PDA

View Full Version : Eli Wright leaving too

Big4Dawg
05-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Are you kidding? This is getting Stans like.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Damn he was one of my favorites to watch...wtf?

civildawg
05-26-2017, 12:24 PM
I am slowly losing faith in howland. Never thought I would say that

Big4Dawg
05-26-2017, 12:27 PM
So we are going to be short three scholarship players next year. Our program has been under imposed NCAA violations for years.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 12:28 PM

I have a UCLA friend who warned me of this with Howland. He'll stockpike talent and there will be plenty of transfers. UCLA had 11 in 5 years with Howland. Cream rises to the top though and they still made it to Final Fours.

Johnson85
05-26-2017, 12:35 PM
I am slowly losing faith in howland. Never thought I would say that

That's concerning, but perimeter spots were going to be tight next year.

So the starting lineup will be:
(1) Peters
(2) Q
(3) Stapleton
(4) Holman
(5) Herard

and then Carter, Weatherspoon, and Ado will fill out the normal rotation?

That doesn't leave me nearly as excited (Keglar was the bigger loss just because of his versatility and lack of similar players), but we're still ok. I think this is pretty much reality now for every program outside of the true blue chippers. Coaches constantly have to walk the fine line between letting the inmates run the asylum and having their roster decimated by transfers.

smootness
05-26-2017, 12:39 PM
This one is way more understandable than Kegler. Any time you bring in 7 highly-rated guys in one class, you expect a defection or two. And Wright got little playing time, so there you go.

This one isn't a surprise or some ominous sign. Stinks, but it's college basketball.

Cloak
05-26-2017, 12:39 PM
Damn. He's one we didn't need to lose, but neither Kegler nor Eli really change anything.

JoseBrown
05-26-2017, 12:41 PM

Just shows how smart Stans is, he was ahead of the curve. Trendsetter..****

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-26-2017, 12:47 PM
When did AAU coaches become spokesmen for these college kids?

thf24
05-26-2017, 12:56 PM

I'm beginning to think the continually increasing number of transfers and AAU coach/mentor situations are creating a bubble that's going to burst in a really ugly way for college basketball in the next 5-10 years.

smootness
05-26-2017, 12:57 PM
College basketball is pretty atrocious. Wish I hadn't fallen in love with it a long time ago. I have no idea why anybody would want to coach it.

tcdog70
05-26-2017, 12:58 PM
We are still trying to Reach the Bar Stans set.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Bad things come in 3's....nobody piss Peters off the next few weeks....

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 01:11 PM

I absolutely hate that about college basketball. It is getting similar with football 7 on 7 teams. One of the reasons I don't follow recruiting at all anymore. Somebody is getting paid when big recruits sign somewhere, it might not be the family of the recruit but these slimy leeches on society.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 01:12 PM
That's concerning, but perimeter spots were going to be tight next year.

So the starting lineup will be:
(1) Peters
(2) Q
(3) Stapleton
(4) Holman
(5) Herard

and then Carter, Weatherspoon, and Ado will fill out the normal rotation?

That doesn't leave me nearly as excited (Keglar was the bigger loss just because of his versatility and lack of similar players), but we're still ok. I think this is pretty much reality now for every program outside of the true blue chippers. Coaches constantly have to walk the fine line between letting the inmates run the asylum and having their roster decimated by transfers.

Most teams don't have more than 7 or 8 people that actually get meaningful minutes anyway. I did like Wright's hustle though as opposed to Kegler.

Goldendawg
05-26-2017, 01:12 PM
When you sign highly ranked players, they all want to play now. Hard to stockpile a team of 4 *'s. They all think that they are NBA ready. The AAU and one and done are ruining college ball. Get used to it until this implodes. Maybe you need to recruit about 7 of the best you can get and fill the rest of the team with role players ( if they still exist in today's BB world).

Johnson85
05-26-2017, 01:22 PM
Most teams don't have more than 7 or 8 people that actually get meaningful minutes anyway. I did like Wright's hustle though as opposed to Kegler.

We don't have a problem as far as numbers, and I don't think we're losing a superstar with either player, but I thought Keglar was a very good piece, particularly for our team. Showed a lot of promise as a true freshman, and while I'm not sure he he will develop into the matchup problem he could be where he posts up perimeter players and takes post players outside, he was going to be a big contributor regardless, especially after cutting out some of the freshman issues like TOs.

With Keglar, between him, Q, and Peters, somebody is going to be dangerous on any given night. Take him away, and if Herard hasn't made a good jump on offense, we are going to be putting a lot of pressure on Peters and Q to carry the offensive load day in and day out.

