PDA

View Full Version : Tanner "Fing" Poole...

Bigedawg
05-26-2017, 02:46 PM
He has left at least nine on base today that I can remember. My head will explode if he gets another meaningful at bat this season. And Luke, we almost made it through a day without watching you k with the bases loaded. I see no way these dudes are on the roster next year. There is bad and then there is them. At least Lovelady battles. I can't fault him for that. I literally was hoping for Poole to strike out because I knew he would be worst case scenario. Don't like dogging players but damn, I've seen enough. Ok. I feel better now.

lamont
05-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Poole's AB's are at least competitive. Belmont's are just giving the other team an out

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Poole has 0 confidence at the plate. Looks like he dreads hitting

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Poole's AB's are at least competitive. Belmont's are just giving the other team an out

Your level of competitive seems low. I am genuinely surprised at this point when either guy even fouls off a pitch. Poole is at least fast and can cover a lot of ground in the outfield. Bragg having his head up his ass is killing our lineup. We have zero bench as is.

justwin
05-26-2017, 03:03 PM

Hahahahahahhahahaha! That's what you call competitive? Poole is the worst player by far. Luke isn't much better but there's definitely a gap

Like I said, the only way we win a regional is with Poole on the bench despite our lack of pitching. Today is another example of that. Thought we had learned our lesson vs UGA. The lineups vs LSU give us our best shot if cann is hell bent on not playing Bragg

justwin
05-26-2017, 03:04 PM
Poole has 0 confidence at the plate. Looks like he dreads hitting

And fielding and throwing and running

CadaverDawg
05-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Poole's AB's are at least competitive.

No

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2017, 03:13 PM
And fielding and throwing and running

Hes pretty good defensively he robbed a HR vs UPig

Bothrops
05-26-2017, 03:16 PM
UPig going in dry tonight.

NeshobaChuck
05-26-2017, 03:24 PM
If it were me Poole would be cut and asked to transfer and any pitcher on staff would be asked to do the same if they can't throw strikes

Todd4State
05-26-2017, 03:36 PM
If it were me Poole would be cut and asked to transfer and any pitcher on staff would be asked to do the same if they can't throw strikes

Apparently we can't do that anymore. Ask Greg Goff.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 03:48 PM
Hahahahahahhahahaha! That's what you call competitive? Poole is the worst player by far. Luke isn't much better but there's definitely a gap

Like I said, the only way we win a regional is with Poole on the bench despite our lack of pitching. Today is another example of that. Thought we had learned our lesson vs UGA. The lineups vs LSU give us our best shot if cann is hell bent on not playing Bragg

Luke has a chance to hit it if he isn't swinging at dirt pitches or fastballs around his chin. Poole is fast so if he somehow check swings a bloop into the field, he might beat it out. Either way you are talking about a 5% chance of getting a base runner. At this point both should just crowd the damn plate and try to take a pitch off the thigh.

justwin
05-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Hes pretty good defensively he robbed a HR vs UPig

Any of our OFs make that play. Poole can't even hit the cutoff man on his throws as proven for many weeks now

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Any of our OFs make that play. Poole can't even hit the cutoff man on his throws as proven for many weeks now

Oddly enough, he is in RF and I don't know if he could throw it to 2nd base without a cutoff man. The position that needs one of the strongest arms and he has no velocity.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Apparently we can't do that anymore. Ask Greg Goff.

Is it confirmed that this is how it is now? Or was the Ninja just looking for a way to get rid of Goff. I hate the idea of baseball scholarship rules becoming more absurd than they already were.

Todd4State
05-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Is it confirmed that this is how it is now? Or was the Ninja just looking for a way to get rid of Goff. I hate the idea of baseball scholarship rules becoming more absurd than they already were.

It's definitely a rule in black and white. All we could do to a player is tell them they won't play if they come back and hope they leave. Which is a passive aggressive way of cutting someone as opposed to telling a player "we're cutting you because you can't hit and you walk the house when you pitch.

BB30
05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
It's definitely a rule in black and white. All we could do to a player is tell them they won't play if they come back and hope they leave. Which is a passive aggressive way of cutting someone as opposed to telling a player "we're cutting you because you can't hit and you walk the house when you pitch.

Ok.. so I thought you could cut the scholly but they have to have the option to remain on the team?

lamont
05-26-2017, 04:30 PM

Poole hit what 70 points higher than Belmont in SEC play? 70 points is a HUGE GAP. Poole is easily the better player

Homedawg
05-26-2017, 04:30 PM
But any violation of team rules allows you to cut the scholarship.

lamont
05-26-2017, 04:33 PM
AGAIN- Poole has outhit Belmont by a huge margin since SEC play.
Poole has two hits in the Tourney

Poole is at least competitive at the plate. Belmont hitting is a wasted trip

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-26-2017, 04:48 PM

Poole's are giving the other team 2 outs, usually.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 04:57 PM
Poole hit what 70 points higher than Belmont in SEC play? 70 points is a HUGE GAP. Poole is easily the better player

Just went back to the Governor's trophy game, since then Alexander is hitting a whopping .080. Poole over the same back half of the SEC is hitting .166. Not sure if Alexander can even make the team next year like that, I don't care how good his glove is. He had one game at A&M where he was 3/5 which made up half his hits during that span. I think I could suit up right now and be comparable to that. That is to the point of bunting every time hoping for an error.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 04:59 PM
AGAIN- Poole has outhit Belmont by a huge margin since SEC play.
Poole has two hits in the Tourney

Poole is at least competitive at the plate. Belmont hitting is a wasted trip

I know the box scores add up to 2 hits but a check swing should count for no more than .5. Luke swings like Mangum without the hand eye coordination.

The Federalist Engineer
05-26-2017, 05:36 PM

Reed Smith must be hurt or went Latrell Sprewell, otherwise seems like he could have contributed this year

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-26-2017, 05:44 PM
But any violation of team rules allows you to cut the scholarship.
Well rules 1a and 1b should be "hit the ball" and "throw strikes" so.......we should be good, right?