PDA

View Full Version : Vegas sets our regular season win total at 5.5

lamont
05-21-2017, 02:03 PM
http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19413753/college-football-full-list-unders-cg-technology

FYI- they had us at 6.5 last year and we went under

Bama 10.5
Auburn 8
UPig 7
Fla 8
Georgia 8
Kentucky 6
LSU 9
Mizzou 6.5
SC 5.5
A&M 7
Tenn 7.5

CadaverDawg
05-21-2017, 02:11 PM
http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19413753/college-football-full-list-unders-cg-technology

FYI- they had us at 6.5 last year and we went under

Bama 10.5
Auburn 8
UPig 7
Fla 8
Georgia 8
Kentucky 6
LSU 9
Mizzou 6.5
SC 5.5
A&M 7
Tenn 7.5

I would have taken the over if it was 6, so 5.5 seems like a no brainer to me. Im usually pretty pessimistic, so Am I missing something?

lamont
05-21-2017, 02:19 PM
We dont have a kicker
We are bottom 1/4 of the SEC in WR talent
OL questions
Improved SEC in 2017

Georgia, Auburn, Kentucky, Vandy, SC, will be improved football teams in the SEC. Likely status quo with Bama, Florida, UPig, A&M, and Shitbird U.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2017, 02:23 PM
We dont have a kicker
We are bottom 1/4 of the SEC in WR talent
OL questions
Improved SEC in 2017

Georgia, Auburn, Kentucky, Vandy, SC, will be improved football teams in the SEC. Likely status quo with Bama, Florida, UPig, A&M, and Shitbird U.

All true, but we'll be vastly improved on D, and overall a better team too. I don't see us being under 7 wins, but I guess we'll see

lamont
05-21-2017, 02:28 PM
I think we should be a 7-5 team also- but it wont be easy. Kicker could easily be the difference in games vs BYU, Kentucky, UPig, and A&M

Auburn to me is the money bet. I think they beat Clemson in the opener and start rolling

Bothrops
05-21-2017, 02:36 PM
LA Tech is normally a scary game. Do they have a returning QB? If Auburn beats Clemson they will be the hot team.

lamont
05-21-2017, 02:38 PM
LA Tech is normally a scary game. Do they have a returning QB? If Auburn beats Clemson they will be the hot team.

Tech lost a bunch of Sr's. We should be fine there.

BrunswickDawg
05-21-2017, 02:46 PM
I also saw on twitter this morning (I'll try to go back and find it) that we have the 6th toughest schedule in the country. Only Auburn was higher - at 5th - for SEC teams. That factored into the over/under of 5.5

I seen it dawg
05-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Love that Vegas has nothing on the shitbirds. Even they know the NCAA asshammer is coming

msstate7
05-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Love that Vegas has nothing on the shitbirds. Even they know the NCAA asshammer is coming

Dang. That seems like vegas not so sure there won't be a mass exodus of transfers before season

starkvegasdawg
05-21-2017, 03:11 PM
I can't believe this game is even having to be discussed. That's sad. I'm going say we're a 6-7 win team, but the first time we lose a game this season because of not having a kicker I reserve the right to kick the nearest small dog in pure anger.

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2017, 03:19 PM
State is going to win 7-9 games this year.

Dawgowar
05-21-2017, 04:34 PM
6-8 Wins, and I am still speechless as to why Dan can't fix the kicker. Not a hater, just deal in results. Our kickers make me look for a paper bag to breath into when they come onto the field. Even Felker had a decent Kicker.

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2017, 05:24 PM
All true, but we'll be vastly improved on D, and overall a better team too. I don't see us being under 7 wins, but I guess we'll see

LSU game will determine a lot in my opinion. If we can win that one we can pull off 9 or so wins. At Auburn and at UGA is tough so we need that LSU game to stay on pace in the west

lamont
05-21-2017, 05:31 PM
We're not beating LSU.

They will smother our WR's and bottle Fitz. Will be another frustrating loss to them

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2017, 05:34 PM
We're not beating LSU.

They will smother our WR's and bottle Fitz. Will be another frustrating loss to them

We shall see. They dont have a QB and its in Stark so we've got a shot.

Do agree about our WRs they will have to give us something for us to win

lamont
05-21-2017, 05:36 PM
We shall see. They dont have a QB and its in Stark so we've got a shot.