Johnson85
05-26-2017, 01:25 PM
When you sign highly ranked players, they all want to play now. Hard to stockpile a team of 4 *'s. They all think that they are NBA ready. The AAU and one and done are ruining college ball. Get used to it until this implodes. Maybe you need to recruit about 7 of the best you can get and fill the rest of the team with role players ( if they still exist in today's BB world).

I was just about to say you need your glue players like Stapleton to provide some type of continuity, but then I realized he's a transfer too.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Bad things come in 3's....nobody piss Peters off the next few weeks....

If he leaves, I'm officially done with basketball.

I'm already unofficially done with this cesspool of a sport, but that would officially do it.

What could Peters possibly be upset about?

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 01:32 PM

I'm already unofficially done with this cesspool of a sport, but that would officially do it.

Too many minutes caused him to be tired?

MCsMGs
05-26-2017, 01:41 PM

Peters just tweeted he wasn't leaving.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Peters just tweeted he wasn't leaving.

Yea some idiot tweeted at him and said, "I guess your transferring too, huh?"

WTH?

HoopsDawg
05-26-2017, 01:55 PM
How could anyone be mad about Eli leaving? If I was his dad, I would recommend that he leave. He wasn't going to play many minutes.

Bothrops
05-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Is it just me or has Howland been super low profile lately? I'm more concerned about that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Is it just me or has Howland been super low profile lately? I'm more concerned about that.

I'm almost to the point of mutually parting ways and we go get Kermit Davis. Howland is a good guy, but his time may be up.

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Lamar Peters aint going anywhere. Hes got a chance to make NBA money next year

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 02:11 PM
I really don't care anymore. **** em.

HoopsDawg
05-26-2017, 02:12 PM
I'm almost to the point of mutually parting ways and we go get Kermit Davis. Howland is a good guy, but his time may be up.

Oh my gosh, this post is so sad. This is what happens in big time basketball. You have to sign great players every year and the best get to play. Everyone else transfers. 13 schollies + 8 man rotations means you lose a lot of players. Duke loses players, Kansas loses player and UNC loses players.

HoopsDawg
05-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Lamar Peters aint going anywhere. Hes got a chance to make NBA money next year

No he doesn't.

But I agree that he shouldn't transfer.

BuckyIsAB****
05-26-2017, 02:15 PM
No he doesn't.

But I agree that he shouldn't transfer.

If hes not a NBA player then we dont have one on the roster. Unless Lil Spoon is a 1 and done

Bothrops
05-26-2017, 02:19 PM
So who else is transferring?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 02:20 PM

It is the off-season you know

HoopsDawg
05-26-2017, 02:21 PM
If hes not a NBA player then we dont have one on the roster. Unless Lil Spoon is a 1 and done

Spoon is not a 1 and done, but he could become an NBA player. Who cares about that though. We just need to get a solid 8 man rotation and we will have that.

G: Spoon
G: Peters
G: Q
F: Holman
F: Ado

X, Carter, and Herard off the bench. There's your 8 man rotation. College basketball is only a 40 minute game. If you are playing more than 8, you aren't doing it right.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Oh my gosh, this post is so sad. This is what happens in big time basketball. You have to sign great players every year and the best get to play. Everyone else transfers. 13 schollies + 8 man rotations means you lose a lot of players. Duke loses players, Kansas loses player and UNC loses players.

Yes! Alabama lost Nick King and Brandon Austin as well. It happens to everyone. We will be fine.

Bodaski
05-26-2017, 02:25 PM
I hope I see some transition on our baseball team before next season, damn we've got some that have absolutely no business on a sec team.

Brahmabull
05-26-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm just a little confused why these guys waited until now to announce? Why not do it earlier??

tcdog70
05-26-2017, 02:38 PM

We should have done that after Stans.

Bothrops
05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
It is the off-season you know

Well something seems a little odd to me.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Well something seems a little odd to me.

Let's hope it's just gas.

Thick
05-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Heard this (Wright/Kegler) right when we were done with the SEC tourney. The staff has known about this, but thought they might have them back in the boat.

WPDawg
05-26-2017, 04:14 PM

"concerned"....ha, sorry but that struck me as funny. This site should be called ConcernedDawgs.
con?cerned
kənˈsərnd/
adjective synonyms: worried, anxious, upset, perturbed, troubled, distressed, uneasy, apprehensive, agitated

smootness
05-26-2017, 04:22 PM

What in the freak

lamont
05-26-2017, 04:28 PM
We should have done that after Stans.

We could have hired Little Kermit or the guy at Fla Gulf Coast over RR. Nice job Strick