PDA

View Full Version : Per Evan Daniels, Kegler has asked for transfer.

Jacksondevildog
05-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Nm

BeardoMSU
05-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Jeez....WTF?

Big4Dawg
05-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Kids these days. Started all year. Wonder what he wasn't happy with.

Malik last year. Now Kegler.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-25-2017, 10:01 PM
Great...

Skydawg1
05-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Further example of our teams' Basketball IQ.

civildawg
I just don't understand this move. I mean he started all year. What else do you want

msstate7
I remember someone saying this during the season and getting blasted for it

nsvltndog
05-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Couldn't overcome his grief of not getting to play in the SEC - Big 12 Challenge next year.

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Another big body loss after losing mama's boy. I just don't see howland's year 3 streak continuing.

Is peters happy now or can we expect that to be the knock out punch?

Pollodawg
05-25-2017, 10:06 PM
So, when do we call the Howland hire a bust?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Another big body loss after losing mama's boy. I just don't see howland's year 3 streak continuing.

Is peters happy now or can we expect that to be the knock out punch?

Glad to see you taking this so well

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:07 PM

A new contender emerges

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:08 PM
Glad to see you taking this so well

Actually I'm ok. I'm just not seeing a tourney team this year without kegler

ETA... you think howland wins sec to keep year 3 streak going? I don't really see what's wrong with my post

Big4Dawg
05-25-2017, 10:09 PM
Between Brooks drama, Kegler leaving, and unable to land a post grad transfer/transfer, this off season has not done our basketball team in favors.

ShotgunDawg
I'm so 17ing sick of college basketball.

What an absolute joke.

College football beware. It's coming.

Buncha diva's that can't take coaching and don't understand why they aren't already in the NBA. Seriously, how can a coach do his job anymore? They can't coach kids without them packing their shit up and going home. Kegler's body language to me all year looked entitled and non-interested.

The whole sport can just be flushed down the damn toilet as far as I'm concerned.

Pollodawg
A new contender emerges

A new contender for what? I only watch basketball sporadically, but what has he done so far?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Kegler to WKU?...

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Kegler to WKU?...

Kansas?

Pollodawg
05-25-2017, 10:11 PM
I'm just pointing out that if Dan were losing talent left and right, there would be pitchforks in his yard. What's the difference?

Jacksondevildog
Kegler to WKU?...

Prolly Indiana.

Leeshouldveflanked
I remember someone saying this during the season and getting blasted for it

I said he was likely transfer and got blasted......

Maroons
05-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Actually I'm ok. I'm just not seeing a tourney team this year without kegler

If you actually watched us play last year, you'll know we're better off without him. No basketball IQ, questionable attitude, lackluster effort, bad shots.

Wish him the best, but this is addition by subtraction.

confucius say
05-25-2017, 10:14 PM
He will have to sit out a year correct?

Truthfully, I'm not overly concerned by this. His basketball iq is about 2 and he shot way too many threes. Not happy bout it, but I'd much rather keep others if we have to lose one.

HoopsDawg
05-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I said he was likely transfer and got blasted......

Same here. He wants to play the 3. He was going to play stretch 4 for us.

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Think we have to get Q back at 3 with carter at 2 now, which could be a good thing. I think carter goes off this year

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm just pointing out that if Dan were losing talent left and right, there would be pitchforks in his yard. What's the difference?

The difference is over 800 D1 kids have transferred this offseason. This is what college basketball has become. No one is immune.

Pollodawg
05-25-2017, 10:18 PM
The difference is over 800 D1 kids have transferred this offseason. This is what college basketball has become. No one is immune.

Ok. Why isn't MSU winning? Are we anything other than marginally better than we were before he got here?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:19 PM
Think we have to get Q back at 3 with carter at 2 now, which could be a good thing. I think carter goes off this year

PG - Peters/Weatherspoon
SG - Q/Tyson
SF - Xay/Eli
PF - Holman/Datcher
C - Herard/Ado

Pollodawg
05-25-2017, 10:19 PM
I keep hearing what a great coach he is, yet State keeps losing.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:20 PM
Ok. Why isn't MSU winning? Are we anything other than marginally better than we were before he got here?

The team last year would've beat any of Rick Ray's teams as the youngest in the country. It was going to be almost impossible to keep the group intact. I was hoping to get 1 more year together before anybody left.

