PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Plans Thread

BeastMan
05-22-2017, 10:17 AM
I'll be watching that forecast. As of now, looks like I'm staying in the metro and bass fishing. Probably some cookouts too

Liverpooldawg
05-22-2017, 11:12 AM
As always, I'll spend part of it walking the field at Shiloh.

BeastMan
05-22-2017, 11:49 AM
As always, I'll spend part of it walking the field at Shiloh.

The Civil War Park? If so, I've done that as a kid in the scouts. Very cool park

Liverpooldawg
05-22-2017, 12:12 PM
The Civil War Park? If so, I've done that as a kid in the scouts. Very cool park

If you haven't been in the last 5 years you need to go back. It's been greatly enhanced. There are new roads and more importantly new signage that does a MUCH better job of interpreting the battle. They have also done a LOT a the indian mounds. I've spent a lot of time up there over the last 10 years. I'm slowly learning the field.

SpeckleDawg
05-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Taking the family to OB Fri-Mon. I'm hoping the rain stays clear for the weekend.

Duckdawg
05-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Leeville with the wife and dogs. Redfishing (we murdered em this past Saturday), eating, and drinking. My cousin and his tribe will be there as well so it should be a good time.

BeastMan
05-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Leeville with the wife and dogs. Redfishing (we murdered em this past Saturday), eating, and drinking. My cousin and his tribe will be there as well so it should be a good time.

Sounds like a good time on the Bayou. I'll be in GI June 16-18. Can't wait

BrunswickDawg
05-22-2017, 07:49 PM
My daughter graduates Saturday morning, so this weekend will have family coming to town. Throwing a party in the afternoon with some pulled pork, low country boil and a sack of oysters to grill.
Next stop for the baby girl, Starkville.

louisvilledawg
05-23-2017, 07:53 AM
Going back to Louisville/Lobutcha swamp area for memorial day family get together. Then me and the wife head off to Disney world for a week.

SapperDawg
05-23-2017, 10:29 AM
I will be smoking several Outdoor Dawg cigars, and drinking an NA beer under the date palms. Ramadan starts this weekend, so hopefully the natives are not feeling squirrely once the sun goes down. It has been pretty quiet so far.....

BeastMan
05-23-2017, 10:57 AM
I will be smoking several Outdoor Dawg cigars, and drinking an NA beer under the date palms. Ramadan starts this weekend, so hopefully the natives are not feeling squirrely once the sun goes down. It has been pretty quiet so far.....

Thank you for your service. It's because of guys like you we can relax on weekends like these.