Do agree about our WRs they will have to give us something for us to win

They have a QB that makes some throws and doesn't turn the ball over. He was 8-2 as their starter last year. Not sure why people seem to forget that

Ari Gold
05-21-2017, 05:37 PM
A. Gold taking the NetJets to Vegas this week and putting a large amount on that..

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2017, 05:42 PM
They have a QB that makes some throws and doesn't turn the ball over. He was 8-2 as their starter last year. Not sure why people seem to forget that

He doesnt scare me. At all.

lamont
05-21-2017, 05:56 PM
He doesnt scare me. At all.

He didn't scare us last year- yet still outperformed our QB

Dawgface
05-21-2017, 06:05 PM
6-6 my prediction and hoping for 7 wins.

MetEdDawg
05-21-2017, 06:14 PM
Here's the real question. What the hell happens if we DON'T get the over?

I personally think we should go 7-5 with this schedule, but that leads to my point. Expectations aren't great but bowl eligibility is an expectation. Barring a massive injury to Fitz, what direction do we go as a program with another 5 win season?

BuckyIsAB****
05-21-2017, 07:43 PM

I personally think we should go 7-5 with this schedule, but that leads to my point. Expectations aren't great but bowl eligibility is an expectation. Barring a massive injury to Fitz, what direction do we go as a program with another 5 win season?

Mullen wont get an extension with 5-7, I would be willing to bet on that. Would Cohen fire him? Doubt it

lamont
05-21-2017, 08:51 PM
2018 is going to be our chance to do something

CadaverDawg
05-21-2017, 09:39 PM

A lot of complaining but Mullen won't get fired. Too much potential in '18

Dawg61
05-22-2017, 05:42 AM
A. Gold taking the NetJets to Vegas this week and putting a large amount on that..

Yea was just gonna ask. How do we bet with Vegas without actually being in Vegas cause we are gonna cover 5.5 wins easy imo. Especially with our improvement on defense. I think Aeris Williams is about to have a big year too. Our lack of WR talent won't hurt us that bad when we have 2 of the top 10 rushers (Fitz/Williams) in the league.

confucius say
05-22-2017, 10:23 AM

He was 6-3 as their starter in regular season. Beat us, mizzou, southern, ole miss, ark, and Aggie. Losses to auburn, Bama, and fla.

Bubb Rubb
05-22-2017, 10:55 AM
He was 6-3 as their starter in regular season. Beat us, mizzou, southern, ole miss, ark, and Aggie. Losses to auburn, Bama, and fla.

Man you should know better than to interject facts into the discussion.

bulldawg28
05-22-2017, 12:15 PM
He didn't scare us last year- yet still outperformed our QB

Williams out performed him easily. Fournette was the difference......He gone. And Guice isn't Fournette

lamont
05-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Man you should know better than to interject facts into the discussion.

My bad- he was 7-3 last year. I went off of memory and was thinking their Auburn game was before us. A thousand pardons Sir

lamont
05-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Williams out performed him easily. Fournette was the difference......He gone. And Guice isn't Fournette

Etling was 19/30 for 215 and a TD. That was better than our QB's

bulldawg28
05-22-2017, 01:29 PM
Etling was 19/30 for 215 and a TD. That was better than our QB's

2 touchdowns in 15 minutes was better than Etling playing the entire game

lamont
05-22-2017, 01:40 PM
2 touchdowns in 15 minutes was better than Etling playing the entire game

Etling put up 2 TD's in the 1st Q and LSU sat on the ball. Williams played against a soft D that was up 20 points

Jack Lambert
05-22-2017, 01:49 PM

That is the one team I hate playing every time we play them.

bulldawg28
05-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Etling put up 2 TD's in the 1st Q and LSU sat on the ball. Williams played against a soft D that was up 20 points

Etling played against a soft defense and only scored 1 TD. Williams played against 1st rounders and was picking them apart.

BuckyIsAB****
05-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Yea I dont get why Random loves Etling. He is slap average. Probably below average. Without Fournette they dont average 20 ppg. Guice is good and will carry them again, but Etling aint

lamont
05-22-2017, 06:10 PM
I don't love Etling at all. He is a game manager that makes few mistakes. And with their talent- that equals 9 wins in 2017

lamont
05-22-2017, 06:15 PM
And like year after year- LSU is going to beat us. Everybody will be pissed off, I'll say I told you so, and the usual "RP cares more about being right than supporting MSU" will surface. Lather, rinse, repeat

Let's don't forget- my buddy C34 called us beating LSU in 2014. We don't have the OL or WR's to beat them in 2017.

