PDA

View Full Version : Guys, enough with the "None of us expected to be where we are" posts

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 11:20 AM
In response to any negative comment. Obviously, we ALL know how great a job Cann has done this year. We ALL know how we had low expectations to begin with, then compounded that with more injuries and disciplinary removals. We ALL know that getting to where we are this year is a credit to Cannizaro, Henderson, and gritty overachieving players. We ALL know these things. Nobody is debating any of them or taking any of them away from anybody.

That being said, you can still get frustrated about coaching decisions, personnel usage, and other criticisms EVEN when the season has been great and we have gotten further than anybody thought. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to compartmentalize the two. When someone says, "that was a poorly coached game", they aren't suddenly forgetting all the things listed in the first paragraph of this post. They are simply talking about THIS game, or THIS series, etc.

So can we stop with all the "but who thought we'd be here?" as justification for Andy and Gary's coaching blunders last night. It's ok for them to screw up, and it's ok for us to criticize their screw ups. The great job they've done doesn't make them void of criticism. Let people vent about a poor coaching effort on a message board, and then those same people will be praising decisions by those same people as we do every game and have all year.

Carry on. HailState

msbulldog
05-20-2017, 11:28 AM
OK +

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 11:30 AM
OK +

Ha, wasn't referring to you brother. You just happened to be the most recent to say it. Lol

turkish
05-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Both sides are legitimate positions. Why should one side have to stop?

msbulldog
05-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Hell, if we didn't have all views represented on this board, this board would disappear or we would be like nafoom.
But, one thing we can all agree on is HAIL STATE!

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 11:43 AM

How is the following a "good position"?

Poster A: "Not bringing Self in ruined our chance at a W. Cannizaro messed up on that move"

Poster B's response: "But none of us expected to be where we are"

Poster B's response has zero to do with Poster A's point.

Now obviously I'm not saying they literally have to stop, surely you realize that. And if they're saying it as a general statement it's fine...just not as a response to criticism, as if you can't criticize a poor decision bc "but we made it this far". A bad coaching decision is a bad coaching decision, regardless of how far you've made it that year.

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 11:44 AM
What you're failing to realize is we all got your point last night in the 6th inning. It's been 15 hours straight of y'all bitching about it. The point has been made. Now you're just beating a dead Hevesy. This shit ain't that serious.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Hell, if we didn't have all views represented on this board, this board would disappear or we would be like nafoom.
But, one thing we can all agree on is HAIL STATE!

True that. And y'all please don't take my post out of context as if I'm saying " don't post that or else!"....I'm not. I'm just venting about that being a poor response to a criticism, that's all.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 11:46 AM
What you're failing to realize is we all got your point last night in the 6th inning. It's been 15 hours straight of y'all bitching about it. The point has been made. Now you're just beating a dead Hevesy. This shit ain't that serious.

Some people hate seeing an opportunity at hosting go down the drain in the field's last season. So talking about it half a day later seems pretty common. Hell, we debate football wins vs Troy for 4-5 days, but you want this to stop bc you know we make a great point.

msstate7
05-20-2017, 11:47 AM

Don't be dragging my boy (hev) in this haha

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Well why was it closed? Thread was ****ing stupid to begin with so I guess that's why.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Well why was it closed? Thread was ****ing stupid to begin with so I guess that's why.

Not really, pretty accurate. Your post added a lot though.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Why start a thread telling a portion of posters with a certain, legitimate opinion to basically stfu don't want to hear it? If it was something that was just plain factually wrong that's one thing but this is a legit stance. I don't totally agree with it because it's some of both but it's certainly not patently wrong. Just as yours isn't. Although keep trying to ram it up everyone's ass.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Why start a thread telling a portion of posters with a certain, legitimate opinion to basically stfu don't want to hear it? If it was something that was just plain factually wrong that's one thing but this is a legit stance. I don't totally agree with it because it's some of both but it's certainly not patently wrong. Just as yours isn't. Although keep trying to ram it up everyone's ass.

