PDA

View Full Version : Andy, you're a good young coach...but you sucked royally tonight.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2017, 10:04 PM
I have been saying for weeks now that the advantage of having 2 closers despite a weak pitching staff, was that you could bring one in to kill a threat and bridge a big game to your other closer to finish it. Cannizaro literally handed LSU this series and the West by failing to pitch our best two arms a single pitch until this series was over. That is inexplicable. I'm livid, and I'm sure many others are as well and rightfully so. And to think we brought in the Wiley veteran Henderson to help avoid dumbass rookie mistakes like that...yet he's the actual pitching coach and didn't even suggest going to Self or Price. Un****ingbeluevable. This team fought too hard all season for their coaches to shit their britches and fail them with so much on the line. I expected better than tonight, and this team deserved better. Pitiful.

And there better be some cut asses from the pitching staff this offseason. If you can't throw strikes, go play intramurals brother...this is the SEC and this is MSU. Man up and throw strikes, or hit the road.

HailState

msstate7
05-19-2017, 10:07 PM
Don't forget letting Poole hit with bases loaded after looking totally, completely lost his first 2 ABs last night. Cann got whipped by PM just like our team got whipped by lsu

Drugdog
05-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Yep. These ******s that can't throw a strike need to hit the intramural field. Our own fans were sarcastically cheering a strike. Absolutely unforgivable performance by a bunch of single A Academy pitchers.

MarketingBully
05-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Well said. This series has been Cannazaro's worst coached series of the year. Not PH'ing for Poole with the bases loaded lost us that game last night and not starting Self in the sixth lost us the game tonight. I've never seen him coach with such idiocy. This has been down right embarrassing.

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Can and the pitching coach have held this team together with duct tape and bailing wire. What they have done is perhaps the best coaching job I have ever seen in any sport at MSU. Remember what we lost to the draft last year. The injuries to the pitching staff are pretty much unprecedented. I say this from a point of view that could really care less about the entire sport of baseball. It sucks as a sport, but give credit where it is DUE instead of bitching.

Todd4State
05-19-2017, 10:18 PM
Can and the pitching coach have held this team together with duct tape and bailing wire. What they have done is perhaps the best coaching job I have ever seen in any sport at MSU. Remember what we lost to the draft last year. The injuries to the pitching staff are pretty much unprecedented. I say this from a point of view that could really care less about the entire sport of baseball. It sucks as a sport, but give credit where it is DUE instead of bitching.

**** that shit. They've been given credit year long. That doesn't excuse bush league mismanagement. Cadaver is right about everything he said in his post.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2017, 10:25 PM

Kiss my ass. I said TONIGHT, and since you don't care (or know) about baseball, spare us your posts about the shit show coaching job we saw tonight and the last few weekends. Nobody is taking away from what they've done this year...there's been a million good things said. So they aren't above criticism when they blow it.

thf24
05-19-2017, 10:25 PM
The eternal optimist in me is saying let's be glad Cann is making these mistakes and learning lessons now instead of down the road when he's playing with a full deck. Let's be honest; incredible coaching job (which it undeniably has been) or not, the level of relative success we've had this year wasn't sustainable under the circumstances, and the rational among us knew a dropoff was inevitable. Even if we'd finished the season strong, this team simply doesn't have enough horses for tournament play. Good to get as many growing pains than not out of the way now than over the next few years when we should be much better equipped for the post-season.

Thick
05-19-2017, 10:26 PM
**** that shit. They've been given credit year long. That doesn't excuse bush league mismanagement. Cadaver is right about everything he said in his post.

I'm glad to hear you say it Todd! I'm still pissed about the Georgia series, but Cann could have shown some nuts this weekend by doing whatever it takes to win 2 out of 3. Instead, he showed that his nuts haven't dropped yet! Not sold that he's the right guy for a job of this caliber.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2017, 10:27 PM

So are you, Todd. Well said. **** his post, ha

MarketingBully
05-19-2017, 10:32 PM
The eternal optimist in me is saying let's be glad Cann is making these mistakes and learning lessons now instead of down the road when he's playing with a full deck. Let's be honest; incredible coaching job (which it undeniably has been) or not, the level of relative success we've had this year wasn't sustainable under the circumstances, and the rational among us knew a dropoff was inevitable. Even if we'd finished the season strong, this team simply doesn't have enough horses for tournament play. Good to get as many growing pains than not out of the way now than over the next few years when we should be much better equipped for the post-season.

