PDA

View Full Version : Paul Manieri

Todd4State
05-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Apparently won't mention Cannizaro by name anymore as he now apparently refers to him as "the coach that left in November".

It makes me proud to have someone like John Cohen who when Butch left in a similar situation wished him well and was happy that one of his coaches improved himself.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-27-2017, 04:07 PM
I've gotten to where I use the term "shitbird" for anyone that would seem to fall under this category, rebel or not. It just seems appropriate.

LC Dawg
05-27-2017, 04:09 PM
That's because Cohen isn't a little bitch.

BulldogtheMS
05-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Paul is such a little bi*ch

Commercecomet24
05-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Manieri a whiny little turd. He knows that he can't recruit like Cann. As Don Henley said "Get over it, Get over it'l

MetEdDawg
05-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Here's the thing. I can understand him being put in a bind with only 3 months until the season started. But Can went from SEC assistant to SEC HC at MSU, which is a Top 10 job. How in the world can you fault a guy for jumping at that opportunity? Manieri needs to shut the hell up and worry about his own damn team.

Bothrops
05-27-2017, 04:47 PM
I just hope we can take a series back from them someday.

Todd4State
05-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Here's the thing. I can understand him being put in a bind with only 3 months until the season started. But Can went from SEC assistant to SEC HC at MSU, which is a Top 10 job. How in the world can you fault a guy for jumping at that opportunity? Manieri needs to shut the hell up and worry about his own damn team.

I don't think it's that. I think it's because Manieri knows how good Cann is and he knows long term it's going to hurt them and ultimately him a lot. He has been taking a lot of credit for things Cann did at LSU.

Joe Schmedlap
05-27-2017, 05:15 PM
Come on mane, Can was only there two years,right?

Todd4State
05-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Yes he was there for two years. And he turned around their hitting, kept and added in important recruits, and helped them keep some of the seniors that they have now that are playing major roles for them.

basedog
05-27-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm no Lsu or Manieri fan, but that little bitch was good way before Cann was at Lsu. He is something like 29-8 in Sec Tournament, won the Sec a few times plus a National Championship.

I will be glad when he is done at Red Stick. I love what Cann has done this year and can't wait to see what he will do at Msu. But Manieri has been really good.

Just saying.

msbulldog
05-27-2017, 05:37 PM
30-6 in SEC Tourney.

basedog
05-27-2017, 05:45 PM
30-6 in SEC Tourney.

Not sure that record will ever be topped, plus to be continued.

msstate7
05-27-2017, 05:49 PM
I'm no Lsu or Manieri fan, but that little bitch was good way before Cann was at Lsu. He is something like 29-8 in Sec Tournament, won the Sec a few times plus a National Championship.

I will be glad when he is done at Red Stick. I love what Cann has done this year and can't wait to see what he will do at Msu. But Manieri has been really good.

Just saying.

For once, we agree haha

basedog
05-27-2017, 05:53 PM
I imagine Manieri still has the red ass about not getting the Msu job (he wanted it), when LT brought back Polk II.

messageboardsuperhero
05-27-2017, 05:57 PM

Just saying.

Obviously Mainieri is a very successful coach- but he's a bigger insufferable bitch than Will James was.

Dawg61
05-27-2017, 05:59 PM
30-6 in SEC Tourney.

Imagine having this record and still acting like a whiny pvssy bitch everyday of your life

basedog
05-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Imagine having this record and still acting like a whiny pvssy bitch everyday of your life

I'd take the bitching****

I seen it dawg
05-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Manieri is a ****ing ****

The Federalist Engineer
05-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Obviously Mainieri is a very successful coach- but he's a bigger insufferable bitch than Will James was.

Makes me laugh, but he must be great in the locker room. He did not invent LSU baseball but he hasn't ruined it either.

bulldogcountry1
05-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I don't see what makes him so great. He throws a childish hissy every time things don't go his way. He just doesn't strike me as a guy I could respect.

