make that stadium more emptier.

Dawg61
05-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Deadspin gets to the bottom of the "Who killed Nugget II" mystery. http://deadspin.com/who-killed-nugget-ii-solving-the-death-of-southern-mis-5983033

Jesus what kind of sick ****s let their own damn mascot starve to death, this is a new low even for that bunch, I am disgusted...but laughing...be ashamed of yourselves Nugget killers

Todd4State
05-30-2017, 08:28 PM

Am I the only one who noticed the "DO NOT FEED NUGGET" sign in the picture of Nugget?

SailingDawg
05-30-2017, 08:40 PM
My daughter's boss sold his four tickets to Friday night's game for $150 EACH. I think he paid $100 for the whole weekend.

BrunswickDawg
05-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Am I the only one who noticed the "DO NOT FEED NUGGET" sign in the picture of Nugget?
Guess they took that a little too literally.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
05-30-2017, 09:15 PM
First sell out in any sports since the last time Miss State came to town. Are we keeping them afloat?

We are keeping them afloat and holding them down.... makes sense. To them it's always been "poor little us being held down by the big boys". We have literally done nothing but help their athletic program out, and provide them with sell outs. We didn't have to do that, but we did. Look, this is the first time USM has been this excited about anything since Brett Favre was drafted. They are even more excited about this than they were when we played them in football. They are only required to give up 200 tickets to the opposing team and it looks like they are going to follow through with that. They don't want it to be 50% maroon in that place and give us an advantage. We screwed ourselves in the last few weeks of the season, and this is what happens. I get it.... but I don't like it.

Drugdog
05-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Way to go Metro!

Dawgs empty trophy case
05-30-2017, 09:41 PM
Surely all the USM fans aren't going to stick around for our game Friday night..

OH HELL YES THEY ARE!...And i know that for a fact. I know many Golden Eagles and they told me their fans have circulated emails and facebook posts and posts on their message boards to all fans attending the first game telling them to stay for the USA Game and cheer for the Jags. And the response was overwhelming they would stay. Not only that, but their Eagle Horn they have in the Roost will be used too....and let me tell you, that thing is LOUD! you'll be outnumbered at your own game 3 to 1 EASILY.

bulldogcountry1
05-30-2017, 09:49 PM

I think it's hilarious that they are going out of their way to try to keep us out. If they took 30 seconds to consider how many State fans are just itching to come there and spend money, they would welcome us with open arms.

CadaverDawg
05-30-2017, 09:54 PM
OH HELL YES THEY ARE!...And i know that for a fact. I know many Golden Eagles and they told me their fans have circulated emails and facebook posts and posts on their message boards to all fans attending the first game telling them to stay for the USA Game and cheer for the Jags. And the response was overwhelming they would stay. Not only that, but their Eagle Horn they have in the Roost will be used too....and let me tell you, that thing is LOUD! you'll be outnumbered at your own game 3 to 1 EASILY.

https://media.tenor.co/images/f4f6a908df00c2f36a0aab9509c11b27/tenor.gif

basedog
05-30-2017, 10:02 PM

This ain't Msu Baseball 1st rodeo dude, believe me we want be intimated by Usm wanna be fans.

I laugh at the thought a few Poly Tech fans cheer on a South Alabama team! Blow that damn horn and maybe your 10 fans yell charge! What a joke!

Dawg61
05-30-2017, 10:05 PM

Y'all are more concerned with us than your game. Careful that might just bite y'all in the ass. Anyone got a link to a UIC board if they exist.

Commercecomet24
05-30-2017, 10:22 PM

Yeah because we never play in front of hostile or noisy crowds*************
Y'all really are a delusional, inferiority laden bunch aren't you? Smh

Jack Lambert
05-30-2017, 10:24 PM
I think there is a good chance there will be plenty of tickets Sunday. Cheap!