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:21 PM
PG - Peters/Weatherspoon
SG - Q/Tyson
SF - Xay/Eli
PF - Holman/Datcher
C - Herard/Ado

That actually looks solid. Hopefully this isn't as big a loss as it seemed at first.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:21 PM

lol he's been here 2yrs but if you don't have patience then there's nothing I can say to make you feel better.

Pollodawg
05-25-2017, 10:22 PM
I guess......I'm 90% a football fan anyway. I just want to see if some on these sites are as willing to be as hard on one coach as they are the other.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Kansas?

Western Kentucky..Stansbury haha

HoopsDawg
05-25-2017, 10:25 PM
PG - Peters/Weatherspoon
SG - Q/Tyson
SF - Xay/Eli
PF - Holman/Datcher
C - Herard/Ado

I don't see it that way. I think we go 3 guard lineup with these 5: Q, nick, peters, carter, and a little bit of eli. Then we go Holman, Ado down low with Herard as a 3 man rotation. Then X is the X factor. We play small with him at the stretch 4 and a little at the 3 but not much.

Commercecomet24
05-25-2017, 10:29 PM
The free agent pool in college basketball grows with each passing year. Just the way it is now.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2017, 10:29 PM
I don't see it that way. I think we go 3 guard lineup with these 5: Q, nick, peters, carter, and a little bit of eli. Then we go Holman, Ado down low with Herard as a 3 man rotation. Then X is the X factor. We play small with him at the stretch 4 and a little at the 3 but not much.

Why do you continue to support and be emotionally involved in a cesspool of a sport in which reporters and other fans celebrate things like this, when it only serves to further destroy the sport?

Seriously and I don't mean this to negative towards you. I just don't see how people continue to give a rip about a cesspool of a sport in which 5 coaches that cheat their ass off completely dominate.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:30 PM

I can see that but I'm basing my lineup on a fully 100% recovered Xay with a full offseason to develop his game. I think he has a breakout year next year.

ShotgunDawg
05-25-2017, 10:32 PM
I also don't get why now?

Why didn't Kegler decide to do this earlier?

Did he just get home from school and didn't want to do it with his teammates there?

I don't get the timing.

HoopsDawg
05-25-2017, 10:34 PM
I can see that but I'm basing my lineup on a fully 100% recovered Xay with a full offseason to develop his game. I think he has a breakout year next year.

I hope he busts out but I still think we're going to need nick and peters on the floor together a lot. And you have to have Q out there so that moves Xay to the 4. Holman' the only other guy that can play the 4.

Doggie_Style
05-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Not a surprise at all. It was not a good fit for him, he never looked comfortable. Best of luck to Mario!

Homedawg
05-25-2017, 10:35 PM
I think we might be better off. Sounds stupid but he wanted to play the 3 and we have plenty of minutes w guys who can play the 1-3. Good players.

confucius say
05-25-2017, 10:36 PM
PG - Peters/Weatherspoon
SG - Q/Tyson
SF - Xay/Eli
PF - Holman/Datcher
C - Herard/Ado

Only problem i see is Eli at the three. Can he play there? Seems like liability defensively for sure bc of height.

preachermatt83
05-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Ado will start

BuckyIsAB****
05-25-2017, 10:37 PM
That actually looks solid. Hopefully this isn't as big a loss as it seemed at first.

You think thats an NCAA tourney lineup???

confucius say
05-25-2017, 10:38 PM

Did he just get home from school and didn't want to do it with his teammates there?

I don't get the timing.

I'll get killed and called a homer, but the timing, among other things, suggests this might be a mutual parting more than some think.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-25-2017, 10:38 PM
I hope he busts out but I still think we're going to need nick and peters on the floor together a lot. And you have to have Q out there so that moves Xay to the 4. Holman' the only other guy that can play the 4.

Oh yea Howland is going to keep the 2 PG look a lot. That's just the base list I had. Xay is going to log plenty of minutes at the 4 like Mario unless Datcher really improves. Going small isn't really a bad thing for us.

confucius say
05-25-2017, 10:39 PM

If baby spoon and ado are as good as advertised, absolutely.

Irondawg
05-25-2017, 10:40 PM
Basically today in college basketball you need one of two things to win and getting both is proving damn near impossible. (1) Elite talent (2) Hard nosed, tough minded players. If you are truly elite like KY, Duke, Kansas you can get away with pure talent. Otherwise you need guys who just play hard and are talented enough.