We are pitching some pitchers that won't even be on the team next year so building these kids for the future is useless.

Todd4State
05-19-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm glad to hear you say it Todd! I'm still pissed about the Georgia series, but Cann could have shown some nuts this weekend by doing whatever it takes to win 2 out of 3. Instead, he showed that his nuts haven't dropped yet! Not sold that he's the right guy for a job of this caliber.

I'm pissed about how we're finishing too. I don't care about how many injuries we've had- we were in a position to win the whole thing and we shit the bed.

Cann gets a pass this year no matter what. These aren't his recruits. If he recruits as well as advertised he'll look a lot smarter as a coach.

MarketingBully
05-19-2017, 10:33 PM

Whatever.

Todd4State
05-19-2017, 10:38 PM
So are you, Todd. Well said. **** his post, ha

I hate holier than thou coach can do no wrong fans.

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Typical old MSU................from the fans. I didn't say I didn't know anything about baseball by the way, just that I'm not a fan of the sport. I'll stand by my statement...best coaching job at MSU I may have ever seen. We were supposed to suck, had perhaps unprecedented injuries, and we still went into the last weekend with a chance at the title. We didn't win it, but come on girls, don't let not being the bride at the ball cloud your judgement. I usually get blasted for being a homer. I keep up with how we are doing, I even went last night, but it ain't POSSIBLE for me to be a real homer in baseball. I'd trade the whole MSU baseball program for ONE SEC TITLE in football. I honestly think Can and staff did a MUCH better job than Cohen and staff did LAST year.

pilldawg
05-19-2017, 10:53 PM
I hate holier than thou coach can do no wrong fans.

But I think he rolled the dice and came up craps. I think he thought to win 2 he needed to try and get through this game without pitching Self. You have to play to win though and then let the chips fall. Hopefully he learns from this mistake. That was Polkesque.

lamont
05-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Coaches make mistakes. And it's ok to talk about it when they do

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Coaches make mistakes. And it's ok to talk about it when they do

Like how Cohen and company didn't even get to Omaha with one of the best teams we have ever had last year?

msstate7
05-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Like how Cohen and company didn't even get to Omaha with one of the best teams we have ever had last year?

Random hates Cohen... he's not gonna argue with you over that

Todd4State
05-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Typical old MSU................from the fans. I didn't say I didn't know anything about baseball by the way, just that I'm not a fan of the sport. I'll stand by my statement...best coaching job at MSU I may have ever seen. We were supposed to suck, had perhaps unprecedented injuries, and we still went into the last weekend with a chance at the title. We didn't win it, but come on girls, don't let not being the bride at the ball cloud your judgement. I usually get blasted for being a homer. I keep up with how we are doing, I even went last night, but it ain't POSSIBLE for me to be a real homer in baseball. I'd trade the whole MSU baseball program for ONE SEC TITLE in football. I honestly think Can and staff did a MUCH better job than Cohen and staff did LAST year.

So to you the best coaching job ever at MSU is a guy that had his team in first place and choked away the last two series? Cohen 2013 and Vick Shaeffer laugh at you.

preachermatt83
05-19-2017, 11:00 PM
Well said. This series has been Cannazaro's worst coached series of the year. Not PH'ing for Poole with the bases loaded lost us that game last night and not starting Self in the sixth lost us the game tonight. I've never seen him coach with such idiocy. This has been down right embarrassing.

Amen!

Todd4State
05-19-2017, 11:00 PM

So now you're criticizing the coaches? Typical MSU.**

preachermatt83
05-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Oh.My.Gosh!!

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2017, 11:15 PM
So to you the best coaching job ever at MSU is a guy that had his team in first place and choked away the last two series? Cohen 2013 and Vick Shaeffer laugh at you.

Well Todd, given the fact that we were never supposed to even be anywhere near first place to begin with......yes.

