PDA

View Full Version : Hosting question

Noxdog
05-20-2017, 12:25 PM
IF, huge if, we were to win today are we still in the discussion for a host or does how we do in the SEC tourney have a determining factor? Reason I ask is some are certain that we pissed it down the drain yesterday and on other boards I have seen some post that it's still a possibility. Me personally, I think it's gone but would like to hear/read others thoughts. I maybe in the minority but I don't think the SEC tourney is a good set up for us. I just feel it's going to wear us down even further. If we could win today (weather permitting) and say just win 1 or not and get out of Hoover and rest and still host, that would be optimal.

msstate7
05-20-2017, 12:30 PM
I think Arkansas has leaped over us. Their rpi (17th) is better and they swept us

Noxdog
05-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Ok, but that's in the context of today. Say they lose today and go 2 and que in the tourney and we win today and win at least 1 in the tourney? I guess I'm really asking how much does the tourney affect the host sites?

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:33 PM
IF, huge if, we were to win today are we still in the discussion for a host or does how we do in the SEC tourney have a determining factor? Reason I ask is some are certain that we pissed it down the drain yesterday and on other boards I have seen some post that it's still a possibility. Me personally, I think it's gone but would like to hear/read others thoughts. I maybe in the minority but I don't think the SEC tourney is a good set up for us. I just feel it's going to wear us down even further. If we could win today (weather permitting) and say just win 1 or not and get out of Hoover and rest and still host, that would be optimal.

I think if we had won the UGA series, we'd still have a shot with a win today. Now, I think we'd have to win today and make the SEC finals by beating some high rpi teams to get there, to have any shot. I just don't see our rpi getting back into the teens where it would likely have to be. Just my opinion though, and I agree with you about the SECT being a poor situation for us. That's why being top 4 was so big...the bye

msstate7
05-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Ok, but that's in the context of today. Say they lose today and go 2 and que in the tourney and we win today and win at least 1 in the tourney? I guess I'm really asking how much does the tourney affect the host sites?

I would think winning it would help a lot. The tourney could help our rpi if we can beat good rpi teams. To host I think we have to win today and 2 in the tourney

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:36 PM

I think it could play a big part if you draw and beat high rpi teams.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 12:41 PM
If we win today we will have 18 SEC wins. That might be enough. Especially if we win a couple in the SEC Tournament. Lots of precedent with the SEC getting seven hosts last year so five wouldn't be out of the question.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 12:43 PM
And to add the only 18 win SEC team that I can remember not hosting was Arkansas but they had a terrible RPI and SOS. They played a ton of SWAC teams that year.

Noxdog
05-20-2017, 12:53 PM
And to add the only 18 win SEC team that I can remember not hosting was Arkansas but they had a terrible RPI and SOS. They played a ton of SWAC teams that year.

It sounds like we really need to somehow get this game in and most importantly...WIN.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:58 PM
It sounds like we really need to somehow get this game in and most importantly...WIN.

Yea and an Arkansas loss would be helpful

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Didn't realize Arkansas was already killing A&M....so I guess that means we can't finish 2nd in the West now. Damn

Leeshouldveflanked
05-20-2017, 01:00 PM
We not hosting regardless of today...

Noxdog
05-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Didn't realize Arkansas was already killing A&M....so I guess that means we can't finish 2nd in the West now. Damn

Me either. Makes it a whole level tougher to climb, for sure.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Me either. Makes it a whole level tougher to climb, for sure.

Yea, barring a SEC tourney championship and a win today...that'll likely be it for our hosting chances. Going to be a 2 seed in Hattiesburg or an ACC team's Regional at best it looks like at this point. That's why people were so angry about last night's effort to try and make sure we won. Oh well. I thought we wouldn't make the SECT after the Ark series, so I'll try to get back in my low expectations mindset now

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Yea, barring a SEC tourney championship and a win today...that'll likely be it for our hosting chances. Going to be a 2 seed in Hattiesburg or an ACC team's Regional at best it looks like at this point. That's why people were so angry about last night's effort to try and make sure we won. Oh well. I thought we wouldn't make the SECT after the Ark series, so I'll try to get back in my low expectations mindset now

But it's so incredible that they've done as well as they have. No one expected them to be able to put their pants on the right way much less win a baseball game this year.**

State82
05-20-2017, 01:27 PM
But it's so incredible that they've done as well as they have. No one expected them to be able to put their pants on the right way much less win a baseball game this year.**

Very well played

NCDawg
05-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Granted, we have a lot of weaknesses on this team, but they are a pretty scrappy team. No doubt that Cannizaro let us down last night by not putting Self in the 6th inning while we still had a shot. We still may not have won, but I think Self would have probably been able to throw the ball over the plate, and our probability of winning would have significantly increased.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 02:11 PM
18 wins tough to not host from this league.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 02:23 PM
I think we host with a win today and a win in the tourney. If we lose today and go 2 and Q in Hoover we can get ready to get put out in Hattiesburg

msstate7
05-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Sec rpi is back #1 so that helps. We've got to get rpi up to low 20s at least

msstate7
05-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Florida up 6-2 in the 6th. If Florida holds on, lsu has nothing to gain with win... they're west champs and national seed for sure imo