MSU basketball has had neither. We have good athletes that are soft are some hard nosed guys that aren't very talented.

As for Kegler he's a above average talented guy that is too slow to play the 3 and has no desire to play the 4. Be interested to see where he lands and how it plays out.

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:45 PM

No idea. Depends on Q's recovery, freshman to soph development, and how good nick is

msstate7
05-25-2017, 10:47 PM
Speaking of guys wanting to play certain positions which leads to transfer... is Malik expected to play point at Kansas this year?

maroonmania
05-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Why do you continue to support and be emotionally involved in a cesspool of a sport in which reporters and other fans celebrate things like this, when it only serves to further destroy the sport?

Seriously and I don't mean this to negative towards you. I just don't see how people continue to give a rip about a cesspool of a sport in which 5 coaches that cheat their ass off completely dominate.

Its definitely taken a distant 3rd position of my favorite college sports and its mostly because of the entitled, self-absorbed kids that play it now. Its a team game where very few players have any idea of a team concept.

Tbonewannabe
05-25-2017, 11:07 PM

What an absolute joke.

Buncha diva's that can't take coaching and don't understand why they aren't already in the NBA. Seriously, how can a coach do his job anymore? They can't coach kids without them packing their shit up and going home. Kegler's body language to me all year looked entitled and non-interested.

The whole sport can just be flushed down the damn toilet as far as I'm concerned.

Hurmph, Hurmph. I am beginning to hate college basketball.

DogsofAnarchy
05-25-2017, 11:09 PM

Haven't done this in a while but.....You IDIOT!!!

lamont
05-25-2017, 11:15 PM

We'll see what this basketball season brings. He needs to produce this winter

Quaoarsking
05-25-2017, 11:32 PM

Why do you cling to this easily disproven meme?

http://i.imgur.com/pihYg59.png
(Note: We actually finished 88th this year. This image was made before all of the postseason tournaments finished.)

Howland significantly improved Ray's players in his first year, and then with an entirely new starting 5 only regressed a little. There's no reason to think we won't be significantly better in year 3.

Cloak
05-25-2017, 11:50 PM
GOOD. I'm glad Kegler is gone. Never saw the fire or intensity needed to compete. He's a diva and plays half ass. Let him be someone else's problem

CadaverDawg
05-25-2017, 11:59 PM
Meh, I hate losing a large body, but I lost count of the times someone mentioned they "hoped" Kegler would figure it out soon last year....but he never did. He was a rally killer, turnover creator, and was the only guy that didn't show improvement at any point. He's a small forward that thought he was a shooting guard.

Again, you always hate to lose a big talented guy...but if I had to pick a guy to lose, Kegler would probably be it. We'll be more athletic and probably have a better locker room because if it. Good luck, Mario.

Bothrops
05-26-2017, 12:02 AM
I think it's safe to say recruiting a blue chip basketball player from Jackson, MS, usually equates to an enormous waste of time, resources, and effort. I'd either look for sleepers or completely leave that town alone.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Kegler isn't a big loss. A tweener with no hope for the NBA. We need the scholarship for the 2018 class and just got it.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 12:57 AM
The timing sucks and the optics will suck but as you guys said he was a tweener and had no future in the NBA. Stapleton and Eli are better threes. Kegler is an idiot transferring now. Good luck finding a program that will play you at the three. Much like Malik with Horatio, Omar killing Kegler's career.

dawg93
05-26-2017, 12:59 AM
Omhar Carter wanted assurance that Kegler would play the 3. He thinks Kegler is good enough to go pro after two years if given the chance to show his talent on the perimeter. Didn't get the assurance he wanted, so Kegler leaves.

Much like the Malik situation. Kegler is a talented player but not necessarily a good player at this point in his career. Has a ton of potential, but as has been stated, low basketball IQ and big time AAU mentality (shoot as often as possible, play defense as little as necessary). That being said, I believe we will see both players drafted before all is said and done. I also could see both on an NBA roster (it helps having 15 spots now per team vs. 12 spots like in old days). I don't see either ever being anything more than a bench player at best.

However, being from Jackson, Malik isn't half the player Monte Ellis was at the same point and Mario couldn't hold Darius Rice's jock right now, even when Darius was a freshman at Miami.

