PDA

View Full Version : Any possibility of getting transfers from the Mayden brothers?

Reason2succeed
05-29-2017, 01:05 PM
I know that they will still be gone before Jalen hits the field but James Mayden is a junior starting WR at Rice and Jared is a sophomore 2nd stringer for Alabama. If they transferred they would sit out this year and all be eligible to play in 2018 together. Lord knows we can use another WR and I'll take as many player off of Alabama's roster that I could get. I know it's probably not even in consideration but I just want to see what you guys have to say.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Has either given any indication they were interested in transferring?

smootness
05-30-2017, 11:00 AM
I would think if they really wanted to play together, the far easier thing to do would be to have the 2nd one pick the same school as the 1st and then Jalen to pick that school as well.

I seriously doubt there's any chance of getting either.

yjnkdawg
05-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Has either given any indication they were interested in transferring?

Showing an interest would definitely be the first step in initiaitng a transfer procedure. I doubt that has even crossed their minds, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Reason2succeed
05-30-2017, 11:26 AM
I guess my point is that Mullen is a QB whisperer who can get Jalen to the NFL as a QB. Not every school can do that. With all of Saban's success how many pro QBs does he have to show for it. AJ McCarron?!?

However, guys can get drafted at safety or WR from almost any school. For his brother at Rice this would be a step up in competition and could possibly put him on the NFL map if he could come to the SEC and put up numbers.

smootness
05-30-2017, 12:11 PM
I guess my point is that Mullen is a QB whisperer who can get Jalen to the NFL as a QB. Not every school can do that. With all of Saban's success how many pro QBs does he have to show for it. AJ McCarron?!?

However, guys can get drafted at safety or WR from almost any school. For his brother at Rice this would be a step up in competition and could possibly put him on the NFL map if he could come to the SEC and put up numbers.

Have you seen the numbers he's put up at Rice? I don't think the NFL will be calling.

Johnson85
05-30-2017, 02:43 PM
I know that they will still be gone before Jalen hits the field but James Mayden is a junior starting WR at Rice and Jared is a sophomore 2nd stringer for Alabama. If they transferred they would sit out this year and all be eligible to play in 2018 together. Lord knows we can use another WR and I'll take as many player off of Alabama's roster that I could get. I know it's probably not even in consideration but I just want to see what you guys have to say.

Alabama is in the SEC, which I think means Jared would have to sit out two years if he wanted to transfer to another SEC school, unless released by Bama. Pretty sure Saban is not going to release a guy that is second string as a sophomore.