PDA

View Full Version : greatest war movie line

parabrave
05-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Mine "Charlie don't surf". Heck even the clash made a song about it.

Gordon Gekko
05-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Same movie and character but I will go with I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Bully13
05-27-2017, 03:35 PM
Your not a soldier. Just a grocery clerk whose come to collect the bill.

Srt201
05-27-2017, 07:22 PM
My favorite quote from "The longest day"

Pvt. Clough: There it is, he's at it again! Have you ever heard such a racket in all your life?

Private Flanagan: Yeah, it takes an Irishman to play the pipes.

BrunswickDawg
05-27-2017, 08:59 PM
#1 "What is your major malfunction numb nutts? Did mommy and daddy not love you enough as a child?"

#1A - "Maj. Demming: I think that I would rather live in the rottenest pig sty in Tennessee or Alabama than the fanciest mansion in all of Georgia. How about that?
Will Stockdale: Well, sir... I think where you wanna live is your business.

Liverpooldawg
05-27-2017, 10:45 PM
My favorite quote from "The longest day"

Pvt. Clough: There it is, he's at it again! Have you ever heard such a racket in all your life?

Private Flanagan: Yeah, it takes an Irishman to play the pipes.

I'll go with this one........although it REALLY takes an Irishman with Scots/Hebridean blood to play the pipes.

Bully13
05-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Any number of quotes from gunny in full Metal Jacket

parabrave
05-28-2017, 06:19 PM
It's time to separate the men from the boys

Prediction? Pain.
05-29-2017, 12:11 AM
I can't do just one.

James Coburn in The Great Escape, hanging out while Charles Bronson pretends to shower to hide a tunnel entrance, responding to a German guard's accusatory questions, delivered in a great deadpan:

"I'm watching him. I'm a lifeguard."

Kirk Douglas in Paths of Glory talking to a General who both allowed three of Douglas' men to be executed and offered Douglas his newly fired commanding officer's job:

Colonel Dax: Sir, would you like me to suggest what you can do with that promotion?

General Broulard: Colonel Dax! You will apologize at once or I shall have you placed under arrest!

Colonel Dax: I apologize for not being entirely honest with you. I apologize for not revealing my true feelings. I apologize, sir, for not telling you sooner that you're a degenerate, sadistic old man, and you can go to hell before I apologize to you now or ever again!

Pick your poison from Dr. Strangelove:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!"

"Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!"

https://youtu.be/RZ9B7owHxMQ

And I guess this is as much a historical quote as a movie quote, but it's too good to leave out:

https://youtu.be/NDAWaYu-YCo