PDA

View Full Version : Welcome aboard Mayden!!!

Mjoelner34
05-23-2017, 07:43 PM
https://twitter.com/mayden_5/status/867178003406741504

Cloak
05-23-2017, 07:46 PM
Great get. Go Dawgs

DancingRabbit
05-23-2017, 07:47 PM
Sweet!

I seen it dawg
05-23-2017, 07:51 PM
This is a good thing

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Dan doing work. Dak paying off.

msstate7
05-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Awesome.

starkvegasdawg
05-23-2017, 07:52 PM
This is a good thing
No mistakes were made.

Bully13
05-23-2017, 07:58 PM
I never thought I'd see this type of good QB stuff at MSU.

Bothrops
05-23-2017, 07:58 PM
Welcome aboard Jalen and Powers!

BayouDawg
05-23-2017, 08:03 PM
I think I can get used to this rueing haha!

lamont
05-23-2017, 08:04 PM
I saw him and his family at a scrimmage. Exactly what we are looking for- they were nothing but class and enjoyed their visit.

He gets on campus- and our QB talent becomes top 5 if not top 3 in the country.

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2017, 08:13 PM
I've been hard on Mullen but one thing he absolutely 100 percent can do is coach and recruit QBs. Him vs Key Thompson is going to be a hell of a battle and we will be in good hands either way

preachermatt83
05-23-2017, 08:13 PM
I saw him and his family at a scrimmage. Exactly what we are looking for- they were nothing but class and enjoyed their visit.

Agreed 100 percent!! He is already mentally ahead of most any qb I've ever seen!! His coach says that mauled designs a lot of their plays

lamont
05-23-2017, 08:16 PM
I've been hard on Mullen but one thing he absolutely 100 percent can do is coach and recruit QBs. Him vs Key Thompson is going to be a hell of a battle and we will be in good hands either way

Well, if Fitz stays healthy- it allows us to RS Mayden in 2018. In 2019- Thompson will be a Jr and Mayden a R-Fr if all works out for the best

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Well, if Fitz stays healthy- it allows us to RS Mayden in 2018. In 2019- Thompson will be a Jr and Mayden a R-Fr if all works out for the best

Good point. Only bad thing about stockpiling QB talent is that you can only play 1. I dont like the 2 QB system. If you are playing 2 it means you aint got 1. Mullen did make it work with Leak and Tebow but still it rarely works

Bothrops
05-23-2017, 08:19 PM

No doubt - top 3.

Homedawg
05-23-2017, 08:24 PM

You say that but the recruit qb hasn't been true. He has been able to EVALUATE qb's. The only 2 qb's he's recruited that were highly or half way highly recruited were Thompson and mayden. And that's not a knock. Just a fact. The evaluating part is the most important anyway.

Homedawg
05-23-2017, 08:24 PM
Good point. Only bad thing about stockpiling QB talent is that you can only play 1. I dont like the 2 QB system. If you are playing 2 it means you aint got 1. Mullen did make it work with Leak and Tebow but still it rarely works

We will have a sr a soph and a guy redshirting. It's perfect.

Homedawg
05-23-2017, 08:25 PM

Sorry should have read them all but this!

lamont
05-23-2017, 08:27 PM

It doesnt have to be a 2 QB system. It can be a situation where you look to get your back-up some quality reps though or have them specialize in some type of package to get them experience. Most times you can keep 2 QB's happy when there is some separation in classes

somebodyshotmypaw
05-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Ten years ago (2007) our roster was Michael Henig, Josh Riddell, and Wes Carroll.

Turfdawg67
05-23-2017, 08:45 PM

It's hard to recruit to State, at least for big names out of state , especially if you do it the right way. But it's taken a lot of years - and the NCAA to even the playing field - but "hopefully" we've turned the corner!! Now let's get some big OL & WR to really compete in the SEC!! Hail State!!

AlSwearengen
05-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Our wr recruiting has got to pick up, if for no other reason than the fact that we are signing high quality qb's now.

Bothrops
05-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Our wr recruiting has got to pick up, if for no other reason than the fact that we are signing high quality qb's now.

Y'all got that right!

Bass Chaser
05-23-2017, 09:02 PM
If you can redshirt and still play 4 games that'll be huge. I don't remember seeing a ruling on this.

Reason2succeed
05-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Ten years ago (2007) our roster was Michael Henig, Josh Riddell, and Wes Carroll.

Goodness we've come a long way. Those guys could MAYBE walk on in Mullen's program.

And I don't care how much we fitch and buss as long alas we have a QB we have a chance. That's why Mullen will be allowed to stay around for a long time even with Hev. Now hopefully we improve in OL and at WR.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Goodness we've come a long way. Those guys could MAYBE walk on in Mullen's program.

And I don't care how much we fitch and buss as long alas we have a QB we have a chance. That's why Mullen will be allowed to stay around for a long time even with Hev. Now hopefully we improve in OL and at WR.

Mullen has coached Alex Smith (#1 draft pick who is entering his 13th season), Cam Newton (#1 draft pick), Tim Tebow (Heisman trophy and first rounder), Dak Prescott (greatest season for a rookie QB in NFL history), and Nick Fitzgerald (on pace to erase many of Dak's records). Greatest QB coaching resume in football.

fader2103
05-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Great thing about getting Mayden in the boat this early, is he will be able to recruit for us. Especially in talent rich Texas. Go get you some receivers and OLinemen.