The main thing that could hurt now is losing the connection with Omhar. Love him or hate him, he has players. Always has and always will. Ladarius Marshall and Michael Barbour both in Class of 2018 are his. And, he brings in kids from Africa to the states every year now. Need to keep that connection open if possible. That's up to George Brooks.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 01:17 AM
With Kegler's attitude, he isn't making the NBA.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 01:20 AM
Omhar Carter wanted assurance that Kegler would play the 3. He thinks Kegler is good enough to go pro after two years if given the chance to show his talent on the perimeter. Didn't get the assurance he wanted, so Kegler leaves.

Much like the Malik situation. Kegler is a talented player but not necessarily a good player at this point in his career. Has a ton of potential, but as has been stated, low basketball IQ and big time AAU mentality (shoot as often as possible, play defense as little as necessary). That being said, I believe we will see both players drafted before all is said and done. I also could see both on an NBA roster (it helps having 15 spots now per team vs. 12 spots like in old days). I don't see either ever being anything more than a bench player at best.

However, being from Jackson, Malik isn't half the player Monte Ellis was at the same point and Mario couldn't hold Darius Rice's jock right now, even when Darius was a freshman at Miami.

The main thing that could hurt now is losing the connection with Omhar. Love him or hate him, he has players. Always has and always will. Ladarius Marshall and Michael Barbour both in Class of 2018 are his. And, he brings in kids from Africa to the states every year now. Need to keep that connection open if possible. That's up to George Brooks.

We are getting DJ Stewart and Robert Woodard for 2018 which will fill those two 2018 spots. Not sure those two you mention are high on our board.

Dawg61
05-26-2017, 04:01 AM
I think it's safe to say recruiting a blue chip basketball player from Jackson, MS, usually equates to an enormous waste of time, resources, and effort. I'd either look for sleepers or completely leave that town alone.

Both Spoons and Stapleton are from the Jackson area, and I called Kegler after he was acting like a diva in the high school national tournament. Howland has to stop signing players that show signs of being divas before they even make it to campus. This one is on Howland. If it was obvious to me watching Kegler twice from my ****ing couch he was going to be a problem it has to be more obvious to Howland. STOP SIGNING BABIES

Dawg61
05-26-2017, 04:10 AM

1) Why can't we ever sign 1 or 2 of these 800 transfers? 2) We need to be permanently done with Ohmar Carter. I don't want to hear us signing one of his players ever again. I'd much rather give some player from Australia or Italy a shot over signing some 5* Ohmar Carter diva any day every day.

Ari Gold
05-26-2017, 06:09 AM

Bruce Pearl first 3 years at Auburn. No post season one winning season ( last year)
Frank Martin first 3 years at USCe (17-16 year 3 first winning season)
Shaka Smart year 2 at Texas won 11 games.

And CBH was given far less to work with than those 3 when they all got to their respective schools.

Some of you people act like we were a national power in hoops. We haven't been to the dance since I think 09 and haven't been to the sweet 16 in over 20 years.

Losing Keg hurts more perception wise more than anything. This gives more minutes to Tyson, X and Eli. His departure may improve that locker room.

Everyone chill the **** out, let's see how much the sophomores to be will improve this year. I'm guesssing a lot. Along with the incoming stud Spoon and a healthy Q..not to mention more depth with Ado at the 5

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 06:13 AM
1) Why can't we ever sign 1 or 2 of these 800 transfers? 2) We need to be permanently done with Ohmar Carter. I don't want to hear us signing one of his players ever again. I'd much rather give some player from Australia or Italy a shot over signing some 5* Ohmar Carter diva any day every day.

Kind of hard to avoid him considering he is the main guy of the MBA Hoops AAU team. We can't get a good grad transfer because believe it or not our grad school requirements are too high. As far as other transfers, I think we are trying to build from the high school ranks. Hopefully losing Newman and Kegler are addition by subtraction and it creates better team chemistry because of it. Kegler was one of the freshmen that really disappointed me because with all of the hype he got he should have produced at a much higher clip.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 06:14 AM
Bruce Pearl first 3 years at Auburn. No post season one winning season ( last year)
Frank Martin first 3 years at USCe (17-16 year 3 first winning season)
Shaka Smart year 2 at Texas won 11 games.

And CBH was given far less to work with than those 3 when they all got to their respective schools.

Some of you people act like we were a national power in hoops. We haven't been to the dance since I think 09 and haven't been to the sweet 16 in over 20 years.

Losing Keg hurts more perception wise more than anything. This gives more minutes to Tyson, X and Eli. His departure may improve that locker room.

