PDA

View Full Version : OT: flying to San Antonio tomorrow

BayouDawg
05-20-2017, 12:41 AM
For the western conference finals. Been a Spurs fan my whole life and had some extra money and time and found a good deal. Staying at the Grand Hyatt on the River walk. Any suggestions on what a single 26 year old could get into?

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:43 AM
No suggestions but I wish I had some. I have relatives in Texas. All I ever hear is how great SA is. ENJOY!

BayouDawg
05-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Thanks I haven't been there since I was 6 so it should be good.

Reason2succeed
05-20-2017, 03:35 AM
You just said you were staying on the river walk. That's literally all SA has to offer. Sorry to sound like Charles Barkley. The Alamo is okay if you are into history.

If you get time, go to Austin if you want to have a good time. 6th street is for real.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-20-2017, 06:54 AM
Went there about year ago....River Walk and Alamo is about it.....don't venture too far from River Walk either, you could end up being a statistic...

BayouDawg
05-20-2017, 09:34 AM
well atleast I'll get to see a live playoff game for the first time

msstate7
05-20-2017, 09:38 AM
well atleast I'll get to see a live playoff game for the first time

Find me some good restaurants. I plan on visiting SA later this year

BayouDawg
05-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Will do my brother

missouridawg
05-20-2017, 10:34 AM
La Cantera is great for golf. River walk is all they have to offer. Plenty of great dining along the river walk. Enjoy.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Any suggestions on what a single 26 year old could get into?

A female between 22 and 35

Treemydawg
05-20-2017, 11:24 AM
A female between 22 and 35

Don't be so narrow minded. He's good for 18- 40

Dawgowar
05-20-2017, 01:15 PM
For the western conference finals. Been a Spurs fan my whole life and had some extra money and time and found a good deal. Staying at the Grand Hyatt on the River walk. Any suggestions on what a single 26 year old could get into?

I live in the area. For a weekend visit stick to the Riverwalk. If I had seen the post earlier I would have given you a list of things to do and places to go. Despite what others in this thread state, there is plenty to do. Plenty of history and venues to enjoy. Not an NBA fan at all but I roll by the AT&T Center a few times a week. That is not an area you stray from the beaten path. The immediate vicinity of the game is safe and well patrolled on game nights. The crime areas are in the south and southwest parts of the city and mostly outside the I37/I35 box, more so in the county.

Would love to have given you a list of Restaurants, plenty of Major league Chef talent in this city.

Noxdog
05-20-2017, 01:33 PM
SA is a great city. Business has called me there many times over the last decade or so. I'm also a Spurs fan and have been to about a half dozen games. Great times except the last game when the freakin clippers knocked us 2 years ago in the playoffs.

For a single guy the River walk is the place unless you like Sea World/Six Flags type stuff. Be aware that the River Walk, while being great has it's "dead spots" where the homeless and transients will be. That's the biggest change in a decade. Never saw that 10 years ago, now...gotta be careful.

Great food all along the River Walk and take Treedmydawg's advice. Great looking ladies all over SA.

BayouDawg
05-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Having a blast so far. Went to happy hour at Ruth's Chris for a late lunch. $9 steak burgers and half priced beer on tap. Then walked around the river walk. Some very nice lookin coeds for sure. We'll see how it goes tonight.

bulldawg28
05-20-2017, 06:27 PM
Having a blast so far. Went to happy hour at Ruth's Chris for a late lunch. $9 steak burgers and half priced beer on tap. Then walked around the river walk. Some very nice lookin coeds for sure. We'll see how it goes tonight.

San Anton where it's always on!

Bothrops
05-20-2017, 09:39 PM
There's plenty to do in San Antonio. There are some misleading comments in here.

Dawgowar
05-21-2017, 12:11 AM

If you get a chance, hit "LUKES" restaurant - owned by New Orleans Chef John Best. He set it up after some Texas restaurants helped him keep his N.O. staffs employed post Katrina. The head chef has a New Orleans/Texas/German upbringing. His Schnitzel with Bacon Gravy is off the chain good.

BayouDawg
05-21-2017, 12:16 AM
If you get a chance, hit "LUKES" restaurant - owned by New Orleans Chef John Best. He set it up after some Texas restaurants helped him keep his N.O. staffs employed post Katrina. The head chef has a New Orleans/Texas/German upbringing. His Schnitzel with Bacon Gravy is off the chain good.
Is it on the river walk?

DancingRabbit
05-21-2017, 12:34 AM
Is it on the river walk?

Google says it closed down 3 months ago

Dawgowar
05-21-2017, 09:34 AM
Google says it closed down 3 months ago

Saw that. Only ate there two or three times a year. Glad I didn't recently decide to drive down their on a whim.

Bayou - if you are still in town look up 'CURED' that is owned but he original Executive Chef at Luke. It is by the refurbished Pearl Brewery. Specializes in meats - Aged, cured, pastured, name it. Really great Desserts.