PDA

View Full Version : Rooker and the Triple Crown

confucius say
05-21-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm guessing he still leads in the three categories? It really is amazing what he has done.

msstate7
05-21-2017, 09:31 AM
Rooker leads in avg, obp, slugging, hits, RBIs, doubles, HRs, total bases, tied for SBs (also steal attempts haha)

Amazingly, rooker isn't in top 15 in ABs.

Rooker is as much responsible for our success this year as any 2 other state players combined or coach. Rooker has had one of the best college baseball seasons ever.

OT... we have 4 guys at top for caught stealing...
1. Gridley
2. Mangum
T9. Poole
T9. Rooker

Why do we run so much when we suck at it?

starkvegasdawg
05-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Rooker leads in avg, obp, slugging, hits, RBIs, doubles, HRs, total bases, tied for SBs (also steal attempts haha)

Rooker is as much responsible for our success this year as any 2 other state players combined or coach. Rooker has had one of the best college baseball seasons ever.

1. Gridley
2. Mangum
T9. Poole
T9. Rooker

Nineple crown?

Not sure what word is for 9 so I made one up.

Riotous Thinking
05-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Nineple crown?

Novem Crown, maybe.

Ari Gold
05-21-2017, 10:18 AM
First triple crown winner in SEC since Palmerio.
Rook Should be the Golden Spikes winner period.

msstate7
05-21-2017, 10:22 AM
First triple crown winner in SEC since Palmerio.
Rook Should be the Golden Spikes winner period.

I agree. Wouldn't surprise me if brendan McKay wins though

msbulldog
05-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Nineple crown?

How about Nipple crown?

msstate7
05-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Golden spikes biggest competitor to rooker...

McKay:
85.0 ip 51 h 27 bb 116 k
2.22 era
0.92 whip

.361/.478/.683
15 hr
40 bb 32 k

I think McKay wins it. His numbers are spectatular... not that rooker's aren't, but being dominant as pitcher and hitter will win it

basedog
05-21-2017, 10:53 AM

1. Gridley
2. Mangum
T9. Poole
T9. Rooker

It's Cann's style, better get use to it cause he is an aggressive Coach!

I answered your dumb ass question.

smootness
05-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Yeah, Tooker is clearly the best hitter in the country, but I think McKay will win the GS.

smootness
05-21-2017, 11:40 AM
It's Cann's style, better get use to it cause he is an aggressive Coach!

I answered your dumb ass question.

I think it's a fair question. I like the aggressiveness and certainly don't want us to quit stealing bases, but it has been a net negative in conference play for us.

basedog
05-21-2017, 12:00 PM
I think it's a fair question. I like the aggressiveness and certainly don't want us to quit stealing bases, but it has been a net negative in conference play for us.

The deal is 7 always ask questions when shit happens, that gets real old!

msstate7
05-21-2017, 12:12 PM
The deal is 7 always ask questions when shit happens, that gets real old!

You mad, bro?

I get that Cann is aggressive. Continuing to run into outs just isn't that smart. If Cann wants to run, hit and run seems a better approach.

basedog
05-21-2017, 01:47 PM
You mad, bro?

I get that Cann is aggressive. Continuing to run into outs just isn't that smart. If Cann wants to run, hit and run seems a better approach.

Maybe you should send him the info, after all you can explain all his faults. Let us know what Cann says.

U are so negative and I don't think you realize how bad you are.

Yes I was once a Coach, although Basketball, you guys who never played much less Coached haven't a damn clue except being a damn arm chair Coach who never makes a mistake after a play or game.

Mad, only reading you critic every play! It's hard to enjoy the game especially when I can't be at the game or see the game and I have to follow some of you snow flake posters.

msstate7
05-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Maybe you should send him the info, after all you can explain all his faults. Let us know what Cann says.

Yes I was once a Coach, although Basketball, you guys who never played much less Coached haven't a damn clue except being a damn arm chair Coach who never makes a mistake after a play or game.

Mad, only reading you critic every play! It's hard to enjoy the game especially when I can't be at the game or see the game and I have to follow some of you snow flake posters.

Successful SB % by team in sec play...
Alabama = 58.3% (7/12)
Ark = 50% (5/10)
Auburn = 66.7% (23/33)
Florida = 74.5% (38/51)
Georgia = 60% (3/5)
Kentucky = 63.2% (24/38)
Lsu = 72.7% (24/33)
Mizzou = 66.7% (28/42)
Om = 68.8% (11/16)
State = 51.5% (17/33)
South Carolina = 61.1% (11/16)
Tenn = 80.8% (21/26)
aTm = 59.4% (19/32)
Vandy = 65.7% (23/35)

Only 1 team (bama) has a worse % than us and they've ran 10 times total.

Now the reason why I hate us running so much... we're #2 in the sec (conf only) in slugging % and avg. We have driven the ball and gotten hits; so if we don't get runners thrown out on the basepaths, there's a better chance of us driving them if with a hit than taking a chance on stealing.

See how I take a position and back it up with stats. You come on here saying, "7 sucks and he's wrong bc I used to be the GOAT coach" while not offering anything of substance... just personal insults. You came into a thread where I answered the OP with actual data and once again you offer nothing. Carry on though...

basedog
05-21-2017, 02:51 PM
I could give a crap about your stats which I didn't read.