Read it and you'll see. Oh and bc I ****ing felt like it. Set everyone straight though, tough guy.

https://m.popkey.co/f22a38/4MyK8.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=mondaymotivation-reactions&l=direct&f=.gif

Apparently none of you ****ers can read. I didn't say the opinion was wrong, I said it is a poor and irrelevant response to the other statement. That's why the thread was locked, bc people like you post before reading

Commercecomet24
05-20-2017, 02:29 PM
In response to any negative comment. Obviously, we ALL know how great a job Cann has done this year. We ALL know how we had low expectations to begin with, then compounded that with more injuries and disciplinary removals. We ALL know that getting to where we are this year is a credit to Cannizaro, Henderson, and gritty overachieving players. We ALL know these things. Nobody is debating any of them or taking any of them away from anybody.

That being said, you can still get frustrated about coaching decisions, personnel usage, and other criticisms EVEN when the season has been great and we have gotten further than anybody thought. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to compartmentalize the two. When someone says, "that was a poorly coached game", they aren't suddenly forgetting all the things listed in the first paragraph of this post. They are simply talking about THIS game, or THIS series, etc.

So can we stop with all the "but who thought we'd be here?" as justification for Andy and Gary's coaching blunders last night. It's ok for them to screw up, and it's ok for us to criticize their screw ups. The great job they've done doesn't make them void of criticism. Let people vent about a poor coaching effort on a message board, and then those same people will be praising decisions by those same people as we do every game and have all year.

Carry on. HailState

That's about as well as it can be said! No coach is immune to making mistakes or having a bad game, it happens. Sometimes every move you make no matter how absurd it looks works and sometimes you just flat screwup. Cann and Henderson are to be commended for this year but the last couple of games haven't been their best work. It happens. Cadaver is right on with this post.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Read it and you'll see. Oh and bc I ****ing felt like it. Set everyone straight though, tough guy.

https://m.popkey.co/f22a38/4MyK8.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=mondaymotivation-reactions&l=direct&f=.gif

Apparently none of you ****ers can read. I didn't say the opinion was wrong, I said it is a poor and irrelevant response to the other statement. That's why the thread was locked, bc people like you post before reading

Good job. Love how mad you are over this.

Bodaski
05-20-2017, 02:39 PM

Carry on. HailState

Let me add something to this "poor coaching decisions" thread. I coached football for over 25 years. Did I make mistakes, you bet I did. Did I ever make a decision with the intent purpose of it being a mistake that would get us beat, hell no! As a coach, you get a feel for your players and their strengths and weaknesses and you put them in the best position to be successful for the team and the player. I laugh at those who criticize coaches when a change in personal fails and praise them when it works. As a coach you do your best to go over techniques so when the time comes to make a change, that player has practiced and honed his skills to step in and be successful. Does it always happen, hell no nor does it always fail either. My point, players make plays, not coaches. The coach has the responsibility to get the player ready and after that, its on the player, especially at this level. This isn't little league where guys are scared to death of a hard throwing pitcher. Thank about this before you post some of the excuses some post.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Let me add something to this "poor coaching decisions" thread. I coached football for over 25 years. Did I make mistakes, you bet I did. Did I ever make a decision with the intent purpose of it being a mistake that would get us beat, hell no! As a coach, you get a feel for your players and their strengths and weaknesses and you put them in the best position to be successful for the team and the player. I laugh at those who criticize coaches when a change in personal fails and praise them when it works. As a coach you do your best to go over techniques so when the time comes to make a change, that player has practiced and honed his skills to step in and be successful. Does it always happen, hell no nor does it always fail either. My point, players make plays, not coaches. The coach has the responsibility to get the player ready and after that, its on the player, especially at this level. This isn't little league where guys are scared to death of a hard throwing pitcher. Thank about this before you post some of the excuses some post.

Oh shit a post from someone who has been there.....hey cadaver throw out that little girl flexing again

Commercecomet24
05-20-2017, 02:58 PM
I love this board! It's always entertaining!

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 03:00 PM
I love this board! It's always entertaining!

