PDA

View Full Version : If you want to get fired up about the future

Todd4State
05-21-2017, 02:31 AM
Watch Cann's post game interview from tonight.

He talked about how LSU was built to win the SEC and then he says "we're going to build that here too."

Edit to say- based on the interview I think he wants to kick Georgia's ass badly on Tuesday.

BrunswickDawg
05-21-2017, 08:03 AM
It's not hard to get fired up about the future:
- we have one of the best young coaches in the country
-there is no way we lose 8 arms and kick 2 players off mid season again
-we already have a solid class coming in
-we have some solid pieces to build around for next season
-we have a team that almost scrapped their way to an SEC title, who will be out to prove it wasn't a fluke

I think this is the beginning of a great run of MSU baseball.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
05-21-2017, 09:17 AM
The future is in place with this coaching staff to provide nothing but success !! It's not hard at all too see this!! Yes we're all down and upset pissed about the last 6 games but overall so far this season has be very good!! Season is not over just yet maybe this team has a run in them!! #hailstate

3rdGen
05-21-2017, 09:17 AM
-we have a team that almost scrapped their way to an SEC title, who will be out to prove it wasn't a fluke

HAILSTATE BABY! HAILSTATE!

Tbonewannabe
05-21-2017, 09:29 AM

We are also about to have the best stadium in college baseball also which will help recruiting. It just feels like we are about to take the next step.

msbulldog
05-21-2017, 10:30 AM
HAIL STATE!

Commercecomet24
05-21-2017, 11:37 AM
Watch Cann's post game interview from tonight.

He talked about how LSU was built to win the SEC and then he says "we're going to build that here too."

Edit to say- based on the interview I think he wants to kick Georgia's ass badly on Tuesday.

It was an awesome interview! Dude is a winner and he's gonna be relentless until it's the way he wants it! I mean look at what he did with half a team this year. I know the finish wasn't what everyone wanted but Cann is to be commends for having this team In position to win a title in the last series of the yeast! Future is bright'

Leeshouldveflanked
05-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Just wait till we get Tyrique Reed into lineup... Batting .504 15 HR at ICC this year....

Commercecomet24
05-21-2017, 01:28 PM
Just wait till we get Tyrique Reed into lineup... Batting .504 15 HR at ICC this year....

He's a beast! Seen him play. Bat speed to burn and rarely strikes out!

lamont
05-21-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm most excited about 5 maybe 6 returning pitchers from injury. Those guys are talented and to add them to Pilk, Denver, and others makes the future alot brighter before we even add the recruiting class

Commercecomet24
05-21-2017, 02:07 PM
I'm most excited about 5 maybe 6 returning pitchers from injury. Those guys are talented and to add them to Pilk, Denver, and others makes the future alot brighter before we even add the recruiting class

Most definitely got to have plenty of pitching. Getting those guys back, provided they're healthy, will make us better immediately. Be almost like having an extra class of pitchers come in.

CadaverDawg
05-21-2017, 02:09 PM

I'm with you. I think the lack of pitching this season will lead to huge pitching depth the next few seasons. Denver McQuary , for example, might not have 5 innings pitched this year if not for injuries...and now he's shown that he has filthy stuff, and if he can throw strikes he'll be hard to keep out of the rotation or will at least give us a Lights out midweek guy. So instead of having to break in bullpen guys...we already got experience for guys like Gordon, Barlow, Ashcraft, and even some really good signs from Parker Ford lately. Add that to Self, Price, and Rigby and you've got a lot of reliable arms and some potential starters to add to Pilk & McQuary. That's not even mentioning the injured guys returning and any instant impact newcomers.

Now let's make sure Gridley and Mangum return, and we'll at least have a core of guys that can swing it some....

Mangum
Gridley
Stovall
Macnamee
Vansau

Who is going to fill the rest of the lineup?

Skelton
Alexander
?

Tripp McNeely
05-21-2017, 02:23 PM

If we were at a 3.80 ERA vs 4.80, that's a 5-10 win difference. Couldn't agree more.

Dallas_Dawg
05-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Not trying to be a smartass but what are the odds that these pitchers return to SEC form after a devastating injury?
Who are some examples of our pitchers we have had with serious arm/elbow injuries who have returned to be bad asses?

lamont
05-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Lots of guys return now to top form from TJ. It just takes 16-20 months is all. They should be ready to go.

lamont
05-21-2017, 02:47 PM
Now let's make sure Gridley and Mangum return, and we'll at least have a core of guys that can swing it some....

Mangum
Gridley
Stovall
Macnamee
Vansau

Skelton
Alexander
?

Having Gridley, Stovall, and Magnum back in the middle would be huge for next year's team.

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2017, 02:52 PM
Lots of guys return now to top form from TJ. It just takes 16-20 months is all. They should be ready to go.

Will be interesting.

Will likely be hit or miss. Some guys can return in 12 months and possess 100% of their former stuff, command, & feel.