Everyone chill the **** out, let's see how much the sophomores to be will improve this year. I'm guesssing a lot. Along with the incoming stud Spoon and a healthy Q..not to mention more depth with Ado at the 5

I agree. I think this is addition by subtraction.

Jacksondevildog
05-26-2017, 06:30 AM
Guys, he almost transferred at Christmas. I thought we got things cleared up, but we didn't.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 06:40 AM
Guys, he almost transferred at Christmas. I thought we got things cleared up, but we didn't.

He didn't even start for Oak Hill and didn't play well there. He is an overhyped tweener that may develop into a good not great college player and won't see the NBA. It's the cold truth but Braxton Key was the better player between the two and we got sold an overhyped bill of goods. Good luck wherever he lands though.

msstate7
05-26-2017, 06:50 AM
Well I guess I'm in the minority, but I wish we could've kept him. I saw a freshman that had an NBA body, but could only play well in spurts... kinda like all our freshmen last year.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 07:02 AM
Well I guess I'm in the minority, but I wish we could've kept him. I saw a freshman that had an NBA body, but could only play well in spurts... kinda like all our freshmen last year.

Sure but he didn't want to do what it took to play the four. He wanted to stay on the perimeter and play the three. His best bet would have been to learn to slash to the goal draw fouls and shoot free throws. Make defenders respect his game driving to the basket and mix in his perimeter game when he had open shots. He disappeared down the stretch offensively and wasn't much better defensively. I agree he had a lot of potential but it was just that potential.

smootness
05-26-2017, 07:13 AM
Lulz what a freaking idiot. Carter too. I agree on being done with him. I don't care what players he has, they're not worth it.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Lulz what a freaking idiot. Carter too. I agree on being done with him. I don't care what players he has, they're not worth it.

Yep and they time asking for the release when Coach Howland isn't in town to create an extra shitstorm. Very cheap way to ask for the release.

smootness
05-26-2017, 07:21 AM
He just ruined any chance he had. So cool, see ya.

HSVDawg
05-26-2017, 08:09 AM

I don't get the timing.

When else would he leave? The season ended in early March. He finished out the semester, probably went home and talked it over with family / acquaintances, then decided to bolt. He left pretty much at the earliest opportunity that made sense. He had nothing to gain by leaving in January in the middle of the season.

louisvilledawg
05-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Both Spoons and Stapleton are from the Jackson area, and I called Kegler after he was acting like a diva in the high school national tournament. Howland has to stop signing players that show signs of being divas before they even make it to campus. This one is on Howland. If it was obvious to me watching Kegler twice from my ****ing couch he was going to be a problem it has to be more obvious to Howland. STOP SIGNING BABIES

I wish i had a ****ing couch.

louisvilledawg
05-26-2017, 08:12 AM
I saw him in Zaxby's in jackson the other night repping MSU gear and two other guys that were with him were decked out in MSU gear. Very weird.

smootness
05-26-2017, 08:23 AM
I saw him in Zaxby's in jackson the other night repping MSU gear and two other guys that were with him were decked out in MSU gear. Very weird.

That's probably most of his wardrobe, to be honest. Athletes get tons and tons of free gear.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 08:31 AM
When else would he leave? The season ended in early March. He finished out the semester, probably went home and talked it over with family / acquaintances, then decided to bolt. He left pretty much at the earliest opportunity that made sense. He had nothing to gain by leaving in January in the middle of the season.

It's Omhar Carter not Mario Kegler. I doubt Kegler even had a say in this.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 08:35 AM

The timing of when Kegler and Newman asked for their release is not normal. Usually this is done right after the season when they have their end of season review with the coach in March or at the latest early April. Transfers almost never announce this late. Hell, the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft has already passed.

HSVDawg
05-26-2017, 08:35 AM
It's Omhar Carter not Mario Kegler. I doubt Kegler even had a say in this.

All I was saying is there was nothing unusual about the timing. F him for leaving, and I wish him nothing but the worst, but its not like it isn't the high season for transfers right now.

HSVDawg
05-26-2017, 08:39 AM
The timing of when Kegler and Newman asked for their release is not normal. Usually this is done right after the season when they have their end of season review with the coach in March or at the latest early April. Transfers almost never announce this late. Hell, the deadline to withdraw from the NBA draft has already passed.