RationalEagle
05-30-2017, 11:52 PM
It is sad that USM is using this regional opportunity to try to stick it to us when they should instead embrace us and show off their school on national tv and shatter their previous attendance records. They should be throwing a giant party and trying to pack the stadium twice over. Have the biggest tailgate and cookout Hattiesburg has ever seen. Show off the local restaurants and craft beer places etc.. SHOW OFF YOUR SCHOOL AND CITY YOU ****ING RETARDS!! This is your opportunity to really shine and instead you're more interested in serving State fans shitburgers. This is why you're little little bro in this State USM.

USM fan here with some thoughts. I tend to agree that it is unfortunate how the USM fans and university have gone about this regional. Ticket sales have been a nightmare unless you give big money to the school. (I attend nearly every home game and didn't even have a chance to get tickets). I understand that many of you hate us and it is probably justified based on how some of our fans act but as a fan I can also understand their anger. Yes we are the little brother. No I do not expect to beat State in everything and honestly we shouldn't considering the difference in our budgets and resources. But baseball is our chance to compete with some of the best in the country. We may not have the SEC talent that you guys do and we may not have played in the SEC but it does not mean that we are not a good team. We know our stadium is small for your standards but it suits us just fine except for rare occasions(like this weekend). I hate seeing our fanbases bash each other over nonsense because this is such a great opportunity to showcase the great college baseball in Mississippi. We both have great teams and either one is capable of winning this regional. You can be the big brother just let us enjoy our team's success this year. I look forward to an awesome weekend and hope you all can make it down to Hattiesburg and for those of you that don't have tickets do not worry because I'm in the same boat as you. I will of course be rooting for my buzzards but I hope that the hostility won't ruin a great weekend for college baseball in our state. That is all.

PCHSDawg
05-30-2017, 11:56 PM
As I told a mustard buzzard fan..Even if the place was full of State fans it still wouldn't be a good crowd for a State game.

justwin
05-31-2017, 12:00 AM
My daughter's boss sold his four tickets to Friday night's game for $150 EACH. I think he paid $100 for the whole weekend.

That's actually not bad. Wouldn't be surprised if a USA fan or parents bought those. USA will be gunning for us. Over the next two weeks, There's a lot of local bragging rights on the line from south Louisiana all the way over to mobile and most of the entire state of Mississippi so people are going to travel.

Wanna say that the year when cann & Tulane beat LSU was 100k+ fans in the supers

ghostofjackie
05-31-2017, 12:02 AM
Nobody hates you. And I'm just being honest here, but most of our fans simply don't care about USM either way. I guess in the same way we think of Memphis, UAB, USA, ULL etc. I don't mean that as a jab, we just have our rivals and you have yours.

The USM fans I know are all nice folks who usually pull for MSU when we play. We have one thing in common in who we really hate. We have no beef with you, that's why we think it's funny when your fans act like they hate State. This weekend will be fun, and I'll be sitting with some USM friends in the roost with the Eagle Horn?? I guess.....

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 12:10 AM
I hate seeing our fanbases bash each other over nonsense because this is such a great opportunity to showcase the great college baseball in Mississippi.

This is my biggest complaint with USM fans this week. What y'all could be using as a huge opportunity to shine...you're more worried about "keeping those bullmutt fans out of the stadium". It's so childish and the attempted trash talk by USM fans has been embarrassing. You're right, you guys have a nice stadium and good crowds...so show that off, and make it a great inviting atmosphere that MSU fans and others are impressed with, instead of wanting us to have a poor experience. The taking everything said as an insult, and wanting MSU fans to have a bad experience, will only ruin your own experience and make your fans regret it. And for God sakes, quit playing the victim.

Just my opinion.

ETA: ghostofjackie said it better. I agree with him

Todd4State
05-31-2017, 12:30 AM
I think it's hilarious that they are going out of their way to try to keep us out. If they took 30 seconds to consider how many State fans are just itching to come there and spend money, they would welcome us with open arms.