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2017, 11:16 PM
So now you're criticizing the coaches? Typical MSU.**

Facts vs emotions.

hailstate17
05-19-2017, 11:19 PM
You have to win tonight to even have a chance at the series. Have to burn self tonight to try everything to win in a 4-4 game. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

I seen it dawg
05-19-2017, 11:20 PM
We ran out of gas. We have 5 ****ing players in our program...5!!!!!!!! Smoke and mirrors doesn't do this season justice to Cann and Henderson.

hailstate17
05-19-2017, 11:22 PM
Cannizzaro deserves all the credit he gets though. Heck of a job this year, just a bad weekend. Henderson gets more credit than he deserves. Let's all hope he finds another job.

Liverpooldawg
05-19-2017, 11:24 PM
We ran out of gas. We have 5 ****ing players in our program...5!!!!!!!! Smoke and mirrors doesn't do this season justice to Cann and Henderson.

Yep. It's been really amazing. I've never seen anything quite like it here. PAY Cann and Henderson, PAY THEM WELL. I could care less about baseball but since as a university we DO seem to care about it, PAY THEM.

dawgoneyall
05-19-2017, 11:33 PM
I have been saying for weeks now that the advantage of having 2 closers despite a weak pitching staff, was that you could bring one in to kill a threat and bridge a big game to your other closer to finish it. Cannizaro literally handed LSU this series and the West by failing to pitch our best two arms a single pitch until this series was over. That is inexplicable. I'm livid, and I'm sure many others are as well and rightfully so. And to think we brought in the Wiley veteran Henderson to help avoid dumbass rookie mistakes like that...yet he's the actual pitching coach and didn't even suggest going to Self or Price. Un****ingbeluevable. This team fought too hard all season for their coaches to shit their britches and fail them with so much on the line. I expected better than tonight, and this team deserved better. Pitiful.

And there better be some cut asses from the pitching staff this offseason. If you can't throw strikes, go play intramurals brother...this is the SEC and this is MSU. Man up and throw strikes, or hit the road.

HailState

The game was lost when State didn't put in Self in the 6th with the score 4-4

CadaverDawg
05-19-2017, 11:40 PM
The game was lost when State didn't put in Self in the 6th with the score 4-4

Yep

maroonmania
05-19-2017, 11:41 PM
Yep. It's been really amazing. I've never seen anything quite like it here. PAY Cann and Henderson, PAY THEM WELL. I could care less about baseball but since as a university we DO seem to care about it, PAY THEM.

Good grief, do you not understand English? EVERYONE on the board is saying he has done a great job over the year. That is not even in question. That doesn't change the fact that he has coached like crap these past 2 games. You get a 3 run rally to tie the game in the bottom of the 5th and then you throw the game away in the 6th because you are "saving" your best guys? NOTHING about that makes good sense. If he had pitched Self and Price for the last 4 innings we MIGHT be sitting here celebrating a 5-4 win. If Cann is counting on us to score 9 or 10 runs to beat LSU right now with the way they are playing and with their pitching then he has lost his senses.

CadaverDawg
05-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Good grief, do you not understand English? EVERYONE on the board is saying he has done a great job over the year. That is not even in question. That doesn't change the fact that he has coached like crap these past 2 games. You get a 3 run rally to tie the game in the bottom of the 5th and then you throw the game away in the 6th because you are "saving" your best guys? NOTHING about that makes good sense. If he had pitched Self and Price for the last 4 innings we MIGHT be sitting here celebrating a 5-4 win. If Cann is counting on us to score 9 or 10 runs to beat LSU right now with the way they are playing and with their pitching then he has lost his senses.

Liverpool is "Coach is never wrong" guy. As soon as he saw my thread title, his poor ole MSU self jumped to the defense's of the coaches. He's the guy that never wants MSU to achieve more, so long as they don't risk losing less than where they are at the current moment. We'd still have Felker on the sidelines at Davis Wade if he was in charge.