Why would he not finish out the semester? No sense in announcing a transfer, then awkwardly hanging out for two more months with your now ex-teammates. Waiting gives time to think it sll the way through and also survey the market. There is literally no downside. Would you turn in a 2 months notice before leaving for another job?

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 08:40 AM
All I was saying is there was nothing unusual about the timing. F him for leaving, and I wish him nothing but the worst, but its not like it isn't the high season for transfers right now.

Hell yes the timing is unusual. Next week is summer school and school has been done with for a couple of weeks. This is the latest I have seen a player ask for a transfer that wasn't in the NBA draft.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 08:43 AM
Why would he not finish out the semester? No sense in announcing a transfer, then awkwardly hanging out for two more months with your now ex-teammates. Waiting gives time to think it sll the way through and also survey the market. There is literally no downside. Would you turn in a 2 months notice before leaving for another job?

That's what transfers do. They announce in March and April finish out their semester take visits and figure out where they want to go before summer school starts in most places. Only douches do what Kegler/Carter did there because it gives us no contingency plan to try to get another transfer here or even go after a late 2017 player. Transfers almost always ask for releases in March or April. We are damn near in June.

HSVDawg
05-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Hell yes the timing is unusual. Next week is summer school and school has been done with for a couple of weeks. This is the latest I have seen a player ask for a transfer that wasn't in the NBA draft.

I don't see how the NBA draft or summer school ties in. Like Newman, Keglar is not an NBA player so that really has no bearing now or ever on when he would decide to transfer. Summer school is not a requirement either.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 08:49 AM
I don't see how the NBA draft or summer school ties in. Like Newman, Keglar is not an NBA player so that really has no bearing now or ever on when he would decide to transfer. Summer school is not a requirement either.

Okay, look at when most players (90%) announced transfers and then look at when Kegler asked for his release. I bet there is probably a month or more between the two.

HSVDawg
05-26-2017, 08:57 AM
That's what transfers do. They announce in March and April finish out their semester take visits and figure out where they want to go before summer school starts in most places. Only douches do what Kegler/Carter did there because it gives us no contingency plan to try to get another transfer here or even go after a late 2017 player. Transfers almost always ask for releases in March or April. We are damn near in June.

Okay, so it sucks that he's transferring but it would have made it so much better if he was super nice and polite about it? To hell with that. Late March / Early April is around the same time of the Garrison Brooks saga, and it was already well established that we had literally no options to replace him. This would have been no different if it happened a month and a half ago. Let's just agree that Keglar - Carter are both douchebags and move on.

HSVDawg
05-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Okay, look at when most players (90%) announced transfers and then look at when Kegler asked for his release. I bet there is probably a month or more between the two.

I'll just take your word for it. No difference to me if it happens in April or May. And no long term impact to our program either for one option over the other.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 09:03 AM

How do you know he didnt ask for a release a long time ago and were just now hearing about it?

confucius say
05-26-2017, 09:06 AM

Camden is as close to Louisville as it is to jackson.

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 09:09 AM
How do you know he didnt ask for a release a long time ago and were just now hearing about it?

Because with as leaky as our athletic department is, it would have gotten out almost instantaneously.

confucius say
05-26-2017, 09:11 AM

He's the last of the 800 transfers to announce they are transferring. Seems later than the norm.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 09:13 AM

I guess we need to go ahead and take Kenneth Nwuba off the list for 2018 then.

Dawg61
05-26-2017, 09:18 AM

George Brooks can pack Kegler's bags for him and he, Carter and Kegler can leave this campus for good. If Howland signs another Ohmar Carter player he can pack his bags too.

LC Dawg
05-26-2017, 09:21 AM
I hope Howland gets us winning soon because right now I hate college basketball and I used to love it. Hopefully us winning will help me ignore all the dirtiness and ugliness that goes along with it.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-26-2017, 09:23 AM
George Brooks can pack Kegler's bags for him and he, Carter and Kegler can leave this campus for good. If Howland signs another Ohmar Carter player he can pack his bags too.

The Weatherspoon's were Ohmar guys.

smootness
05-26-2017, 09:29 AM

Not in the same sense. They may have played AAU for him, but he's not their handler and controlling their lives like he seems to be doing with Kegler.

drunkernhelldawg
05-26-2017, 09:33 AM

What an absolute joke.

I feel ya'. The NCAA has a lot of work to do. Main thing is we need rules that allow athletes to be fairly compensated for the contributions they make.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-26-2017, 09:37 AM
Not in the same sense. They may have played AAU for him, but he's not their handler and controlling their lives like he seems to be doing with Kegler.