It's pretty obvious to me why they aren't- they're afraid that we'll take over and negate their homefield advantage. We don't have that problem in baseball against anyone when we play in Starkville. Think about how we feel when Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, Florida etc. come to Starkville and some of them sit in the alumni sections. Now imagine half of Scott Field/Davis Wade being Alabama or whoever fans when we play them. That's what they're worried about. Their fan support has been an issue for years. They have a lot of fans that went there that cheer for MSU, Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama, and whoever else. Some of their fans will be cheering for us this weekend.

So, basically they're cutting off their nose to spite their face. They're sacrificing money for perception.

Todd4State
05-31-2017, 12:40 AM
Nobody hates you. And I'm just being honest here, but most of our fans simply don't care about USM either way. I guess in the same way we think of Memphis, UAB, USA, ULL etc. I don't mean that as a jab, we just have our rivals and you have yours.

The USM fans I know are all nice folks who usually pull for MSU when we play. We have one thing in common in who we really hate. We have no beef with you, that's why we think it's funny when your fans act like they hate State. This weekend will be fun, and I'll be sitting with some USM friends in the roost with the Eagle Horn?? I guess.....

For me when it comes to baseball our rivals are Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama, Florida, and maybe if Butch gets Auburn up and running pretty good they may be next along with Arkansas because Wes Johnson is there. USM would probably be after that followed by Memphis. And then there are some that are arbitrary depending on how good they and we are- like Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

It seems to me like our biggest OOC rival kind of depends on where you grew up in Mississippi. If you live in North Mississippi, it's probably Memphis and for me in Jackson and then South Mississippi it's probably USM.

I do agree with the RationalEagle dude that this Regional is good for Mississippi. But IMO, a couple of years from now it would be really cool to have a regional at our new stadium with MSU, USM, and Jackson State. That would be an ideal "good for Mississippi" Regional because we can accommodate bigger crowds and will have a more modern stadium. I would have included Ole Miss but I can't remember the last time the NCAA matched up two SEC teams in the same regional under the new format.

Todd4State
05-31-2017, 12:42 AM
That's actually not bad. Wouldn't be surprised if a USA fan or parents bought those. USA will be gunning for us. Over the next two weeks, There's a lot of local bragging rights on the line from south Louisiana all the way over to mobile and most of the entire state of Mississippi so people are going to travel.

Wanna say that the year when cann & Tulane beat LSU was 100k+ fans in the supers

That was also in NOLA at their AAA stadium the Shrine on Airline. It was also Skip Bertman's last year and Tulane had probably their best team in school history. I wish that our regional was moved to Biloxi or Pearl to be honest with you. It would be much better for all involved even though USM would never go for that. And I understand why.

ghostofjackie
05-31-2017, 12:56 AM
Think if the shoe was on the other foot, and we were the ones hosting a regional that USM was a part of. Do you really think we would allow their fans to buy more than the 200 allotment? Hell no, we would be doing the exact same thing because the demand for our fans would be there, and our guys would have earned the host site. Some visiting fans would be able to get their hands on tickets, but our fans (BC folks) would buy up most of the 12-14k on the Tuesday before the regional.

USM is doing the same thing but on a smaller scale. It sucks for us but I don't blame them for protecting their home field advantage. There seems to be a large number of their season ticket holders who were not able to get any tickets at all.

Mobile Bay
05-31-2017, 07:05 AM

Even the craft beer in Hattiesburg is made by State grads. Lazy Magnolia.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-31-2017, 08:04 AM
Lazy Magnolia is brewed on the Coast. Southern Prohabition is brewed in Hattiesburg

CadaverDawg
05-31-2017, 08:17 AM
Think if the shoe was on the other foot, and we were the ones hosting a regional that USM was a part of. Do you really think we would allow their fans to buy more than the 200 allotment? Hell no, we would be doing the exact same thing because the demand for our fans would be there, and our guys would have earned the host site. Some visiting fans would be able to get their hands on tickets, but our fans (BC folks) would buy up most of the 12-14k on the Tuesday before the regional.

USM is doing the same thing but on a smaller scale. It sucks for us but I don't blame them for protecting their home field advantage. There seems to be a large number of their season ticket holders who were not able to get any tickets at all.

Good points.