Jack Lambert
05-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Welcome aboard Jalen and Powers!

I second this!

confucius say
05-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Mullen has coached Alex Smith (#1 draft pick who is entering his 13th season), Cam Newton (#1 draft pick), Tim Tebow (Heisman trophy and first rounder), Dak Prescott (greatest season for a rookie QB in NFL history), and Nick Fitzgerald (on pace to erase many of Dak's records). Greatest QB coaching resume in football.

And you're not even counting his biggest achievement - relf

Jack Lambert
05-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Reading this thread vs reading the thread about Warren is as different as getting a BJ from Jenna Jameson vs Kick in the nuts. Thanks Shotgun.

Bully13
05-23-2017, 09:45 PM
And you're not even counting his biggest achievement - relf

Damn. What's Relf up to these days? I will always love me some Relf. Hope he's enjoying life.

confucius say
05-23-2017, 09:46 PM
Reading this thread vs reading the thread about Warren is as different as getting a BJ vs Kick in the nuts. Thanks Shotgun.

Would you agree to get kicked in the nuts at noon if it meant a BJ that night?

Jack Lambert
05-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Would you agree to get kicked in the nuts at noon if it meant a BJ that night?

Could I do it in reverse order?

confucius say
05-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Damn. What's Relf up to these days? I will always love me some Relf. Hope he's enjoying life.

Me too. My comment wasn't meant to slight relf, just to say he came a loooong way.

Jack Lambert
05-23-2017, 09:48 PM

He's Probably still running over, through and around Ole Miss defenders. I swear there was times he could have run up to the goal line, turn around, run back through the Ole Miss defenders, then turn back around run back through the defenders again and score a TD.

confucius say
05-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Could I do it in reverse order?

Sure.

Jack Lambert
05-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Sure.

I might take two nut kicking's to get a BJ from Jenna. Pain will go away but the memories of Jenna and the bragging of the BJ would last a life time.

DancingRabbit
05-23-2017, 09:56 PM
If you can redshirt and still play 4 games that'll be huge. I don't remember seeing a ruling on this.

It won't be ruled on until next January. Sounds like some version of it will easily pass.

fader2103
05-23-2017, 10:06 PM
I might take two nut kicking's to get a BJ from Jenna. Pain will go away but the memories of Jenna and the bragging of the BJ would last a life time.

I heard Mia Khalifa is way better. Especially if you get into her DMs

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2017, 10:16 PM
Just got done watching Mayden's video & he's pretty damn good but he's a difficult QB to find a good comparison for because the pool of left handed, dual threat, black QBs is so limited & no..... he's not Michael Vick.

After watching his video, I see a lot of Marcus Mariota in him. He's a left handed Mariota.

Has plenty of speed to take off & run, but shows an advanced pocket awareness. In his most recent video, he shows some side steps & shuffles in the pocket that are indicative of a QB that has been well coached & has natural instincts within the pocket.

When evaluating a player, I often ask two questions:

1. What can he do? Mayden can do everything. He can run, throw, scramble, & buy time in the pocket. However, I wouldn't say he currently does any 1 thing at an elite level.

2. What can't do? Off the video, I'm not sure what he can't do yet. I look forward to seeing him play in the Fall & seeing his failures instead of just highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3715190/jalen-mayden

Reason2succeed
05-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Hold on wait!!! Did we just land a top rated QB with national offers from the state of Texas. Things have surely changed. Things are looking up. Hail State!

Pollodawg
05-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Quarterback U!

State82
05-24-2017, 12:50 AM

Yikes!!! Damn, man! Don't sneak up from behind and scare the hell out of us like that!

JohnnyQuid
05-24-2017, 02:50 AM
You say that but the recruit qb hasn't been true. He has been able to EVALUATE qb's. The only 2 qb's he's recruited that were highly or half way highly recruited were Thompson and mayden. And that's not a knock. Just a fact. The evaluating part is the most important anyway.

Not only the evaluation of talent but then being able to develop it. what's happening the last two years in QB recruiting are a direct result of that.

Dawgface
05-24-2017, 07:05 AM

Me too. I would love to meet him and shake his hand. He may not have had the talent these guys have, but he gave it his all. Mullen got the most out of him.

It truly is amazing the talent Mullen has been able to bring in. Of course Dak is paying huge dividends. Now if he could just get the OL going along with recruiting a few more top WR's. Slow going but maybe......

CadaverDawg
05-24-2017, 07:06 AM
Yikes!!! Damn, man! Don't sneak up from behind and scare the hell out of us like that!

+1

MedDawg
05-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Has plenty of speed to take off & run, but shows an advanced pocket awareness. In his most recent video, he shows some side steps & shuffles in the pocket that are indicative of a QB that has been well coached & has natural instincts within the pocket.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3715190/jalen-mayden

I agree. He also stood firm when the pocket was collapsing to complete last second passes just before getting hit.

smootness
05-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Paul switched his cloudy crystal ball back to State for Bohanon yesterday, FWIW. We're back to 100% on him. Any word on when he will reschedule his decision?