PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kegler meeting Coach Howland Wednesday

MarketingBully
05-27-2017, 05:37 AM
It's possible he doesn't transfer. This has been a crappy 24 hour cycle for the basketball team but if Coach Howland can talk him into staying that would help out a lot. Who knows this may have been a leverage play by Omhar Carter with no intention of really transferring to get what they want. Either way, Baylor could have a tampering charge because if they talked with Carter (since he is the guardian) without the release being official we could legit file a complaint against them. Either way it didn't make sense at all for Kegler to transfer no matter how you look at it.

smootness
05-27-2017, 06:56 AM
Still don't like it if they're threatening transfer to get concessions on something.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Anything is possible but don't hold your breath.

Dawg61
05-27-2017, 07:41 AM
Howland needs to get off his ass and get us 2 grad transfers since there's 800 of them out there. Oh and between the two I'd rather keep Wright if we can only keep one.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Meh, what happens the first time things don't go Kegler's way next season?

What happens when it's in the team's best interests that he play the 4?

You can't fix or win with selfish people. It's that simple. There is no fixing this because Kegler has already shown his cards and shown what's important to him.

People may hide their values at times but they don't change them.

Ask yourself this: what would Bill Belichik or Popovich do? They kick his ass to the curb and find someone who wanted to play within the confines of their system. Easy answer.

confucius say
05-27-2017, 08:36 AM
It's best that he just go.

Dawg61
05-27-2017, 10:24 AM
It's best that he just go.

Yup pretty much rather Howland use that meeting time to fly to Australia and get us a shooter and a PF. Done with Carter's babies. They are overrated, zero basketball IQ crybabies. Seriously Howland copy Mark Few and go get some players from Australia. They are always smart, tough and can shoot.

rcsteph1
05-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Yup pretty much rather Howland use that meeting time to fly to Australia and get us a shooter and a PF. Done with Carter's babies. They are overrated, zero basketball IQ crybabies. Seriously Howland copy Mark Few and go get some players from Australia. They are always smart, tough and can shoot.

Only problem is with our luck we would never get them cleared to play. Seems to always be an issue.

yjnkdawg
05-27-2017, 11:37 AM
This handler thing has gotten out of control. The handler knows what's best for the kid (really? ) and doesn't appear the kiid has much say so. Years ago a handler meant something like one who handles animals. Such as a lion tamer. Maybe we need to go back to those handler days, and not ruin college basketball.

msbulldog
05-27-2017, 11:48 AM
Let him go (cancer), we'll be ok!

yjnkdawg
05-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Only problem is with our luck we would never get them cleared to play. Seems to always be an issue.

I just wonder if the Renardo Sidney debacle could have contributed to the issue we have getting players cleared to play? Probably not but just a thought.

AlSwearengen
05-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Basketball kills any kind of a boner that I might have on any given day. I couldn't imagine trying to coach that shit.

Dawg61
05-27-2017, 01:07 PM

NCAA is racist they don't clear players from Africa. Australia is not a problem. We have one on our WBB team.

BayouDawg
05-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Basketball kills any kind of a boner that I might have on any given day. I couldn't imagine trying to coach that shit.

Why the hell are you trying to get a boner while watching men's basketball?

JDog13
05-27-2017, 02:23 PM

Closet ole miss fan?

shannondawg
05-28-2017, 09:28 AM

Maybe get Coach Shaeffer to go with him, he seems to be able to do it. Maybe he has something on our erstwhile clearance officer to get him off his butt.

AlSwearengen
05-28-2017, 10:44 AM

You miss the point. If MSU makes it to the NCAA tournament, I might watch it. I will always hope MSU wins every basketball game, but I refuse to put any emotional energy into it.

In simpler, more easy to understand terms, I could win the lottery and be super excited (boner), but if someone brings up college basketball, my excitement is diminished.

lamont
05-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Basketball recruiting is ridiculous. So many of these AAU kids already have agents aka "handlers" or "AAU Coach"

And just like in the NBA- sometimes your agent makes a power play and demands a trade (release from scholarship to transfer). It's making its way into college football- but not near as prevalent. Starting to filter down to HS as well.

Money, money, money....moneyyyyyyyy

MCsMGs
05-28-2017, 10:54 AM
You miss the point. If MSU makes it to the NCAA tournament, I might watch it. I will always hope MSU wins every basketball game, but I refuse to put any emotional energy into it.

In simpler, more easy to understand terms, I could win the lottery and be super excited (boner), but if someone brings up college basketball, my excitement is diminished.

Then why are you participating in a thread about college basketball?

basedog
05-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Hey it's not only Basketball recruiting, it's football and baseball as for as recruiting goes. Blows my mind seeing 9th graders or even 10th graders "committing".

msbulldog
05-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Yea your right RP, that's why Coach Howland and other coaches need to just tell these diva's and their handlers, thanks but no thanks, if enough coaches don't cow down to these demands, they will stop. Some transfers will work out, but the vast majority will fail (there are only so many spots in the NBA).
We need to tell Mario and Carter see ya! This could seriously become a cancer situation on our team.

Bothrops
05-28-2017, 12:18 PM
Yea your right RP, that's why Coach Howland and other coaches need to just tell these diva's and their handlers, thanks but no thanks, if enough coaches don't cow down to these demands, they will stop. Some transfers will work out, but the vast majority will fail (there are only so many spots in the NBA).
We need to tell Mario and Carter see ya! This could seriously become a cancer situation on our team.

Carter? Haven't heard about this one.

MarketingBully
05-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Carter? Haven't heard about this one.

Omhar Carter. Keep up.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-28-2017, 01:13 PM
It's possible he doesn't transfer. This has been a crappy 24 hour cycle for the basketball team but if Coach Howland can talk him into staying that would help out a lot. Who knows this may have been a leverage play by Omhar Carter with no intention of really transferring to get what they want. Either way, Baylor could have a tampering charge because if they talked with Carter (since he is the guardian) without the release being official we could legit file a complaint against them. Either way it didn't make sense at all for Kegler to transfer no matter how you look at it.

This will be another meeting just like Malik Newman. "Hey coach this is how things are going to go in order for Malik, (Mario) to stay......."

Howland interjects "I am the coach of this team not you, You will not tell me how to run my team, pack your bags".......

SDDawg
05-28-2017, 01:37 PM
Howland needs to get off his ass and get us 2 grad transfers since there's 800 of them out there. Oh and between the two I'd rather keep Wright if we can only keep one.

Wright is not a player.

MCsMGs
05-28-2017, 03:08 PM
This will be another meeting just like Malik Newman. "Hey coach this is how things are going to go in order for Malik, (Mario) to stay......."

Howland interjects "I am the coach of this team not you, You will not tell me how to run my team, pack your bags".......

Yep...

I'm confident based on his handling of the MN issue that whatever the outcome of the meeting is, that the team's best interest will be served.