Most return in 12 months with their stuff but lack the same feel or command. That usually returns in about 20 months.

For this reason, my guess is that the majority of the TJ guys will return & help our bullpen where they can use their stuff in short stints.

I seen it dawg
05-21-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm with you. I think the lack of pitching this season will lead to huge pitching depth the next few seasons. Denver McQuary , for example, might not have 5 innings pitched this year if not for injuries...and now he's shown that he has filthy stuff, and if he can throw strikes he'll be hard to keep out of the rotation or will at least give us a Lights out midweek guy. So instead of having to break in bullpen guys...we already got experience for guys like Gordon, Barlow, Ashcraft, and even some really good signs from Parker Ford lately. Add that to Self, Price, and Rigby and you've got a lot of reliable arms and some potential starters to add to Pilk & McQuary. That's not even mentioning the injured guys returning and any instant impact newcomers.

Bingo

Mjoelner34
05-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Not trying to be a smartass but what are the odds that these pitchers return to SEC form after a devastating injury?
Who are some examples of our pitchers we have had with serious arm/elbow injuries who have returned to be bad asses?

Even if they don't return to their prior form, if they can just throw strikes it will be a major improvement to what we saw this year.

Todd4State
05-21-2017, 04:26 PM

That really excited me a lot too. I think we would have won the SEC this year if most of those guys were healthy. You can't win the SEC with a first baseman and two outfielders getting major innings for you- and we almost did.

Todd4State
05-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Will be interesting.

Will likely be hit or miss. Some guys can return in 12 months and possess 100% of their former stuff, command, & feel.

Most return in 12 months with their stuff but lack the same feel or command. That usually returns in about 20 months.

For this reason, my guess is that the majority of the TJ guys will return & help our bullpen where they can use their stuff in short stints.

If all they do is help our bullpen out, I'll take it.

Commercecomet24
05-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Tommy John surgery is not devastating. Pitchers come back everyday from it. It's Just a slow process.

Thick
05-21-2017, 07:40 PM
Please tell me who we have coming in that could be immediate impact players with their bats. I expect us to be better regarding pitching/bullpen, but we need some position players that can hit the ball. Edumacate me baseball guys.

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2017, 08:12 PM

Agree. Just don't be shocked when a few of those guys are throwing 95 and walking guys early in the year. Hopefully it's not like Woodruff's JR year.

MarketingBully
05-22-2017, 07:03 AM
Please tell me who we have coming in that could be immediate impact players with their bats. I expect us to be better regarding pitching/bullpen, but we need some position players that can hit the ball. Edumacate me baseball guys.

The kid that just committed from ICC. He hit .509 to lead all JUCO batters and clubbed 15 home runs. He is a 6'1" 260 lb kid who could take over first base for Rooker too. He is a heck of an athlete and moves well also especially for his size.

MarketingBully
05-22-2017, 07:08 AM
The kid that just committed from ICC. He hit .509 to lead all JUCO batters and clubbed 15 home runs. He is a 6'1" 260 lb kid who could take over first base for Rooker too. He is a heck of an athlete and moves well also especially for his size.

This should get you excited about him as well (from 247 article):

"With 25 home runs on the docket over his two-year career, colleges from around the country have come calling for his services. Mississippi State, Kentucky, Auburn and Samford all offered and LSU was getting close before this past week.

That’s when MSU pushed the issue with the instate hitter. Will Coggin and Andy Cannizaro brought Reed in on a visit during the week a couple of weeks ago and he was on campus for the LSU series this weekend. It was there where he told Cannizaro he wanted to be a Bulldog.

“He was excited jumped up and gave me a hug and said ‘Hail State’,” Reed said of the coach’s reaction. “I know that Cannizaro is a cool guy and is a great guy to be around.”

dickiedawg
05-22-2017, 09:18 AM
How sure are we he gets to campus?

Thick
05-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Thanks MB.

louisvilledawg
05-22-2017, 12:09 PM

Mangum
Gridley
Stovall
Macnamee
Vansau

Skelton
Alexander
?

From what i've heard, Mangum is going to come back. Hope we can get Gridley to stick around for sure.

Is Gordon going to ever do anything hitting wise? Wish we could get his big ass stroking the ball.

Tbonewannabe
05-22-2017, 12:26 PM
From what i've heard, Mangum is going to come back. Hope we can get Gridley to stick around for sure.

Is Gordon going to ever do anything hitting wise? Wish we could get his big ass stroking the ball.

He has developed into a good pitcher with a possible summer helping develop him further. Not sure if he can hit the breaking stuff well enough to take time away from pitching.

Thick
05-22-2017, 01:45 PM
We need Bragg to transform into a full time player, and hopefully he develops well over the summer too.

Tbonewannabe
05-22-2017, 04:33 PM

What is this bullpen you speak of? Is that where you have more than 5 pitchers on your roster?