That it is

msstate7
05-20-2017, 03:09 PM

Sounds good, but I wonder why Cann thought jolly was a good option in the 6th.

Jolly...
22.1 ip 24 h 14 er 14 bb 15 k
Era = 5.78
Whip = 1.73
H/9 = 9.82
Bb/9 = 5.73

Sec games only...
Era = 6.39
12.2 ip 14 h 10 bb 5 k
Avg against = .292 (only ashcraft, blaylock, Ford, and Mahoney are worse)

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 03:15 PM

Jolly...
Era = 5.78
Whip = 1.73
H/9 = 9.82
Bb/9 = 5.73

Sec games only...
Era = 6.39
12.2 ip 14 h 10 bb 5 k

Maybe because he was good Tuesday night and he thought he would come in and compete in a big environment.

msstate7
05-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Maybe because he was good Tuesday night and he thought he would come in and compete in a big environment.

Maybe so. Hopefully he gets it going in his next outing... we certainly need him or anyone

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-20-2017, 04:09 PM
We, as a fan base, love a good melt. I sometimes think we like having a reason to be pissed more than we like success.

msbulldog
05-20-2017, 04:14 PM
We, as a fan base, love a good melt. I sometimes think we like having a reason to be pissed more than we like success.

There it is!

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Some people hate seeing an opportunity at hosting go down the drain in the field's last season. So talking about it half a day later seems pretty common. Hell, we debate football wins vs Troy for 4-5 days, but you want this to stop bc you know we make a great point.

I agree with you that we should have exhausted all of our best options before conceding the West title to LSU so you're wrong on the last point. You aren't wrong about people bitching about Troy for 3 months actually but were you are wrong with me is that I get on those people too. Pretty much just about any point that is beaten into a bloody pulp (besides Spoon needing surgery, I am guilty of that) I will step in at some point and try to get these threads done with. It's really the main reason why y'all see me taking up for Hevesy and Mullen so much. I want people to stop bitching once it gets to the point of overkill. It's not just sports either, I have avoided Facebook for this exact reason. People will not stfu about shit I don't want to continuously bitch about. Maybe that is my own personal issue that I have to conquer but probably not gonna happen at this point. Sorry ;/ not sorry

Bothrops
05-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Some people are summarizing Cann's overall performance, since this was the final weekend of regular season. I think that's why you see those kind of comments.

MarketingBully
05-20-2017, 05:13 PM

Jolly...
Era = 5.78
Whip = 1.73
H/9 = 9.82
Bb/9 = 5.73

Sec games only...
Era = 6.39
12.2 ip 14 h 10 bb 5 k

Same reason he thought putting Barlow in with the bases loaded was a great idea. Of which I called in the game thread there was a 25% chance he would get an out and 75% chance he would walk batters. We were far enough into that game where Self has to come in in that position no excuses.

MarketingBully
05-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Some people are summarizing Cann's overall performance, since this was the final weekend of regular season. I think that's why you see those kind of comments.

The last two weekends he made questionable coaching decisions that led to a 1-5 SEC finish.

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 06:03 PM
The last two weekends he made questionable coaching decisions that led to a 1-5 SEC finish.

He got SEC COY shy, went and sabotaged it so he wouldn't get it**

Cloak
05-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Now you're just beating a dead Hevesy.

Lol

SDDawg
05-20-2017, 08:10 PM
Y'all some damn haters...

Jack Lambert
05-20-2017, 08:37 PM

Because the side who was saying two months ago how bad we were going to be and be lucky to win five SEC games have egg on their faces and they hate to eat crow. Lot of those guys are "know it all's" and hate to be wrong. Many of them disappear or denies they said it when they get it wrong. But when they end up being right they throw it in your face on how smart they were. I don't mind someone being negative but when you have 15 threads started in about an hour on the same subject and all being negative really sucks.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 09:31 PM

Carry on. HailState

So you are entitled to express your opinion but those who have different ones need to shut up. Gotcha. Pardon me if I don't comply with your wishes.

gravedigger
05-20-2017, 11:15 PM

Carry on. HailState

Because you, of course expected it.