Every single person on this board agrees AC has done great this year and appears to be a great hire. The right hire. But what Liverpool doesn't understand is, that doesn't mean you can never criticize or question their decisions on a message board. Nobody's trying to fire Andy, Liverpool...so you can put down your pitchfork and torch.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:12 AM

Us not going to omaha last had nothing to do with Cohen. We werent as hot as the national runner up (Cohen got us there) Arizona was at the time. You defend Mullen like he is your mom so this doesnt surprise me. I dont blame this series entirely on Cann I think hes done a great job this year but still. Not PHing for Poole last night was pure idiocy

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Liverpool is "Coach is never wrong" guy. As soon as he saw my thread title, his poor ole MSU self jumped to the defense's of the coaches. He's the guy that never wants MSU to achieve more, so long as they don't risk losing less than where they are at the current moment. We'd still have Felker on the sidelines at Davis Wade if he was in charge.

Every single person on this board agrees AC has done great this year and appears to be a great hire. The right hire. But what Liverpool doesn't understand is, that doesn't mean you can never criticize or question their decisions on a message board. Nobody's trying to fire Andy, Liverpool...so you can put down your pitchfork and torch.

The fact that he defended Mullen all year this past season did it for me. You speak truth

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:17 AM

I understand English perfectly. Unfortunately so in this thread.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:20 AM

LOL. Actually I'm not. YOU are the perfect example of the poor old whooped down MSU I grew up with.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:23 AM

My take is you don't go after, IN PUBLIC, a coach that has done good job overall . You obviously want to, whatever your motive is. By all means emphasize the negative and damn MSU, if that is what you want.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:24 AM
The fact that he defended Mullen all year this past season did it for me. You speak truth

8 posts................Ok. Nice body of work here. I'll take that for the compliment it is, inadvertently.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:26 AM
8 posts................Ok. Nice body of work here.

Knew that was coming. I was actually GTHOM but since I hadnt posted in a while and forgot my password and all I went to an older one. Doesnt change the fact you would wipe Mullen's ass if he asked you to.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:28 AM
Us not going to omaha last had nothing to do with Cohen. We werent as hot as the national runner up (Cohen got us there) Arizona was at the time. You defend Mullen like he is your mom so this doesnt surprise me. I dont blame this series entirely on Cann I think hes done a great job this year but still. Not PHing for Poole last night was pure idiocy

LOL, were we as hot as LSU coming into to this one? Your fellow R...err.... fellow travelers here were all talking about how we were limping home prior to tonight.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:30 AM
LOL, were we as hot as LSU coming into to this one? Your fellow R...err.... fellow travelers here were all talking about how we were limping home prior to tonight.

We just lost to UGA and beat Troy 10-8 on tuesday night

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Knew that was coming. I was actually GTHOM but since I hadnt posted in a while and forgot my password and all I went to an older one. Doesnt change the fact you would wipe Mullen's ass if he asked you to.

Oh, so supporting Mullen is something bad now is it? The only people I know who want Mullen gone worse than a few idiots here are Rebels. Which are you?

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:32 AM
We just lost to UGA and beat Troy 10-8 on tuesday night

Nice try Rebel. That YOU are taking their side makes me SMILE. Thanks for the SUPPORT!

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:32 AM
Oh, so supporting Mullen is something bad now is it? The only people I know who want Mullen gone worse than a few idiots here are Rebels. Which are you?

I didnt say I wanted him gone or that I didnt support him. He has done well since winning the egg bowl this past season. But before that his season was an epic disaster that costed us wins.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:35 AM
My take is you don't go after, IN PUBLIC, a coach that has done good job overall . You obviously want to, whatever your motive is. By all means emphasize the negative and damn MSU, if that is what you want.

Then your take is wrong. This is a message board...I say good job when they do a good job, and bad job when they do poorly. You want an ass kiss thread, you belong on Genespage. And for Goodness Sakes, learn what every other fan in this fan base considers "poor ole MSU", because you are it but are too confused to realize it. You're the guy that wants to tell everybody how good they have it now, so you think saying anything negative about a successful coach is blasphemy....that's poor ole MSU regardless of your definition. You can't just suddenly decide that bc you fit the bill of a negative phrase, you'll just change the meaning of the phrase, LOL. Damn, you and blacklistedbully are either the same guy, or went to the same school of "how to make folks dislike me on a messageboard."

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:37 AM
I didnt say I wanted him gone or that I didnt support him. He has done well since winning the egg bowl this past season. But before that his season was an epic disaster that costed us wins.