He's doing something right.

confucius say
05-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Easiest place to in the country to win a natty when you factor in TOPS, and he has one in over a decade. He is good, but no beyter than three or four others in this league.

Bass Chaser
05-27-2017, 09:25 PM

All or nothing is what that record shows.

BHildreth3
05-27-2017, 09:33 PM
I talked to a LSU parent and let me just say the LSU players respect their head coach but love Cann and couldn't wait to talk to him after the series with us was over. We need to be patient. Coach Cannizaro is going to win big.

Commercecomet24
05-27-2017, 09:41 PM
I talked to a LSU parent and let me just say the LSU players respect their head coach but love Cann and couldn't wait to talk to him after the series with us was over. We need to be patient. Coach Cannizaro is going to win big.

You are correct, sir!

Todd4State
05-27-2017, 09:46 PM

Normally any coach gets a pass in year one because of the way the recruiting cycle falls. Cann should get a pass next year too because of when he was hired. We should be pretty good anyway- like this year. Next year we're going to be on the road a lot but our pitching should be better.

Todd4State
05-27-2017, 09:49 PM
Makes me laugh, but he must be great in the locker room. He did not invent LSU baseball but he hasn't ruined it either.

LSU is going to get the best players in Louisiana no matter who the coach is. But sort of like Mississippi they still need to recruit out of state some to be an elite program- Lange, Walker, Robertson, and Papierski among others. That's why he needs an elite level recruiter like Cann to identify and get those players there and also to make sure that they properly identify the best in state players so they won't end up like Smoke Laval.

shoeless joe
05-27-2017, 10:03 PM
What a bitch...which we already knew. But now he's being as classless and O'Sullivan...wonder if they're competing for that title as well

msstate7
05-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Interestingly enough, manieri and lsu won the sec the year before Cann got there ('13) and the year he left ('17) with none in between. In no way am I saying lsu is better off without him bc that's ridiculous, but let's not act like manieri's success was just bc of Cann.

Todd4State
05-28-2017, 01:29 AM
Interestingly enough, manieri and lsu won the sec the year before Cann got there ('13) and the year he left ('17) with none in between. In no way am I saying lsu is better off without him bc that's ridiculous, but let's not act like manieri's success was just bc of Cann.

Cann actually got there in 2015. No one is saying that LSU is or was successful only because of Cannizaro. But that championship that you are referring to this year doesn't happen if Cann wasn't able to get those four senior players back. A lot of LSU fans don't like Manieri because he isn't winning at the level that Bertman was. They probably never will- but that's besides the point. Manieri knows that he needs someone like Cannizaro that can recruit AND coach hitting at a high level to even give them a chance to get back to that. That was the problem with Javi Sanchez- he could recruit but he wasn't considered a very good hitting coach.

I think Manieri knew that with Cannizaro there was a very good chance that he would get LSU close to where they were- he was just starting to get his first cycle of players in- and Manieri was going to take credit for that. Cann gave LSU a tremendous recruiting advantage with his abilities to evaluate talent and also with his scouting connections. Now Manieri has lost that- and on top of that Cann is at one of LSU's biggest baseball rivals and may be a threat to take his pitching coach one day.

In other words- instead of Manieri getting a statue built in front of Alex Box he's going to have to worry about us kicking their ass and have to listen to their fans bitch until his contract runs out in 2024. And don't be surprised with Cann's NOLA connections if he is able to get a few recruits from Louisiana for us that are LSU level like Basiel Williams from Ponchatoula. If Cann is able to go to Louisiana and is able to start taking a recruit or two a year from them- it will hurt. Not many SEC schools can do that to LSU.

Commercecomet24
05-28-2017, 01:50 AM
Cann actually got there in 2015. No one is saying that LSU is or was successful only because of Cannizaro. But that championship that you are referring to this year doesn't happen if Cann wasn't able to get those four senior players back. A lot of LSU fans don't like Manieri because he isn't winning at the level that Bertman was. They probably never will- but that's besides the point. Manieri knows that he needs someone like Cannizaro that can recruit AND coach hitting at a high level to even give them a chance to get back to that. That was the problem with Javi Sanchez- he could recruit but he wasn't considered a very good hitting coach.

