PDA

View Full Version : Bo Jackson's Nephew

msbulldog
05-26-2017, 07:34 AM
From SEC Rant:
Three-star wide receiver Shedrick Jackson, the nephew of legendary Auburn and NFL running back Bo Jackson, announced his top five schools on Twitter and included three schools from the SEC.

His top schools are Auburn, Mississippi State, Missouri, Georgia Tech, and Memphis.

Jackson, a 6-1, 195-pound prospect from Birmingham, AL (Hoover) is rated the No. 56 wide receiver in the country and the No. 10 overall player from the state of Alabama for 2018, according to 247Sports.

Hrdawg82
05-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Do you honestly see him going anywhere other than AU?

dawgwhisperer
05-26-2017, 08:33 AM

Does he want to ride the coattails that his last name offers? OR Does he want to try and break away as much as he can and try to build his own brand?

Why not try to get him, if he's good?

Reason2succeed
05-26-2017, 08:42 AM
If he has any talent he will be at AU where their fans can fawn all over him. And I won't blame him.

msstatelp1
05-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Does he want to ride the coattails that his last name offers? OR Does he want to try and break away as much as he can and try to build his own brand?

Why not try to get him, if he's good?

This because after all not all Mannings go to OM.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 09:34 AM

Brett Favre's nephew didnt go to Southern Miss and Jim Kelly's nephew didnt go to Miami.**

Thick
05-26-2017, 09:40 AM
That list is "window dressing"...period. No way in hell does he end up anywhere but Auburn. Jackson roams the sideline during football season, and he's loved and cherished at AU, which he should be. Pipe dream....move on!

Johnson85
05-26-2017, 11:03 AM
If he has any talent he will be at AU where their fans can fawn all over him. And I won't blame him.

He may not even have to have talent. I would think they would offer Bo Jackson's nephew a scholarship even if he wouldn't be a take on talent alone. Keep Bo happy (who even if he doesn't contribute monetarily I would assume still has some pull with boosters) and more importantly, avoid the hell that you would face if you passed on Bo Jackson's nephew and he ended up being good somewhere else. You'd have to be damn sure he couldn't play before telling him to look elsewhere, and presumably Malzahn won't be that sure about a 3 star from Hoover not being able to play.