PDA

View Full Version : I really hate

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-29-2017, 12:22 PM
the way the NCAA has formatted the regionals where they pair up local teams. By doing this, teams end up playing other teams that they most likely played during the season. In the USM regional, we have played

USM 1 time
S. Ala. 3 times

USM played us 1 time
S. Ala. 2 times

Same with other regionals. Just quickly looking at Fayetteville regional. Arkansas has played both Okla. St. and Mo. St. this season. I'm sure most of the others are the same. For me, it just takes a little of the luster off. It would be like playing a bowl game against somebody you played in the regular season. That is way extreme, but I just want to highlight my point. I would just prefer seeing teams we haven't played before. And if we, or S. Ala. win our regional, both of us have played LSU this year.

I know they did it to save money, but the NCAA baseball tourney is now 2nd in revenue producing only behind the basketball tourney. And it is only going to grow.

Just my thoughts.

RocketDawg
05-29-2017, 03:22 PM
But isn't that sort of the definition of "regional" ... teams from a region? It also gives more inferior non-Southern teams a higher chance of reaching Omaha (kinda like the electoral college gives small states a bigger bite of the pie than they would otherwise get). Possibly should add **.