17 wins impressed me and losing several front line pitchers. Plus dressing 23 to 24 players, along with a couple non Sec players in the lineup.

msstate7
05-21-2017, 03:00 PM
I could give a crap about your stats which I didn't read.

In other words, I'm wrong bc you say I am without even listening to my point of view with actual stats. Thanks for the honest answer bc now I see you aren't even worth arguing with. Like the line out of the great movie tombstone by Johnny tyler, "I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin', you nerve rackin' SOBs..."

basedog
05-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Dude, I don't live on the "Dark Side", as for you, I can't fix stupid!

I'm betting you still suck your thump while watching Msu baseball cause you post like a sh*tbird!

Someone with close to 33k post should have something to say more intelligent.....NOT!

You are like a rented mule!

msstate7
05-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Delete

basedog
05-21-2017, 03:52 PM
I guess you are on the payroll for ED, as much as you post it has to be your job.

Dude, get a life! Put the PlayStation down!

Grandpa, i suppose you will never get to that point cause as much as you post Sex is out the question!

smootness
05-21-2017, 03:56 PM
That really got outta hand fast.

msstate7
05-21-2017, 04:03 PM
That really got outta hand fast.

https://s13.postimg.org/d45uazvfr/IMG_1704.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/pvk0hi57n/)

basedog
05-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Post Less 7, you would make reading ED much more enjoyable cause you post in everybody's post with your 2 cent brain!

How much does ED pay I may need the extra cash?

Todd4State
05-21-2017, 04:34 PM
We're going to steal bases under Cann. It's what he does. We're also going to bunt and hit and run with him as well. The stats bear that out. We're also going to have guys that can hit for power. Everyone should be happy.

One reason to do it is to help attract players that actually can steal bases and are better at it than our current players. You have to tangibly show those players that you are willing to do it.

Commercecomet24
05-21-2017, 04:39 PM
We're going to steal bases under Cann. It's what he does. We're also going to bunt and hit and run with him as well. The stats bear that out. We're also going to have guys that can hit for power. Everyone should be happy.

One reason to do it is to help attract players that actually can steal bases and are better at it than our current players. You have to tangibly show those players that you are willing to do it.

Right! You set a precedent and lay the foundation of how you want your team to be. It creates the environment and philosophy you want. It's a mindset and Cann is laying the groundwork.

msstate7
05-21-2017, 04:40 PM

I love stealing bases. I want to run like crazy when we get the horses to do it. We just don't have good base stealers now and it's counterproductive. Don't misread me... I like the style.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Post Less 7, you would make reading ED much more enjoyable cause you post in everybody's post with your 2 cent brain!

How much does ED pay I may need the extra cash?

At least he posts about MSU athletics instead of other posters. Good grief, you are really obsessed with msstate7. I like your sports posts and you seem like you're capabke of being a good guy, but your attacks on 7 are totally unwarranted. This board isn't for optimists and sunshine pumpers only...he's entitled to post nothing but negativity if he wants, and he is usually the first to admit when he's wrong and makes fun of himself regularly. Get off his damn back and add something of substance to make him look bad if that's all you're worried about. Damn

confucius say
05-21-2017, 04:48 PM
At least he posts about MSU athletics instead of other posters. Good grief, you are really obsessed with msstate7. I like your sports posts and you seem like you're capabke of being a good guy, but your attacks on 7 are totally unwarranted. This board isn't for optimists and sunshine pumpers only...he's entitled to post nothing but negativity if he wants, and he is usually the first to admit when he's wrong and makes fun of himself regularly. Get off his damn back and add something of substance to make him look bad if that's all you're worried about. Damn

Just point out he's from neshoba county and he loses the argument by automatically ****

CadaverDawg
05-21-2017, 04:48 PM
I love stealing bases. I want to run like crazy when we get the horses to do it. We just don't have good base stealers now and it's counterproductive. Don't misread me... I like the style.

I agree. I think I would have liked to have seen more hit and runs to help with our slower runners this year...would have kept the aggression but lead to less guys getting thrown out. LSU actually did a great job in our series of Hit and runs and using aggression wisely I thought.

basedog
05-21-2017, 05:49 PM

I was wondering when you would take sides. You calling me out Clint after the long post you had the other day was nasty as well.
I don't live on the dark side.

I seen it dawg
05-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Get back on point chief or exit the thread

BB30
05-22-2017, 08:52 AM

I am confused as to how you being a former basketball coach means you have a clue about coaching baseball or being a baseball coach in general? How does this make you any more or less qualified than 7 to state an opinion or ask a question about baseball?

MarketingBully
05-22-2017, 09:10 AM

I know we will never get him to campus but if we did end up getting Holmes I could see him coming here because of Cann's aggressive style. That kid could own the SEC stolen base record under Cann.

smootness
05-22-2017, 09:20 AM
I actually see 7 as a pretty positive, optimistic poster.

He overreacts in the moment, but I can forgive that.

MadDawg
05-22-2017, 09:21 AM
I am confused as to how you being a former basketball coach means you have a clue about coaching baseball or being a baseball coach in general? How does this make you any more or less qualified than 7 to state an opinion or ask a question about baseball?

I once coached my daughter's U8 soccer team. So my opinion is king. Especially in volleyball. I've got some major opinions there. ***

TNDawg35
05-22-2017, 09:33 AM
I once coached my daughter's U8 soccer team. So my opinion is king. Especially in volleyball. I've got some major opinions there. ***

Bobby Petrino says "Hello".....