Nice try Rebel. Let's see, we lost a NFL rookie of the year and something like 90% of our offensive production yet the season was an epic disaster. Then again we DID beat your team rather handily. I bet you live in Jackson and have to go through the 55-20 interchange twice a day. That HAS to suck for you.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Well Todd, given the fact that we were never supposed to even be anywhere near first place to begin with......yes.

The expectations were too low to start with. Most people remember 2015 where we lost a lot of players and assumed that 2017 would be the same way. In the meantime I contended that we should expect to be a two seed because we had Pilkington, Rooker, and Mangum- three guys that are better than anyone on the 2015 team plus I assumed we would have Rigby and Smith in the bullpen.

Well golly gee- look where we are now.

That aside- Cann made some very obviously terrible moves that hurt us this weekend. And that is a fact. The fact that he put Vansau and MacNamee in the lineup together tells me he regrets not pinch hitting for Poole last night- which was incredibly dumb given how Poole looked in his other AB's. And now he's telling is that Self can only go x amount of times and with the lead despite pitching him multiple times a weekend in the past.

Look- it sucks now but I hope he learns from it. He can't expect to put pitchers who have terrible BB/K rates with ERA's through the roof and expect it to work and then not be criticized when it doesn't work.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:40 AM
Then your take is wrong. This is a message board...I say good job when they do a good job, and bad job when they do poorly. You want an ass kiss thread, you belong on Genespage. And for Goodness Sakes, learn what every other fan in this fan base considers "poor ole MSU", because you are it but are too confused to realize it. You're the guy that wants to tell everybody how good they have it now, so you think saying anything negative about a successful coach is blasphemy....that's poor ole MSU regardless of your definition. You can't just suddenly decide that bc you fit the bill of a negative phrase, you'll just change the meaning of the phrase, LOL. Damn, you and blacklistedbully are either the same guy, or went to the same school of "how to make folks dislike me on a messageboard."

YOU are the fanbase I grew up with. We are MSU and we SUCK every time we lose is what I grew up with. I see nothing different from you.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Facts vs emotions.

Hilarious coming from a guy talking out of his ass who admits he doesn't even follow baseball that much.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Nice try Rebel. Let's see, we lost a NFL rookie of the year and something like 90% of our offensive production yet the season was an epic disaster. Then again we DID beat your team rather handily. I bet you live in Jackson and have to go through the 55-20 interchange twice a day. That HAS to suck for you.

Jesus Christ. How long are you going to keep trying this. If you could understand English and read what I had replied to you with earlier you will see. How about starting a 5'8 160 pound running back all year long then going to Aeris and all of a sudden we can run the ball??? How about starting Fitz vs USA and pulling him after 1 drive for a CUSA level QB and getting us beat???? How about hiring a shit for brains DC while also calling defensive plays and meddling with an already shit defense??? How about demanding a prevent defense vs UK allowing them to go down the field and kick a game winner? Starting terrible SR players over better younger players and costing us? (Zach Jackson, Tyler Russell, Ladarius Perkins all come to mind) Nothing personal but I have probably forgotten more about MSU than you know

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:46 AM
Hilarious coming from a guy talking out of his ass who admits he doesn't even follow baseball that much.

Exactly Todd. I have no emotions when it comes baseball. I DID say I do keep up with MSU baseball though. I have been to a few games this year. I just don't melt down when we lose.........in baseball.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:46 AM
YOU are the fanbase I grew up with. We are MSU and we SUCK every time we lose is what I grew up with. I see nothing different from you.

^This^ is why nobody likes you or agrees with you. Nobody can say "poor job tonight by the coach", without you translating it in your sunshine pumping head as "we SUCK". Learn to read and quit creating interpretations in your head, and maybe you won't take every little comment as something so dramatic. Seriously, you have issues if you take a thread saying "Andy you are great and have been great, but tonight you sucked", as "MSU baseball SUCKS". Damn drama queen. Maybe you shoulda realized the reason you didn't fit in with "the fans you grew up with" was bc of YOU, not them

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 12:47 AM

No you suck. We walk four innings of batters and hit some more and gave up 11 runs on 8 hits but we need to shut up because Ron Polk wrote a book. That's the MSU I grew up with.