I think Manieri knew that with Cannizaro there was a very good chance that he would get LSU close to where they were- he was just starting to get his first cycle of players in- and Manieri was going to take credit for that. Cann gave LSU a tremendous recruiting advantage with his abilities to evaluate talent and also with his scouting connections. Now Manieri has lost that- and on top of that Cann is at one of LSU's biggest baseball rivals and may be a threat to take his pitching coach one day.

In other words- instead of Manieri getting a statue built in front of Alex Box he's going to have to worry about us kicking their ass and have to listen to their fans bitch until his contract runs out in 2024. And don't be surprised with Cann's NOLA connections if he is able to get a few recruits from Louisiana for us that are LSU level like Basiel Williams from Ponchatoula. If Cann is able to go to Louisiana and is able to start taking a recruit or two a year from them- it will hurt. Not many SEC schools can do that to LSU.

Nail on head, Todd! We about to start getting some players that would have otherwise gone to lsu. Don't be surprised if manieri bitching about Cann "poaching" his recruits doesn't reach a fever pitch in the next 6 months. It's gonna be fun to watch that little turd manieri whine and bitch about losing some recruits to the "coach who left in November" I can't wait!

MarketingBully
05-28-2017, 06:07 AM

Manieri better hope he makes the CWS this year and doesn't choke. If they don't make the CWS this year, my prediction is Manieri is gone within two years.

dawgday166
05-28-2017, 09:48 AM
For once, we agree haha

Well, I've agreed with you more than once ... this may be 3rd or 4th time *****

BossDawg
05-28-2017, 11:30 AM
Come on mane, Can was only there two years,right?

I think Cann took a LOT of pressure off of Manieri as far as recruiting and retaining players. Manieri is a damn good coach, but assistants like Cann pick up a lot of slack. As pissy as Manieri is, I can certainly see why he'd be holding a grudge because now he'll have to work a little harder.

Bass Chaser
05-28-2017, 11:50 AM
Check this out.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_6f377030-4328-11e7-8a9b-07872dc83966.html

confucius say
05-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Check this out.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_6f377030-4328-11e7-8a9b-07872dc83966.html

Give Cann a little time and that rivalry will be legit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-28-2017, 01:24 PM
Nail on head, Todd! We about to start getting some players that would have otherwise gone to lsu. Don't be surprised if manieri bitching about Cann "poaching" his recruits doesn't reach a fever pitch in the next 6 months. It's gonna be fun to watch that little turd manieri whine and bitch about losing some recruits to the "coach who left in November" I can't wait!

Who have we gotten, as a result of Cann, other that Tanner Allen that would've gone to LSU? (Serious question)

Skydawg1
05-28-2017, 01:36 PM
Give Cann a little time and that rivalry will be legit.Imagine the LSU team this year if all those SR's had not come back. And most of them came back probably with Andy telling them it wouldn't hurt their draft stock. Totally different team without Lange an Poche', Kramer's Mom, etc.

msstate7
05-28-2017, 01:39 PM
Imagine the LSU team this year if all those SR's had not come back. And most of them came back probably with Andy telling them it wouldn't hurt their draft stock. Totally different team without Lange an Poche', Kramer's Mom, etc.

If lsu doesn't win a natty and probably even if they do, freeman and Robertson will regret that decision financially over the next year years.

Todd4State
05-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Who have we gotten, as a result of Cann, other that Tanner Allen that would've gone to LSU? (Serious question)

Tyreque Reed.

Obviously Cann inherited this class pretty much and per Manieri they had a verbal agreement that Cann wouldn't take any of their recruits. Allen de-committed and then committed to us on his own.

It's not the recruits this year- it's the ones in the coming classes. Guys like Basiel Williams and Cole Winn from Colorado.

Todd4State
05-28-2017, 01:59 PM
If lsu doesn't win a natty and probably even if they do, freeman and Robertson will regret that decision financially over the next year years.

