PDA

View Full Version : Sec basketball bad news

msstate7
05-23-2017, 09:19 PM
Maten returning to Georgia
Key returning to bama

HoopsDawg
05-23-2017, 09:22 PM
not really bad news. I want the SEC to be good. Bama could be really good.

msstate7
05-23-2017, 09:58 PM
not really bad news. I want the SEC to be good. Bama could be really good.

I think bama will be right below Kentucky as 2nd best sec team

Choctaw Dawg
05-23-2017, 10:17 PM

I don't think Bama will be there this year but they will be there. It will be us and Bama competing for a top spot in a few years with kentucky.

Irondawg
05-23-2017, 10:24 PM
And did I see yesterday in the sec ticket where Tan got a big transfer. Guy that maybe led the NCAA in scoring

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 08:09 AM
As long as Frazier is gone from Georgia, that's all that matters. He was the straw that stirred the drink for that team.

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 08:10 AM

We know.

KentuckyDawg13
05-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Tan?

msstate7
05-24-2017, 08:46 AM
We know.

Haha... what's your top tier?

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Haha... what's your top tier?

I'd have to think about it. There are still players that are deciding to come back so I will have something by June.

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 08:48 AM
Tan?

He meant Tennessee.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2017, 09:13 AM
If were going to be in that discussion, we better step in up. As good of a recruiter Howland and Co. are, Avery Johnson is kicking Howlands ass right now.

smootness
05-24-2017, 09:16 AM
If were going to be in that discussion, we better step in up. As good of a recruiter Howland and Co. are, Avery Johnson is kicking Howlands ass right now.

He's really not. They have a great 2017 class, but top to bottom, it's not better than our 2016 class. And while Key is great, he's the only HS recruit they brought in for 2016. And we are looking good in the 2018 class.

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 09:18 AM

We haven't lost a player to him so I wouldn't say he is kicking our ass recruiting wise. We recruited the 5th ranked recruiting class in 2016 and were an extremely young team last year. I will be very interested in how our freshmen progress as sophomores. I think Nick will be awesome for us. I also think if Tyson Carter gains about 10-15 pounds this offseason he will make huge strides. We also have Ado this year. We have one of the more talented teams in the SEC. Just need our freshmen to make the jump.

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 09:19 AM
He's really not. They have a great 2017 class, but top to bottom, it's not better than our 2016 class. And while Key is great, he's the only HS recruit they brought in for 2016. And we are looking good in the 2018 class.

I agree with you Smoot. :)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2017, 09:32 AM
We haven't lost a player to him so I wouldn't say he is kicking our ass recruiting wise. We recruited the 5th ranked recruiting class in 2016 and were an extremely young team last year. I will be very interested in how our freshmen progress as sophomores. I think Nick will be awesome for us. I also think if Tyson Carter gains about 10-15 pounds this offseason he will make huge strides. We also have Ado this year. We have one of the more talented teams in the SEC. Just need our freshmen to make the jump.

I wasn't referring to going after the same players. If I am a salesman and my territory is the SE and you're a salesman and your territory is MW and I sell more, I am kicking your ass in sales. You think the boss is going to say, "Well you had more sales but you weren't selling head to head so it don't matter."

smootness
05-24-2017, 09:46 AM
I wasn't referring to going after the same players. If I am a salesman and my territory is the SE and you're a salesman and your territory is MW and I sell more, I am kicking your ass in sales. You think the boss is going to say, "Well you had more sales but you weren't selling head to head so it don't matter."

But he's not selling more.

Dawg61
05-24-2017, 09:54 AM

It only seems like Avery is kicking our ass right now because Howland's big splash came right away in recruiting as he filled up the available roster spots right away and now we have basically had a full roster for almost two years. There's only one spot open on the roster to sign anyone so we are stuck in this gap in time till players graduate and that isn't a bad thing. Enjoy having a full roster full of 4* players that are getting better by the day. Huge turnover every year isn't really a good thing.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2017, 09:55 AM
But he's not selling more.

He's getting better players. Did you miss them kicking our ass three times last year?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2017, 09:57 AM
It only seems like Avery is kicking our ass right now because Howland's big splash came right away in recruiting as he filled up the available roster spots right away and now we have basically had a full roster for almost two years. There's only one spot open on the roster to sign anyone so we are stuck in this gap in time till players graduate and that isn't a bad thing. Enjoy having a full roster full of 4* players that are getting better by the day. Huge turnover every year isn't really a good thing.

I guess in the next couple of years we will see a head to head battle with Alabama for a number of recruits. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be surprised.

smootness
05-24-2017, 10:01 AM
He's getting better players. Did you miss them kicking our ass three times last year?

So are we discussing the players Avery Johnson has brought in, or the players who were there when each coach arrived?

Because those are two different discussions. He has not brought in better players overall in the 2016/2017 recruiting classes.

MarketingBully
05-24-2017, 10:07 AM
I guess in the next couple of years we will see a head to head battle with Alabama for a number of recruits. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be surprised.

We're getting Woodard. The only other battle I can think of is for the kid in Mountain Brook which Avery has a better advantage there. They are not kicking our ass though. If Sexton is as good as you guys make him out to be, they will only have him one year anyway.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-24-2017, 10:44 AM

He did beat us last year 3x but to say he's outrecruiting Howland just isn't true. They both came in during the 2015 class. Totals here

Howland - 1 5* 9 4* 3 3*

Johnson - 1 5* 4 4* 5 3*

Now we'll see in the next few years who has the better program but let's not act like Avery inherited a dumpster fire. Anthony Grant was there 6 season. 5 winnings seasons, 4 post season appearances (1 NCAA 3 NIT).

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Didnt they just get Tevin Mack transfer from Texas?

Dawg61
05-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Avery has kicked Howland's ass on the court and with getting quality transfers but Howland has beaten him slightly in recruiting high school players. Avery's situation wasn't near the dumpster fire that Ray left Howland with tho too. It is time for Howland to make a significant jump in wins and losses. I want postseason this year. No excuses.

Dawg61
05-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Didnt they just get Tevin Mack transfer from Texas?

The troll is out in full force today, musta drank some strong coffee this morning, putting in overtime

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-24-2017, 12:46 PM
The troll is out in full force today, musta drank some strong coffee this morning, putting in overtime

GD man are you obsessed with me? And you're calling me a troll? Do you even have a job? You are the one starting shit with me and based on my reputation point comments, and pm's in response to the thread yesterday, I am far from being alone in those who don't like you too well.