People asked the MSU media to ask Cann about Self and he got pissed. And I bet he doesn't do it again. Ergo people like me who criticize just made MSU better going forward.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Jesus Christ. How long are you going to keep trying this. If you could understand English and read what I had replied to you with earlier you will see. How about starting a 5'8 160 pound running back all year long then going to Aeris and all of a sudden we can run the ball??? How about starting Fitz vs USA and pulling him after 1 drive for a CUSA level QB and getting us beat???? How about hiring a shit for brains DC while also calling defensive plays and meddling with an already shit defense??? How about demanding a prevent defense vs UK allowing them to go down the field and kick a game winner? Starting terrible SR players over better younger players and costing us? (Zach Jackson, Tyler Russell, Ladarius Perkins all come to mind) Nothing personal but I have probably forgotten more about MSU than you know

You really are a Rebel. Good lord why do you bring that NAFOOM crap here?

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:48 AM
No you suck. We walk four innings of batters and hit some more and gave up 11 runs on 8 hits but we need to shut up because Ron Polk wrote a book. That's the MSU I grew up with.

People asked the MSU media to ask Cann about Self and he got pissed. And I bet he doesn't do it again. Ergo people like me who criticize just made MSU better going forward.

Yep, water cooler emotions 1982.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:49 AM
Yep, water cooler emotions 1982.

When you were 60 years old apparently.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:50 AM

Translated as ''Dan Mullen is infallible, better than Bear Bryant and Knute Rockne put together!!!!!!!!''

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:50 AM
The expectations were too low to start with. Most people remember 2015 where we lost a lot of players and assumed that 2017 would be the same way. In the meantime I contended that we should expect to be a two seed because we had Pilkington, Rooker, and Mangum- three guys that are better than anyone on the 2015 team plus I assumed we would have Rigby and Smith in the bullpen.

Well golly gee- look where we are now.

That aside- Cann made some very obviously terrible moves that hurt us this weekend. And that is a fact. The fact that he put Vansau and MacNamee in the lineup together tells me he regrets not pinch hitting for Poole last night- which was incredibly dumb given how Poole looked in his other AB's. And now he's telling is that Self can only go x amount of times and with the lead despite pitching him multiple times a weekend in the past.

Look- it sucks now but I hope he learns from it. He can't expect to put pitchers who have terrible BB/K rates with ERA's through the roof and expect it to work and then not be criticized when it doesn't work.

LOL...............REALLY LOL.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:54 AM
Translated as ''Dan Mullen is infallible, better than Bear Bryant and Knute Rockne put together!!!!!!!!''

Ok Rebel...............I always find it interesting that defending a coach means that I must think he is infallible. Anyone that thinks THAT really is a Rebel. You aren't smart enough to be a DAWG.

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 12:57 AM
When you were 60 years old apparently.

Freshmen at MSU actually. I saw a BIT of good college baseball back then. I'm sure YOU would blame Gene Morgan getting hit on the foot on Polk.

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2017, 12:58 AM
Ok Rebel...............I always find it interesting that defending a coach means that I must think he is infallible. Anyone that thinks THAT really is a Rebel. You aren't smart enough to be a DAWG.

Defending a coach no matter what is pretty much saying he or she is infallible. Are you Megan Mullen? Or Allison Cannizaro??

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Ok Rebel...............I always find it interesting that defending a coach means that I must think he is infallible.

That's interesting, bc you have no problem claiming that every time one of us says someone did poorly that we are really saying "MSU sucks!". How can you see it when it's being done to you, but not see it when you do it to others? (In literally every single post you make pretty much)

And quit calling him "Rebel". It's lame, and he's not one...so it makes you look bad, or worse

Skydawg1
05-20-2017, 01:10 AM
Are you Megan Mullen? Or Allison Cannizaro??Who's hotter?? Pics!!!!!!**

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 01:44 AM
Freshmen at MSU actually. I saw a BIT of good college baseball back then. I'm sure YOU would blame Gene Morgan getting hit on the foot on Polk.

Most people blame Polk for not taking him out after the ball hit his foot. But we actually understand sports.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 01:47 AM
LOL...............REALLY LOL.