I seen it dawg
05-22-2017, 06:28 PM
We beat LSU free chalupa for everyone

Covercorner2
05-22-2017, 06:57 PM
LSU is losing a lot. They have the least amount of returning starters in the SEC. I could see a better argument of Etling being a game manager if they were a talented, and veteran team, but they aren't. When you evaluate matchups, you have to look at the other team's personnel, not just State's.

lamont
05-22-2017, 07:09 PM
. When you evaluate matchups, you have to look at the other team's personnel, not just State's.

And thats what I do

LSU has a game manager QB
LSU has the best TB in the SEC
LSU returns one of the SEC's best OL's
LSU is switching to the 3-4... defense that gives Mullen trouble
LSU has the SEC's best DC- other than Saban
LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.

Would be extremely surprising for us to beat them

confucius say
05-22-2017, 07:38 PM
And thats what I do

LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.

I've heard they have question marks at dl and inside backers. Worried about the run. This is from Lsu people and I haven't looked so don't know if true

gravedigger
05-22-2017, 08:43 PM
We're not beating LSU.

I think assuming lsu is going to be decent on offense is a stretch. Plus, our defense is going to win us games we lost last year. Now, I don't think we'll score enough to stay with bama , Uga or auburn, but I think the rest are offenses we can handle.

I think fitz will be very fortunate to be as effective running this year considering teams will cut that off just like they did in 2015 to Dak.

Difference will be our defense. I just have a feeling Grantham is going to bring us back to the Msu we once knew. Offense will certainly tough to watch at times.

justwin
05-22-2017, 11:28 PM
we would easily be 3-0 vs LSU last 3 years featuring Aeris, not Holloway. We beat LSU in 2014 due to jrob. Our ol will be better this year than 2014. This will be ******* most talented team and deepest Rb rotation. Only question is if granthAm has it in him to stop guice. These Dbs we have should better unlike smokey.

Does LSU have any WRs?

Only question I have about LSU is if O let's Arden key play despite quitting so didn't have to spring practice. That should go over well in the locker room

I actually now think granthAm can gameplan to takeaway Guice. Didn't think so initiAlly but liking more of granthAm.

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2017, 12:31 AM
And like year after year- LSU is going to beat us. Everybody will be pissed off, I'll say I told you so, and the usual "RP cares more about being right than supporting MSU" will surface. Lather, rinse, repeat

Let's don't forget- my buddy C34 called us beating LSU in 2014. We don't have the OL or WR's to beat them in 2017.

I think a lot of people thought we would win that one. Im not predicting us to beat them yet but we have a shot

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2017, 12:35 AM
we would easily be 3-0 vs LSU last 3 years featuring Aeris, not Holloway. We beat LSU in 2014 due to jrob. Our ol will be better this year than 2014. This will be ******* most talented team and deepest Rb rotation. Only question is if granthAm has it in him to stop guice. These Dbs we have should better unlike smokey.

Does LSU have any WRs?

Only question I have about LSU is if O let's Arden key play despite quitting so didn't have to spring practice. That should go over well in the locker room

I actually now think granthAm can gameplan to takeaway Guice. Didn't think so initiAlly but liking more of granthAm.

Our 2014 OL started really well then crumbled down the stretch. Lets hope this one can block OM better than that one did.

Our defense will be better has a chance to be really good but we will see. LSU is going to be able to run the ball and they're going to have WRs. But I do agree, if you stop Guice you probably beat them

lamont
05-23-2017, 05:36 AM
Our ol will be better this year than 2014.

No its not. We will have one starter that hasnt played a down of college football and a Center that hasnt played one down pf college football at the Center position.

As far as our D- we will be improved. Some people around here are acting like we are going to be a top 20 D this year now- and that just isnt so. LSU has a new OC- a very good one. We arent preparing for Miles HS offense anymore. LSU is going to be running RPO's and all kinds of stuff- not just straight handoffs out of the I-formation. They are moving to being a Spread team now.

