PDA

View Full Version : Lsu baseball

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:54 PM
They're probably the best team in the country right now. They're really good at all 3 phases of the game. I think they're a lock for the cws and I'd put my money on them to win it all right now.

Oh and I can't stand Lange... the way he walks around the mound all bowed up and catches the ball barehanded after every strike out tells me he's a douche

BuckyIsAB****
05-25-2017, 10:57 PM
There is nothing (or very few) things in the world I want more than to beat their ass in the championship game on sunday

msstate7
05-25-2017, 11:05 PM
They are absolutely slaughtering Kentucky

BuckyIsAB****
05-25-2017, 11:12 PM
They are playing well but we had our chances to beat em. Or At least not get swept

Tbonewannabe
05-25-2017, 11:13 PM
They're probably the best team in the country right now. They're really good at all 3 phases of the game. I think they're a lock for the cws and I'd put my money on them to win it all right now.

Oh and I can't stand Lange... the way he walks around the mound all bowed up and catches the ball barehanded after every strike out tells me he's a douche
Yep, they have 1-9 good hitters and 2 really good starters with a great closer. Canny left them primed for a run.

msstate7
05-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Bout to mercy rule Kentucky

Bothrops
05-25-2017, 11:40 PM
I've said since the week we played them they are going to Omaha

Todd4State
05-26-2017, 12:07 AM
One thing to remember if it makes everyone feel better- Cann built that team.

I think he will build us in a very similar way in that LSU has by my count eight starters/main position players from Louisiana- I'm counting their closer and their two weekend rotation guys and DH so the number will be higher than nine- Poche, Coombs, Freeman, Smith, Deichman, Duplantis, Watson and Jordan are all from Louisiana and I think Cann will do the same thing with us just with the best players from Mississippi and then fill out the rest of the team with out of state guys like LSU has with Lange, Newman, Walker, Papierski, and Robertson.

As a program we're very similar to LSU in some ways. We have an equally passionate fan base, a great tradition of winning, great coaches, and a history of having great facilities. I think the biggest difference that has lead to their NC's is that they are able to retain more of their better upperclass players and there seems to be more pride in coming back for your senior year to win a championship at LSU whereas at MSU our fans have a "take the money and run" attitude.

I'm glad that we have a coach that was a part of their program that can hopefully improve us to the point where we can take the final step. And I firmly believe what LSU looks like now is what we're going to look like in two years. Except hopefully a little bit better during the midweek. Of course I think we have and play more important to our fans midweek rivalry type games than LSU does- Governor's Cup, USM in Jackson, Memphis, and in Biloxi.

SouthMSDog
05-26-2017, 08:11 AM

You would love the "competitive fire" if it were one of our guys doing that. Just like I hated Ian Poulter for years in the Ryder Cup, but loved Patrick Reed's stumpy self shit talking Rory this year.

SouthMSDog
05-26-2017, 08:12 AM
I've said since the week we played them they are going to Omaha

So - last week? :cool:

smootness
05-26-2017, 08:21 AM

How many of the top teams in the country have you seen?

Because the SEC is down a bit this year. They may be the best team in the conference right now, but I seriously doubt they're the best in the country.

BB30
05-26-2017, 08:24 AM

I'd take a Lange on this team right now...

Quaoarsking
05-26-2017, 08:25 AM
There's no such thing as a lock for Omaha. Unfortunately the NCAA baseball tournament is poorly designed as far as determining a champion is concerned

Imagine if the basketball tournament had had 3 double digit seed champions in the past decade. We'd think we need a new system to determine achampion. Well that's the equivalent of what we've seen in baseball, and I'm not even talking about Coastal Carolina. There's way too much randomness in the current tournament format.

smootness
05-26-2017, 08:28 AM
There's no such thing as a lock for Omaha. Unfortunately the NCAA baseball tournament is poorly designed as far as determining a champion is concerned

Imagine if the basketball tournament had had 3 double digit seed champions in the past decade. We'd think we need a new system to determine achampion. Well that's the equivalent of what we've seen in baseball, and I'm not even talking about Coastal Carolina. There's way too much randomness in the current tournament format.

Fresno State and Virginia. Who is the other you're talking about?

msstate7
05-26-2017, 08:29 AM
How many of the top teams in the country have you seen?

Because the SEC is down a bit this year. They may be the best team in the conference right now, but I seriously doubt they're the best in the country.

I've watched Florida, TT, and some ACC ball. I really like Florida and lsu's chances. Florida's staff is top notch and lsu is solid top to bottom... both are peaking

msstate7
05-26-2017, 08:30 AM
You would love the "competitive fire" if it were one of our guys doing that. Just like I hated Ian Poulter for years in the Ryder Cup, but loved Patrick Reed's stumpy self shit talking Rory this year.

I'd love to have his talent. I hate it when guys stomp around like that even if it's our guys

Quaoarsking
05-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Fresno State and Virginia. Who is the other you're talking about?

Oregon State in a year they went 10-14 in the Pac.

louisvilledawg
05-26-2017, 08:39 AM
I'd take a Lange on this team right now...

All day everyday.

confucius say
05-26-2017, 08:49 AM
If Lsu has a downfall, it's starting pitching past Lange. Poche is very beatable and Walker has been horrible at times. I'd pitch my ace against Poche and my #3 against Lange.

For Fla, their bats can get cold.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Oregon State is going to win it this year. They have a complete team.

smootness
05-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Oregon State in a year they went 10-14 in the Pac.

Gotcha, you're right.

It's interesting that 2 of the 3 who have won it as 3/4 seeds have been typical powers. Maybe a case of a young, talented team that took a while to put it together?

TNDawg35
05-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Lange is a douche, but thats why he is so damn good. HE has a cockiness about him like no other. A will that pretty much says you cant beat me you bastard.. and alot of people havent....

msstate7
05-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Bump...

Sec tourney starter stats for tourney...
25.2 ip 16 h 2 er 4 bb 17 k
Era = 0.71
Whip = 0.79

Tourney run totals...
Lsu 25
Opponents (mizzou, Kentucky, USce, ark) 4

Show me a team that's playing better

Skydawg1
05-28-2017, 06:01 PM
By the way, LSU dog-piled in Hoover today. There's no dog-piling in Hoover!!!!

CadaverDawg
05-28-2017, 06:06 PM
LSU always, and I mean ALWAYS, gets a favorable draw when they host. They will be matched up with USM Regional I bet, so we may get another shot at em...we'll see.

msstate7
05-28-2017, 06:08 PM
LSU always, and I mean ALWAYS, gets a favorable draw when they host. They will be matched up with USM Regional I bet, so we may get another shot at em...we'll see.
Although I doubt it ends any differently, I want another shot anyway

MarketingBully
05-28-2017, 06:11 PM
That would be hilarious and fitting if we were the team that blocked them from going to Omaha.

Todd4State
05-28-2017, 06:37 PM
By the way, LSU dog-piled in Hoover today. There's no dog-piling in Hoover!!!!

They did that as a tribute to their former coach who used to be there in November that had absolutely nothing to do with their success past or present.

Skydawg1
05-28-2017, 06:40 PM
LSU always, and I mean ALWAYS, gets a favorable draw when they host. They will be matched up with USM Regional I bet, so we may get another shot at em...we'll see.That Stony Brook tho*