That's what I thought when you told us in this thread that Cann has done a better coaching job than Vick Scheaffer this year.

I don't blame you for backing away from that hot potato.

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Saving Self just put us in the Supers. Watch. Sometimes a move you don't make today is because you have bigger plans 2 weeks from now. I know y'all want that Stansbury West Banner so bad but I want to go to ****ing OMAHA!!! I do not blast Cann for saving Self this weekend, I do however blast him for ever putting Poole in the batters box again. I can hit better than that guy left handed and drunk.

msstate7
05-20-2017, 07:37 AM
Saving Self just put us in the Supers. Watch. Sometimes a move you don't make today is because you have bigger plans 2 weeks from now. I know y'all want that Stansbury West Banner so bad but I want to go to ****ing OMAHA!!! I do not blast Cann for saving Self this weekend, I do however blast him for ever putting Poole in the batters box again. I can hit better than that guy left handed and drunk.

Self will pitch today now that the series is over. We aren't resting him the weekend. I think we see self for an inning with lsu up say 7-2

Jack Lambert
05-20-2017, 07:47 AM
I can hit better than that guy left handed and drunk. I could do that as well and be masturbating while doing it.

dawgday166
05-20-2017, 08:17 AM

I've been on Cann's bandwagon as much or more than anyone and criticism earlier in year was almost completely unwarranted.

But the last few series ... I'm puzzled by his decision making. Why Poole and Alexander seem untouchable in the lineup is beyond me. I groan every time they come up to bat, especially with runners on. They have the worst at bats and don't come close to putting the ball in play usually. It really is bad.

Bragg played really good one weekend and then disappears. He hit and fielded well. I don't know what happened with that. And I, unlike everyone else, don't think that Luke is such an 'awesome' fielder. That ball he missed from Gridley to get lead runner that was right there for the tag out the other night was terrible. He's done that a couple of times on tags. Bragg played D as good as Luke has when he was in there that one weekend. And that bunt attempt Luke had the other night ... it was worse than the one Bragg had screwed up. Horrible bunting attempts and AB. Right now Belmont can't hit, can't bunt, and ain't Craig Nettles or even close at third. He is a slightly above average fielder at best IMO. If you can't produce anything to help the offense at all, then you better be Craig Nettles at third.

Our good bats, especially Rooker, are pressing too much at the plate now. And to me at times it looks like our good hitters haven't even studied the opposing staff much. They look so totally surprised at times with what's coming toward them ... it just looks to me like they may not be doing their homework. This is excluding Thur night LSU game ... that guy had some nasty shit with that knuckle curve.

And the pitching staff management ... I'm not understanding those decisions either.

We aren't real talented and the pitching staff has been thin, but we have had some opportunities to win AU and GA series, and probably had a chance to win last night's game too (didn't watch it). Cann's decisions at key points during these 3 series have been head scratchers to me. Maybe not batting for Poole and Alexander earlier in game ... I might understand that if he considers them stellar defenders. But when you absolutely have to have runs and still sticking with them ... I don't understand that at all. Sticking with them with multiple runners on base with 1 or 2 outs in 7th inning or later down a couple to 3 runs ... that's ludicrous with the way they are hitting right now. Same with pitching staff management decisions.

ETA: To sum up ... the bitching that is going on now is pretty warranted IMO.

dawgday166
05-20-2017, 08:32 AM

LOL ... what a typical response from a Mullen "is God" fan to someone who disagrees with them. Just call them a Rebel SMH.

WSOPdawg
05-20-2017, 08:38 AM
You have to win tonight to even have a chance at the series. Have to burn self tonight to try everything to win in a 4-4 game. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Yep, the 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th all should have belonged to Riley Self and Spencer Price.

The way these two were used in the last month I find it hard to believe -- Price's last "meaningful" game was against TCUN in the Governors Cup. Strategically going to Self earlier during the past few SEC weekend series would have allowed Price (who is also one of our better pitchers) to be used in meaningful games as well, but that didn't happen.

I fully expect Price to give up several runs when he finally does get a chance to pitch just from the rust that Cann and Henderson have allowed to build up on his arm.