Dawgfan77
05-23-2017, 06:36 AM
No its not. We will have one starter that hasnt played a down of college football and a Center that hasnt played one down pf college football at the Center position.

As far as our D- we will be improved. Some people around here are acting like we are going to be a top 20 D this year now- and that just isnt so. LSU has a new OC- a very good one. We arent preparing for Miles HS offense anymore. LSU is going to be running RPO's and all kinds of stuff- not just straight handoffs out of the I-formation. They are moving to being a Spread team now.
Justin Senior was RSOPH at RT in 14 with very little experience and we had a w/o at guard and a project at LT. so talent wise I would say we are more talented than the 14 OL but with less experience.

lamont
05-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Justin Senior was RSOPH at RT in 14 with very little experience and we had a w/o at guard and a project at LT. so talent wise I would say we are more talented than the 14 OL but with less experience.

Senior had a start under his belt and played in 10 games before 2014. Reese hasn't played one snap but will have to start
That Walk-On made All-American.
Project at LT? That "project" was starting for the 4th season in a row and is now a Carolina Panther

Experience is a big key to having a good OL. We don't have that this season and it's going to cost us early on. It takes an OL time to gel when it has 3 or more new parts.

Covercorner2
05-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Senior had a start under his belt and played in 10 games before 2014. Reese hasn't played one snap but will have to start
That Walk-On made All-American.
Project at LT? That "project" was starting for the 4th season in a row and is now a Carolina Panther

Experience is a big key to having a good OL. We don't have that this season and it's going to cost us early on. It takes an OL time to gel when it has 3 or more new parts.

LSU returns as many starters on the OL as State does. Again, stressing how much State does not have and is losing, yet ignoring the same variables with LSU.

Covercorner2
05-23-2017, 08:20 AM
And thats what I do

LSU has a game manager QB- State has a game changer at QB
LSU has the best TB in the SEC- Aeris Williams is no slouch
LSU returns one of the SEC's best OL's- LSU returns as much on the OL as State, as loses arguably its most versatile and best OL in Pocic
LSU is switching to the 3-4... defense that gives Mullen trouble- I guess the defense won't need time to "gel" or adjust or anything....
LSU has the SEC's best DC- other than Saban- You have a point there, but you could easily make an argument LSU's defense will regress given what they lost and the transition to a 3-4, while State undoubtedly will be better
LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.- You could say the same thing about State (Simmons, Lewis)

lamont
05-23-2017, 08:59 AM
LSU returns as many starters on the OL as State does. Again, stressing how much State does not have and is losing, yet ignoring the same variables with LSU.

What am I missing? LSU returns 3 starters while we return 2.

lamont
05-23-2017, 09:08 AM
LSU has a game manager QB- State has a game changer at QB
LSU has the best TB in the SEC- Aeris Williams is no slouch
LSU returns one of the SEC's best OL's- LSU returns as much on the OL as State, as loses arguably its most versatile and best OL in Pocic
LSU is switching to the 3-4... defense that gives Mullen trouble- I guess the defense won't need time to "gel" or adjust or anything....
LSU has the SEC's best DC- other than Saban- You have a point there, but you could easily make an argument LSU's defense will regress given what they lost and the transition to a 3-4, while State undoubtedly will be better
LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.- You could say the same thing about State (Simmons, Lewis)

Fitz struggled in the bowl game vs Nobody U and then threw 4 picks in the Spring Game- 1 for a defensive TD. He is a good player- but still has work to do.

LSU made the change to the 3-4 before their bowl game last season. So they have had extra time doing so. They looked pretty good in it in their bowl game.

As I've said- we will certainly be improved on D. We have struggled mightily vs LSU the last 2 years offensively. Don't be surprised if it's more of the same this Fall

Dawg61
05-23-2017, 09:43 AM
and then threw 4 picks in the Spring Game- 1 for a defensive TD.

you know you're reaching for any shade you can find when you are pulling out spring game stats while ignoring that Fitzgerald led the entire nation in offense the last 8 games of the season. Your thirst to shit on MSU and jackoff LSU is impressive.

Covercorner2
05-23-2017, 09:44 AM
What am I missing? LSU returns 3 starters while we return 2.

State lost Clayborn and Senior. Returns Rankin, Calhoun, and Jenkins.

lamont
05-23-2017, 10:10 AM
State lost Clayborn and Senior. Returns Rankin, Calhoun, and Jenkins.

