PDA

View Full Version : Per Cohen on another MSU web site

Todd4State
05-25-2017, 08:52 AM
The Lofts are going to be completed by 2019.

HSVDawg
05-25-2017, 08:57 AM

Very cool. Sounds like it will be close to what was promised after all.

CadaverDawg
05-25-2017, 09:00 AM
Good news. Glad several sources were wrong

Liverpooldawg
05-25-2017, 09:07 AM
Yep, looks like all the wailing wasn't necessary.

archdog
05-25-2017, 09:49 AM

Already bought 3.

BossDawg
05-25-2017, 11:11 AM
I approve of this message!

Homedawg
05-25-2017, 12:14 PM

not sure how that's the case considering they aren't part of the current bid. they would have to go back to ihl and get further approval, which is possible, and have to raise additional funds. which is possible too, but im not holding my breath on the lofts unless a whole lot has changed in the last couple of weeks.

BrunswickDawg
05-25-2017, 12:34 PM
not sure how that's the case considering they aren't part of the current bid. they would have to go back to ihl and get further approval, which is possible, and have to raise additional funds. which is possible too, but im not holding my breath on the lofts unless a whole lot has changed in the last couple of weeks.

Um, so Cohen is just lying?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-25-2017, 01:04 PM

I guess he just made it up to appease the fans for now....

Homedawg
05-25-2017, 01:32 PM

um, where did cohen say it? its an article on genespage and that part isnt even up.. but what is a FACT is that the 55 million approved and the current plans do NOT include lofts.

BrunswickDawg
05-25-2017, 01:47 PM
um, where did cohen say it? its an article on genespage and that part isnt even up.. but what is a FACT is that the 55 million approved and the current plans do NOT include lofts.

Well, I would assume since that whole interview was with Cohen and Hemphill, that this closing line of "I will continue this seven-part series Friday with an article about the left field Lofts, a project that is still on the agenda and expected to be completed by the 2019 season." implies that Cohen is going to talk about A) The Lofts; B) that it is still happening; and C) it will be completed by 2019.

You are correct, the current project approved by the IHL and the $55 m does not include the Loft. However, your statement implies that the Lofts can't happen. Now, I would assume that the mechanics of that have been that when State went to the IHL for approval of the stadium that enough people hadn't bought in to take the risk of issuing the bonds, OR, people have bought in and due to the nature of it being a residential development the IHL can't have involvement in the funding. Either way, from the tease on the article, whatever hurdles that might have been in place are not a problem and it appears that Cohen has it moving forward.

Homedawg
05-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Well, I would assume since that whole interview was with Cohen and Hemphill, that this closing line of "I will continue this seven-part series Friday with an article about the left field Lofts, a project that is still on the agenda and expected to be completed by the 2019 season." implies that Cohen is going to talk about A) The Lofts; B) that it is still happening; and C) it will be completed by 2019.

You are correct, the current project approved by the IHL and the $55 m does not include the Loft. However, your statement implies that the Lofts can't happen. Now, I would assume that the mechanics of that have been that when State went to the IHL for approval of the stadium that enough people hadn't bought in to take the risk of issuing the bonds, OR, people have bought in and due to the nature of it being a residential development the IHL can't have involvement in the funding. Either way, from the tease on the article, whatever hurdles that might have been in place are not a problem and it appears that Cohen has it moving forward.

Nope. Not once did I say they would never happen. Go re-read it. I said I wouldn't hold my breath and that was in reference to them being done in 2019 considering they were slow w sales and not even in the project. If I'm wrong great. It will look better. But just don't see them being there in 2019 unless there has been a major change. Which, is possible. I suppose.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-25-2017, 04:30 PM
I guess he just made it up to appease the fans for now....

Wait! That's not allowed?......Ross Bjork

Ifyouonlyknew
05-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Overview of the Loft Interview

Will be financed by the Bulldog Club
Will be ready for the stadium opening in 2019
$4-6Mil project
Will be a multi-level building exact size not yet decided - Could be something like a 12 or 24 unit complex. Also may build 1 12 unit building with the option of another 12 unit building later or could just build 1 24 unit building now. Will depend on demand

HoopsDawg
05-26-2017, 12:02 PM
If you have money to burn, the Loft is a great place to burn it. Get to stay on campus for all sporting events.

Homedawg
05-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Go read the article. We would like to have it ready by 2019. Our goal is to have it ready by 2019. Hell they haven't decided the price and what it's going to be and don't even have it w an architect. Like I said, it's a dream to think that thing is going to be here in 19. It might be built. But it won't be then if ever.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Go read the article. We would like to have it ready by 2019. Our goal is to have it ready by 2019. Hell they haven't decided the price and what it's going to be and don't even have it w an architect. Like I said, it's a dream to think that thing is going to be here in 19. It might be built. But it won't be then if ever.

Something tells me your cherrios taste like urine?

Homedawg
05-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Something tells me your cherrios taste like urine?

Good grief man. If you say one damn negative thing on here people go nuts. Maybe they will be built one day. That better????

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Good grief man. If you say one damn negative thing on here people go nuts. Maybe they will be built one day. That better????

Dude, I was just screwing with you. It is funny that you are so insistent that there is almost 0% chance that the Lofts will be built.

shannondawg
05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Would they be tax deductible?

Bothrops
05-26-2017, 03:14 PM
We pretty much have no choice but to build the lofts now. Because someone else will if we don't pretty soon. Should have kept that project under the pillow, then we could have announced it at a good time.

Todd4State
05-26-2017, 03:35 PM
It sounds to me like the Bulldog Club is going to build them. I think Cohen is going to push this through.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 03:50 PM
It sounds to me like the Bulldog Club is going to build them. I think Cohen is going to push this through.

With the price of hotels around Starkville, the Bulldog Club could probably make bank renting the damn things out.

Todd4State
05-26-2017, 03:54 PM
With the price of hotels around Starkville, the Bulldog Club could probably make bank renting the damn things out.

I agree. I think it might be better to rent at least some of them out on a short term basis than on a long term basis.

Homedawg
05-26-2017, 04:33 PM

I think in some shape form or fashion they will probably happen. Just not by 2019. We have no price and no plan because the price and plan we started with was way too expensive.

Homedawg
05-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Dude, I was just screwing with you. It is funny that you are so insistent that there is almost 0% chance that the Lofts will be built.

Not what I said. Just not now.

Tbonewannabe
05-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Not what I said. Just not now.

Sorry, I took the "if not ever" comment as the chance this gets built is 0% right now and probably 0% ever. My reading comprehension is probably shit on a late Friday.

Bass Chaser
05-26-2017, 05:48 PM
According to today's article a $4-6MM project taken on by the BDC.