WSOPdawg
05-20-2017, 08:43 AM

Uh, no. Just no. This isn't anywhere close to a Super Regional team. IMO, we HAD to win the LSU series to host and I don't think we are hosting now and not throwing the kitchen sink into last night's effort (to give us a chance for today) has cost us a regional host spot.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 09:11 AM

Could have kept us from the Supers....bc instead of hosting, now we're a 2 or 3 seed on the road. Nothing about "saving" Self makes sense. He throws about 2 innings per weekend...he's as rested as a pitcher can get at this point in the year EVEN IF he had pitched 3 innings last night and kept LSU at 4 runs for us to win it

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 09:34 AM
If Self goes Bumgarner and pitches us into a Super it won't matter if we host or not.

msstate7
05-20-2017, 09:37 AM
The funniest part of us "saving" self is we used him vs Troy, but not lsu

Liverpooldawg
05-20-2017, 09:40 AM
That's what I thought when you told us in this thread that Cann has done a better coaching job than Vick Scheaffer this year.

I don't blame you for backing away from that hot potato.

In a way he actually has. Vic's roster was deep and loaded. I don't think anyone would say that about our baseball team.

CadaverDawg
05-20-2017, 09:44 AM
If Self goes Bumgarner and pitches us into a Super it won't matter if we host or not.

You do realize we don't play in a Regional for 2 weeks...so why couldn't he pitch yesterday for a few innings and still go "Bumgarner" in Regionals? Does it take 3 weeks of rest to be effective? We all know Self not pitching had nothing to do with "saving" shit, and everything to do with Cann & Henderson trying to get by with a weaker pitcher to try and maximize Self to close out a game....unfortunately, they were too dumb to realize that maximizing him would have been bringing him in with the game tied at 4, and giving us a shot at winning the series. Our coaches have progressively gotten more and more stingy with he and Price, and last night they finally let it hurt the team. I just hope they learned from it.

Sometimes you have to worry about tomorrow tomorrow. We were doing that most of the year...doing what we had to do to win THAT game, and then worrying about the next one when we get to it. We got away from that though, and tried to create a pitching rotation or system over the last few weeks...but we don't have a good enough staff to do that. You just have to ride a hot hand with this staff, and do what it takes to win today. We abandoned that, it has cost us lately, and will continue to shorten our season if we don't get back to playing every game without thinking about the next one.

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Guess they were giving others the opportunity to grab the glory. They didn't but let's be real here we weren't winning the SEC if Self pitches then or not. Stop melting over it. Cann registered the result. He doesn't have Alzheimers.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Guess they were giving others the opportunity to grab the glory. They didn't but let's be real here we weren't winning the SEC if Self pitches then or not. Stop melting over it. Cann registered the result. He doesn't have Alzheimers.

This shit right here is poor ol MSU. Yeah- we're so bad we took two out of three from the best team we've played in Kentucky and were in first place going to play a sub 500 Georgia team. No chance to win the SEC at all.

And even if we don't have a chance to win the SEC at least go down using the best players on the team. Every damn coach we have on campus seems to have a problem with this concept.

Also, I hate to tell you but if Cann's comments last night were any indication of how we're going to use Self going forward we'll be lucky to see him once if we even get to a SR.

sandwolf
05-20-2017, 10:07 AM
YOU are the fanbase I grew up with. We are MSU and we SUCK every time we lose is what I grew up with. I see nothing different from you.Jesus....you are the exact same as Random Poster, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. The one big difference is that RP is for the most part just stirring the pot with his extreme positions.....I think you actually believe the ridiculous bullshit that you post.

Dawg61
05-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Todd isn't worth a ban

sandwolf
05-20-2017, 10:38 AM
That's interesting, bc you have no problem claiming that every time one of us says someone did poorly that we are really saying "MSU sucks!". How can you see it when it's being done to you, but not see it when you do it to others? (In literally every single post you make pretty much)

And quit calling him "Rebel". It's lame, and he's not one...so it makes you look bad, or worseThis post is spot on.

I seen it dawg
05-20-2017, 01:55 PM
Just caught up on the board...the shit you guys have done in this thread is hard work. Good job.

Todd4State
05-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Todd isn't worth a ban

Why would I be banned in the first place?