Devon Desper started 13 games last season- that makes 3 starters lost

lamont
05-23-2017, 10:20 AM
you know you're reaching for any shade you can find when you are pulling out spring game stats while ignoring that Fitzgerald led the entire nation in offense the last 8 games of the season. Your thirst to shit on MSU and jackoff LSU is impressive.

All I did was speak the truth. We played some bad defenses in the last half of the season like OM, UPig, and A&M. Kentucky, and Samford. Lots of struggling against he only decent D's we played in Bama and Miami of Ohio

I look for Fitz to be pretty good- but have tempered expectations with our tough schedule and improved SEC

Covercorner2
05-23-2017, 10:27 AM

And Jenkins, Rankin, and Calhoun started games last season- that makes 3 starters returning.

Point is not much difference in State and LSU's OL situation, especially when you evaluate using the most important thing you highlighted earlier in this thread- experience.

confucius say
05-23-2017, 10:30 AM

Rankin started the last 10 games of the year, Calhoun started 9 games, and Jenkins started 5 including the last two by which time he was entriched as a starter. That makes 3 returning starters.

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2017, 10:35 AM
To say we don't have much of a chance is silly. Lots of stuff can happen between now and then. And there's nothing about LSU that is overly frightening anymore. Ed Orgeron is their coach, their QB is not a game changer, they lose a bunch of talent defensively, and the game is in Starkville. We get them early in the season.

I'm not predicting a win, but it's too early to call the game unwinnable, too. We definitely have a shot against them, and we've played them pretty well the last three years.

TrapGame
05-23-2017, 10:40 AM
We will bump off either LSU or UGA. That will be are upset win of the season.

Covercorner2
05-23-2017, 10:46 AM

Much better shot with LSU @ home, IMO. If you think about it, LSU and UGA are similar, but UGA returns A LOT more....

bulldawg28
05-23-2017, 11:14 AM

He trolls so much he can't turn it off.

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Much better shot with LSU @ home, IMO. If you think about it, LSU and UGA are similar, but UGA returns A LOT more....

I'm not overly impressed with UGA either, but yes, they are very talented.

lamont
05-23-2017, 11:56 AM
He trolls so much he can't turn it off.

Give it a rest. You tried that shit last summer and ended up looking like a fool.

msstate7
05-23-2017, 11:58 AM

That'd be great. If it happens, random will bump his chest unmercifully about the one we lose and won't acknowledge the other at all

lamont
05-23-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm not overly impressed with UGA either, but yes, they are very talented.

4th in total D
5th in scoring D
11 starters returning with a few 5 stars added.
Lost 3 games by 3 points or less

That's reason enough right there

lamont
05-23-2017, 12:04 PM
That'd be great. If it happens, random will bump his chest unmercifully about the one we lose and won't acknowledge the other at all

No way we won't win 6 games in the regular season
We can play with Auburn
Alexander will be our SS

Hopefully you will get to bump something one day

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2017, 12:05 PM
4th in total D
5th in scoring D
11 starters returning with a few 5 stars added.
Lost 3 games by 3 points or less

That's reason enough right there

Kirby Smart - Head Coach
Perennial under achievers

That's why I'm never impressed with Georgia. They have the talent to beat Bama, and the mental toughness to lose to Vandy. I would never just automatically chalk up a loss to them. Nobody does less with more.

msstate7
05-23-2017, 12:12 PM
No way we won't win 6 games in the regular season
We can play with Auburn
Alexander will be our SS

Hopefully you will get to bump something one day

Hump
Renfroe
Miles > Saban

fader2103
05-23-2017, 12:20 PM
We have such bad luck against LSU. I feel like the only reason we have a chance in that game is Coach O will be leading LSU out of the tunnel

fader2103
05-23-2017, 12:24 PM
My predictions is
Wins
Charleston Sthrn.
LTech
Kentucky
BYU
UMass
Arkansas
TSUN

Best chance at another win will be TAMU

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2017, 12:37 PM

I was pretty impressed with their OC when he was at Pitt. Lots of motion and shifts to get ready for. But still, if you stop Guice you stop them

BuckyIsAB****
05-23-2017, 12:40 PM

Hate to say it but We will be better without Desper