I know that. I was just pointing out that we've gotten some other MBA players. He said not to sign another Ohmar player have to be careful with that statement.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-26-2017, 09:39 AM
Honestly not that upset. If I was given a choice for one player to leave, it would have been him. I think he was wayyyy overrated and plenty of times last year he was too busy celebrating a shot to get back down the floor on defense. Typical primadonna "me" mentality

MarketingBully
05-26-2017, 09:39 AM

I agree Smoot but I do think you have to keep some relationship with Omhar Carter just because he is the head of the MBA AAU program. I just think Kegler is getting extremely bad advice and will never find a situation where they will play him solely at the three. The thing I hate the most about this are the optics of it. In the last year, we have had Newman transfer, the Garrison Brooks debacle, and now this. We have had nothing but bad PR and on top of that had a disappointing season last year. But the best thing that can stop this negativity is a great season this year. I am hopeful Howland can get this done.

jeremyrbrown
05-26-2017, 09:53 AM

I believe Omhar Carter was Kegler's legal guardian.

smootness
05-26-2017, 09:53 AM
I agree Smoot but I do think you have to keep some relationship with Omhar Carter just because he is the head of the MBA AAU program. I just think Kegler is getting extremely bad advice and will never find a situation where they will play him solely at the three. The thing I hate the most about this are the optics of it. In the last year, we have had Newman transfer, the Garrison Brooks debacle, and now this. We have had nothing but bad PR and on top of that had a disappointing season last year. But the best thing that can stop this negativity is a great season this year. I am hopeful Howland can get this done.

I'm not saying you destroy the relationship. We should continue to go after players we like who play for his AAU team. But any player with a similar relationship with him as Kegler has? Heck no.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-26-2017, 09:54 AM
I believe Omhar Carter was Kegler's legal guardian.

He is

notsofarawaydawg
05-26-2017, 10:32 AM
What's really funny is that the Commercial Dispatch in Columbus has an article today on this very subject BUT no where in the paper do they mention the guard from Tennessee who has requested to get out of his deal with Ole Miss. I won't link the article because I detest that paper as much or more than I do the Clarion Liar but it's my only source of local news since WCBI sucks donkey dicks big time.

MedDawg
05-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Why do you cling to this easily disproven meme?

http://i.imgur.com/pihYg59.png

How in the hell did we finish with a better RPI in 2003 than 2004?

shannondawg
05-26-2017, 10:44 AM
I just had the feeling all year, that Kegler was not a team player.

True we will probably miss him, but for the overall good of the team, this might be best in the long run.

smootness
05-26-2017, 10:50 AM
How in the hell did we finish with a better RPI in 2003 than 2004?

That is not RPI, it is KenPom's rating.

Our RPI in 2004 was top 5.

Brahmabull
05-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Omhar is a piece of shit! There were times when he would be in Kegler's ear during timeouts and when he was on the bench telling him to make sure he got his shots. To hell with the team or what is actual coach says, just get yours. That's Omhar's mentality. He may con these kids/family's into letting him control them, but he is a shitbird!

Dawg61
05-26-2017, 12:02 PM
Omhar is a piece of shit! There were times when he would be in Kegler's ear during timeouts and when he was on the bench telling him to make sure he got his shots. To hell with the team or what is actual coach says, just get yours. That's Omhar's mentality. He may con these kids/family's into letting him control them, but he is a shitbird!

Ban him from campus. Make a statement! Enough is enough, this ****er destroys basketball careers and thinks he gets to run our basketball program and be a parasite to the best players in the state that aren't old enough or smart enough to know he is a total piece of shit

smootness
05-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Ban him from campus. Make a statement! Enough is enough, this ****er destroys basketball careers and thinks he gets to run our basketball program and be a parasite to the best players in the state that aren't old enough or smart enough to know he is a total piece of shit

Don't go that far. We do want players who come through his AAU team, we just don't want anymore he happens to be guardian of. But pissing him off won't do us any good.

CarolinaDawgs
05-26-2017, 12:42 PM
Kegler to Baylor is what I'm hearing.

edit: per will sammon tweet.

Dawg61
05-26-2017, 12:44 PM

Drew been in contact with our player. Turn him in

smootness
05-26-2017, 12:56 PM

edit: per will sammon tweet.