I doubt it. There's more to life than money. They're going to be fine financially even without their "life changing" 250K that they would have gotten as juniors. I made that over the course of my first five years of my "real" job which is about as much time as they'll be in the minors anyway making about 1K a month.

msstate7
05-28-2017, 02:07 PM
I doubt it. There's more to life than money. They're going to be fine financially even without their "life changing" 250K that they would have gotten as juniors. I made that over the course of my first five years of my "real" job which is about as much time as they'll be in the minors anyway making about 1K a month.

250k isn't life changing... never said it was, but it'll kick the crap out of what they get this time, no?

MarketingBully
05-28-2017, 02:10 PM
Tyreque Reed.

Obviously Cann inherited this class pretty much and per Manieri they had a verbal agreement that Cann wouldn't take any of their recruits. Allen de-committed and then committed to us on his own.

It's not the recruits this year- it's the ones in the coming classes. Guys like Basiel Williams and Cole Winn from Colorado.

Agreed. Reed would have gone to LSU if Cann were there.

MarketingBully
05-28-2017, 03:07 PM
So what Mangina said was they wanted to keep their hitting approach the same, correct? If that is correct, then Cann had a huge impact on their hitting. Cann was not only their hitting coach but also the recruiting coordinator which means for the last two years or so he was in charge of replenishing their talent. They had to get two people to replace what Cann did which speaks for itself. I love the argument the LSU douche got into with you Todd which showed just how out of their way they wanted to minimize what Cann did for them. Cann, a coach that 99% of their fans wanted to take over for Mangina when he retires. I hope like hell that when Mangina is fired which will be soon Cann gives them the bird when they crawl to him to ask if he has interest and we will have celebrated our first national title in college baseball. I really love what Cann brings and I am excited about the future of our program. We have a coach who is a great baseball mind, great motivator, great recruiter, and is an awesome player's coach. He is the complete package.

Todd4State
05-28-2017, 03:11 PM
250k isn't life changing... never said it was, but it'll kick the crap out of what they get this time, no?

Not really because they'll have a championship, will still get to play pro ball and when they're done they're going to make about the same amount of money if not more because they will have LSU baseball on their resume which in Louisiana will get them a six figure job pretty easily.

Todd4State
05-28-2017, 03:14 PM
So what Mangina said was they wanted to keep their hitting approach the same, correct? If that is correct, then Cann had a huge impact on their hitting. Cann was not only their hitting coach but also the recruiting coordinator which means for the last two years or so he was in charge of replenishing their talent. They had to get two people to replace what Cann did which speaks for itself. I love the argument the LSU douche got into with you Todd which showed just how out of their way they wanted to minimize what Cann did for them. Cann, a coach that 99% of their fans wanted to take over for Mangina when he retires. I hope like hell that when Mangina is fired which will be soon Cann gives them the bird when they crawl to him to ask if he has interest and we will have celebrated our first national title in college baseball. I really love what Cann brings and I am excited about the future of our program. We have a coach who is a great baseball mind, great motivator, great recruiter, and is an awesome player's coach. He is the complete package.

That guy played at LSU under Manieri. It's pretty funny that the guy told me that Cann had "nothing to do with bringing in the players on the current team" and then one of their own fans corrected him. He also claimed that Javi Sanchez wasn't fired at LSU which is pretty hilarious too since the press release said he "left to pursue other professional opportunities."

Fortunately I have a lot of experience dealing with Ole Miss fans and no one lies and spins crap like they do.

msbulldog
05-28-2017, 04:12 PM
That guy played at LSU under Manieri. It's pretty funny that the guy told me that Cann had "nothing to do with bringing in the players on the current team" and then one of their own fans corrected him. He also claimed that Javi Sanchez wasn't fired at LSU which is pretty hilarious too since the press release said he "left to pursue other professional opportunities."

Fortunately I have a lot of experience dealing with Ole Miss fans and no one lies and spins crap like they do.

Tell it!